Fall TV Preview

Hot Promo: Once Upon a Time's Emma Is Ready for a Fight — With Regina?

Apparently if you wish upon a star enough, you will get actual footage from Once Upon a Time Season 3.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Once Upon a Time, Revenge and 43 Other Returning Faves

In case you missed it over the holiday weekend, ABC let loose with this new promo trumpeting the big splash Once made at this summer’s Comic-Con event, sprinkling in some glimpses of the new season for good measure.

Among the sneak peeks, you’ll spy Emma working on her fitness as she, Hook and the others sail to Neverland. You’ll also get a taste for an expected butting of heads, as Emma and Regina seemingly clash over how best to track down their son.

“There will certainly be hurdles to be cleared in order for them to rescue Henry — if they do in fact manage to rescue Henry,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz told TVLine of the team’s “too many leaders” conundrum. “We’ll see different alliances forming, and we’ll see splits occurring.”

RELATED | Get Details on the ‘Non-Stop’ Schedules for Once Upon a Time and Other ABC Shows

Press PLAY for your first real look at Once’s junior year, and as always email insideline@tvline.com if you covet more scoop via my weekly Inside Line column.

Loading video...

Comments (79)

• Actually I think she’s saying that to someone other than Regina. The Regina scene comes from The Queen is Dead when she’s looking for Rumple’s dagger with Cora.

Comment by Mary – September 3, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmm, noted. I’ve added conditional language.

UPDATE: I have since confirmed that Regina is in fact among a group that Emma is addressing there.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 3, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good catch. And I was thinking, “why would she smile like that” because she loves Henry just as much as Emma.

Comment by Candace – September 3, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She does, but she always goes at things in the wrong ways, her methods aren’t exactly the best…

Comment by Paul – September 3, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol Emma is getting more and more pahetic

Comment by Erin – September 3, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *pathetic XD

Comment by Erin – September 3, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When has Emma ever been pathetic?

Comment by A – September 3, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Always. I liked her in the pilot but after that she is just fast forward material

Comment by Erin – September 3, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Suck for you, she’s the lead after all, and loved by pretty much everybody.

Comment by lol – September 3, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOL Uhm, no! Speak for yourself! I f***ing hate the self-righteousness little witch!

Comment by anna – September 4, 2013 01:36 AM PDT
          • *self-righteous

Comment by anna – September 4, 2013 01:44 AM PDT
          • Speak for yourself – Emma may be the ‘lead’ but that does not mean she’s loved by everyone. She only becomes a mother when its convenient for her to do so. Its also ‘convenient’ that she has a majority of the male cast / guest starring cast as prospective love interests fawning over her. The world does not revolve around you Emma -there are other more worthwhile characters to watch on the series than her.

Comment by Erika – September 13, 2013 10:06 AM PDT
    • Pathetic, really? Are you crazy? She’s the best character

Comment by Rit – September 3, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s my favorite character too!

Comment by Lauren – September 3, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Girl you can’t even type…

Comment by Sarah89 – September 3, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you serious? Emma has always been a badass!

Comment by Lysh – September 3, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you trying to rile up Regina stans?

Comment by A – September 3, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Regina stans already would know that it’s season 2 footage.

Comment by courts – September 3, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 100% sure that Regina’s “response” is from 2×14 The Queen is Dead. Emma’s also looks like it’s from early season 2 in the Enchanted Forest.

Comment by courts – September 3, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ack, meant 2×15

Comment by courts – September 3, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the bad@#& Emma footage! JMO has some serious biceps. Thanks for the promo Matt, you’re the best.

Comment by AL – September 3, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, this woman’s arms KILL me, so yummy.

Comment by Larax – September 3, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her biceps /drools

Comment by Paul – September 3, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emma Swan!!! Go JMo

Emma is fierce – all she wants is to find Henry and sometimes there will be clashes with Regina its natural

Love Emma as a badass woman but also that tender woman who only shows up sometimes – i want to see both this season.

Captain Swan <3
    Hopefully these two will be bonding, talking, and letting down their walls abit – they do have the connection and understanding of each other

Comment by L3nn13 – September 3, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t want to see a CS romance…but I’d like to see Hook/Emma platonic scenes.

Comment by P – September 3, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Romance is the angle for them – pretty much been from the start esp when you have couple which has ‘something is between them’ thing going on.

And ppl, media, actors, panels talking about it and asking about it!!!

Comment by JR1 – September 3, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I must be completely dense as I see absolutely no romantic chemistry between Hook and Emma at all. I see a sleazy guy laying sleazy pick-up lines on Emma while she rolls her eyes at how obviously sleazy he is.

Comment by Joey – September 3, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s how I feel about Neal and Emma. By default, I’m voting for Hook.

Comment by kath – September 6, 2013 06:07 PM PDT
      • I personally find a potential CS romance way more believable that an Emma/Neal one. That whole “I love you” exchange between Emma and Neal at the end of last season, felt out of the blue and just in the moment. It didn’t really feel genuine. The connection between them I see as just being more of parents to their son and possibly friends. If they don’t go for a CS romance, I too would definitely like to see some platonic scenes.

Comment by abz – September 3, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Am I the only one who don’t see any potential in both Emma/Hook and Emma/Neal? Yes CS have chemistry, yes SF had a past together, but right now I wouldn’t find any romance between them believable. At best a hook up, perhaps with Hook. I think Emma should and would focus more on Henry.

Comment by Sarah89 – September 3, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think we all need to just remember that all of these potential pairings or non-pairings are still part of a developing story. We will see where they decide to take her love life. I do think that they will primarily focus on saving Henry which they should, but being together with Hook on this mission, we may see them possibly DEVELOP a romance or maybe even just further establishing a connection that will be explored more after they find Henry.

Comment by abz – September 3, 2013 02:53 PM PDT
          • You’re not. I still hope this show has someone better in store for Emma because she deserves so much better. I also find both stories contrieved. The Neal/Emma ILYs in 2.21 were a real “what the hell” moment and I think there is too much water under the bridge after everything that happened, but tv shows rarely accept that and let the characters move on. And about 90% of what I see of “Captain Swan” is, with all due respect to their fans, fanwanking. I don’t ship Emma and Regina, but even they have more real story, interaction and growth and development between them than Hook and Emma.

Comment by Louise – September 4, 2013 02:48 AM PDT
        • I agree on the forced part about Emma/Neal ‘I love you’. Even Jennifer said that Emma must have said ‘ILY’ to Neal because she was watching him let go, and she felt emotional and desperate. I doubt she’s still in love with him, it was more of a spur of the moment declaration.

Comment by Paul – September 3, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I really hope you’re right, because after what Neal did to her (putting her in jail for his crime, not caring to see that she was okay after, and then moving on to a new relationship and not even apologizing for his behaviour), I never want to see Emma give him the romantic time of day again.

Comment by kath – September 6, 2013 06:09 PM PDT
  • So excited for Neverland! Bring on more Hook, please……and a lot less Charming!

Comment by abz – September 3, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nooo, Charming is awesome, why less of him?

Comment by P – September 3, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol to me Charming is THE worst, most boring character on the show. I just tolerate him. He is so lame and boring and a goody two shoes. I hate when he tries to act like a tough guy because it’s not believable at all and such a huge fail. “I will always find you” or whatever that saying was makes me wanna gag everytime I hear it. Plus, I don’t know I guess part of me also doesn’t like the acting. I think I preferred him more when he was David and he didn’t have his memory.

Comment by abz – September 3, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hear this goody two shoes argument a lot in regards to The Charmings and frankly I don’t get it. Being a decent human being is dull and makes you a goody two shoes?

Comment by Ash – September 3, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Of course in real life I wouldn’t be saying anything against being a good two shoes, however this is a fantasy show. I just find him lame and not believable when trying to act like a tough guy. A perfect example of an eye-roll worthy moment of Charming was near end of last season when he suggested to Snow about giving Regina an ultimatum of coming back to FTL and living the rest of her life in Rumple’s cell. When I watched that scene, I could barely look at him because he sound like such an idiot for even suggesting it.

Comment by abz – September 3, 2013 03:07 PM PDT
          • They’re not really decent human beings. But they are dull.

Comment by courts – September 4, 2013 10:37 AM PDT
    • Aww Charming is lovely lol how can you not like a man who fights and protects – Hook is a fighter but yes more Hook – actually Hook & Charming bromance i want!!! and Hook & Emma romance!!! <3

Comment by JoRo – September 3, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LESS? We hardly got any of him as it was last season.

Comment by A – September 3, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s just my opinion. He is my least favorite character and less of him is amazing in my book as there are way better and more interesting characters for them to explore further.

Comment by abz – September 3, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right? I think that poster was watching a different show than I was last season. We barely got any development for Emma, Charming, or Snow (unless you count her suddenly turning into Regina’s biggest cheerleader). If anything, we should have less Regina and Rumpel this year.

Comment by Jen – September 3, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Charming was the lead in a ton of stories in the first half of the season in order to try to make him the ‘hero’. But it doesn’t work because there is nothing in him to develop. He’s a one note character and his note has been played a lot.

Comment by courts – September 4, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A lot less Charming? That would mean no Charming at all since he doesn’t have a lot of material on the show to begin with. But I certainly prefer him over same of the other male characters on the show even if he can be a bit self-righteous and pompous at times. But he’s Emma’s dad and deserves some real bonding time with her and his sword fighting skills will be needed in Neverland.

Comment by Louise – September 4, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • His self-righteous attitude and pompousness are one of the many reasons I dislike him. For me, it’s the opposite. I prefer other male characters like Rumple or Hook or even August over him. Anyways, I put up with him for the sake of the overall story, but having him in less capacity on the show is fine with me.

Comment by abz – September 4, 2013 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matty :)

Go Emma and find your son… i am sure the strength in you will be fierce.
    Also sometimes Regina’s methods or something she says is why ppl react to her on the show esp Emma reacts when pushed when Regina does something or says something thats when Emma says He’s my son etc – its natural

Emma-Hook interaction and build up is always welcome :)

Comment by LS1 – September 3, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just give me Snowing, Rumbelle and Captain Swan!!!

We need to find someone for Regina!

Comment by JR1 – September 3, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think Regibna hook up with the NEW Robin Hood, as rumors are told.
      lets say, RegalHood

Comment by Nicolye Tannin – September 3, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Emma being fierce and kickass and all about fighting but need to also see her let go and be vulnerable sometimes
    I love the idea of legends coming together for one cause to find Henry
    I want to see more of Hook and his backstory
    I love Emma-Hook element, i love Charming-Snow – two couples i saw in the clip
    I like Regina and want her to have someone she can relate and connect to and see more of her, i think i want to see Snow and Regina scenes in talking of their huge past.
    Rumpel being worried about Neverland and Pan, coz even he is worried of what Pan is like

#SAVEHENRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Leny1 – September 3, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Save Henry! I want to see Emma being all fierce mama, my feels!

Comment by YES – September 3, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There will certainly be hurdles to be cleared in order for them to rescue Henry — if they do in fact manage to rescue Henry,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz told TVLine of the team’s “too many leaders” conundrum. “We’ll see different alliances forming, and we’ll see splits occurring.”

I don’t like them saying IF they do in fact manage to rescue Henry, they better. He is way too important to all the stories to get rid of.

I’m assuming the splits occuring will be related to going after Henry and not relationship(Snow and Charming)wise. I’m afraid but interested in seeing what the alliances are going to be that are formed.

Comment by Sarah – September 3, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma is so annoying. You only became Henry’s mom after 10 years of his life Regina.raised him and now u think he’s only your son we’ll guess what NO!!

Comment by idalhi aguirre – September 3, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you being dense on purpose? Both are their moms, just like Henry say. He loves her, she loves him, it’s that simple.

Comment by Dan – September 3, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hey, i totally agree with idalhi! i don’t like emma either! she gets on my nerves now ‘cuz all of a sudden SHE’S the “rightful” mother of henry when she had freakin’ abandoned him, left him for adoption/an orphan and so he was raised & taken care of by regina the “evil queen” (stop labeling her, you ungrateful spoiled little brat!) and that’s just not fair to regina ‘cuz after all that love & effort and now she has to deal/put up with this crap??! not cool! by the way, i can’t watch the video! :/ ‘File could not be played.’

Comment by evil regals fan – September 3, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • THIS!

Comment by anna – September 4, 2013 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • As a fellow Evil regal fan, people like you give you a bad name. Just stop, at least with the name calling and rude tones. wow.

Comment by No.. – September 4, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Regina tried to convince Henry that he was crazy when he started figuring out what she had done. She also left him alone at home, lying about a meeting so she could go to a boot call. Then she tried to feed Emma a poisoned apple. Most lately, she was willing to kill the entire village so she could have Henry all to herself. All along, she put herself first above Henry’s needs. She’s pretty much given up the right to be Henry’s mother by her own actions.

Comment by kath – September 6, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I can see everything clearly the sound is like someone playing a record backwards on slow motion.lol. Let me see if I can find it elsewhere.

Comment by tp – September 3, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had that problem once. It turned out my headphones were broken

Comment by abcde – September 4, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems Hook is investing in a family business lol… 1st Milah, 2nd Emma, who’s next? Henry’s future wife?
    Apparent media are promoting enough, this womanizer redeemed to a hero.
    Congrats Captain Swans fans…Your ship is amazing, and like you said yor ship is bigger and it will encompass many ratings. Caution do not sink..

Comment by pasle (@paslefairy) – September 3, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You saw how quickly Emma thought Neal was dead. She knows that there are other worlds, and many with magic, Emma could at least have HOPE that Neal was alive. For a normal person, Hope is the last thing to die. I just think someone died, when I see the dead body…But ‘hope’ is a word that Emma unknown, since the sexual innuendos Hook began to affect her. She quickly finds that one is dead, to leap into the arms of another …UGH soap opera…The most bizarre is Adam & Eddy say that the show talks about HOPE … lol … where is Emma’s HOPE?

Comment by pasle (@paslefairy) – September 3, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The season hasn’t even started yet. Stop speculating about Emma and Hook before we see what happens. You’re not writing the show. Plus if you don’t get why she has trouble with hope then you don’t get the character and have no compassion for what has happened to her. Quit complaining because you’re not getting your way.

Comment by Lulu – September 3, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also found very forced way that Emma has accepted Neal’s death, so fast. For God’s sake! This was very bizarre. Emma knows that there are other worlds, many of them magical. She could have hope that someone had helped. But no, not a glimmer of hope.
          Emma as well just say to a man, ‘I love you’, and quickly jump to the other man’s arms? I hope not…

Comment by ipra (@ipra12) – September 11, 2013 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does it make me a bad person to hope they don’t rescue Henry? He’s probably the one thing I don’t like about this show

Comment by MDS – September 3, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah, It’s a fictional show. I think we can like and dislike whomever we wish to. While it’s probably an unpopular opinion, it’s one I share with you if it makes you feel better. I too wish Henry would stay gone.

I for one was ecstatic when Tamara, Owen and Henry disappeared down the portal. I did a happy dance AND a dance of joy! Then I was sad again when everyone decided to go “#SaveHenry”. I mean, do we really have to? Why look a gift horse in the mouth, people. Just think, Ruby could’ve had a storyline outside of babysitting the-nails-on-chalkboard-annoying kid. And really, we wouldn’t have to listen to or see Henry. Ever. Again. There’s my happy ending.

Comment by AnonymousMe – September 3, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes you can dislike whomever and whatever you want but you saying that is just rude. I happen to love that character and I hope they are able to save him and when they do I hope it pisses you off.

Comment by Sarah – September 3, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just because the poster doesn’t like Henry and stated as much isn’t rude. It’s their opinion on a character on a TV show and that’s all. And you may not like their opinion, but saying that “…I hope it pisses you off” that makes you rude and intolerant.

Comment by colin – September 3, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No don’t worry. I’m sure there are many out there that share the same. I know he’s a kid, but he definitely is a really annoying character. Plus he’s a kid still so the acting needs a little more work for sure. While I do hope they find him for the sake of the overall story, I hope they feature him a lot less and stick to more scenes among the adults.

Comment by abz – September 3, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope! I hate him as much as I hate his biological mother! Both are annnoying beyond words.

Comment by anna – September 4, 2013 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hehe, I’m with ‘ya half way. I despise Henry (writing the character off the show would be the best plot development as far as I’m concerned) but I really like Emma. She’s probably my favorite character.

Comment by liz – September 4, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! No, I thought the same thing. Peter Pan can have him.

Comment by OJ – September 4, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, child. Stating a personal opinion about a fictional character is not rude. Having a difference of opinion on a topic is not being rude. Making it personal, personally attacking someone who does not have the same opinion as you – THAT is rude.

Comment by AnonymousMe – September 3, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there something wrong with the sound or is it just my browser? The video is playing at normal speed, but the sound is slow slow slow..

Comment by Alichat – September 3, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh good, not just me

Comment by Elle – September 3, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would far rather see Henry come into his own as a young hero and not NEED saving. We were told that he is far more than he seems, so this is his big chance. The show could also “magic” him into an adult somehow when he leaves Neverland, I suppose, since there are always so many complaints about the young actor. I guess I’m just a softie, but I truly hate to see so many comments putting down a young man who was selected for the part and is, I presume, truly doing his best. I love the show, but I feel fhe writing has been inconsistent at best, and I feel like among the many things they could have done better was giving Henry’s portrayer (sorry, drawing a blank on his name) material to work with that played to his strengths.

Comment by Jinq2 – September 4, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • like always..Where Belle? Where is Neal????

Comment by ipra (@ipra12) – September 11, 2013 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Robin Hood is Regina’s love interest, or they killed Marion because she appeared pregnant in season 2 or Robin betrays Marion.
    Separating a legendary couple…a shame

Comment by ipra (@ipra12) – September 11, 2013 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post