Arrow Targets Spartacus Alumna as Infamous DC Comics Villain Amanda Waller

Cynthia Addai-Robinson ArrowArrow has found yet another foe for Oliver Queen.

Spartacus vet Cynthia Addai-Robinson has landed the pivotal role of DC Comics baddie Amanda Waller, TVGuide.com reports.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Arrow, Plus 44 Other Returning Favorites

In Arrow‘s iteration, Waller is employed by A.R.G.U.S., a clandestine agency that has a mysterious agenda and possesses key information about the Arrow.

Addai-Robinson — who plays a character previously brought to life by the likes of Angela Bassett, CCH Pounder and Pam Grier — will arrive on the scene in Episode 6, not long after the Episode 2 introduction of fellow Suicide Squad member Bronze Tiger (Spawn’s Michael Jai White).

RELATED | Arrow Scoop: Breakout Killing Star Commits to ‘Sin’-ful Season 2 Arc

Fun fact: On Spartacus, Addai-Robinson played the love interest of Arrow regular Manu Bennett’s character, Crixus. Any on-camera reunion would be unlikely, though, since Slade Wilson thus far has been confined to island flashbacks.

Arrow launches its second season on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 8/7c.

1. Nicole says:

Ha! Crixus (Manu as Slade) is reunited with his Navia. Nice casting.

2. Wrstlgirl says:

Gratitude!

3. courts says:

AHHHHH! CYNTHIA! Is Slade going to be alive in the present? Because I would love scenes between him and Amanda. It would have a fun Ben Browder/Claudia Black in Stargate SG-1 kind of feel.

4. Grant says:

Great another fail casting. Rail thin young actress playing Waller… What is wrong with these people. At least they didn’t whitewash Waller like they did with the Chinese comic character.

5. Daisy says:

I miss Spartacus.

6. Austin T. says:

A.R.G.U.S. sounds a bit like S.H.I.E.L.D. to me, though nowhere near as catchy of an acronym.

• Alan says:

they essentially are. they are a fairly new organisation in the comics and they havent exactly been portrayed in a positive light ever since they debuted. they are essentially the new checkmate in the dc universe.

7. Martin says:

Could be good, but is she not a bit young??

8. DL says:

Was hoping for Regina King. Oh well.

9. wordsmith says:

Personally, I remember Cynthia best from her 2-second wordless cameo in the most recent Star Trek movie. I have to assume there was some sort of a deleted scene that explains why they basically just used her as an extra in a crowd scene.

• angela says:

I thought that was Man of Steel?

• wordsmith says:

No, definitely Star Trek – she’s on a sidewalk in San Francisco watching as the USS Vengeance crash lands into the city. You can even see pretty much her entire performance in the trailer for the movie.

10. Drew says:

Wow… Okay. Not your typical Amanda Waller, but I guess they could be trying to make her more of a contemporary of Oliver’s. In the comics, he’s older too. It would have been interesting to see someone a little less CW-glam though.

11. Here is a picture of what Amanda Waller looks like in the comics. (In the box on the left.)

This costume looks pretty spot on to me.

12. CBWBDK1 says:

NOOOO!!! I was so happy when she died on Spartacus! I was hoping i would never she her face again! This is terrible news!

13. Adam says:

I have no problem with this casting. This is pretty much how she looks in the “New 52″ DC Comic Universe anyway. My only complaint is a total nerd complaint and it is the headline to this story. I would hardly call Amanda Waller an “Infamous DC Comics Villain”. She has always been a government agent. She’s tough as nails and can be a witch, but she’s not a villain. She just is sometimes at odds with the heroes and sometimes on their side, depending on what the government’s stance is in a particular situation.

14. Sheldon W. says:

I don’t see her as ‘The Wall’ in the same physical way that others have portrayed the character, but Addai-Robinson can definitely hit that as a supremley confident, determined, brook-no-BS, attitudinal kind of character.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how she does in the role.

15. ishthemish says:

Kewl.

16. Mikael says:

I haven’t read much of the New 52, so I didn’t know that Amanda Waller was now portrayed as thin and young. I really liked Pam Grier’s casting on Smallville. She did a great job on a less-than-stellar show. With Arrow’s better writing, she could’ve been an even better Amanda.

17. Alan says:

great they are going with the new 52 version, the sexed up for no apparent reason version. i miss the character that could justifiably be called “the wall”, it was great to see someone who didnt look exactly like every other woman in comics.