Hannibal Exclusive: Sex Symbol Cynthia Nixon Joins Season 2 Cast as [Spoiler]

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Hannibal Cynthia NixonHungry for a little Hannibal Season 2 scoop?

Sex and the City vet Cynthia Nixon is returning to TV with a recurring role on Bryan Fuller’s delectable NBC serial thriller, TVLine has learned exclusively.

VIDEO | Hannibal Season 2: Bryan Fuller, Hugh Dancy Tease a ‘Scrappy,’ ‘More Calculating’ Will Graham

Nixon will play Kade Prurnell, an employee of the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight who is investigating the events of the first season and Jack Crawford’s (Laurence Fishburne) culpability.

Nixon’s post-Sex TV roles have included stints on The Big C and 30 Rock.

Hannibal is slated to return at midseason.

Comments (21)

• Awesome, love any Hannibal news.

Comment by Teag – September 6, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I keep waiting for them to cast Clarice Starling.

Comment by alistaircrane – September 6, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bryan Fuller’s said that we won’t see Hannibal go into Silence of the Lambs territory until Season 5, so I’d say the soonest possible season we’d see Clarice is near the end of 4 (which will be based on Red Dragon).

Comment by Jon – September 6, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really think Red Dragon should be season 3, with Silence as 4. Speed up the story a bit.

Comment by Teag – September 6, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, is there really that much backstory to tell? Speed the show up. There was talk of the first season finale of Fringe being the season 3 premiere or finale (can’t remember which), but they sped it up to keep the story going at a great pace.

And look at Scandal, they fit more story in 44 minutes than most shows fit in a year.

Comment by David4 – September 8, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think they should speed up the story, because who knows if the show will even get to season 4?

Comment by Mikael – September 9, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought Season 1 was an adaptation of Red Dragon? Aren’t all these characters from that book? I’m not a Hannibal expert, I’m just watching because it’s Bryan Fuller. Sadly, this show is not as good as Wonderfalls or Pushing Daisies.

Comment by alistaircrane – September 7, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope we get to see Clarice soon but I think Lifetime still has the right to that character.

Comment by Jen – September 7, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The last I checked MGM has the rights and will not sell out to the Hannibal tv series.

Comment by Dr. Mina Cheslov MD – September 10, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Miscellaneous Ramblings From An Old Curmudgeon .

Comment by doc1952hudson – September 7, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank god you reblogged it or i’d never hear about this casting!

Comment by Moriarty's pocket protector – September 7, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • thank god you commented or no one would see your witty name.

lol at the “Sexy symbol” line…

Comment by theMicronian – September 7, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank g-d YOU posted so that everyone could see your ridiculous name.

Comment by Bob – September 9, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great great great. Can’t wait for S2.

Comment by Petra (@MorbidPet) – September 7, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I despise Clarice Starling. I would prefer to watch her suffer into a downward sprial psychologically and beg for my help in the end.

Comment by Dr. Mina Cheslov MD – September 10, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clarice Starling deserves to suffer.

Comment by Dr. Mina Cheslov MD – September 10, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna be Clarice Starling

Comment by Wishing – September 14, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too am waiting for Hannibal’s return. I did catch Rising Hannibal 2 weeks ago. It tells the story of Lector as a child and what sent him over the edge. It was really good, don’t know who wrote the story but it told what he went through and somehow got out of, makes a great story for the child who becomes the man and why. I love the relationship with Clarice, she is probably the only “sane” relationship Hannibal has ever had. Also,with his psychiatrist leaving the show, who will he talk to? The new show The Blacklist, has that play between Spader’s character and an FBI agent, like Hannibal and Clarice. It should keep me going until mid-season.

Comment by Vicky Sullivan – October 4, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show!! And all of my family does too. Bring it back SOON!!

Comment by Michele Donahoe – November 16, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post