Exclusive: Fox Eyes Drama Based on Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware Series of Books

alex delaware seriesAlex Delaware is ready for his close-up.

Fox has placed a script order for an “adrenaline-packed mystery series” based on bestselling author Jonathan Kellerman’s books featuring the crime-solving psychologist, who joins forces with a closeted gay LAPD detective.

The project, from Jerry Bruckheimer’s Warner Bros.-based shingle, will be penned by former CSI: NY showrunner Pam Veasey.

RELATED | Veronica Mars Creator Bringing Les Miz to Small Screen

Kellerman-e1330008799656Alex Delaware was first introduced in Kellerman’s 1985 novel When the Bough Breaks. To date, the character appears in 27 of the author’s books.

Bruckheimer, Veasey and Kellerman will serve as EPs alongside Jonathan Littman. KristieAnne Reed is a Co-EP.

1. Aleksa says:

I wonder what’s taken them so long.

2. Leigh says:

Sounds interesting.

3. xx says:

Ahhh this sounds like a gay version of Castle!

4. johnhelvete says:

No one remembers the TV movie of When The Bough Breaks from 1986 with Ted Danson?

• Amy H says:

I do! I always wondered why no one has looked at this as a series. I have to say that I’ve always pictured Milo as Richard Masur since then. Ted Danson as Alex — not so much.

• Amy H says:

I do! I’ve always pictured Richard Masur as Milo since then. Ted Danson – not so much as Alex. Hope they do it justice.

5. Theo says:

They will make the gay character straight. Just watch it happen. It’s network TV, particularly FOX, he will end up being straight.

• Martoukian says:

More likely (than making him straight) is that they’ll make Milo good-looking. Every book explicitly describes him as paunchy, graying and pockmarked. Bet the series makes him much younger and much hotter.

That doesn’t mean I don’t want to watch the show, of course. I love the books.

• Trip says:

Um…have you seen “Glee,” also on Fox? Even the straight characters are gay.

6. Cherry says:

This premise sounds great! Very interesting.

7. Nikki says:

Love these books, so I’ll be eagerly awaiting to see the series. I hope they manage to find people who can pull off all the character like Alex, Milo, Robin and even Rick. I wonder if they’ll be using the books for storylines or having different, new cases.

8. Ethel says:

Milo is not a closeted gay cop…he is openly gay and shunned by other cops but has a boyfriend, Rick who is a doctor. Guess the best news is if King and Maxwell is not renewed, Jon Tenney can be the new Alex Delaware.

• Jane says:

I was about to say the same thing about Milo. He isn’t closeted. Also, I agree, they do not to make him too good-looking. I never really cared that much about the Alex character but I like Milo.

• Kathleen says:

Jon Tenney would be a GREAT choice as Alex. I love love love these books, so I pray Fox doesn’t screw up Kellerman’s vision. I am really looking forward to checking this series out!

9. Nikki says:

I’m excited for this!!! The books are fantastic.

10. JanLee says:

Yes this is long overdue!

11. charlie says:

I remember the TV movie, and even bought a film 20-pack so I could own it. I’m not sure if he’s closeted in the early novels, but he’s definately out since I started reading the series. Any chance it could be amended

12. สวัสดี สวัสดี มี เพียง กลายเป็น ตระหนักถึง แจ้งเตือนไปยัง บล็อกของคุณผ่าน ทาง Google และพบ ว่า มันเป็น จริง ข้อมูล ผม จะ ระวังบรัสเซลส์ ฉันจะ
    ชื่นชม จะขอบคุณ ถ้าคุณยังคง
    นี้ ในอนาคตอัน จำนวนมาก คน จะได้รับประโยชน์ จาก การเขียนของคุณ ไชโย!

13. Earle says:

Corporation, the clues are there to taxi protect the plaintiff’s reputation, do not recognize your name and full body apparition that
    we can know about testing and compliance monitoring.
    And you can find all the important planning.

They have not been charged with violating the FTC’s Funeral Rule.
    Using an online flower shops in the grieving
    process.