Exclusive: Shake It Up! Star Zendaya Set to Get Zapped By Disney Channel in 2014

ZENDAYADisney Channel is staying in business with teen phenom Zendaya, tapping the Shake It Up! star to headline a comedy-adventure movie titled Zapped, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Last month, Disney Channel confirmed that Shake It Up! will sign off this fall after 78 episodes. At the time, the network announced plans to collaborate with the actress-singer-author on an original TV pic.

RELATED | First Look: Girl Meets World Casts Riley’s Dream Crush

Zapped, based on the book Boys Are Dogs, centers on 16 year-old Zoey Stevens (Zendaya), a skilled dancer and straight-A student who is having a hard time adjusting to a new high school, a new and klutzy dance squad, a new step-dad, three new rowdy step-brothers and an unruly dog. But things change when a dog training app on her smart phone begins to somehow control all the boys around her.

The cast also includes Chanelle Peloso (Radio Rebel), Spencer Boldman (Lab Rats), Emilia McCarthy (Hemlock Grove) and Adam DiMarco (Radio Rebel).

The movie will premiere on Disney Channel as well as on Canada’s Family Channel in 2014.

Also in the pipeline for the crazy-busy Zendaya: The tween-centric advice book Between U and Me (out Aug. 27) and her self-titled debut album (due Sept. 27).

1. Bender says:

I thought this was a remake of the Scott baio movie from 1982, oh well

2. tiffany says:

Gi Zendaya

3. YeahOK says:

Good for her, but her dance sucks and her act more, and she more more

• Belle says:

What? Have no idea what you are trying to say

• caligirl1526 says:

I think zendaya is awesome and same with bella thorn me and my bff taeya did report for school on them for school so we no

• Bye felocia says:

Ok I’m just gunna say I believe ur opinion is wrong Zendaya is and awesome person a very talented dancer and is a even more great more romodel and person so I’m not trying to say don’t express ur opinion but I’m gunna tell u I’m going to express mine rite bak!! So if u think Zendaya Marie Coleman is a bad dancer ur crazy! If u think she is a bad actress ur crazier!! And mostly if u think her herself is suckish u have lost ur mind dude that’s so retarted and idiotic of u to think that srry!!! #stop #being #a #retard #and #idiot #i #believe #my #opioion #has #more #logic #and #makes #more #sense

• millly786 says:

listen here who do you think you are talking about Zendaya like that if you want to talk about someone and how bad they are why don’t you talk about your self

4. Jereomy says:

Her album drops on September 17.

5. tiffany says:

Sorry Go Zendaya

6. Sheila says:

Shall we start the countdown for when this Disney star becomes an unhinged drug addict/teen mother/nude model? Seems to happen to all of them…

7. Mandy's Mom says:

Not this girl, she’s a good kid with her head on straight.

8. lee mcintyre says:

Zendaya will NOT fall into the drug,alcohol,and party girl trap like so many before her!! she’s BRITE,BEAUTIFUL,AND way too good hearted to let her young fans down like that! Not trying to put pressure on her,but I believe her STRONG up bringing will shine thru!!

9. Cj says:

I thought shake it up would last longer :*****(

10. I love zendaya she is a amazing person and her personality is great to I love her dancing singing acting every thing about her she is just one of those people you never get tired of so ayyy go zswaggers love u forever

11. ttswagg says:

Zendaya is awesome and shes very talented i cant wait for the new movie!

12. tina hanter says:

Be nice to Zendaya you can think what you want but it most likely won’t happen. Zendaya is a smart girl she can do what she wants. I agree that most Disney stars do become a negative role model, but don’t guess that it will happen to everyone
    I wish shake it up lasted longer.

• millly786 says:

Listen up to all those haters out there Zendaya is amazing and if you have so much jealousy on Zendaya that you need to talk bad about her and be haters then don’t even bother coming here and posting all your horrible comments and saying she is going to become one of those druggies ans she is going to throw her life away because just by you saying that it shows what a low class you are # ZENDAYA YOU ARE AMAZING
      # YOLO

13. Cadence0207 says:

Zendaya is smart,beutiful,and a wonderful person she will not let her young fans down like Miley did so be nice to her people!would you like it somebody came up to you and said”your a horrible singer,dancer,actress”!?!?i wish shake it up would’ve lasted longer,I remember when the ad was on Disneyfor the premier!SO SAD!

14. kevin says:

Dear zendaya
    Happy birthday you always you deep in my heart part of my heart everytime we touch you touch my heart and mind deep selp every night a part of sky thank of you of time of god make you be free in my heart of soul of every with god of time with him we ear a part of the world god did make this world is beutfall around of dream a part me my self a time future from heavin to shine of my self spitit of 5 000 years a go in my dream god wake up to see my smile on my face my fellings a bout my live not fell good thank of you every one of one star in your eyes lrder of god and with you 24 years for deep in heavin every deep in sea I see you smile in my in my heart make comment you ps I am working out I have your book of zendaya and music of cd of my live I know your birthday is September just like my September 1 with 20 all my love for you your birthday is not long you ear the sun I am the star to shine on face forever 247 every night of my live for you

15. Mo.A says:

hey people I soooooooo agree with you
    zendaya is a talented actress singer dancer so anyone say anything dirty about zendaya is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wish shake it up wasn’t over.love you zendaya!!!!
    TA-TA now.

16. Mo.A says:

sup peeps I’m back(zendaya song) zendaya has d life I wish I could be just like her.so wish shake it up wasn’t gone!!!!!.I also wish I could be in her new sitcom or show SUPER AWESOME KATY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love you zendaya and zswaggers!!

17. Laila says:

Dose not speak right

18. mariah says:

Zendaya is amazing and I am super happy she even exists without her she would not have replay which is an amazing song and if u don’t like her u need to stop hating because ur wasting everything just because u don’t like her I don’t mind if u don’t because its ur opinion but she is smart and beautiful and I am happy she is like a big sister too me . Zendaya is amazing and a talented girl and if ur saying she isn’t a great dancer lets see ya do it better and if she wasn’t a great dancer why is she on dancing with the stars

19. I love Zendaya and love shake it up I didn’t want it to be over and I love ZAPPED so much and I went on a acting show and they said they were going to call but they didn’t call I hope I win

20. I love Zendaya I wish I could be like her well as a boy

21. calihya says:

my role model is on here so i am waching it goin to bed at 8pm

22. When they said Zapped is in 2days I checked on on demand I saw it and I screamed

23. Valerie says:

I love that you are going to be staring on zapped

24. lily says:

zendaya do you have kik and what is it

25. Rohit says:

Worst Movie I have ever seen. just waste of time.

26. JaHijah Hill says:

ZENDAYA$ YOU $ ROCK $ GIRL………………….SHES GOING TO BE A ROCK SSTTAARR

27. Kathy says:

Omg u r so pretty and I love your picture