Exclusive

Hannibal Exclusive: Sex Symbol Cynthia Nixon Joins Season 2 Cast as [Spoiler]

Hannibal Cynthia NixonHungry for a little Hannibal Season 2 scoop?

Sex and the City vet Cynthia Nixon is returning to TV with a recurring role on Bryan Fuller’s delectable NBC serial thriller, TVLine has learned exclusively.

VIDEO | Hannibal Season 2: Bryan Fuller, Hugh Dancy Tease a ‘Scrappy,’ ‘More Calculating’ Will Graham

Nixon will play Kade Prurnell, an employee of the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight who is investigating the events of the first season and Jack Crawford’s (Laurence Fishburne) culpability.

Nixon’s post-Sex TV roles have included stints on The Big C and 30 Rock.

Hannibal is slated to return at midseason.

1. Teag says:

Awesome, love any Hannibal news.

2. alistaircrane says:

I keep waiting for them to cast Clarice Starling.

• Jon says:

Bryan Fuller’s said that we won’t see Hannibal go into Silence of the Lambs territory until Season 5, so I’d say the soonest possible season we’d see Clarice is near the end of 4 (which will be based on Red Dragon).

• Teag says:

I really think Red Dragon should be season 3, with Silence as 4. Speed up the story a bit.

• David4 says:

I agree, is there really that much backstory to tell? Speed the show up. There was talk of the first season finale of Fringe being the season 3 premiere or finale (can’t remember which), but they sped it up to keep the story going at a great pace.

And look at Scandal, they fit more story in 44 minutes than most shows fit in a year.

• Mikael says:

I think they should speed up the story, because who knows if the show will even get to season 4?

• alistaircrane says:

I thought Season 1 was an adaptation of Red Dragon? Aren’t all these characters from that book? I’m not a Hannibal expert, I’m just watching because it’s Bryan Fuller. Sadly, this show is not as good as Wonderfalls or Pushing Daisies.

• Jen says:

I hope we get to see Clarice soon but I think Lifetime still has the right to that character.

3. Great great great. Can’t wait for S2.

4. Dr. Mina Cheslov MD says:

I despise Clarice Starling. I would prefer to watch her suffer into a downward sprial psychologically and beg for my help in the end.

5. Dr. Mina Cheslov MD says:

Clarice Starling deserves to suffer.

6. Wishing says:

I wanna be Clarice Starling

7. Vicky Sullivan says:

I too am waiting for Hannibal’s return. I did catch Rising Hannibal 2 weeks ago. It tells the story of Lector as a child and what sent him over the edge. It was really good, don’t know who wrote the story but it told what he went through and somehow got out of, makes a great story for the child who becomes the man and why. I love the relationship with Clarice, she is probably the only “sane” relationship Hannibal has ever had. Also,with his psychiatrist leaving the show, who will he talk to? The new show The Blacklist, has that play between Spader’s character and an FBI agent, like Hannibal and Clarice. It should keep me going until mid-season.

8. Michele Donahoe says:

I LOVE this show!! And all of my family does too. Bring it back SOON!!