The actor — who opted to leave the hit PBS series last season — has joined The CW’s new fall drama, lending his voice to the series’ “biological computer,” TIM, EW.com reports.
The Tomorrow People premieres Oct. 9.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Jennifer Finnigan (Monday Mornings, Better With You) will star in the FX drama pilot Tyrant, Deadline reports. From Homeland EPs Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff and Six Feet Under‘s Craig Wright, the project follows an unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation. Finnigan joins as the “strong, smart and idealistic” matriarch of said family.
• Game of Thrones has recast the role of Gregor Clegane — aka Westeros warrior The Mountain — for a third time. Icelandic actor Hafthor Julius Bjornsson will portray the character in Season 4 of the fantastical HBO drama.
• Newcomer Alexander Dreymon has joined American Horror Story: Coven, Deadline reports, playing a handsome man who moves in next door to the New Orleans-set Academy.
• FX’s Guillermo del Toro/Carlton Cuse-helmed drama pilot The Strain has added Natalie Brown (Being Human). The actress replaces Lauren Lee Smith in the project, which revolves around the spread of a vampiric contagion.
• Starz’s upcoming historical drama Outlander has cast two key roles. Graham McTavish (24) will play Dougal MacKenzie and Gary Lewis (Merlin) will play Colum MacKenzie, the powerful uncles of Scottish warrior Jamie Fraser, who want their nephew to swear allegiance to their clan.
• The first guests on the new, syndicated late-night talker The Arsenio Hall Show will include Chris Tucker (on the Sept. 9 premiere), Scandal newbie Lisa Kudrow (Sept. 10), NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson (Sept. 11) and NCIS frontman Mark Harmon (Sept. 12).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?