Fall TV Preview

Scandal Enlists Lisa Kudrow for Season 3 Arc

Lisa Kudrow ScandalLisa Kudrow is headed to Scandal, but will she be a friend or foe to the Gladiators?

The Friends actress is joining ABC’s red-hot drama in the recurring role of a powerful and smart politician, per Deadline. The character’s rumored name: Shelley Meyers.

RELATED | Why Scandal Stars Are Rallying for an Even Better Season 3 — Plus: 28 Teases for the October Premiere

The gig brings Kudrow under the same tent as her longtime producing partner, Scandal Emmy nominee Dan Bucatinsky.

Season 3 of Scandal premieres Thursday, Oct. 3 at 10/9c.

Comments (22)

• I love it when an actor/actress does something you wouldn’t expect. I’m looking forward to what she can bring to the table.

Comment by Clayton – August 28, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lisa Kudrow has done some wonderful work in dramatic parts. She’s not just in comedies.

Comment by K – August 28, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her.

Comment by Robb – August 28, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Lisa Kudrow there is no way I’d watch her on this garbage. Guess this explains where Sandra Oh’s paycheck on Grey’s went.

Comment by Judy – August 28, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, because the budgets for two unrelated shows are inextricably linked.

Comment by Lauren – August 28, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sandra Oh still has another season on Grey’s Anatomy, so unless she’s paying Kudrow her money to star on a completely different show then I believe your comment is irrelevant.

Comment by JJM – August 28, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    Yess love me some Lisa Kudrow. Ready to see her do more dramatic roles.

Comment by nguber – August 28, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news. Here’s to Kerry Washington being on Web Therapy next.

Comment by Mark – August 28, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Completely intrigued and super excited

Comment by KND – August 28, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen Lisa Kudrow in a dramatic role. This should be interesting.

Comment by bill – August 28, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. I adore Lisa. This is a great chance for her to show the world that she doesn’t have to be typecast in comedy. Can’t wait.

Comment by Cherry – August 28, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t watch S. even for Lisa!

Comment by N – August 28, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some ppl should really not comment @ all. That said
    BEST CASTING NEWS THIS SEASON. Haven’t seen her in drama so this should b fun…

Comment by shuayb – August 28, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this news so freaking much. I live Lisa kudrow so much and even though I’ve never seen her in a drama I know she will kill it

Comment by Juan – August 28, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME

Comment by Kay – August 28, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooooh excited for this!!!

Comment by Lauren – August 29, 2013 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess Dan Bucatinski brought her to Scandal

Comment by Hurley – August 29, 2013 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I squealed as soon as I read the title.

Comment by CONOR SHANAHAN (@ConorShanahan) – August 29, 2013 03:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow this excites me even more for this upcoming season. Lisa is just grand!

Comment by johnny – August 29, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she is the most talented member of the “Friends” cast. I like Lisa, cannot stand the rest of them especially Courtney Cox and cry baby Aniston. I am excited to see Lisa on Scandal.

Comment by JK – August 29, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PHOEBE ! But yes, Lisa Kudrow is a fantastic actress, and it will be nice to see her on Scandal.

Comment by Deborah – August 29, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wouldn’t it have been awesome if Lisa’s character’s name were Regina Phalange?

Comment by JON – August 31, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post