Exclusive

Exclusive Beauty and the Beast Video: Vincent Meets His Maker, While Cat Kicks Some Ass

Beauty and the Beast‘s Catherine and Vincent (played by Kristen Kreuk and Jay Ryan) will someday be reunited, if either of them have anything to say about the matter — that much is clear in a new promo for Season 2 (premiering Monday, Oct. 7 at 9/8c).

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Beauty and the Beast and 44 Other Returning Faves

Over the course of 60 scintillating seconds, you will see Vincent come face-to-face with his “maker” (played by Brian Tee of Grimm/Crash), while Catherine desperately collaborates with JT (Austin Basis) on a plan to exact “justice” and track down their abducted loved one.

Little does Cat know that the man behind Vincent’s capture is her biological father. Thus, Agent Reynolds (recurring player Ted Whittall) is seen (sorta) worrying, “I hope my daughter doesn’t get in the way again.”

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

Press PLAY now (as if you haven’t already) to check out the promo. And for good measure, we’ve added below our scoopy Comic-Con sitdown with Kreuk and Ryan.

Loading video...

1. Samson says:

OMG!!! Thanks so much TVLINE! First season 2 trailer and it’s AMAZING! Love BATB it’s my fave show so excited! VINCAT have that once in a lifetime chemistry people hope they are lucky enough to find in life.

2. Belle says:

Ahhhh this is awesome! Thank you, TVLine!!

3. Jay says:

Love that Cat is so Badass

• Agree, love to see a capable woman hold her own in fight scene. I hope KK gets more fight sequences this year. She is fantastic.

• Samson says:

Yes, Love when Kristin Kreuk kicks major butt! BATB should take advantage of KK’s skills – she knows martial arts and trained in gymnastics! Super sexy!

• ashley says:

i agree with you. i just love when a woman kicks major butt. she sure knows martial arts cause she starred in the legend of chung li and was awesome.she’s super sexy for sure and as vince says smoking hot. vincent is even more sexier in season too. they are great together and have great chemistry. i hope it won’t be too long for vincent to remember who cat is.

thumps up to beauty and the beast creators, staff and cast and also tv line

this is a great show. i absolutely love it. iam always on pins and needles waiting for the next episode

• Katiki says:

I was just about to post the exact same comment. We need more strong women on television. Because 85% of primetime TV writers are men, we often get female characters who are damsels in distress, sex objects, bitches, nagging wives, etc. There aren’t enough kickass leads out there, and now that we’ve lost Olivia from Fringe and Sarah from Chuck, it’s so nice to have Cat fill the void. And Kristin plays kickass so well, despite being so small.

• Claudia says:

I was so hoping for this we need more Cat’s fight scenes!

• liz says:

she is! And i love how her badassery isnt just her fighting skills (which are indeed awesome), but she’s a badass in how confident she is. She’s self assured, she wont be brow-beaten by people (especially the men around her), she’s opinionated and loyal. And she’s emotional, she’s openly loving of her friends, sister, Vincent; she’s got a sense of humour. All of these qualities make her such a badass and a remarkable female character. We need more female characters who are complex and interesting like her.

4. monica says:

Thanks for the promo. It looks like season 2 is going to pick up very fast paced. I cant wait to see what season 2 has in store of us fans.

5. Matt says:

I’m sorry. I can’t even give it another try. If the first half of the first season was awful to watch, the second will be worst, and maybe even tank in rating, pulled by midseason blah.

• Patricia says:

I feel so sorry for you. You are missing a really good show.

• Claudia says:

Well the show already is for a 2nd. full season of 22 episodes regardless of the ratings, so we beasties know it will deliver…anyways is the cw all we care is to get as much of BATB as we can…thanks for your input on a show you don’t like.

6. mercedes says:

Realmente es una fantástica serie, que no ha hecho más que mejorar desde que empezó. En este momento la más original, entretenida, sorprendente, admirable y absolutamene innovadora. Un gusto seguir esta serie. Espero que también aquí, en España, podamos ver pronto la segunda temporada. Feliz día para todos.

7. M3rc Nate says:

The trailer looks really good, i think its smart to get away from the Procedural, not that it didnt have its place in the first season. It all depends on if they have enough mythology and character meat on the bone to pull off being a show all about the characters.

My one issue with the show, is Catherine and Vincent felt shoved together by the writers. It did NOT feel like they actually feel in love. I mean when have we seen them actually have a full fledged conversation not “work” related? She met him, pried out of him who he was and his connection to her mother, then it was a bunch of episodes of her pining for him and talking him through his changing…i dont feel the connection of love like i felt watching Chuck and Sarah fall in love or Olivia and Peter fall in love etc.

8. This looks great. High on the action!! Ready for the ride season 2 is certain to bring. Thank you for the update. So excited. Not much longer now.

9. Julie says:

This is some really good stuff…cannot wait to see S2 play out on our TV screens.

10. Jared says:

Wow S2 looks intense! Can’t wait for the premiere!

11. Mary says:

OMG this looks amazing! Now I’m even more excited for season 2- if that is even possible! Love this show and VinCat so so much, I seriously can not wait! Looks like it’s going be much more intense and movie-like this year too, so I’m doubly excited now – bring it on! !!

12. April says:

Awesome promo! This is so exciting. I can’t wait for October to get here. Beauty and the Beast is such an amazing show!

13. Blossom Borba says:

I can’t wait for the show it really is my favorite!!!!! It looks like it is going to be such an awesome season 2!!!

14. Claudia says:

Cant freaking wait for a S2 Cat kicking some ass…. niiiice!

15. Kristina says:

Looking forward to this season! I love that they’ve managed to split Kat and Vincent up (which we all knew would happen cause heaven forbid we get a happy couple on TV lol) in a way that actually contributes to advancement of the storyline, and not for a stupid, manufactured reason just to create relationship drama.

16. Autumn says:

It really looks like season 2 has improved. I’m so excited that Brad Kern (Charmed) has joined the show. Hopefully, more people will give it a second chance.

17. Krissy says:

Thanks for the promo TVLine! Can’t wait for S2 to start, and by the looks of this promo, we are in for an amazing ride! Love when Cat has fight scenes, she is one tough lady. It will also be interesting to see what they have done to Vincent. Great teaser!

18. Nic says:

I’m beyond thrilled to see this because I’ve been waiting forever to see some new scenes. I’m pretty obsessed with BATB. LOVE KK and JR together. Onscreen magic. Palpable chemistry. The trailer is awesome and actually makes me even more excited for season 2 if possible!! Thanks for posting this!!

19. Kat says:

Love BATB and especially Vincat. They are sooooo sexy and ooze chemistry. Can’t wait. Super stoked.

20. Donna says:

Enjoy the show but where are Kristin’s pants in the interview?

21. Ted says:

More Catherine Chandler please!

22. Lucorza says:

Exelente serie me encanta espero poder ver la segunda temporada rapido aca en Argentina

23. TYSM for that preview, the leads in this show have amazing chemistry. I can’t wait for the new season

24. mercedes says:

The season 1 it was exciting and above all very ingenious. I am secure that season 2 will be it still very much more.

25. michael says:

i love this show. awesome!

26. Ninfa Ramos says:

I do love the show Beauty and The Beast, incredibly amazing and lovely and majestic!!!! Can´t not wait for season 2!!! Great actors, all!!! Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan is the most onscreen stunning couple I´ve ever seen in my life!!

27. Aplus says:

This looks so good!!! OMG I can’t wait, I think that Cat and Vincent has amazing chemistry together.

28. Catherine says:

It’s almost October 7! A new BATB adventure will begin. Can’t wait! Thanks for this update tvline!

29. Debra T. says:

thanks so much for keeping it going!!!!!! THIS IS AN AMAAAAAAZING SHOW! I am counting the days til when I can see Season 2… to the writers… PLEASE KEEP THIS SERIES AIRED! what can we do? how can we, the audience help keep this aired??? thank you TV LINE for giving us the scoop.
    Debra T.