Cop, Out: The Glades Cancelled By A&E

The Glades CancelledTalk about a lousy (non-)wedding gift: Just days after The Glades scored season-high ratings with its Season 4 finale, A&E has officially cancelled the Florida-based procedural.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Menace to Raise Hell on A&E’s Bates Motel

The series on Monday night wrapped up its fourth season with an audience of 3.4 million total viewers, with 1.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — also marking all-time highs for a finale.

Sadly, that season-ender also left groom-to-be Jim’s life in flux, shot as he was by an unseen assailant.

RELATED | Alias Alum Checks Into A&E’s Bates Motel as Norma’s [Spoiler]

On Thursday, A&E’s other Monday-night drama, Longmire, took a big step toward seeming a Season 2 pick-up when exec producer John Coveny claimed as much on Twitter — though the cabler has yet to confirm the good news.

1. Carol says:

There ya go, cancelling yet another great show.
    Get rid of some of those idiot reality shows.

2. s. gray says:

While there are several shows that I enjoy on A&E I will not watch that channel ever again. The Glades was a really good show and to leave us just hanging like that is just crazy!!!!!!
    I happen to like Duck Dynasty very much, but when I boycott, I do a total boycott. What a shame. Good thing A&E worked things out with Phil on Duck Dynasty, because they are circling drain. Storage Wars is at the jumping the shark stage and Shipping Wars is a nose bleed. Sorry A&E I will not be watching you any more.

3. LISA TANSEY says:

I am SO disappointed. I seriously cannot believe they will leave a cliffhanger of a show like this – I know it seems dramatic, but I will never watch another A&E series again. Seriously.

4. Sharon Stubbs says:

Why???? You take a great show off and put on dumb things. You need to rethink this. You may lose more than the show The Glades you may lose over a million A & E TV watchers. You should listen to the people who watch TV not the dumb ones who tell you it not a show to keep. I am not sure I will watch anything else on A & E TV. Watch out USA and TNT you might get more TV watchers from this mistake that this network is making.

5. Michell says:

So sad A&E canceled the Glades leaving Jim in nowhere land. Whith high ratings on the final but they keep the Racist, No minded, Christen claiming Duck Heads! What the heck????

6. Zizi says:

What a disappointment , it is a good show, and I love all the cast. What’s wrong with A&E?????????
    Whatever !!!!!

7. Giselle says:

I can not be leave they have canceled this show!!!!! All their other shows are junk why couldn’t they get rid of one of those??? Hopefully another network will pick up the show.

8. Charmian Giles says:

& W miGHT AS WELL GO OFF THE AIR. tHEIR LACK OF GOOD PROGRAMMING ISFORCING PEOPLE TO WATCH OTHER CHANNELS..they couldn’t ensure their lack of audience any faster by the lousy choices of programming they have. They should fire all of their decision makers and ask the TV watching public what they would like to see on this station. They certainly make a lie out of the station name ‘Arts & Entertainment.’ What happened to the good programs they used to provide us? I.E., Pride & prejudice. I used rto enjoy watching your station, now i just flip past it as fast as possible. The only good program left on A&E to watch i LONGMIRE..if that goes off you might as well close you station down.

9. Barbara Anne Gagne says:

I’ve watched the Glades since it first started right up until the ending in August 2013 and just looking to see when it was starting up again and found out A&E cancelled the 5th season!!!???????? I also watch Longmire and love the show! I do hope it is not being cancelled as well! I watch a lot of shows on A&E but will have to decide whether to cancel it off my T.V. bill if cancelling great shows especially with the horrible ending on the Glades on whether Jim lived or died on his wedding day! And then you are putting back on the Bates Motel?????? What is wrong with you people?????????? Barbara Anne

10. WANN says:

REALLY–JUST LIKE THAT–GET RID OF SOME OF THE OTHER JUNK AND BRING BACK THE GLADES

• Barbara Anne Gagne says:

Wann, I totally agree with you! I went on-line yesterday to see when the new date for The Glades would be starting and low and behold, I findut A&E cancelled the show! They are nuts! I don’t watch Duck Dynesty, or other crappy shows like this, because I think hey are stupid! And what a way to end the show by having Jim shot on his wedding day, and that was it! I just couldn’t wait for it to start again and now it’s not. I hate when they do this to good shows, The Glades had all the ingredients for a great show which it was, murders, home life, humour, catching the bad guys, a group of people working together that were like family, etc. etc. etc. Just totally bummed out about this but they leave The Bates Motel which I found to be totally out of character with the real Alfred Hitchcock’s Movie! I just hope they don’t cancel out Longmire as well, which is another show never missed and like very much. If it goes, so does my A & E channel, as I will cancel it from my programs. Barbara Anne Gagne

11. Debbie says:

Very disappointed …………. one of the shows I really enjoyed watching !!!! Hope they change their mind and bring it back, obviously there were lots of viewers ……….. :(

• Barbara Anne Gagne says:

Debbie, I totally agree with you! I’m stunned! It was a great show, with murder, humour, family life, the works! And, they left it so unfinished! I cannot believe that they cancelled the show. They leave other shows on that are crap, like Bates Motel. It is not even close to the original story that Alfred Hitchcock did. They are like raving loonaticks. I also love Longmire and I hope they don’t cancel that one too! Otherwise I will cancel my A&E from my program selection. Bring back The Glades!!!!!!! Barbara Anne Gagne

12. I am getting so tired of the networks, now A&E included, in chopping shows 1st in favor of garbage reality shows,2nd without giving a conclusion to an ongoing show or series. Keep it up idiots in charge until you chase everyone.

13. Minnipearl says:

A&E sucks. They used to be a good network. The Glades was awesome and I don’t consider Duck Dynasty :Art” or “Entertainment”

14. VeerayLout says:

I seriously can’t believe the glades is canceled, I was looking to find out when premier was and this is the news I get what a joke, but for the record I LOVE duck dynasty

15. Frank says:

Somebody please pick up The Glades for season 5 or at least put closure to what happens to Jim. A&E please look at all these positive comments on the Glades.

• Frank says:

Hoping that by everyone that liked the show gets on Facebook and like the show “The Glades” praying A&E wakes up and smells the coffee and brings back the show.

16. Amanda says:

THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!! THEY CAN’T CANCEL IT WITH THE WAY THE SEASON FINALE ENDED!!! WELL MAYBE ANOTHER NETWORK WILL PICK IT UP :) I WANT TO SEE A FIFTH SEASON!!!!

• Lee Hartman says:

I agree completely but only problem is, even if they bring it back for Season 5, they would never get all the cast members back. Undoubtedly they have gone on to other projects. They were all so good. If anyone hears what they are doing, hope you will share. I’d hate to miss them. Lee

17. Sara George says:

So disappointing! A&E needs new management! This is just stupid.

• Jeanne says:

They just got “new” management. That’s the problem. They stated that want to attract a younger, educated audience!! So, they put on Duck Dynasty!! Go figure! YOU HAVE TO BE EDUCATED to watch DD?? Outrageous!! No more A&E for me!!

• mary says:

I so agree with your comments. Hard to figure why they would not have an ending we all could live with. Makes no sense at all.

• Barbara Anne Gagne says:

Dear Sara: I totally agree with you! I’m just about ready to cancel my A & E prescription off my T.V. because they leave stupid shows on like Bates Motel! I’m still waiting to see if they sign up with Longmire or cancel it as well. If that happens, A & E is zapped from my T.V. prescription for sure. I don’t watch a lot of their shows like Duck Dynesty as I have no interest in that kind of crap. I enjoyed The Glades as it depicted all kinds of scenarios, and involved the police station people and their home life as well as their “play” times with each other, it had murder, mystery, humour, seriousness. It just made it a “right” show. And totally unfair ending as to whether Jim lived or died, was found at all, what happened to their getting married, etc., etc., etc. Bummed out!!

18. Just found out you canceled Glades. I was looking for when the program would start up again. Can’t believe they ended the whole thing with a cliffhanger. Except for Longmire the rest of the A&E shows are just trash.
    Bring back Glades!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Lola says:

Bring back The Glades. It’s great and we love the characters. At least have a TV movie to give the fans closure. A&E stop being so greedy.

20. Deedee Knicely says:

Thats stupid put the glades back on best show on a&e duck dynasty got old for real u guys suck

21. Dee says:

I think that A&E is getting rediculous by removing good sitcoms and putting all this reality crap on tv. I deal with enough reality everyday. Its nice to come home and watch a good detective show with some comedy, romance and mystery. I am getting tired of all this crap with reality shows. I think that they need to slow down on the reality. To much real/fake drama. I need to entertained not be excited by whos doing what to who. I see that everyday of my life. Thats enough…. A&E You need to change your programming. I think if enough people stopped watching their channel maybe they would do something. So will we ever know if he died or maid it. Did they get married on The Glades or not. NOt fair to leave a us hanging.

22. Blake says:

I am watcher from England and I thoroughly enjoyed The Glades, but I do not understand why there was not a final closure instead of a cliff hanger. It seems to me that you have no thoughts for your viewers at all.
    Could you please have the decency to explain to me WHY.

• SherryB says:

Sorry Blake but no one at A&E has yet to issue a comment period about what they have done with The Glades, they haven’t as much as acknowledged the petitions that have been gathered.. Its just a sorry network and I have deleted it from my t.v. line-up as have many other viewers.. Their ratings have fallen recently so hopefully the whole network will go belly up before long..

• Jeanne says:

I’LL ONLY LOOK AT LONGMIRE! THE REST OF THEIR SCHEDULE SUCKS! THIS “NEW” MANAGEMENT EVIDENTLY DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY SAID THEY WANT TO CATER TO A YOUNGER, EDUCATED AUDIENCE!! NO ONE NEEDS A DEGREE TO LOOK AT DUCK DYNASTY!!

• Lisa says:

I not even giving them the satisfaction of watching anything on A&E—-they can cancelled the best show to make room for the lackies——-Longmire will not last the season out— DO NOT GIVE THEM THE SATIFICATION OF HAVING YOUR TV SET ON A&E—– They will only disapoint you again—–Like other Net works It is all about what they want ????? Who do think is watching this crap???? Networks Like A&E –SOAPNET—- The do not care about there viewers…………..

• Ceejay says:

Longmire is one of the BEST shows on television. Refusing to watch it because it is on A&E is like cutting your nose off to spite your face….. it is absolute stupidity!

23. Mark gibbons says:

I am looking for the petition.

24. Nancy says:

This was one of the few new shows that I watched. Now you have taken that away from me. I agree that the new shows on TV these days really suck.

25. duanepp says:

the glade was my no 1 show i loved it they need to bring it back an cancle these stupid shows that arnt worth watching a nother net work needs to pick it up an bring our favorite show back

26. Debbie McClain says:

We need to renew the Glades and Longmire they were two of the best shows on A&E we don’t need any more stupid reality shows what is this world coming to.

27. Stacy Woodruff says:

I am sooooo upset about The Glades, how could you leave us hanging? I am so tired of all the networks not ending there shows appropriately. Don’t they realize that people have so many new ways to watch these shows that the ratings might not be accurate? They need to find a new way to find out how many people are actually watching these shows. I watch on your apps a lot of the time, does this count in the ratings? Please, please, PLEASE finish this series!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Nisha says:

This can’t be the end a&e better be play this crazy this show was great u can really learn frm it I would rather the glade over most of these other shows they play… Bring it back

29. Cheryl Baker says:

I can not believe they cancelled the Glades. It was a good show and they leave all the reality shows on, COME ON this is so disappointing. So, much for A&E I won’t be watching!!!!

30. Sandy Delapenha says:

I cannot believe that A&E would cancel The Glades; especially with the high ratings that this show had and with this finale where Jim is shot. I mean what the hell. So instead you people at A&E are leaving us to watch instead stupid really reality shows, like Duck Dynasty. I think those executives at A&E need to sit down and really think this through. This show has such a huge following of fans that it is really despicable how the show was cancelled.

31. khrista_O@yahoo.com says:

Bring the damn Glads bac!!!!!!!!!!!! duck dynasty is a dumb ass show that nobody is watching now your ratings are dropping so like i said put the Glads back on

32. Sandra Stephens says:

What can we do to bring this show back? It was one of the best I have seen. I am very disappointed.

33. kim says:

that really sucks glades was a great show it should be picked up by someone else !!!!! to many stupid reality shows !!!!!!!

34. Jamie Zaspal says:

curious….why can’t we the fans demand a wrap up movie like they did for firefly with Serenity……i demand a closure!!!!!

35. Denise C. says:

I’m so disappointed – I just found out while looking for the return date so I could find out who shot Jim. Please at least bring it back to give it a proper ending. This stinks!

36. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post! It is
    the little changes that produce the most important
    changes. Many thanks for sharing!

37. beata says:

Please bring Glades back.if it wasn’t for my television provider having bravo which has criminal minds on the same package I would get rid off A&E compleatly .A&E used to be a good channel to watch .Until they started playing reality TV garbage.PLEASE BRING GLADES BACK.

38. rodney nagle says:

whats wrong with u jackasses , the glades is a good scripted show in a sea of reality stupidity . not of all us watch that mindless crap , some of us still like to see a hero and a villan , u dont get that on stupid shows like duck dynasty . bring back the glades .

39. Every week I so looked forward to watching The Glades and Longmire. I just found out that my favorite show is cancelled. I’m in shock and really upset with A&E. I will be boycotting this chanel on my tv, unless The Glades comes back. It’s like you took a really good book and just ripped out the last chapter. Thank you so much! Shame on you!!!

40. Colleen says:

I have said it before but will continue to say my greatest disappointment is that I haven’t heard any response from A&E. There are so many comments here from previous viewers, but it doesn’t seem to matter enough to give some kind of explanation. Obviously they don’t care about all of the upset people. I won’t ever watch this TV station again.

41. Jack says:

What a crock of crap drop this show like this it’s nuts .atleast finish out and not leave people hanging .and dynasty is far from a reality show more terrible acting than anything sure it’s amusing but come on now .

42. Gail says:

The Glades was a great show. Duck Dynasty, if that’s reality, we really need help.

43. SF says:

I agree, would love to at least have closure. The only other show I watch is Longmire, you insult our intelligence with scripted reality shows!!

• Jackie Hall says:

Have to agree with you. There is so much stupidity out there. It’s hard to find good programing today. So darn sick of all this realty junk. Any idiot can write a reality show. Takes real talent to do good programming. And we don’t see much real talent around anymore.

44. Debbie says:

This just isn’t right. I think the series ending sucked and was very unexpected. That’s why I watch less and less of A&E

45. OH IM SO DAM MAD! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THAT, ANOTHER NET WORK SHOULD PICK UP THIS AWSOME SHOW. I JUST MAY NEVER WATCH A&E AGAIN IF THATS HOW THEY ARE GOING TO DO THINGS!!!!!!

46. carol says:

HELP HELP SOMEONE IS LOOSEING THERE MIND. BY STOPING . THE GLADES AND LONGMIRE.LOVE THEM!!!!

47. Renitadonnell says:

Just found out the Glades have been canceled, I am so pissed off WHY??? This is so wrong!!!

48. Susan Nelsen says:

Really, no closure ? Jim shot and we just “move on” ? No more series on A & E for me, last time I ever watch or get involved in one of their “leave you hanging” series, life is to short….

49. Debbie Mays says:

A&E shame on you! I just watched all the previous seasons just to get ready for the new season only to see it has been cancelled. You are going to fool around until you lose all your viewers. The Glades, Longmire and Duck Dynasty are the only shows worth watching and people are tired of reality TV. Really?? Canceling after the best season finale…who does that? The one thing fans can hope for is that people will get sick of A&E fooling around with the best shows on their network and other stations will be smart enough to listen to the people who matter and pick these shows up. So A&E keep having good ideas and keep being stupid enough to not follow through with them because someone will wise up and step in and pick them up and then your viewers will finally get a great show to watch without it being cancelled midstream with great ratings.

50. MsDeethomas says:

I’m so sick of reality shows that really don’t make sense. Most of the crazyness is made up just to keep viewer who like that kind of non-sense turned in. Getting rid of the Glades really made sense to me. NOT)!!!!! Good Grief Charlie Brown, what could they have been thinking.