Exclusive First Look: TV's New Sabrina, Teenage Witch, Is Ready to Cast Her Spell

Get More: First Look, Kids TV

Sabrina the Teenage Witch will be re-imagined for a new TV generation in plenty of time for Halloween — and TVLine has conjured a first look at the lass working some hocus pocus.

Premiering Saturday, Oct. 12 at noon EST on the Hub Network, Sabrina Secrets of a Teenage Witch fancies its titular magic-maker as “half-witch, half-human and all superhero” as she juggles her existences as a klutzy high school student and as a top sorcery student in the magical world. Whenever said worlds collide, Sabrina must battle her foes while keeping her spellcaster identity a secret from humankind.

Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical) voices Sabrina, while the rest of the cast includes Tabitha St. Germain (My Little Pony Friendship is Magic) as Aunt Hilda and others; Maryke Hendrikse (Bratz); Erin Mathews (Kid vs Kat) as Aunt Zelda and others; Kathleen Barr (Littlest Pet Shop); Matthew Erickson (Nana); and Andrew Frances.

Check out a first look at some key art from TV’s new Sabrina, plus the poster for the animated series. Will you and/or your rugrats be watching?

Sabrina_Hub_600

Sabrina_hub_poster

Comments (21)

• I wish we could see a reunion of Sabrina and her aunts on Melissa & Joey!! Miss that show.

Comment by abz – September 10, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would make me so happy!

Comment by Steven – September 10, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they made a re-make of the sitcom on The CW, it would’ve been much cooler.

Comment by Matt – September 10, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sooo is Sabrina Harry Potter now???

Comment by Liz – September 10, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll check it out cause I love Sabrina….but the other animated series wasn’t able to capture the campy humour of the MJH series – which is really what we all loved (however, the tie-in novels were awesome as well lol).

Comment by liz – September 10, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that graphic doesn’t resemble to Archie comics drawings. She looks like a Disney/Pixar girl

Comment by Fernanda – September 10, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Sabrina comics of today don’t even look like the original comics from the 60s and 70s, so I’m sure they’ll be launching a new comic series any day now.

Comment by TV Gord – September 10, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the year 2013, in case you haven’t noticed.

Comment by Jordan – September 11, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sabrina but come on, did they have to make her so thin her waist looks like a stick? Every single time, these days girls in cartoons are all Barbie. Way to create unrealistic expectations in girls.

Comment by vech – September 10, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yaaa. I completely agree. I mean, I know its a cartoon and there’s an artistic license to highten the realism….but way to take a role model and tell girls they’re still too fat. Always too fat unless it looks like you’re going to break at the waist.

Comment by liz – September 11, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just in case you haven’t noticed, most girls are drawn like that…

..and I don’t hear you bitching about all men having mountains for arms and waists like rocks.

but let’s keep bashing Barbie and all things girls, right? Jeez.

Comment by Ren – September 11, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish that after “Melissa and Joey” ends Melissa Joan Hart would do a “Sabrina” continuation series where she and Harvey are married adults with kids, sort of like a modern-day “Bewitched.” Their kids could be mortal, forcing Sabrina to have to hide the magic that she does. She would also have to balance work, being a mother, and any supernatural mishaps. Plus, Salem could live with her and Harvey!

Comment by Dan – September 10, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this idea. Kinda like what they’re doing now with Boy Meets World. I think it would be awesome but rather than have the kids all be mortal it’d be interesting to see how she tackles the same role her aunts had to take on when trying to raise her as a young witch. Or even better, it could be like a True Blood scenario where one of her kids has powers while the other doesn’t. and how she and Harvey deal with both, I don’t think they could all be mortal. They’d probably be half-witches like their mother because they have a mortal father and a witch mother similar to Sabrina’s parents.

Comment by abz – September 10, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In the Bewitched spinoff, Tabitha, Tabitha was a witch, while her brother, Adam was a mortal.

Comment by TV Gord – September 10, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh okay. I’m not too familiar with Bewitched. But thanks for telling me.

Comment by abz – September 10, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But in the original show, both had powers.

Comment by Marco – September 11, 2013 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been wanting this too. I do enjoy Melissa and Joey though.

Comment by tara17 – September 11, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why does everything have to be 3D nowadays? :/
    I miss the old Sabrina animated series….

Comment by tabbara93 – September 10, 2013 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it would be cool if the original tv series actors did the voices for this show, like Hilda, Zelda, and Sabrina.

Comment by Mikael – September 11, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it a shot – I hope Salem is in it too. :)

Comment by Carchan – September 13, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping it would be a cartoon, I shouldn’t be surprised they went the more modern route. Still might check it out, but not having Nick Bakay play Salem is going a bit weird for me to accept.

Comment by P – September 29, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post