Fall TV Preview

Revenge's Season 3 Premiere: A Deadly Illness, a Hasty Exit, Two Big Left Turns and 7 More Teases

Revenge Season 3 SpoilersWe’ve reached that glorious time of summer when the networks let loose with screeners of returning shows’ season premieres. The latest to land on our virtual desk: ABC’s Revenge. Though we’re risking serious Red Sharpie action, here are a few things we’ve just gotta share.

First and foremost — as promised — the hour makes clear that certain convoluted plot lines from last season have gone the way of Frank and Lydia. In fact, fans will be happy to note that Emily flat-out declares, “Let’s never say the words ‘Carrion’ or ‘Initiative’ ever again.”

The ABC series’ previously released promo made it clear that a wedding gown-clad Emily takes some hot lead to the gut, then tumbles off a boat. I can tell you that the episode opens with that shocking hook, then rewinds to the previous Memorial Day weekend — which is months after the events of the Season 2 finale. Now, let’s see if we can’t tease things just a little bit more, shall we?

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Revenge Plus 44 Other Returning Favorites

• Victoria’s relationship with her long-lost son, Patrick (played by Smallville‘s Justin Hartley) is Really. Not. OK.

• However, the fact that Hartley spends an entire scene wearing only a towel? Totally OK in our book.

• Within moments of Daniel running into a French hottie named Margaux (Welcome, Pan Am‘s Karine Vanasse!), the word “virgin” and the phrase “not wearing a bra” are bandied about.

• A major character is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.

• Charlotte, who several characters note has had a trying year, could give One Life to Live‘s Adriana “Bitchy Bangs” Cramer a run for her nickname.

RELATED | Revenge Sneak Peek: Victoria’s Mother-Son Reunion Gets Off to a Galloping Start

• Emily makes good on a huge debt to Nolan.

• Jack and Emily’s first scene together contains two giant, intriguing left turns that I did not expect.

• Em enlists [SPOILER]‘s help to rid the Hamptons of Ashley Davenport. But will it stick?

• Toward the end of the hour, the “double infinity” sign comes into play in a surprising way.

• A major character seems to have switched allegiances since last we saw him/her.

Revenge returns Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9/8c. Hit the Comments with your theories based on these teases.

Tags: ,

Comments (79)

• But is it GOOD?

Comment by aa – September 8, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reading from other sources that got to watch the screen, they’re all saying it’s VERY good!

Comment by iMember – September 8, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • where did u read the other reviews for the premiere

Comment by aciel – September 8, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • where did u read the reviews for the premiere?

Comment by maxisatroll123 – September 8, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • U are killing me. I can’t wait for S3. The story unfoledes and I believe this will be the season when everyone finds out who Emily is. At least till the final.

Comment by Maki – September 8, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was arguing last season that season 2 should end with Emily’s true identity being revealed. That would be a great ending to season 3.

Comment by johnhelvete – September 8, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doh, it’s pretty obvious that Jack will be upset because Emily lied to him.
    Maybe, the half of the season we will have to deal with their relationship!

Comment by Elga N. – September 8, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow Sounds Like “We Have A New Potential, Watch Us” *w*

Comment by Augusto Angulo – September 8, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ” A major character is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness” Conrad is my guess

Comment by Andy – September 8, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Conrad would be to obvious. Daniel, Ashley or Patrick are my guesses. it being Em’s would be a shocker. she would have to accelerate all her plans and destroy the Graysons ASAP.

Comment by Maki – September 8, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ha! This comment made me lol

Comment by jc – September 8, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m thinking Charlotte

Comment by Julie – September 8, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree too!!! or either Victoria…..

Comment by BeckyLeigh – September 8, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope this turns out to be a better story plot than it feels like it will be. I laughed when I read that.

Comment by Alichat – September 8, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope not. I like Conrad, (Henry Czeny is doing a nice job in Revenge). I do believe that Conrad Grayson has gone one better than J.R. Ewing from the classical soap Dallas..

Comment by Nick – September 14, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. He is evil. As an actor he does an amazing job…sometimes even confusing us. I think season 2 all but Charlotte really upped their game as far as the acting went.

Comment by dawn doublet – September 27, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I flipping worship Karine Vanasse, I’m so excited about this season!

Comment by The Real Amanda Clarke – September 8, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too!!!! Can’t wait to see her again!

Comment by Chloe – September 8, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me three! She’s wonderful!

Comment by Alex – September 8, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I predict the last one (switching alliances) is Aiden…..based on something Barry Sloane let slip.

Comment by Ella – September 8, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing that Aiden switches allegiances. Just please keep him and his hotness around, please…

Comment by Erin Mullaney – September 8, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The major character who seems to have changed allegiances I believe is Aiden because they have mentioned in previous articles that he would be “sleeping with the enemy.”

Comment by Matt – September 8, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t even handle this. I’m so needing Revenge to be back asap. I’m very glad to hear that they got rid of the things that made Season 2 so polarizing. I’m ready to see Emily just kick Victoria’s ass. :)

Comment by Clayton – September 8, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please let Aiden go the way of Carrione and Initiative and bring back crime soap staples i.e. Lydia and Frank. Please.

Comment by Justin – September 8, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not gonna happen re: Aiden. Which makes me very excited. Although I would love to have Lydia and Frank back. Lydia could still happen but Frank no way.

Comment by deme – September 8, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Love love love Aidan! Jackie. Tool. Totally hoping Em ends up with A or D but it seems like D isn’t likely.

Comment by Julie – September 8, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • **Jack IS A tool

Comment by Julie – September 8, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No, Jack isn’t. But Daniel is.

Comment by Radha – September 9, 2013 09:10 PM PDT
          • I definitely hope she does not end up with Jack. he is a blubbering idiot unable to even judge people and we saw too many instances of that in S2 and half of Nolan or Emily’s time went in saving this guy who was annoying all through!!

Comment by blrgal – September 10, 2013 04:43 AM PDT
        • Hope Ems ends up with Daniel because he “truly” loves her and does not have another agenda. Emily will rid Daniel’s family (Victoria & Concrad) and they will end up with everything together! I think there is too much water over the dam to bet back with Jack.

Comment by JE – September 17, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like that Emily will drive Ashley out of the Hamptons. That’s a nice way to write the character off and i didn’t expect it to happen this way. She could be another of Emily’s red sharpie victims, making it ultra-juicy because they used to be friends

Comment by Emily – September 8, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It also lends the possibility that it could even be Ashley who comes back and shoots Emily on her wedding day? Maybe.

Comment by iMember – September 8, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ashley must have some tie to flight 197, or else why would she be continually entangled in the web of mysteries?

Comment by JJ – September 9, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She must know that it was Emily who helped her when she was ready to change her profession to being a Whore when she needed the money!!! When will that connection come back? I think while Ashley is on another direction altogether… it must have been Emily who got her to join the Greysons… why would she keep coming back to them despite all the humiliation thrown at her by them?

Comment by shyls – September 10, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the reference to OLTL’s “bitchy bangs” – lol! Can’t was it for the new season of Revenge!

Comment by Ava – September 8, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really curious to see what happens with Charlotte’s pregnancy!

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – September 8, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that will be fun, watching Charlotte get bigger and bigger….then her MOM will do every thing got her…..then her DAD Conrad getting MEAN, really MEAN!!!

Comment by BeckyLeigh – September 8, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think it’s happening. Something in a previous Tvline article (or a preview?) makes me think that Charlottle either loses the baby or terminates the pregnancy. Either way…I don’t actually foresee Charlotte actually becoming a mom.

Comment by Julie – September 8, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it me or am i more exicited about the revenge season premiere this year than i was last year

Comment by aciel – September 8, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Given Ashley Madekwe’s departure from the show I’d say Em does well at getting rid of Ashley.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – September 8, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited for the premiere of season 3. Really hope it gets back on track because i love Revenge and the way season 2 ended i was like NOOOOO. I want season 3 NOW!

Comment by greysfan – September 9, 2013 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, no Lydia this season?

Comment by Nico,as – September 9, 2013 01:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the last time Lydia is DEAD! She died in the plane crash.

Comment by Gerald – September 9, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *explosion, not crash

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – September 9, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A major character is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.. Tha’ts CONRAD! :(

Comment by Chris – September 9, 2013 02:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sad. I also hope it’s not Conrad. I like Conrad. He is the best villain.

Comment by Nick – September 15, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to this premiere so badly !

Comment by danielle a – September 9, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really looking forward to this season’s premiere!!

Comment by danielle a – September 9, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the character switching alliances is definitely Aiden….which kinda sucks, he ws good partner to Emily….now i bet its gonna be Jack.

Comment by Sam – September 9, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m looking forward to it. I liked Aiden as Emily’s partner in crime, but it’s about time he got something to do that doesn’t revolve solely around her. I don’t want to see him pining away for her while she completes her revenge, or worse, being her lapdog. Their chemistry is at its best when they’re fighting. The only thing I’m concerned about is that they might turn Aiden too dark, just to prop up Jack’s side of the love triangle. He was so dull and annoying in season two. Poisoning the Aiden well is the easiest way to make him look like the more appealing prospect for Ems, the way he was at the start. I shipped them all the way, until Aiden came on the scene.

Comment by Elouise – September 10, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes to Aiden branching out beyond Emily. I love them together but like it best when they give as good as they get with other. I don’t think they’re taking him down a dark path and if they did it wouldn’t change my position on Jack. Jack will never look more appealing in my eyes no matter what they do w/Aiden or even Daniel for that matter.

Comment by deme – September 10, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 1/The man-up of S3 is Jack! They will minimize all the other men role to give him more space with Emily. So whatever, I never like his character.
        2/Sexy or not, handsome or not the true nature of Jack will be revealed. I always doubted his was an adventurous sailer.
        3/Did you realize Emily put 3 men in her bed, maybe she will put others for the sake of revenge.
        4/Josh Bowman said Daniel’s relationship with Emily will be tested and they might or might not get married.
        5/As usual, she will take Conrad responsible for her friend Amanda’s death, whom by the way, she framed and used as a doll.
        6/With Emily everything is Graysons’ fault never hers. She fight chaos with chaos, but refuses to assume the collateral damages.
        7/In such way she is an irresponsible girl, stuck in the past.
        8/Bitterness, spiteful, revenge are Emily’s breakfast and dinner, and she’s spoiling everybody arround her. She is worst than Victoria. No one as enough strength yet to reason her.

Comment by allen – September 11, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope its not Aiden

Comment by Valerie – September 9, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot. Wait. Although I am gonna have to kind of avoid certain spoiler websites until January, because that’s when we get it in the UK unfortunately :(

Comment by allthingsentertainment94 – September 10, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Life threatening does not mean terminal. I just hope it is something juicy or will it be the cliche brain tumor. LOL

Comment by WingsStef – September 10, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m tired of the Jack & Emily storyline. Just because they spent one magical summer together when they were nine doesn’t mean they are soul mates. They’ve spent the last 15 years romanticizing their friendship & now, that’s all it needs to be. She belongs with Daniel. Can you imagine the drama & conflict that would add to her revenge? That if she truly loves Daniel (which we already know she has feelings for him or she would have let the poor boy rot in jail). She makes Daniel a better man & he loves her. Not to mention the actors are so cute together anyway so you know that’s not all acting between them. I will always be pro- Daniel & Emily.

Comment by Dar – September 11, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally, I do not see the any real love with Daniel and Emily at all. She did not want him to rot in jail because she knew he was not the one that killed Tyler. Yes, one of the shots was by Daniel but it was self defense. In my opinion any chance for Daniel and Emily flew the coop when Emily realized he would side with his parents over the truth about David. My point is, as many fans there are that are sick of Jack and Emily, there probably just as many that are sick of Daniel and Emily. Either way I am looking forward to an awesome summer in the Hamptons.

Comment by WingsStef – September 12, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wrote previously I cannot understand why Jack loves fairy tale, but I have a partial answer. Sunil Nayar said Emily is Jack present and baby Carl is his futur. That sentence is incomplete, I will add Amanda is Jack past. Everything which linked him to Amanda are dead: the boat, and the dog, and the innocent girl. For the sake of revenge, he will become a darker man, maybe it’s a process of maturity or destruction, it’s up to him! Nonetheless, if baby Carl is really his futur revenge is not the best path neither fairy tale. A present with Emily only taste revenge.
        About Daniel and Emily’s relationship. I’m not tired about them as couple, but I’m tired about this playtool engagement re-engagement and marriage or not marriage thing. Moreover, for the man’s sanity it’s better they don’t marry.
        Finally about Aiden, he’s a dark mysterious killer, before any further step it’s better you know who you go in bed with. Yes, he’s a ninja boy or a James Bond. But, apparently Emily doesn’t know very much about him; she investigated everybody besides Aiden (maybe I wrong).

Comment by allen – September 13, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • error: future

Comment by allen – September 13, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually Sunil said The Stowaway represents Jack’s past. The bar his father built. But yeah I can go with you on Amanda being Jack’s past as well. The way Sunil stated Jack’s position makes me think there’s no future for Jack & Emily for the reason you stated. Can’t go around revenging w/Emily if he plans on securing a future for his future, Carl.
          Yeah I’m completely over the will they, won’t they w/Daniel and Emily. This has literally been going on for 3 seasons. As my grandma would say $hit or get off the pot!

Comment by deme – September 18, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You have thought provoking ideas here, but it is hard to understand your writing

Comment by dawn doublet – September 27, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sorry….this wasn’t meant to go here! I understand your writing just fine!:)

Comment by dawn doublet – September 27, 2013 03:03 PM PDT
      • I agree about Daniel losing Ems when he chose Grayson Global. I never wanted either Jack or Daniel…was really excited when Aiden showed up, and hope it is him.

Comment by dawn doublet – September 27, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Jack and Emily, kids met one summer and they romantized their encounter. I can understand why Emily see Jack as a prince charming, but I do not understand why a guy like Jack like fairy tale. Emily is stuck in the past, because she adored the eight wonderful years she is past with her dad before the dramatic event. I wanted to tell her: grow up, expand your vision or conception of love. Some people will bet: she belongs to Daniel or Aiden…Me, I don’t know! But I do know one thing love is not memories but engagement in the futur. And for now, even if she’s using him like a pawn, the only one she wants to marry with is a Grayson.

Comment by allen – September 13, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Allen I don’t always agree with you but I always like reading your views.This time I wholeheartedly agree re Jack and Emily. But come on now, you know Emily is only marrying Daniel for revenge love has nothing to do with it.

Comment by deme – September 18, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was with you until “She belongs with Daniel.”

Comment by deme – September 18, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know who she belongs to, and sincerily I don’t care. If she wants to go further in her revenge plan she as a pawn named Daniel, if she wants to explore love or fantasy she has two other pawns, and finally if she wants happiness, my advice: make friends and forgive.

Comment by allen – September 22, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I forgot : … if she wants romance, she has three pawns…

Comment by allen – September 23, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wondering about how NOLAN will be found innocent …definitely want me some NEMILY …
    thought , wish season 3 was starting much sooner!!!!!!!!! Come on fans!? All those feeling “REVENGEY” say aye !!!!!!!

Comment by Wendy Burke – September 12, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may have missed it, but does the time frame throw anyone else off? ” I can tell you that the episode opens with that shocking hook, then rewinds to the previous Memorial Day weekend — which is months after the events of the Season 2 finale.”

Season 2 ended on election night in November, so we have gone forward ten months? This is a considerable amount of time that has lapsed. Charlotte definitely won’t be pregnant–she will either have the baby in arms or not. This also means Emily has supposedly been engaged ten months, Nolan in jail ten months, Jack known about Emily for ten months… you get my drift. It seems that they have not only creatively distanced themselves from season 2 but also chronologically as well. When we see Jack and Emily together for the first time, unless it is a flashback, it will not be the rawness of her reveal of her true identity. I sure hope this concept goes well…

Comment by Lee – September 26, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Revenge has always started with a flash forward and then rewinding back to Memorial Day each season. I understand that the format is not for everyone but it isn’t anything new.

Comment by WingsStef – September 26, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This far back and with such huge issues hanging, like Jack’s reaction to Amanda and Charlotte hearing that Declan is dead. Even the mourning for Dec.

Comment by dawn doublet – September 27, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, but in season 1, the flash forward was to the memorial day engagement party, and then a rewind some three months earlier to the start of summer. Season 1 then ended with the timeline in March. Season 2 started up with the timeline in May with only 2 months or so having passed. The flash forward was to Amanda’s demise in September. Season 2 then ended in November on election night. According to this review, Season 3 starts the timeline at the next year’s Memorial Day, which is a huge jump of ten months (Nov-Sept), with even further into the future Emily getting shot in her wedding dress. Revenge has never allowed this much time to pass between the ending of one season and the beginning of another in the timeline. As I said before, it was probably done to allow the new ideas of season 3 some distance to play out, but I hope it isn’t too much of a leap. Perhaps some flashbacks will fill us in. I actually like the inventiveness of the flash forward/ flash back concept, just not the ten month span that will be (at least temporarily) unaccounted for when season 3 begins.

Comment by Lee – September 27, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hmm, I was assuming that the wedding would be around September (that being the flash forward) and then they go back to May. Of course we will probably only slowly be told about the other six months. I might be wrong. We should get some answers on Sunday.

Comment by WingsStef – September 27, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does anyone think emily and nolan should end up together

Comment by Nureen – October 15, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post