It's Official: True Blood End Date Set, Season 7 Will Be Sookie's Swan Song

Get More: Cancellations

True Blood Cancelled Fangs for the memories: As we hinted last week, True Blood‘s upcoming seventh season will indeed be the show’s last, HBO confirmed Tuesday.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

True Blood has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO,”  said HBO’s president of programming Michael Lombardo in a statement. “Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an unforgettable journey. Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show. Together with its legions of fans, it will be hard to say goodbye to the residents of Bon Temps, but I look forward to what promises to be a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show.”

RELATED | Did Eric Die? True Blood Boss Reveals Alexander Skarsgard’s Season 7 Fate

Buckner, meanwhile, thanked “the most passionate fans in television” and promised to “do our very best to bring Sookie’s story to a close with heart, imagination and, of course, fun.”

True Blood‘s polarizing Season 6 finale on Sunday drew 4.1 million viewers, down from both its season opener (which drew 4.5 mil) and its Season 5 finale (5 mil).

True Blood‘s 10-episode farewell season will premiere in summer 2014.

Thoughts? Disappointed? Relieved? Care you share your wish list of things that must happen before the show fades to black? Hit the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (388)

• Both happy and disappointed. The more recent seasons have really gone downhill, but the season six finale was really great. Here’s hoping this isn’t one of the bad ones and we go out with a bang.

Comment by Jackson Galaxy (@BetaRayBob) – September 3, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is indeed really sad… I will miss the Bon Temps crew… Sookie, Bill, Eric & Pam, Sam, Jess & everyone else. Sad.

Comment by Liz – September 3, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well put. HBO certainly seems to have a big Hatchet; “Deadwood” was simply chopped off after only three seasons. Oh, well, as long as these ratings/quota/money wars continue, I guess viewers who actually enjoy these shows will simply be “Cut Off.”

Comment by John Bertalan – October 17, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also very sad… Epic series that can’t be topped.

Comment by Musty – October 21, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love the series. I missed it from the 3rd series after CH4 stopped showing it but have recently been given series 4&5 as presents. I think it gets better and will be sad that it has to come to an end. I have not read the books, but will do to see the difference.

Comment by Rosemarie – January 21, 2014 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The books are SO MUCH DIFFERENT. In fact, since I read them first, the show was a bit disappointing because it really deviates a lot. The books are great, really worth the read. I do love the show, but it did bug me how different it was.

Comment by Steff – March 11, 2014 09:16 AM PDT
          • I actually have the opposite opinion. I read a few of the books and kept waiting for them to get better…they didn’t. They’re just cheesy romance novels with a supernatural twist. Kudos to the creators of the TV series for seeing past Ms. Harris’ simpering storytelling.

Comment by Mary – April 9, 2014 09:21 AM PDT
      • I AM SO UPSET TO SEE THIS

Comment by Christina – February 26, 2014 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked s6 better than s5. Well, I hope Sookie ends with Alcide or Eric. Would like to see her and Eric give it another go, but I love Alcide.

Comment by lorna – September 3, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also, was hoping for a s8. Just two more seasons!! GRR

Comment by lorna – September 3, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! I wanted them to end with 12 eps, not a lousy 10. Make the last season matter!

Comment by Stephanie – September 3, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ya defiantly would rather 12 episodes and i wish they made a season 8 and 9 this is such a good show i don’t want it to end :/

Comment by chelsea – September 26, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But Eric dies (sorry if it was a spoiler for you).

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • We never actually see Eric die. Only that he is caught out in the sun.

Comment by Pierre Aston – November 21, 2013 06:37 PM PDT
          • did you pause to look at the penis shot, coz dude you see it all, he’s a grower not a shower!

Comment by jade – December 4, 2013 04:37 AM PDT
          • when do u se Erics penis shot? lol

Comment by Jess – April 12, 2014 12:27 PM PDT
          • Yes, we don’t see Eric die but we do see Pam rushing to the rescue. This series finale better be worth it, I’m so mad at season 5, praise be to Lilith ppppppppppppft!

Comment by Tanya Butterfield – April 15, 2014 11:48 PM PDT
      • Sookie should chose Sam. All the other guys have been selfish, crazy or placed her in danger before. Sam has loved her since the begining. I hope she ends up with him, he’s a good guy

Comment by Eli – September 4, 2013 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, especially when Luna died and it took him just a few days to fall in love with another girl and to make her pregnant. Really good guy for Sookie, really trustworthy…

Comment by Elle – September 8, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I did not like the Sam story line this season because it made no sense. Sam was hooking up with someone a couple of DAYS after Luna died, not weeks. It was crazy. So unlike Sam, who has spend his life staying in control. Sam deserved a better story line.

Comment by Stephanie – September 8, 2013 05:42 AM PDT
          • Sam didn’t “fall in love with Nicole.” He slept with her for comfort – big difference. Complications were she got pregnant.

Comment by Mel – September 8, 2013 06:56 AM PDT
          • The book’s end with Sookie and Sam together. I am going to be so sad to see this show go it is my favorite show ever. However when I was reading the book’s I always anticipated Alcide and Sookie together so I hope that we get to see what that is like in season 8….Seriously though a tip for HBO …… RECONSIDER, I don’t want to see this show end and it brings in so many viewer’s. Half the movie’s on HBO such and this is what keep’s me going to those Channel’s.

Comment by Jenna – October 10, 2013 07:44 AM PDT
        • Well, in the actual BOOK she does!

Comment by Geoff – September 29, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well I don’t think that .I think she will go with Bill.

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sookie will settle for Seal Sex Sam at the last possible second in the series finale. She will throw away her fairy powers. She will make nice with her rapist Bill. Alcide will get tossed out with that dumb werewolf storyline no one cares about. Eric will get tossed into a “romance” with his lesbian BFF Pam and they and the suddenly-majorly-important Willa will take off for parts unknown.

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:18 PM PDT
      • Every season has been horrible since season 3 or maybe 4, last season was almost unwatchable. I almost gave up on this series years ago and I wish that I didn’t second guess myself. I mean come on people the acting is bad, every season tells the story of 20 people and most only really care about the Vamps, we had Werepanthers LOL, the wolves are just weak and the story has gotten sooooooooooo corny its not even funny i.e. Sam watches his girlfriend die, he takes in her daughter and in the same night falls in love with a chick he just meet and gets her pregnant I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!!! I honestly have never hated a show more than True Blood I should have given up after season 3.

Comment by Chris – September 4, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree 100%. Its gone down since season 3?

Comment by missllah – September 4, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • U people r so damn stupid! How can u day this show has gone down hill! U obviously haven’t read the damn books! I have read all of them n r pretty damn upset that its being cancelled after season 7. It’s not bad Acting there just being told to act a certain way y’all r just mad that y’all sick ass n aren’t famous like them, so get a life it’s a show based on a book series not real life idiots!

Comment by Amy – September 18, 2013 12:11 PM PDT
          • Frankly, I lost interest after season 2.

Comment by moonsip – October 5, 2013 07:45 PM PDT
        • I was thinking the same exact thing during S4-6. “This show isn’t what it used to be.”

Comment by missllah – September 4, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yeah i must agreethe last GOOD season was 3. 4 was uhh ok. But then i am a devoted lover of the books. they r honestly laugh out loud funny. I keep saying if only…. if only they wouldhave stuck to the books more closely. Hell in the book Bill is a computer nerd that gets wealth but desining a web program. oh just talking of it makes me want to read it again. I ccried when bk 13 came out and found out it was the last. anyway not that my opion matters.

Comment by Lori – September 5, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • They said the reason they didn’t follow the books was that everyone would know what was going to happen–and there would be no suspense. And I guess they are right. The thing that bothered me about the books, was there were way too many characters–the same thing that was wrong with Season 5–when they took it out of Bon Temps and introduced all those Authority characters–which I hated! Thank God for Season 6! They finally made it back to Bon Temps and back to the characters that we all loved in the beginning!

Comment by laylasmom – September 25, 2013 12:15 PM PDT
          • TOTALLY agree with you. Books were, ARE brilliant. Show started off with a bang…lost the plot somewhere in the middle…actors are good…but they storyline is a bit iffy for me. Hope the last season goes out with a BOOM!

Comment by Vitasta Raina – December 3, 2013 05:43 AM PDT
        • Sookie and Eric was supposed to be together andhad children by know. The highlight of the series is her and Eric. The have truly messed up the series. They should have stuck to the story line in the books. Eric was tougher in the books than he is on the show. I’m sorry you are right every since she married Bill the show has went downhill. The ratings tell the story. This seires had tha making to really go to raleast a couple more seasons. After looking at their ratings who coould much blame them. Look how many season it took for here and Eric to finally get together. This Sookie hate Eric storyline went on for a very long time. Eric is a fairy himself henever found out he was one.

Comment by Carla Nelson – September 14, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I have loved TB since the first episode! I loves every year, with the exception of season 5, which I found boring. Season 6 came back to Bon Temp and was 100% better that the last one. I do not particularly think that Sookie and Eric are a good couple. I liked the character of Eric in the first 2 seasons when he was a strong powerful vampire–but have since felt his acting has fallen short of the others. It became more of a–Let’s see how many times he can take off his clothes–more than a good story line. Plus, Anna Paquin and Alexander Scaarsgard’s chemistry is zero. I just don’t think they even look good standing beside each other. It has just become the nude Eric show–and not a story. I find she is a better fit with Bill. From the time he was sitting in Merlotte’s, in the first episode, and she turned around and caught him staring at her–I felt their chemistry–and that slod me on the show. No wonder they got married in real life–they belong together!

Comment by laylasmom – September 25, 2013 11:46 AM PDT
          • Did you know that Bill and Sukie have children together they are so cute the chillden.Bill Sukie f you are reading this tell Eric that my mum likes him LOL!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 08:01 AM PDT
          • Eric’s a fairy? Uhh.. Whatever him or Sookie are, I just want them to end up with each other

Comment by Sabrina – January 9, 2014 12:50 PM PDT
          • Anna Paquin and Alexander Skarsgard had some of the best on-screen chemistry I have ever seen in my life. Sookie/Eric was the reason I fell in love with True Blood. True Blood used to be one of my all-time favorite television series. But HBO threw away the Sookie and Eric Story because it didn’t hew to Charlaine Harris’ vision of rape apology, misogyny, domestic violence being a-okay, strong women, mediocrity, hiding/hating what makes you special, sexual slavery being an acceptable ending for a good person, rapists getting constant rewards, retconning, character assassinations, seal sex, etc. One of the most baffling conclusions to a once-promising series I have ever seen. It was such a basic story to get right!

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:25 PM PDT
        • r u joking it’s a great show and it keeps getting better with time…it’s like wine….it gets better with time…and i hope that they keep the seasons coming…i love this show

Comment by tina – October 10, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well don’t be so mean I loved them all hhhhhhhhhaaaàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa to yu

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • YOU DON’T LIKE THE DON’T WATCH IT

Comment by Dennis Ainsworth – November 1, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Man you are a terror critic go suck a d also slit ur wrist you should have been swallowed or aborted

Comment by the8other8dillon – February 2, 2014 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • @the8other8dillion, issues much!

Comment by Bette – February 14, 2014 04:57 PM PDT
        • totally agree…

Comment by nery – February 24, 2014 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He just hit and knocked her up.he wasn’t instantly in love.c’mon give ol silver fox sam some credit. But I has gotten odd since season 5 had nothing to do with the book and Jason was supposed to turn into a were panther

Comment by Roger – March 27, 2014 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hi from germany, lorna. i luv alcide too. i´m so sad, thats tb died. no more hot&sexy alcide…:-( hope we see joe in many others on tv&mvoie!

Comment by mekare – September 5, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Eric Is Dead…just saying

Comment by James Skkye – January 3, 2014 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hunny eric died in this last season

Comment by kAT – January 15, 2014 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • well you never know he may have been saved at the last minute! but at least we finally know what alexander looks like completely naked coz he showed it all!!

Comment by jade – January 16, 2014 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! The series has gone seriously downhill. The first two seasons were thrilling! To say the least. Hopefully they will go out in a befitting way.

Comment by Miss Me – September 3, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so sad! I was hoping for at least 8 seasons, but I know season 7 is going to be an EPIC end to the show.

Comment by Rashad – September 4, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have been in LOVE with this show since season 1!! I believe season 1, 2 and 3 where the best season 4 and 5 where kind of slow but I still watched and couldn’t wait every Sunday for a new episode, season 6 was badass!! Made me fall in love all over again so sad this is the last season! I order HBO in the summer just to watch True Blood. My summer Sundays will never be the same! For the Final season I hope Sookie does stay with Alcide, I believe he is the best for her and maybe she gets pregnant with a fairy werewolf lol My favorite character is def. Lafayette hopefully we get to see alot of him and his crazy self! And get to end the season with another sex scene with Eric! Pam is another favorite! Hopefully it will end bringing us back to how the whole show started with the warm feeling of Bon Temps! Thank you for such an amazing Series! And it would be nice if the last season wasn’t soooo short!! I will be waiting a whole year for this! ;)

Comment by ashley – September 7, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you about how the seasons have gone. They have all been very good, except season 5. I have no ides what Alan Ball was trying to do. It seemed that he was trying his darnedest to kill it. They got so far away from Bon Temps that I hardy recognized the show. I also like Alcide. One fine looking wolf!! But my heart still wants Sookie back with her first love, Bill. I am no longer a Eric fan–they have taken his character of a strong vampire and mand him into a stripper! How many times does he have to undress a show. I find his acting as kinda flat–but don’t get me wrong–I still like him, I just don’t love him. All in all, I am glad they broght the series back to the characters in Bob Temp and I wish HBO would reconsider canceling TB!

Comment by laylasmom – September 25, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So have I loved it from 1 I was only 5when I stared watching them .I am so deverstated:-)

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am 10 now

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Isnt that past your bed time….lol…

Comment by Pierre Aston – November 21, 2013 06:49 PM PDT
    • Have been in LOVE with this show since season 1!! I believe season 1, 2 and 3 where the best season 4 and 5 where kind of slow but I still watched and couldn’t wait every Sunday for a new episode, season 6 was badace!! Made me fall in love all over again so sad this is the last season! I order HBO in the summer just to watch True Blood. My summer Sundays will never be the same! For the Final season I hope Sookie does stay with Alcide, I believe he is the best for her and maybe she gets pregnant with a fairy werewolf lol My favorite character is def. Lafayette hopefully we get to see alot of him and his crazy self! And get to end the season with another sex scene with Eric! Pam is another favorite! Hopefully it will end bringing us back to how the whole show started with the warm feeling of Bon Temps! Thank you for such an amazing Series! And it would be nice if the last season wasn’t soooo short!! I will be waiting a whole year for this! ;)

Comment by ashley – September 7, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Here! Here! even at its worse, True Blood is one of the best!

Comment by Stephanie – September 7, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not normally the grammar police, but it’s “hear, hear.”

Comment by Mel – September 8, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LMAO!!!! You are correct! I twas typing with one finger while eating. *LOL* My bad!

Comment by Stephanie – September 8, 2013 10:56 AM PDT
          • Actually, I didn’t want to sound like a dill hole…it’s a very common mistake. Glad you have a sense of humor about it.

Comment by Mel – September 8, 2013 03:53 PM PDT
          • you are wrong….check the grammar books..depends on sentence usage and which part of the country you hail from

Comment by irene p. pace – February 3, 2014 08:30 AM PDT
        • Agree 100%!

Comment by laylasmom – September 25, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nooooo dont end its such a great show…… fine fine but this season has to have 600 episodes :D….

Comment by brianna – September 17, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Season 6 was a good strong season, so I will be sad when it comes to an end.

Comment by Stephanie – September 17, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it is realy stupid to take true blood off the air.All though Bill Comption was a big part of the show he wasen’t the show .Theres all the other people that made the show what it was and still is..Your taking all the great shows off and replaceing them with shows no one has any interest in.If it’t not broke don’t fix it.Leave it alone .It’s a great show and will continue to be.Showtime HBO all are going to be sorry because people watched there channels just to see these shows.so when the shows are gone so are Showtime and HBO.Dexter and True Blood has true followers that realy love the shows.With out them there is no sence in having there channels.THEY LOOSE MONEY””””””””””””””

Comment by Joyce – October 18, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you, Joyce. I only have HBO to watch True Bloood, which I’ve been watching since the first episode. I think HBO is making a horrible mistake and may lose a lot of customers. I will sooooo miss the show, flaws and all. :)

Comment by Valerie Mauk – October 26, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i am so with you on that i love this show i have all of the dvds and more i thank H B O needs to get were heads out of where buts and put it back on

Comment by tina – February 18, 2014 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE I ONLY GOT HBO JUST FOR TRUE BLOOD SO NOW WHEN THE SEASON ENDS SO WILL MY HBO….so sick of repeats and reruns..so done..uuugghh keep true blood..

Comment by Virginia Andrade – January 9, 2014 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hi Everyone – maybe for all of us that want to see “True Blood” continued, we should gang-up on HBO. The last season has not aired yet, so there may still be time to save it if we all make enough noise!!

Comment by Johnny B. – January 9, 2014 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s a great idea, I agree hob needs to rethink this decision and that it should be the audiences vote whether to cancel it or not depending on the views when clearly the ratings are still very high. Cancelling true blood is uncalled for, do they not realize how many people are going to cancel true blood. I wish they wouldn’t cancel it and 10 episodes is a rip off. How someone could change hbo’s mind on cancelling true blood, I don’t know. Does hob even read our comments on this site or others like it because it doesn’t seem like it, if they did ,season 7 would not have only 10 episodes and it would not be the last season.

Comment by Sabrina – January 9, 2014 12:47 PM PDT
          • HBO probably doesn’t monitor other Blogs, but writing directly to their website may help – you never know; it’s worth a try! :-)

Comment by Johnny B. – January 9, 2014 01:51 PM PDT
    • they need to keep it running that is a very good show

Comment by Dawn Smith – January 3, 2014 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would HBO cancel it’s number one show? Millions of views are huge fans of this show and lot’s of people pay to have HBO, specifically to watch True Blood. All im saying is that HBO is gonna lose THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of views that are not gonna pay for this channel, once True Blood is no more. Well HBO, you did this to yourself LOL!

Comment by Joe – January 8, 2014 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some say they love it, some say the writing has gotten tired and they’re pulling long shots. Well I have some evidence that proves my point: 1. I have never seen them take the easy way out on script writing not even once, (ex. Walking Dead went lazy on Andrea’s exit, who stops to get themselves free, while talking to someone who is turning? It was the laziest writing I have ever seen.) I’ve never seen one instance where True Blood has taken the lazy way out.
      2. They have relevance in their writing: From religion to politics, to dealing with loss and conveying that ordeal and emotion in such true form. To being able to accept one’s self and trucking through the difficulties in life, whether it be dealing with the horrors of war time, or finding out you have a new talent. Layfette coming to terms with being a medium, Sookie finally accepting her fairy lineage, this show really takes you through the progression, (heart, mind and soul) of some really dynamic characters. 3. The relevance of their topics, I will never forget that one line, Layfette says “Nothing good happens when you hear those drums”. You really need to pay attention to every bit of dialogue to really get how deep this show goes. That’s my challenge to those who think this show is played out. Watch it again and don’t miss one word. They’ve always kept relevant with current events, with the way the world is going, this show in my opinion has more material than ever to keep going.

Comment by Roxy – March 2, 2014 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good plan. Seven seasons is a good, solid run. And knowing significantly beforehand that it’ll be the final season allows some good wrap-up storylines.

Comment by courts – September 3, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I love the show, but they can only drag it out so long. One last season to reach some sort of satisfying ending sounds just about right.

Comment by wordsmith – September 3, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel 7 is the lucky number, the season finale hint they could make for a great final chapter and bring closure to the ongoing storylines.

Comment by Guest – September 3, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment by mac – September 3, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You took the words (word, actually) right out of my mouth.

Comment by Castle Lover – September 3, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HA HA HA How can anyone be upset about this? I’m so excited that HBO will do away with this horrible show and maybe add something that is actually good. With shows like Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones I honestly don’t see why anyone likes a bad show like True Blood.

Comment by Chris – September 4, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The great thing about the internet is people can complain about show they hate and don’t even watch. I haven’t been thrilled about particular story lines and character developments on this show, but it is still a show that will always have fans and still pushed the envelope for TV production forever.

If you don’t like it, that’s okay. There is always Howdie Doodie re-runs on TVLand.

Comment by stefystef – September 4, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree the show has made me want to spit nails plenty of times but I still love it and can’t help but to feel people are losing their jobs. The only reason I am upset is because there is still so much story to tell. Charlaine Harris had side stories (The Sookie Stackhouse Companion) to her stories. I don’t see why the show couldn’t adopt that concept and allow Buckner to put his vision to work. I just couldn’t deal with Sookie always always going back to Bill and both their characters making excuses on why something happened. Eric’s and Pam’s character always made me feel that the money paid for HBO to watch the series was well worth it. The rumor is the stars Alexander Skarsgard, Anna Paquin, and Stephen Moyer doesn’t want to do it anymore and as a viewer I can respect that just let us know for sure so we can stop commenting on this.

Comment by aolani08 – September 4, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I tried to get into Boardwalk–but found it dull and it almost put me to sleep. Game is just to juvenile for me–to much like a GameBoy game, and I always feel like I need a bath after watching it. Everything just looks to dirty! I quite frankly do not know how anyone could watch that tripe. I guess to each his own!

Comment by laylasmom – September 25, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Game of Thrones is perhaps the least juvenile show in the history of television.

Comment by pwt3 – December 31, 2013 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ever heard of the word variety?

Comment by irene p. pace – February 3, 2014 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am calling it right now: Sookie will become a vampire in the series finale.

Comment by Taryn – September 3, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll call it too. Characters will be inconsistent. Sookie will be randomly scowly at other characters for no reason. There will be way too many side plots that no one cares about. Shippers won’t shut the hell up no matter who Sookie ends up with. 50/50 chance of another pointless mass orgy. Most of all, none of the characters do what you’d like them to do (be smart, be friends with other characters, make intelligent, informed decisions that aren’t from raging emotional whims, beloved new character dies after three episodes, etc.)

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 3, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TigerNightmare, you are awesome. Loved that post, summed up this poor excuse for a Southern Vampire Mysteries show brilliantly!

Comment by Brian (@TheFifthDoctor) – September 3, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Granted, the Southern Vampire mysteries are a poor excuse for a book series also, so fair dues.

Comment by Will – September 3, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The novels by Charlaine Harris are much better than what Alan Ball has done with the show. Season 6 was a total downer. Sookie was angry all the time. The whole Warlow thing was a disaster. It just didn’t make any sense. I hope the show redeems itself in the last season.

Comment by Anni – December 23, 2013 02:51 PM PDT
      • You got it tiger!

Comment by redjane12 – September 3, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As much as I have loved TB, I agree with everything you said. Sometimes I wish it had been something else.

Comment by Mel – September 3, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • From one of TBs biggest fans from the start, you hit the nail right on the head, TigerNightmare.

Comment by Laura Burnett Gramenz – September 3, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THANK GOD FOR TigerNightmare! Bro I agree with 100% of what you said! The side plots are what killed this show in my opinion, I mean you got Sam’s story, than you got Andy, than you got Tara and blah blah blah those people for the most part were supposed to be comic relief not main focal points of the show. I have never been so happy to hear a show is getting canceled. Anyone that still likes this crap has horrible taste. Oh and I LOVED True Blood for the first 2 or 3 seasons and even enjoyed parts of the 4th but after that YUCK!

Comment by Chris – September 4, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sookie should be Warlow bright they were great team I do not understand why they kill Warlow

Comment by maggie – September 7, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She would cos he drained her fairy buffs .ddddddooooooiiiiiiddddddddeeeeeee

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol! She missed her chance with Warlow.

Comment by missllah – September 3, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If she does turn into a vamp I am blaming you lol

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Tiger Nightmare and Chris.

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has been bad for a long while but it’s still bitersweet. Better do it while there is still an audience.

Comment by malikb – September 3, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup the show has declined big time! But it is bittersweet. I loved some of the characters. Jason, Pam, Franklin and Lafayette! The most unique characters ever.

Comment by missllah – September 3, 2013 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy and of course a little saddened by this but for someone who started watching as a fan of the books they’ve taken this concept so far off course that I won’t be sad to see it go. However I love the characters so I’ll be sad to see em go! Here’s to more full frontal males in season 7 lol!

Comment by Lovenr – September 3, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! I’m a big fan of the books too and the tv show is so far off! I get that you can and should see some differences, the books being only from Sookie’s perspective but still, since the past 2-3 seasons, the storyline aren’t even remotely related to what happens in the books.

Comment by Marie – September 3, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a fan of the books as well as the show I was disappointed and excited to see some of the characters take different paths than the ones Charlaime Harris had written for them but feel as if the writers had cut themselves short for plot lines and character development. I enjoyed every episode in these past 6 seasons and will be sad when it ends and hope that they give proper closure to the series not just ending another good vs evil triumph like they did with every season

Comment by just liss – September 3, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering Charlaine Harris totally destroyed what was once a great book series in her last few novels, I’m glad the tv show has moved so far away from Harris’ version. Pretty much any ending at all the HBO show could throw at us would be better than the “I obviously don’t give a @#*$ anymore” ending Charlaine Harris dumped on her fans. If the tv show repeated Harris’ ending, it would be one of the most hated finales in the history of television. I’d rather see “True Blood” end like “The Sopranos” with Sookie, Bill, Eric, and Pam sitting at a table in Merlottes and the screen suddenly blacks out midway through their conversation than have the show come anywhere near how Harris ended things in the books.

Comment by Geo – September 3, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How did the books end?

Comment by Kaylee – September 3, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love Love Love True Blood – both the show and the books. I absolutely hated the ending of the books! I certainly hope they don’t end the show the same way. I think Sookie will end up with Bill now that he is himself once again. Of course, I’m team Eric and would love to see them walk off into the moonrise together… So sad True Blood is ending; it’s the best show ever – even though I was not too thrilled with Season 5… Well, I guess HBO will have to step up to the plate to find another show as of us Truebies can sink our fangs into…!

Comment by Mary Lou – September 4, 2013 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hopefully they have something in mind and since Eric and Pam are off doing their own story line a spin off with the Northman is a good idea if any.

Comment by aolani08 – September 4, 2013 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never read the books but I fail to see how HBO could possible do better at ending this story considering it has been a horrible show for several years now I have very little faith that it will somehow get better next season with Zombie Vampires. This show should have been canceled after season 4 or 5.

Comment by Chris – September 4, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your comment makes a lot of sense… unless you had read the books. Hard to believe, I know, but the way Harris ended the series was a slap in the face and a kick in the arse to fans who had invested THIRTEEN years. It’s not even about who Sookie ‘ended up’ with – its the lack of anything even approaching decent writing, plot development, etc. Shame on Ms. Harris. Sure, they are “her” characters…. but the last few books did nothing but follow a downward spiral into a giant middle finger to her readers. Her choice of course…. and I choose to stop buying them or anything else she writes…. ever.

Comment by linds – September 4, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I personally believe this downward spiral in writing the books was because she started reconciling her characters with the TV show versions, so we ended up with HBO True Blood in the last few books instead of the quirky, imaginative writing she had done before.

Comment by Anni – December 23, 2013 02:55 PM PDT
  • Awwww with last seaskn going so well I wanted 2 more.

Comment by danielle h – September 3, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show and watch it every week, but after last season I do think this is the right call. Buckner too this thing way too far off in left field to even try to loosely use the books plots like Balls done in seasons past. Let’s see an action packed season that brings everything to a nice close and nod to us fans please!

Comment by Tim Corcoran – September 3, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brian Buckner and his crappy writers are to blame. He’s such a disappointment.

Comment by WTactualF – September 3, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t blame Brian Buckner – Alan Ball left him the 5th season mess that he had to deal with.

Comment by SAM – September 3, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Alan Ball has a short attention span (Six Feet Under is a perfect example), so Buckner was left with a mess and tried to fix it.

Comment by stefystef – September 3, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • S6 had so much potential and it wasnt until Buckner took over that it went so far into left field. Buckner retconned 5 previous seasons of plot buildup and characterizations. Most agree that the finale was crap, so yeah, I blame him.

Comment by WTactualF – September 3, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I stopped watching in the middle of S5, which was just a hot boring mess. S6 was flawed but that is because it was stuck with the stupid Billeth storyline. IMHO the finale positioned itself well for interesting story lines in S7.

Comment by SAM – September 3, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wait you think Zombie Vampires is an interesting story for season 7? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG this show is just plain BAD!

Comment by Chris – September 4, 2013 01:18 PM PDT
          • Keep going Chris… refresh, post your hate for the show, refresh, post your hate for the show, refresh, etc

Comment by Steven – September 4, 2013 07:05 PM PDT
          • I’m hoping Pam and Eric off on their own story line will eat us a spin off

Comment by aolani08 – September 4, 2013 07:12 PM PDT
      • Exactly. Season 5 was the worst, and they only had 10 episodes to clean it up. Granted, we could’ve done with less Sam, and Alcide’s pointless werewolf storyline could have ended much sooner. I thought they did a great job wrapping up Andy’s fairy children story, though. And the Warlow thing was a mess. That one I’ll put on the new showrunner, because that character and Sookie’s behavior made no sense whatsoever. Anna Camp’s return was the best thing in years. And I think it’s obvious Sookie will end up back with Bill.

Comment by Mikael – September 5, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOVED Sarah Newlin’s return. You are right, it was the best thing about the season.

Comment by stefystef – September 5, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was so glad that Season 6 went back to the characters that we loved in the first few seasons. Season 5 was like watching another show. All the Authority stuff was crap! Anna Camp and Michael McMillian were brilliant! I DO NOT want True Blood to end–but if it has too–I hope Sookie and her first love, Bill are together!

Comment by laylasmom – September 25, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just as well – vampires are not supposed to look like they are getting older. :-)

Comment by SAM – September 3, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted more :(. I need Pam in my life

Comment by janie – September 3, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! Pam and Lafayette for me.

Comment by Amy – September 3, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What about a Thelma-and-Louise spinoff off those two, Amy?

Comment by Robb – September 3, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The could use more Northmans on that town: Lafayette would be a great addition to the family

Comment by Adalind – September 3, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow I think they used every descriptor possible haha. Fantastic amazing incredible magnificent brilliant unforgettable. Someone bought HBO a thesaurus!

Comment by Clamke – September 3, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO figure…. They get a new writer and the show ends… They shoulda kept Alan!!!!

Comment by Abby – September 3, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alan quit. He said he ran out of ideas.

Comment by alistaircrane – September 3, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All I can think of is seeing the main actors not really wanting to continue either. Skarsgard has gone far in big budget movies and is probably happy to move on. I agree with one thing though…IF they pair Sookie up with Dam like the CRAPPY book Harris shoved down the throats of Sookie/Eric fans, I fully expect HBO studios to burn down in protest. The series should smack Harris in the face and end completely OPPOSITE of Harris’s crappy book and give Sookie and Eric their happy ending. Gawd, Sam is having a baby with someone already…..He has said hes in love with her. Dont destroy that pleasr. The fans got screwed by the last book; please dont do it to the series. PLEASE!!!

Comment by riverwindindiepub – September 3, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ooops..meant SAM, not Dam….lol

Comment by riverwindindiepub – September 3, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You silly cow

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 08:14 AM PDT
          • Is calling someone a “silly cow” really necessary? Shame on you…..you need to stop that.

Comment by Valerie – October 26, 2013 07:11 AM PDT
        • The Sam ending was totally predictable, since way back in the very beginning. Before Bill, Eric, Alcide, etc. the whole story started out with tension and uncertainty between Sam/Sookie. When it faded, yet still lingered subtley in the background, ever so often briefly reminding you of it, in a fleeting awkward moment…it was obvious the story would eventually come full circle.

Harris didn’t stop giving a sh*t, she planned it that way from the start.

It’s neither here nor there, really. If she went with Eric, the Alcide camp would be crapping a brick. People have an unfortunate tendency to hunt for negetives to obssess over and throw tantrums about. Sit back and enjoy the show/book or read/watch a different one. Artists and authors want to get fans riled up, its what keeps people interested. But if your arrogant and self-centered enough to really think Harris intentionally set out to personally crap on your prescious fantasy birthday cake, well you just need to go on and get over yourself all ready. Write your own story if you want all your way.

Comment by slapusilly – September 3, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It shows and in my opinion this Allen dude is smart cause I should have quite years ago myself.

Comment by Chris – September 4, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I should have trusted my first instinct and quit after season 4. I stuck around because of Alexander Skarsgard. My bad.

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i guess nothing last forever huh…..im happy and sad at them same time i guess you could say i have mixed feeling about the whole thing

Comment by Tammy Camacho – September 3, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think it’s a good idea to end it on season 7, on a high note. Though the show will be missed by we fans, it’ll be nice to see it end on a high note (in terms of quality. Who knows what deaths and madness season 7 will bring – love it!)

Comment by Abutterfly – September 3, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good decision. This last season was …. meh. I hope the gang from Bon Temps goes out with a bang ;)

Comment by Kitty – September 3, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy. The show has been dying since season 4. I didn’t expect them to follow the books but maybe if they had followed them a little more closely the show would have done a lot better. At least the books were interesting.

Comment by Jennifer Arlene Johnson – September 3, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    Sad but it’s definitely time to end. Absolutely the right decision. 7 seasons is a great run.

Comment by nguber – September 3, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no issue with the show bowing out at season 7. I enjoyed season 6 more than the last couple, as it found some of its camp again but the end of the Warlow storyline was a weak “deus ex machina” and an otherwise solid season ended with a whimper. Season 7′s time jump looks interesting, so I hope it can close strong.

Comment by Chris Braun – September 3, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am disappointed. But i figured that Season 7 would be the end. Anna wasn’t going to re-sign, nor the main players (Stephen and Alex). The show had a great run and like so many HBO shows, they end at a time which is good for the show and its fans.

I wish they would leave on 12 eps instead of 10.

Comment by stefystef – September 3, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same. I figured Season 7 was going to be the last but I am still sad!! Alexander Skarsgard seems to get a lot of offers & he works steadily during the break of TB filming. And, for me, if he was planning on leaving then the show is done for me. Plus, Anna & Stephen probably feel the same and want to move on. The show definitely had a good run & was one of my summer favorites.

Comment by Eliza – September 3, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I might hyperventilate. I do not like this at all.

Comment by Nicole Marie M – September 3, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I’m going to cry. I don’t know what summer will be like without TB, i love it and always will. So so so upset it is going to be over. Just really sad i won’t be seeing Bill and Eric every Sunday

Comment by sam – September 3, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you both need your TV/Movie taste buds checked cause this show stinks and has stunk for years now and for the life of me I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t be excited to see it finally end 4 years too late.

Comment by Chris – September 4, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • if it stinks so bad why have you continued to watch?

Comment by irene p. pace – February 3, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bheell and Sookeh forevah!

Comment by Carolyn Gregg – September 3, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh, no! Bill is the worst character on that show!

Comment by jen – September 4, 2013 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jen I agree with you his character was a vampire but the writers gave him one personality sulk, sulk, and more sulk. He always looked like he was sucking on lemons. I watch Stephen Moyers in other roles and he appears to be so relaxed. I don’t think he was cut out to be a vampire.

Comment by aolani08 – September 4, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, totally agree – Bill and Sookie!!!

Comment by Jess – September 4, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jess how could you?named after Jessica idiottttttttttt

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Stepford Sookie and Seal Sex Sam forevah!

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let us bow down and give thanks to the television gods that allowed this act of mercy to happen. Let us praise them for taking this utter abomination, this blight on HBO’s otherwise sterling track record, this embarrassment of a television show and sending it to oblivion where it belongs. Let us pray that this awful, despicable, horrifying, disgusting waste of time and space be forever stricken from our memories once it’s gone, never to return. And let us hope that those who enjoyed it and contributed to its unfathomable success suffer great consequences for their unforgivable sins.

Okay, so maybe that last one is going a bit too far. But the other ones hold true.

Comment by Superhero – September 3, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but Entourage already ended…

Comment by Pam – September 3, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah!! now we have more time to watch duck dynasty and honey booboo!

Hooker Please! give it up already!

Comment by slapusilly – September 3, 2013 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish someone would glamour True Blood out of my brain.

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fine with me. Last season sucked ballz and the finale was utterly ridiculous even by TB standards.

Comment by Melissa A. White – September 3, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just happy I’ll get to see Joe Mangianello live and in a sweaty wife beater when he stars in “A Streetcar Namef Desire” at Yale Rep this fall! STELLA!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Queerbec – September 3, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they do some sort of two hour Series finale

Comment by Stacey – September 3, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it was he only show i watch one hour per week. dedicated true blood fan loved all of them all except russell. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo can’t cancel

Comment by cindy – September 3, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m heartbroken:( I was hoping to see at least a full season of Eric and Sookie reuniting, Bill and Sookie making peace, Pam and Tara learning bit to be so angry, Jessica and Jason get married…. I could go on and on, but there is no reason for me to believe that I should dream of happy endings, ex: Game of Thrones, the Starks all being slaughtered:( I don’t have high hopes:(

Comment by Caroline – September 3, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree with you! I wanted the same to happen. But with these HBO shows, they throw you for a loop

Comment by sam – September 3, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a fan of the show, but I would give them 2-3 more episodes just to make sure everything is wrapped up nicely.

Comment by David4 – September 3, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They already waste so much time on side stories. If they don’t make the most of the regular episode order, it’s their own fault.

Comment by TigerNightmare – September 3, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get a movie???

Comment by Heidi abna – September 3, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sookie needs to be turned. that would definately help to end the series with a bang!!!!

Comment by B – September 3, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is dumb… Such a fun world to occupy, why not end these characters and start afresh. Shows like this end bc they pay actors increasingly more money as they should … But don’t kill it just find a new storyline within the world

Comment by Trenton – September 3, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also happy and sad. I love the show but the past two seasons were not that good and they already said there’s no Sookie and Eric so I’m happy they are ending it. Just like gossip girl at the end it was so bad but I couldn’t stop watching it.

Comment by Pati – September 3, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!! It’s very sad!!!! i’ll really miss the serie and all characters… :(

Comment by Frida Josana – September 3, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they could make a True Blood movie afterwards. I have no problems seeing Mr. Northman’s heavenly butt on the big screen

Comment by Jennifer Bleemel – September 3, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Skarsgards toned butt is nice to look at but his front is quite underwhelming:-(

Comment by Yanez – September 3, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So Skarsgaard is “average” in that dept…so what? You loved him till you saw his normal-sized willy…pretty shallow.

Comment by Kevan – September 4, 2013 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t know how you guys saw that. I didn’t see anything… Not even a flash.

Comment by missllah – September 4, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I heard that Skarsgard’s “front” was digitally altered to look MUCH smaller than it actually is. His Generation Kill costar James Ransone said in the DVD commentary that Skarsgard’s “size” is impressive. If you’re interested, Skarsgard goes “full frontal” in a shower scene in the film Om Sara.

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:38 PM PDT
  • I have read all 13 books and have watched TB from the very beginning. So it ended in the 7th season is sad. I’m hoping they will put the Were Tiger in there and then have what happens in book 13 be the series finale. It’s gotten so convoluted that it doesn’t really follow the book or stick to the idea of the show. The only one that did was season 1. Well all good things must come to an end. Farewell to HBO, after TB ends for good I won’t be ordering you through my cable service any longer.

Comment by Nicole (@EveLDarQueOne) – September 3, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is bull. Why is it that the shows that has multiple millions of veiwers gets axed yet shows like the simpsons and/or idk the golden girls can get a bazillion episodes. I read this entire series and enjoy seeing things in a different light. It sickens me and with all the money Charlaine Harris has made of us fans she should be either trying to buy the rights from HBO or selling her series elsewhere. We are the reason they are all where they are today. I will NEVER watch another HBO show includong Game of Thrones if this is not ammended real fast. U fudged up the Sopranos and now u do this. Not even gonna waste my time with a last season subsciption. Booooooooooooo

Comment by matt – September 3, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Golden Girls? Really? You are going after The Golden Girls?

The Golden Girls has 173 episodes, when people think of the show they can’t really remember any one episode, they all are a blur. Also it’s a great show.

Look at Breaking Bad and Six Feet Under, two of the best shows ever to be on TV, both have right around 60 episodes total.

Episode totals don’t mean anything if you run out of ideas and have no clue where the show is going. Now they have several months to plan 10 awesome episodes to end the show on a high note not seen since season 1.

Comment by David4 – September 3, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Obviously David4 u havent read the books. There is sooooooooo much more they could do with the series. When are the were’s gonna come out? That is so much for one last season because ,as we have seen, how well the vampires coming out has caused so much havok. There are enough supernaturals in this show that we have so little of a foretelling about. No way in heck they are gonna be able to sum it up in one season.

Comment by matt – September 3, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You cant really compare an animated show to this. I know people are passionate about shows but you have to think about this a little more. The actors were contracted through season 7- more than likely a few of them wouldn’t want to sign on for more seasons, which HBO is more than aware of. These actors shouldn’t feel obligated to stay with one show forever. They want to move on to other things. 7 seasons is a pretty good run for a show. Bringing the books into this and/or Charlaine Harris also doesn’t matter. The show hasn’t followed the books for quite some time so the plotlines you’re speaking of wont be an issue in ending the show.

Comment by Fran – September 3, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s time. While I enjoyed season 6, the show has run its course.

Comment by Ben – September 3, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am really sad that true blood is ending, i love that show!! I definently give a thumbs up to stephen and anna for keeping their love alive and getting married and having a family. They are so great together and are wonderful actors. If the director and writers want to go with a bang for the end of true blood. They need to have sookie changed into a vampire, and have her and bill reunite for once and for all. Iy started with the two of them it should end with the two of them. They made true blood alive from the beginning, and their romance goes alot deeper than her other flings on the show!!! love you all!!!! definently a true blood fan from the beginning!!!!

Comment by morleywife – September 3, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is bull. Why is it that the shows that have multiple millions of veiwers gets axed yet shows like the simpsons and/or idk the golden girls can get a bazillion episodes. I read this entire series and enjoy seeing things in a different light. It sickens me and with all the money Charlaine Harris has made of us fans she should be either trying to buy the rights from HBO or selling her series elsewhere. We are the reason they are all where they are today. I will NEVER watch another HBO show includong Game of Thrones if this is not ammended real fast. U fudged up the Sopranos and now u do this. Not even gonna waste my time with a last season subsciption. Booooooooooooo

Comment by matt – September 3, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One posting is enough to get your point across.

Comment by Jane – September 3, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well it is about time. I absolutely loved the first 3 seasons. Seasons 4 and five were bitter boring disappointments. Really sick of the Anna Paquin scowl and bad acting. Love Eric, Bill, Pam & Jessica. Hoyt leaving was a shame. Alcide is just boring.
    Anyway, Season 6 was a far cry better than the previous two. One last season will be enough. I just hope they tie all loose ends off and not leave you hanging like most seem to do.

Comment by Tina – September 3, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s sad to see it go but I get why they are ending it. They are starting to be weak plot points and stuff. The only thing that I really want and I think they need for it to be a really good finale is for them to have more then 10 episodes. There’s no way they can finish everything and leave fans satisfied with just 10 episodes.

Comment by Nicole – September 3, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew True Blood would end after seven seasons and I can’t wait on how the series is going to end for its final ten episodes. Who’s laughing now? :-)

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – September 3, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shut your face. Now, im laughing.

Comment by matt – September 3, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t go all Jack Bauer on me, Matt. With Dexter and Breaking Bad nearing the end, True Blood is one of HBO’s most groundbreaking hits like The Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, Game of Thrones, The Newsroom and a few others. Don’t get all confused and stop acting like a hypocrite.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – September 3, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Stopped watching after disappointing season 4. Now I prefer good quality fan fiction, and by the way I would not compare TB to Dexter or Breaking Bad because those shows are consistent for one. TB has so many loose ends and holes in the plot it is ridiculous. Anyways, I don’t want to gloat nor do I want to rain on anyone’s parade;; look, TB, just like any other show, will end regardless of fans’ outcries. I only hope HBO will launch another – better – project instead.

Comment by AlphaEN – September 8, 2013 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I can’t speak about Breaking Bad because I never watched it, but Dexter lost its way around Season 6, but got back to it in Season 8. And Dexter didn’t follow the books, but was still well written. That’s the key. Keep your stories strong and logical. Then you keep your fans.

Comment by Stephanie – September 8, 2013 05:46 AM PDT
  • I’d rather watch a show that ends while I still care, than for it to fade away without notice. This is a good way to go, I’m looking forward to the last season.

Comment by Guest – September 3, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buckner thanked the fans? What a hypocrite!! Two weeks ago he was bashing the fans and insulting our intelligence. I think it’s sad because there’s so much material in the books to tell stories for multiple seasons to come and they drove it right into the ground with seasons 5 and 6.

Comment by Rez – September 3, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, Buckner is a jerk. And that’s without me criticizing his work on the show.

Comment by Faster – September 4, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True Blood has been the best show on TV since it started. However, they totally diverged from the books sometime ago.
    I love Pam, Jessica, Eric and Sookie.
    Sookie must succumb in the end.

Comment by David Ferry – September 3, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about Tara,Pam Jessica,Eric,cookie an bill.:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Comment by chloe – October 15, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s hoping they find a transition to end the television series similarly to the end of the books. I’m afraid they won’t because it will anger people… but, let’s face it, there’s only one logical choice for Sookie. And I say this HATING the story lines they gave Sookie’s endgame on the show.

Comment by Lily – September 3, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lily-you will definitely get your wish. And, no, it’s NOT the logical choice, but it will happen anyway. “Controversy,” HBO. Enjoy! :)

Comment by s&eatotl – February 22, 2014 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only 10 episodes – I wish is was at least the usual amount….it is already hard to say good bye.

Comment by Paula – September 3, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How to make True Blood go out with a bang….er, bite? Quinn, the weretiger!

Comment by Christin – September 6, 2013 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buckner sucks! If season 6 is any indication, season 7 will be just as bad. Ball needs to come back and write it.

Comment by Kelly K – September 3, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m kind of conflicted on that though since Ball gave us season 5…

Comment by Jane – September 3, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post