TVLine Items: AHS: Coven Witches Revealed, 24 Fave Gains Intelligence and More!
Plenty of familiar faces populate the new teaser for American Horror Story: Coven — making it pretty clear who’ll be counted among the FX’s creepsterpiece’s witchy women — but a certain bovine one may be starring in your nightmares for the rest of the week.
The network has unveiled a new 30-second trailer titled “Initiation” and it looks like AHS vet Jessica Lange, along with newcomers Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates, will be Coven‘s chief cauldron-stirrers.
Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Gabourey Sidibe and more also pop up in the new campaign. AHS: Coven premieres October 9 at 10/9c.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• TVLine has learned that 24 alum Annie Wersching has landed a juicy guest-starring role on CBS’ midseason spy series Intelligence, playing a CIA analyst with a secret. The Josh Holloway-fronted drama debuts Feb. 24, 2014; Wersching appears in Episode 6.
• Reeve Carney (Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark), Rory Kinnear (Skyfall) and Harry Treadaway (The Lone Ranger) have joined the cast of Showtime’s upcoming psychological thriller Penny Dreadful. Carney will play Dorian Grey, while Treadaway will tackle the role of Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Kinnear’s mysterious character is one of haunting intensity.
• ABC’s new soap Betrayal (premiering Sept. 29) has tapped D.B. Sweeney (Major Crimes, Touch, The Event) for a recurring role. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the actor will play Richard Goss, the ambitious, intense and formidable new director of the criminal division of the state attorney’s office.
• Sundance will premiere the French zombie series The Returned on Halloween night, then unspool the remainder of the eight episodes every Thursday at 9/8c.
• NBC Universal’s new Esquire cable channel will now replace Style instead of G4, effective April 22, 2014.
• We TV has renewed its salon-set docu-series L.A. Hair for a 12-episode third season.
• The Office alum Rainn Wilson shared via Twitter the trailer for his Backstrom drama pilot, which did not make the cut at CBS this season. Watch Dwight as a hard-living, tactless cop:
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?