TVLine Items: Vampire Diaries' Sexy Season 5 Sneak Peek, Josh Groban Goes Crazy and More!

Are Silas-as-Stefan and Human Katherine The Vampire Diaries‘ new ‘it’ couple?

A promo for the CW smash’s upcoming fifth season (bowing Oct. 3) indicates as much, with the terrible twosome nursing a mutual attraction — while wet and bubbly in a bathtub!

RELATED | The Vampire Diaries Season 5 Cast — Janina Gavankar as Tessa

Press PLAY below to watch their vampy sparks fly, then hit the comments: Are you ready to board this ‘ship?

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Josh Groban is going to get Crazy with Sarah Michelle Gellar this fall. Per EW.com, the singer/actor will guest-star on CBS’ new fall comedy The Crazy Ones, playing a friend from SMG-alter-ego Sydney’s past.

Comedy Central will livestream its James Franco Roast, which debuts this Labor Day Monday at 10 pm EST. The broadcast will be available via the cabler’s website, mobile site and Xbox 360 app.

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows?

Russell Tovey (BBC’s Being Human) has joined HBO’s San Francisco-set dramedy Looking, per The Hollywood Reporter. The project, starring Glee‘s Jonathan Groff, centers on the three Bay Area friends enjoying what life has to offer a new generation of gay men. Tovey plays a wunderkind who has achieved success at a young age.

In case you haven’t kept tabs on my Twitter feed this week, I once again had the incredibly fun privilege of taking part in HuffPost TV’s Best/Worst of the 2013-14 season video series — and you can take a peek at all of my picks now: Best New Comedy; Best New Drama; Favorite TV Stars; Best Returning Show; and – so sorry, Mike O’Malley — Worst New Show.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Lynne says:

OMG ! Cannot wait !

2. Men still can’t get enough of the always smokin’ HOT Nina Dobrev. :-)

3. Patchi says:

Looks good, but Silas to Stefan ” hello shadow self” lol hilariously cheesy

4. JDS says:

SAME BULLCRAP AS LAST SEASON…YAWN!!!

• Gem says:

This! I am not at all excited for this season.

• Franfry says:

Really? I’m a whole lot more excited than I was before last season. I have hopes that Stefan will get a storyline that doesn’t revoke around the insufferable Elena. The Silas thing sounds interesting. I know I’ll probably be disappointed but I can still hope :).

5. Cherry says:

Without the Originals this season on Vampire Diaries will be great. We can focus on the main cast once again. I loved the Originals but they seemed to grow tiresome being the constant threat.

• Mari says:

I think that’s because they mostly ended up being too powerful and non-killable, but didn’t really have a good purpose for being there. Hopefully moving them to their own show will help with that.

6. Fabe says:

Human Katherine is gonna be the bomb. I’m so happy they are making her a main character this year! It will bring some much needed life back into the show!

7. Danielle H. says:

Not that the Vampire Diaries isn’t one of my fav shows, but they need to get an overarching purpose going on here. The show can’t go on forever. It feels like it just meanders along and they keep coming up with plot point after plot point then sit down and figure out another one. It isn’t organic in any way.

8. JA says:

Wow, Ian Somerhalder looks amazing with shorter hair. And I thought he couldn’t get any better looking…Looking forward to a new season of TVD!!! Can’t wait!

9. Cassie says:

Not really looking forward to the DE this season, i’d rather see them both with other people. But Silas and Katherine omg i knew something freaky like that would happen :D but i miss kat as a vampire though and this season is gonna be awesome

10. Sheila says:

Yay, Russell Tovey!

11. Hi there, for all time i used to check blog posts here early in the morning,
    for the reason that i enjoy to find out more and more.