Game of Thrones Scoop: Nashville Bad Boy Joins Season 4 Cast in Super-Secret Role

Get More: Casting News

Game of Thrones Michiel HuismanMichiel Huisman is ditching Nashville for Westeros.

The Dutch actor, who played Rayna’s edgy producer-with-bennies in the ABC drama’s first season, is joining Game of Thrones in a recurring role, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Game of Thrones Season 4 Preview: Kit Harington Promises a ‘Big Season for Jon Snow’

Very little is known about Huisman’s character. Scratch that — nothing is known about Huisman’s character. (Speculate away in the comments, why don’t you.)

The gig brings Huisman back into the HBO fold, following his four-year run as drug-addled musician Sonny on Treme (the drama’s final five-episode season launches on Dec. 1).

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Game of Thrones started production on Season 4 last month; the fantasy series will return in 2014.

Comments (36)

• Ser Hyle Hunt fo sho!

Comment by Penny – August 28, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Either Hyle Hunt or a Kettleblack would be my guesses.

Comment by D'Arcy – August 28, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hyle Hunt doesn’t make sense on the timeline. More like season 5.

Comment by rawleygirl – August 28, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think Jaime is ready for Ser Hyle Hunt – or the Red Ronnet – just yet, but he does fit the type.

Comment by Winteriscoming – August 28, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only role I can think of off the top of my head would be that guy Satin who helped the Watch defend the Wall during the wildling siege.

Comment by Steve F. – August 28, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought about that too, but I don’t see why it would be a “super-secret role”.

Comment by Ben – August 28, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots of options. Are all the Greyjoys cast? Kettlebacks? Any number of Stannis’ Knights

Comment by Tim – August 28, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The kingsguardman who goes to Dorne with Mrycella that gets seduced by one the Sand Vipers!

Comment by Joann – August 28, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Arys Oakheart – hmmm. I can also see him playing Ser Gerold Dayne.

Comment by Steve F. – August 28, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aegon Targaryen/Young Griff?

Comment by nana – August 28, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my first thought/hope…

Comment by Faster – August 28, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He is to old to play Aegon. Dany is sixteen and was born only a few months after Aegon. Michiel Huisman is 32 so I doubt he will play Aegon….

Comment by Josephina – August 29, 2013 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s the only explanation for having such a mystery around who he’ll play…

Comment by nana – August 29, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No it’s not. He could be a recast of Benji Stark/coldhands. According to deadline he is replacing someone. On top of that Mark Gatiss has filmed a role as well and nobody knows who is playing him. They have not been forthcoming with their castings this season at all so I wouldn’t be suprised to not know who he is playing for another month…

Comment by Josephina – August 29, 2013 05:41 AM PDT
          • As long as he’s not replacing Anguy I’m okay with it

Comment by whitewalker – August 29, 2013 01:52 PM PDT
  • I’m hoping for Euron Greyjoy. It would be possible with the fact that he isn’t supposed to aged one bit according to Victorian. And he looks like him. But frankly I don’t care I’m just happy that he is cast. As a fellow dutchie I have to say that he’s come a long way and that he only is getting better as an actor :)

Comment by Josephina – August 28, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care who he is cast as I’m just happy that he will be on GoT.

Comment by Whatever – August 28, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The actor is a pretty boy musician? Sounds like Symon Silver Tongue.

Comment by Clark Matthews – August 28, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Euron Greyjoy!

Comment by melinky – August 28, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe a singer who fits into the Eyrie story line? (Can’t really say anything else more specific without being spoiler-y.)

Comment by Aleksa – August 28, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Michiel and it’s cool to have a second Dutch actor in GoT, but I was really hoping he would return to Nashville. Liam was awesome

Comment by EWJ – August 28, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Liam and was hoping for his return as well, but good for him being cast on GoT. It is quite a step up from Nashville (which I love dearly, but is soapy as hell!)

Comment by KD – August 28, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He resembles the actor cast as the Red Viper enough that I’m wondering about Doran Martell… but it might be too early for that.

Comment by Erika – August 28, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Major disappointment if they make Martell to look like that.

Whoever said the singer at the Eerie, that’s a great idea.

Comment by Tim – August 28, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He could always be Trystane, the son Tyrion sent Myrcella to marry. After all, the actress doesn’t look 11 and neither should her TV fiance for that matter.

Since they are supposed to grow so close he would notice the difference between Myrcella and any other girl, I suppose it would make sense to introduce Trystane early on. Plus, they could take over Arya and Gendry’s plot while they are separated.

Comment by J. K. – August 28, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is playing the character of Styr, Magnar of Thenn according to my friend over at NY Mag.

Comment by Margeux – August 28, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cant wait for next Nashville. got there 2 albums wow.
    when is Nashville coming back.

Comment by janet hussain. – August 28, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • September 25th.

Comment by Margeux – August 28, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my songs on youtube, I wrote them, and 8 tracks, songwriter, London burning, she breathes in, I see red, guns and knives save a life, all done in recording studio.
    and war child, played on Brett Birks new music on wm radio.
    tell me what you think, still got a lot to learn, about everything. thanks.

Comment by janet hussain. – August 28, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please discontinue my emails

Comment by joyce bender – August 29, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i did , NOW DISCONTINUE MY EMAIL

Comment by joyce bender – August 29, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • he’s replacing marillion

Comment by Connor – August 29, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been told by reliable sources he is playing Quentyn Martell.

Comment by juan – August 29, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved him on Nashville! Excited to see who hee is going to play .

Comment by danielle a – August 30, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nop – it’s just the new Daario Naharis :(

Comment by Lina – September 2, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guesses:
    1) Quentyn Martell
    2) Griff / Jon Connington (too young?)
    3) Victarion Greyjoy
    4) Any of the Kettleblacks
    5) Hyle Hunt

Comment by Gabriel Pleszowski – September 27, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post