Exclusive First Look: TV's New Sabrina, Teenage Witch, Is Ready to Cast Her Spell

Sabrina the Teenage Witch will be re-imagined for a new TV generation in plenty of time for Halloween — and TVLine has conjured a first look at the lass working some hocus pocus.

Premiering Saturday, Oct. 12 at noon EST on the Hub Network, Sabrina Secrets of a Teenage Witch fancies its titular magic-maker as “half-witch, half-human and all superhero” as she juggles her existences as a klutzy high school student and as a top sorcery student in the magical world. Whenever said worlds collide, Sabrina must battle her foes while keeping her spellcaster identity a secret from humankind.

Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical) voices Sabrina, while the rest of the cast includes Tabitha St. Germain (My Little Pony Friendship is Magic) as Aunt Hilda and others; Maryke Hendrikse (Bratz); Erin Mathews (Kid vs Kat) as Aunt Zelda and others; Kathleen Barr (Littlest Pet Shop); Matthew Erickson (Nana); and Andrew Frances.

Check out a first look at some key art from TV’s new Sabrina, plus the poster for the animated series. Will you and/or your rugrats be watching?

Sabrina_Hub_600

Sabrina_hub_poster

1. abz says:

I wish we could see a reunion of Sabrina and her aunts on Melissa & Joey!! Miss that show.

2. Matt says:

If they made a re-make of the sitcom on The CW, it would’ve been much cooler.

3. Liz says:

sooo is Sabrina Harry Potter now???

4. liz says:

I’ll check it out cause I love Sabrina….but the other animated series wasn’t able to capture the campy humour of the MJH series – which is really what we all loved (however, the tie-in novels were awesome as well lol).

5. Fernanda says:

that graphic doesn’t resemble to Archie comics drawings. She looks like a Disney/Pixar girl

6. vech says:

I love Sabrina but come on, did they have to make her so thin her waist looks like a stick? Every single time, these days girls in cartoons are all Barbie. Way to create unrealistic expectations in girls.

• liz says:

yaaa. I completely agree. I mean, I know its a cartoon and there’s an artistic license to highten the realism….but way to take a role model and tell girls they’re still too fat. Always too fat unless it looks like you’re going to break at the waist.

• Ren says:

Just in case you haven’t noticed, most girls are drawn like that…

..and I don’t hear you bitching about all men having mountains for arms and waists like rocks.

but let’s keep bashing Barbie and all things girls, right? Jeez.

7. Dan says:

I really wish that after “Melissa and Joey” ends Melissa Joan Hart would do a “Sabrina” continuation series where she and Harvey are married adults with kids, sort of like a modern-day “Bewitched.” Their kids could be mortal, forcing Sabrina to have to hide the magic that she does. She would also have to balance work, being a mother, and any supernatural mishaps. Plus, Salem could live with her and Harvey!

• abz says:

I love this idea. Kinda like what they’re doing now with Boy Meets World. I think it would be awesome but rather than have the kids all be mortal it’d be interesting to see how she tackles the same role her aunts had to take on when trying to raise her as a young witch. Or even better, it could be like a True Blood scenario where one of her kids has powers while the other doesn’t. and how she and Harvey deal with both, I don’t think they could all be mortal. They’d probably be half-witches like their mother because they have a mortal father and a witch mother similar to Sabrina’s parents.

• tara17 says:

I’ve been wanting this too. I do enjoy Melissa and Joey though.

8. tabbara93 says:

why does everything have to be 3D nowadays? :/
    I miss the old Sabrina animated series….

9. Mikael says:

I think it would be cool if the original tv series actors did the voices for this show, like Hilda, Zelda, and Sabrina.

10. Carchan says:

I’ll give it a shot – I hope Salem is in it too. :)

11. P says:

I was hoping it would be a cartoon, I shouldn’t be surprised they went the more modern route. Still might check it out, but not having Nick Bakay play Salem is going a bit weird for me to accept.