True Blood End Date 'Conversation Is Happening' -- Should Season 7 Be the Show's Last?

True Blood EndingIs HBO about to stop the flow of True Blood?

A decision about the future of the vampire drama — specifically whether Season 7 will be the show’s last — will likely be decided in the coming weeks, according to showrunner Brian Buckner.

RELATED | Major Spoiler Alert: Alexander Skarsgard’s True Blood Fate Revealed — Find Out if Eric Will Be Back for Season 7

That conversation is happening, but we don’t have an answer yet,” the EP tells TVLine. “I’m being told that I will know – which doesn’t mean that I will tell everybody. But I will know when the writers resume in the room [next month] whether or not we’re wrapping it up or not.”

At the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour last month, HBO president Michael Lombardo said True Blood will continue as “long as there are stories to tell,” adding that, “no decisions have been made.”

True Blood‘s polarizing Season 6 finale on Sunday drew 4.1 million viewers, down from both its season opener (which drew 4.5 mil) and its Season 5 finale (5 mil).

1. Andrew says:

I love True Blood so much, and I’ve been watching it for years now, but there is a part of me that wants to see this show end on a high note without being rushed. They can tell one good, last story and give fans the send off the show deserves. I really hope they use common sense and give True Blood the “proper burial.”

• TBfan says:

I thought the show had two seasons left in it last season. That being said, I wouldn’t mind whether it ends on season 7 or season 8.

Judging only by this season finale, a season 7 ending would bring full circle with season 1. A season 8 ending, on the other hand, could bring full circle with the Stackhouses and Eric’s family so whatever they choose, I’m cool.

• V says:

I actually wish that season 6 episode 9 was the end. I used to love True Blood but now I’m not even excited for next year. I won’t be watching. I kinda wish they would go ahead and just cancel it now and get it over with. it’s just ridiculous at this point. And unlike other viewers who want to campaign for better writing and leadership, I feel I shouldn’t have to. If you can’t keep me with the writing/leadership team you have then you don’t deserve me watching your show. I shouldn’t have to beg you to make this show better.

• K says:

I felt the same way. Episode 9 was genius in so many ways, and then they closed the season by killing the world’s strongest immortal within five minutes. I mean, it seems as though they’ve closed the shows strongest stories in the most implausible ways ever!

• millarca21 says:

I feel the same way. Season 6 Episode 9 had a “finale” feel about it, and it was a very good episode. Eric’s story could have ended with him flying away and I would have been content. The scene of him in the snow was quite absurd and out of character from the point of view of Eric’s intelligence and instinct for survival. In my opinion Episode 10 was a bit of a mess generally and left me feeling the show had definitely jumped the shark; the only question is what was the shark-jumping moment. Was it Eric burning or Sookie in that ridiculous hat on Alcide’s arm? Or Bill”s book? *eyeroll*

The first half of the ep was OK, but the second half was just boring. I was fidgety 5 minutes after the time jump, wishing I could turn the TV off but feeling I should at least watch it, but that was a very long 20 minutes. I did get a few laughs out of it, although the things I laughed at probably weren’t meant to be funny. Where is the storyline going? That second half had a distinctly soap-operish feeling to me, and lacked all the things that attracted me to the show in Season 1 and kept me watching through Season 2. If Buckner isn’t going to lift his game, I don’t see there being a Season 8.

2. Jake says:

I think they should go the Glee route. Renew it for 2 years and end at the end of that.

• Emily says:

I agree! I think 2 years is sufficient time to give the fans some good, solid storytelling and to make up for the hit-and-miss past couple of seasons.

• Danielle H. says:

I want 2 more years. I wanted it ended, then I ended up really liking this past season! I found myself thinking that I wanted at least 2 more years. The problem is this shows flow has made it feel like it could always just meander on because there would always be stories to tell. So they need to at least start finding an ending arc.

• CBWBDK1 says:

Glee should have ended after the third season. Season four was terrible.

3. MX says:

Well, sad if they end the show now,,, just when it was getting good againg.

4. It’s going to be tough if True Blood is going to end after seven seasons but what are the chances?

5. James R. says:

needs to end.

• nymerias says:

Yes, especially if the writers and Bucky plan on slinging us more stupid contrived plots that end up not being any good, then good riddance at season 7. Bucky wants us to trust them to tell a good story, well that is hard to do since they start out attempting to tell a good story but then it all goes downhill and they lose sight of their original goal, if they even knew what that was. Am I being hard on the powers that be? Damned right I am. I have heard talk of an open letter but I think the powers that be most likely don’t give a crap what fans think.

• Ben says:

if the open letter has anything to do with “sookie and eric are the love story” shipper cry then frak off

• nymerias says:

No it would not have anything to do with Eric and Sookie but everything to do with crappy story lines we are served with that end up going nowhere and serve no purpose. Contrary to popular opinion Ben not everyone watches this show to see people naked and have sex all the damn time. Don’t let the name fool you, we do like more than the name applies.

• Sarah says:

Agreed, put it out of its misery HBO.

• Alrisha says:

Like 2-3 seasons ago. It’s already living on life support.

6. Castle Lover says:

I just don’t want it to be over. Ever.

7. jerrired says:

I loved True blood when it originally started but the last couple years have been a real stretch with storyline. It’s just time to end it.

8. gio88 says:

it has sens to continue only with interesting stories or end it with season 7. They should resume the book stories because in my opinion they are comprimising the show with these new characters , powers ecc… that have nothing to do with the original idea of the main protagonists!still don’t understand why now vampire catch fire under the sun when before they simply burned, and even sookie powers , in season 5 almost lost her power for not being a full feary and this season she uses everyday her powersin multiple ways and these are just examples …they should just comeback to origins less fight and special effects just sex , blood nad bad words!

9. Dora says:

Sadly, True Blood has suffered the loss of good writers and a great showrunner, plot lines that make any sense, even the surreal tongue and cheek campiness it had during its 3 first seasons. Now, it seems as its current showrunner and head writer has reduced its once endearingly naive but feisty protagonist to a willing abuse victim, and brainless trophy stepford wifey, the previously established manipulative but very interesting creep of an ex, into a once again love interest (yes, the same one who had her beaten up, drugged her, then called her a freak), the control freak possessive bastard of a werewolf, as her current “saw haven”. Oh, and the most popular character of both the books and the show, burning naked miles away from the main plot, something th showrunner admitted he intends to continue in season 7: having him “do his own thing” , or not revealing “how he s going to use hm. Sorry to say this for a show once considered so well written, but right now all it’s doing and intends to do is promoting abuse, anti-feminism and rape culture. Shame on its writers and showrunner and shame on HBO.

• I think some shows benefit greatly from the fact that HBO doesn’t interfere with them creatively (see Boardwalk Empire S2, Bored to Death S3), but some others like True Blood and Entourage, do suffer from the fact that because nobody it’s telling them anything they don’t worry or think hard enough on certain storylines (I mean, REALLY, Sookie did not notice her grandpa was missing for 6 episodes??)…

• DarkDefender says:

Not the best example.. TB seasons generally span less than a 1-2 week period total (except for the two time jumps they have done). Niall was likely gone less than a day and a half tops.

• Sarah says:

I agree that the plot lines have gotten so ridiculous that its painful to watch… But that is not just on the current showrunner. After all Alan Ball was in charge during the pitiful 5th season. It all started with him and its just continuing on. Was this show ever a truly well-written one? Sorry I just don’t see that it was. Sookie is a pathetic character but her downfall started several seasons ago. Like I said, you can’t put all its problems on the new showrunner. And I think you always need to understand that this show has always expected us to suspend moral disbelief. Even the abuse that you speak of has been shown in previous seasons with other characters. I’m just trying to say that you certainly can’t put all the shows problems onto the new showrunner. The problems that you speak of we’re in place l

10. I have to say, yes, end it on S7! I really like that the new bad guys for season 7 will be almost every vampire out there. So it seems like a natural stopping point for the show, to not just “find a magical cure” on the last episode of S7, and basically reverse everything that lead to it.

If S7 it’s really the last one, I would love to finally see Bill die (maybe when Sookie finally forgives him, then he dies), and maybe Tara and Pam too (I really like those two), but it would be great to have that happen on the penultime episode or something like that.

• che says:

I agree with Bil dying. He started out as a nice vamp-then he lost it. Why kill Eric? He didnt have a major part any how. He was just getting some when he orchestrated the escape from the vamp camp. Where is this going? Why not try to stick a little to Charlaine Harris’ books? I read all of them and she was never boring. How did Niall get back? So many questions! I love Eric and I may watch, but it wont be the same without his dry sense of humor

• millarca21 says:

In my opinion the show would be improved by Bill finally dying. I actually thought he had when he dissolved into a puddle of goo, before he rose again as Billith. I do not understand how exorcising the Lilith part allowed the Bill part to remain, because the Bill part had been destroyed. Just one of the things that don’t make sense about this show. Anyhow, the ongoing seesaw “romance” between Sookie and Bill is a joke. It became a joke when she forgot/overlooked the Rattray reveal at the end of Season 3. It seems Bill can say and do the most outrageous things to Sookie, and generally, and she will always forgive him, despite what she may say to or about him at the time. This makes poor old Sookie seem like a fool. OK there are other things that make her seem like a fool too, but this is a major one. It’s hard to root for a leading lady who is as stupid and inconsistent as Sookie.

11. t86 says:

I think eight season is a better option. more time to end things properly. but, let’s see how things go in S7.

12. Emily says:

Yeah, let’s just call it a day and get this ridiculous Bill and Sookie reunion over with. The way the new showrunner is talking you can tell they’re heading back there for reasons unexplainable to pretty much everyone.

• Mollie says:

Bill and Sookie’s love story has always been at the center of the show.

• Sarah says:

Yeah I especially love all their scenes of fighting, hate sex, and Bill calling her an abomination. What a love story, can’t wait to see now much worse this gets!

13. katrina says:

I think Sookie’s story has 1 more season, but the show has more.

• what drives me crazy especailly when the name of the show is so general that they showrunners have to stick with the same characters again and again and again!!! is not castle , is not buffy is called true blood!!! kill off sookie and bill and bring new more dynamic characters!! since the show is on cable and particulary hbo and since they can do whatever they want make this show the most original and surreal ever.

14. sab says:

Sookie is the central character. I never really liked her character and don’t know what else can be done with her to make her less insufferable. I do like her shipped with Bill but I agree Bill needs to go. The characters aren’t fleshed out in a compelling way because plot and new characters seem to take precedence. If you are too busy trying to top the previous season with more sex/violence/latest big bad then the show is bound to lose. If next season is not going to be used to make any compelling changes to bring me back as a fan of the show, then it should go off the air. Stephen Moyer has been recently cast in Sound of Music so what does this mean for his character? the show itself? Would pulling from the novels at this point help the show? Does it matter?

• erik says:

Moyer being cast in the Sound of Music likely won’t have any effect on True Blood, since its a one time live performance, sure there will be rehearsals and stuff but he’s not being cast in a month long movie, and i’m almost certain he wouldn’t have been cast if they couldn’t work around his True Blood schedule.

• Mollie says:

Stephen Moyer’s Christmas project in The Sound of Music will not affect him starring as Bill in True Blood. He does many other things off season,as do a lot of other cast members. It’s the great thing for them about having a summer HBO steady gig:) they can take other jobs. Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are the first two principle male and female leads in TB. Neither one of them are going anywhere.

15. TVDIVA says:

The first two seasons were wonderful, but after that the show went off the reservation, jumped the shark – just went in too many directions with too many characters, fairies, werewolves, etc. They need to get back to the core characters of the show and focus on them. But that is not going to happen so yes, end the show in season 7.

16. M3rc Nate says:

Heres my think, if they end it next season, i think its more like putting it out of its misery. Yes, im sure it gets good enough numbers, but for many seasons now (especially this one), the show is wishy-washy! With people leaving and entering and changing stories around and re-shoots and the like…this past season was full of episodes that were like “wait what? Where is this going?” then it ends (finale) and we are like “wait WHAT? After all that stuff, making Bill god, and bringing the oldest vampire who is also a fairy (Warlow) then just killing him off quickly? WTF”. It has been so jumbled like they dont know what direction they actually want to go.

My point is, if this continues, yes, bring TB out behind the bar and stake it. The show had potential and some awesome characters but it was handled/written/showlead poorly. (remind you of any other show? COUGH the walking dead COUGH).

However, if they can finally get a showrunner/writers who have a PLAN, fully thought out that is GOOD, for the next 1-3 seasons…True Blood could easily turn around and be a GREAT show.

My opinion? Its time to be done with Sookie, shes played out, shes just a victim/love square/sex doll character. The show used to be (season 1) about us experiencing this world through her…now she is just the one always whining and getting banged/hit on by one of the huge super handsome male monsters (Eric, Alcide, Bill, Warlow for a while, etc). I love what the character did for Anna but that character is a shell of what it once was. As for direction? True Blood writers need to find an amazing lore again. They wasted all the Vampire Bible and Jesus was a vampire and first Vampire (Lilith) and Warlow on this season. That could have been a much more awesome, slower burning, many small reveals story line. They need to create/write some other amazing characters like Godric, Eric, etc. It used to be cool when Bill said he was 200, and Eric said he was 1100 (or w/e) and then Godric was 2000+ years old…that was all awesomely mind blowing and we (real humans) are so fascinated by living that long. But then they ruin that with Warlow and Lilith and how fast/jumbled they play that story out.

Overall…as usual, start writing better and running the show better, and theres still meat on the bones. Kill off some characters, (Sookie, Tara, etc)…bring in some new exciting faces/characters with great stories/arcs, and get some real meat on the episodes bones, instead of relying on looks and nudity. I swear if this show had average looking and overweight characters, this show would be cancelled lol. But cause its hot vampire men and big hot werewolf men and nudity and sex scenes and lust stories of people that are all gorgeous, it gets viewership even when the arcs/stories/characters are poorly written.

17. Superhero says:

OH GOD PLEASE YES END THIS MISERABLE MISERABLE SHOW PLEASE.

18. Rob says:

I hope we get at least two more seasons of True Blood. If they can write some really great arcs it would be awesome to have three more 10 ep seasons to bring the series total to 100!

19. gio88 says:

am i the only who don’t like the entire arc of autorithy/lilith/warlow?i liked the “idea” the the weters have gone too far with these stories! in my opinion this s what ruined true blood , it was much more interesting when we had menad , kings , queen , werepanthers ecc.. when the stories were simple , but solid!

20. gio88 says:

and by the way it seems that they are adding random characters to the cast willa?violet?or even nora or luna sicne season 5? all useless character that have given more nonsense to the story….

21. DarkDefender says:

Doesn’t really matter to me. I’m kinda over it all. I’ll catch whatever seasons they have left when they hit DVD’s and I can get them from the public library.
    I would totally watch a LaLa/Ghost of Terry spin-off, though.

22. mac says:

The show needs at least two more seasons, it’s getting fresh wind again and I really wouldn’t want it to be over :/

23. Waitingsux says:

Much as it pains me to say it, but HBO needs to cancel it. The writing is horrendous and it’s clear they want Sookie and Bill (gag!) to end up together. So the ratings will be non-existent when that happens.

• Maryann says:

The new showrunner has totally breathed new life into True Blood, and made it into a really superb show again. I feel like it is newly reborn and could go for an indefinite number of future seasons, particularly now that he has tied off the terrible loose ends left by the old showrunner (Bilith? please!) and can do his own story lines. And this is after the previous season that made me feel like we couldn’t put the show out of its misery fast enough.

• Maryann says:

To me, the perfect ending would be for us to have Bill back to where he was when the show started, Bill and Sookie together, Eric off to great adventures, and Alcide dead. Can’t stand that guy lol

• WTActualF says:

Lol. Good or you, but Bill and Sookie do not draw in big numbers. Most people are over them as a couple.

• Mollie says:

Bill and Sookie’s love story was initially for some people the draw into watching True Blood in the first place. The actors have so much heat together, they don’t even have to take off their clothes. True Blood never falls out of the top 5 most watched cable shos, drawing between 4.3 and 4.5 MILLION people to HBO every episode. So there are a lot of people watching:)

24. Miles says:

At least two more seasons please. I know the ratings and viewership has declined this year but the show remains a juggernaut for HBO. I truly can’t imagine summers without Bon Temps. I really like that the show runners are hearing the fans and getting back to the core cast. Season six was excellent and the finale, though flawed, was still incredible. Twelve episodes next year too please.

25. Diane says:

one or two more seasons then stop.

26. DavidSask says:

It’s no longer a Sunday draw ratings wise, and they never listen to their fans, time to put a stake in it!!!

• Mollie says:

Are you kidding? The show has never been out of the top 5 HBO hits. Over 4 million peopl around the world watch TB episodes on Sundays or Mondays. But it’s the merchandise that sells and makes the most money. DVDs, t~ shirts, mugs, posters, jewelry, comic books, etc. anything and everything with True Blood on it. So HBO will think long and hard before they cancel on of their greatest money~makers ever:)

27. alistaircrane says:

NOOOO!!!!!! This show needs to stay on for as long as possible!!! It’s my favourite Sunday night show! I want even more than seven seasons…the seasons are so short. If each season were 22 episodes, then I could understand wanting to end it next season. But there are only 10-12 episodes per season…True Blood should go for at least ten seasons.

28. Out says:

It’s painfully obvious that they would much rather give up and cancel the show than allow Eric and Sookie to get together.
    They have at their disposal the use of a 1000-year-old VIKING VAMPIRE, and they’re not even TRYING to use him even partially effectively. Imagine all the story lines they COULD be inventing!!
    The show could **EASILY** go another 2 – 3 seasons/years if they would dump the bad writers, runners, and extraneous characters, and get over their Eric and Sookie phobia

• Jen says:

Preach it! If only they would listen to us (the majority of the fans) instead of trying to shove the Bill/Sookie show down our throats, ratings might go up. It’s not coincidence that the show’s ratings peaked after Eric and Sookie got together in season 4 (around 4×08 or 4×09). Every season they keep them apart, the ratings drift downwards.

But it’s like trying to save a sinking ship if you aren’t willing to fix the giant hole in the bottom of the boat. No matter how fast you bail, you are never going to stay afloat unless you fix the leak. The insistence that Bill and Sookie are the center of the show and must inevitably reunite at all costs is the giant hole in the middle of True Blood.

Look at Sookie. Half the viewers despise her, because she keeps running back to Bill and men like him. Warlow was just Bill pumped up on steroids. She was doing so well the first half of the season, actually getting likable and taking charge of her own life and NOT falling for the manipulative guy who sweet-talked her. Then, for no apparent reason, she suddenly decides to fall on his crotch and BOOM! there went her character for the season.

Of course, though, Sookie can’t actually get together with Warlow for GOOD, because he’s not Bill. So Warlow’s magically made bad again in the last episode (talk about character whiplash), just in time for Bill to save her (gag). Bill can’t have an interesting character arc as a villain, either, because that would mess up the Bill and Sookie reunion. As soon as he saves the vampires in the white room, Bill is magically free of Lilith, with no lasting consequences whatsoever. We never do find out what the prophecy meant, or what Lilith truly wanted. Two stories that had the potential to be really entertaining, both ruined to preserve the Bill and Sookie show.

It’s like the characters are stuck in a holding pattern because the writers won’t let them change or grow. They are too wedded to the idea that Bill and Sookie always have to come back to each other. So the show keeps retreading the same, tired ground. The writers keep making her stupid and him annoying to serve this relationship that most of us are thoroughly sick of.

Let her move on to Eric! Let Bill get as evil as he wants to be! Free the show up creatively, follow where it leads, and I bet you’ll see an improvement in ratings and viewer satisfaction. If they did that, the show probably has 2, maybe three more seasons in it. If not, why bother to even make the seventh season, since we all know how it ends?

• Mollie says:

Sorry jan, but True Blood is not ~ and never was~ about Eric and Sookie. It’s taken 6 years for some people to finally realize this.

• Sarah says:

Yep, the ratings were reaching highs by season four, that’s no coincidence. They have great chemistry and that dynamic has yet to be explored. I’d love to see more Eric and Sookie.

• Ben says:

lmao at the shipper fangirls who believe that eric and sookie romance is the key to the show’s survival

they had their chance and it didn’t work, they lacked the chemistry they had so it’s natural that the writers dropped it

the show does have problems but they won’t be magically solved by putting eric and sookie together.

I see what you’re doing there, shippers.

LOL

• Mollie says:

Anna Paquin did an interview where she talked about the ‘chemistry read’ in Hollywood. It is something that the Lead male and female actor have to do before the final decision as to whether or not they get the job . The producers want to see the male and female on film together to see if they *click* as a couple. Well Anna & Stephen have the ‘IT’ factor, hands down. ASkars first tried out for the part of Bill Compton because he knew that was the Leading Male part. On TB, Sookie was with Eric when he had amnesia. And that was the only time they were together. From the way we viewed the events in the season 6 finale, it appears that TB is going full circle and putting back together the star~crossed lovers, Bill&Sookie, whose romance was interrupted in season 3. But they have always loved each other. This makes perfect sense to me:)

• sab says:

Thanks for saying this. Putting Eric & Sooks together is NOT going to save the show. I know good chemistry when I see it and those two don’t have it. They are attractive separatly but have no chemistry together (please don’t bombard me with responses to this, MY PERSONAL OPINION). The show has other more fundamental issues to work out and if they can do it in 1-2 seasons then please go for it. But it seems as if the show is just spinning its’s wheels. VISION. FOCUS. End the show on a high note and don’t make these great actors regret taking on the show (Grey’s Anatomy I’m looking at YOU!)

29. Truefan says:

What started out as a terrific show has turned into a fiasco. I enjoyed the first 4 seasons and its gone downhill rapidly after that.The writing and plots are ludicrous . The show runner was going to go in a different direction and improve the show? I don’t think he did that . It’s become exasperating to watch this show. Put trueblood out of its misery. HBO can come up with a new show. But please, please don’t use the same writers. They’ve ruined trueblood .

30. Plum says:

Here’s an idea, fire the crappy writers and keep the great actors. Why penalize the actors and the fans for the atrocious writing?

Brian Bucker’s claim to fame should be replacing Brannon Braga as the most loathed and despised hack writer of all time.

31. dude says:

Last season I would have said that this show needs to end pronto but Season 6 was one of their best seasons bar none and it sounds like Season 7 is going to be just as good so I’d hold off until Season 8 to end it.

32. Marie says:

True Blood was great when they were somehow following the books a little (Season 1-4). Since it went off track, it kinda sucks.

33. Paul says:

True blood should could but they can always do a spin off . “like My fairy little life”

34. Sammy says:

There are still so many loose ends. I think they should use 7 to tie them all up and kill off a few useless characters (I think Alcide dying in the premier would be a really lovely start). Then they can have a clean slate going into an epic 8th and final season

35. Isabella says:

It’s only on like 10 weeks of the entire year and its great summer watching, why not keep it going? Sure it’s ridiculous and the storylines are all over the place but it’s a fun little whirlwind that comes and goes and then you have a year of normality again. I think few more seasons couldn’t hurt.

36. truebloodpam says:

spin of with Pam and Tara !!!

37. Romy says:

They need two more seasons at least! No way they end the series with a Bill/Sookie/Alcide triangle! I’m so tired of all that Bill crap! The writers of the show are trying so hard to shove him down our throat… Let’s not kid ourselves, the most popular male character on the show is Eric. The proof being the global outrage after the season finale! Do you know of many showrunner who had to release official statement after their finale regarding their cliffhanger because fans were threatening to stop watching the show and cancel their HBO subscription?

• Liz says:

It’s true, True Blood unfortunately has some rather vocal, rabid & immature fans, who threaten… well, everybody & everyone who do not worship Eric. That’s sad, but I believe the large & silent majority do watch and is happy with the direction the show is taking: less storyline, back in Bon Temps, more Bill & Sookie (though that does not mean we forget Eric, I like that character).

• Jen says:

Right. Keep telling yourself about that “large and silent majority”, while I keep reading posts from viewers absolutely enraged with the finale. It wasn’t just the apparent death of Eric, BTW, but the treatment of his character was the most OTT bad. Try to think about it from a logical POV: what show devotes an entire episode to mourning a secondary character (Terry), then offs one of the three leads in less than a minute with no mourning at all? Does that make ANY sense to you? It didn’t to a majority of viewers–silent, vocal, intermittently outspoken, whatever. Hence the outcry. Keep trying to call the fans names, but Eric fans make up a huge chunk of the show’s audience. You throw them out, and there aren’t enough viewers to make it worth HBO’s time and money to make the show. I think you’re also dead wrong about how viewers contemplate more Bill and Sookie, too. Most of the viewers I’ve read posted variations on “over my dead body,” “let’s just stop watching NOW,” and “way to make me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon, True Blood writers!” Does that sound like there’s a huge fanbase for the Bill/Sookie reunion tour? We had three seasons of them, and a relationship that ended not just badly, but NUCLEAR levels of bad (he nearly killed her, they had awful hate sex, and then we learned their entire relationship was based up on a lie). You don’t come back from that. It’s insulting to ANY woman to think she’d take Bill back after the events of the past six seasons. They can only reunite them by making Sookie into a doormat without two brain cells to rub together. I can’t root for a woman like that, or watch a show where that’s “romantic”.

• Lindie7 says:

Yes, Jen, you’re absolutely right. There;s a trend of calling Eric fans “rabid”, “immature”, etc, while the Bill fans are framed as “silent” and “mature”. Many, not all, of the pro-Bill/Sookie posters devolve into name-calling instead of arguing their points with facts or observations. Sookie running to Bill is like an abuse victim running back to their abuser, and there is no way that that can be viewed as romantic. Forgive him, maybe, but he should not even be considered a viable suitor after everything he’s done to her. That would be a travesty.

• Lindie7 says:

I agree. I think it needs two seasons in order to move the story to the end in a way that doesn’t feel rushed.

• Ruby says:

Wow, you take this really personally. Why must fans use entertainment to validate their own lives? That’s so weird.

• Mollie says:

I think you are right there, Ruby. Alan Ball is not showcasing domestic violence and abuse. He is using the vampires in TB to examine the themes of prejudice, tolerance, co~existing with others not like yourself, redemption and forgiveness. He also is making some statements about religion, cults and people loving someone for who they are, not what they are. And he started all of this with the love story of Bill & Sookie. Mistakes have been made by both of them. But after 6 seasons, TB is showing us that Bill&Sookie still long to be together. Some folks may not like it. But that’s the way it is. If I am watching a show and it is not pleasing me or going in a direction I like, I switch the channel and don’t invest in wasting my time on something that is frustrating to me. Ranting and raving about a cable show that is not being written to your satisfaction just makes a person look like a nut case.

• Mollie says:

Mr. Buckner really did nothing unusual in saying what might occur after a cliffhanger. Alan Ball did exactly the same thing when Bill was missing after the season 2 cliffhanger. And there was a lot of talk about Sookie going with Claudine at end of season 3. Whether Tara would survive or not after season 4 was discussed and the answer was always’Tara will be back but we cannot say how.’ So there is nothing new about a show runner answering a question partially without giving everything away. In regards to Bill, TB doesn’t have to push Bill on anyone. The credits roll every episode. And it clearly shows Anna Paquin as the Lead Female. And Stephen Moyer as the Lead Male in this HBO Series called True Blood. For anyone to think that another cast member is going to usurp their roles is an exercise in futility, wishful~thinking, and just lacking a basic understanding of how Hollywood works. ASkars is popular. But just as every player on a football team has a certain position, the wide receiver cannot play quarterback. The linebackers cannot punt the ball. And the water boy will never be the team coach. Everybody has to play their own position.

• sab says:

Mollie, you said it perfectly, I think. I never saw the show in this way, but you have something there. Sooks and Bill are the show and Eric is a major player. Maybe it didn’t start out this way especially in how the show has veered so drastically away from the books in many significant ways, but the actors seem to be the center of the show if not the characters. Now wouldn’t it be interesting if Bill was killed off, especially since he wasn’t a sustaining character in the books? Hmm…guess a lot of folks would be happy from my understanding. This doesn’t seem to be that kind of show though, killing off a major player.

38. Liz says:

I think it has TWO more seasons in it. I want to see Bill’s redemption, and him happy with Sookie. I want to know what will happen to Eric & Pam. And Jason, Jessica, Arlene & Lafayette, Sam… this is such a great cast, and I’m glad that it seems to show is getting back that “season 1″ feeling…
    I’ll watch, definitely.

• Jackie69 says:

Really liz you want Sookie and Bill together? What show have you ‘ve been watching ! Bill does not deserve Sookie’s forgiveness and if the writers make Sookie fall in love with Bill again so everybody there in HBO are insane! I’m not saying that Sookie should be with Eric but at least with a man that really completes and respects her!!!!

• Mollie says:

True Blood season 6 finale is clearly showing us that Bill & Sookie love each other and want to be together. Sookie was ultimately saved from Whinelow by Bill ‘s intervention with Sookie’s family and friends. Sookie made google eyes at Bill while watching him on tv for at least 2 minutes. That’s a long Tim in a 53~ minute show. Sam mentioned Bill’s name in church and camera gave Sookie another close~up. And at the end, the exchange between Bill/Sookie/Alcide was the classic love triangle where the jealous transition guy (Alcide) tries to hold on to his new girlfriend by thinking he can keep her heart under wraps by keeping her physically away from the man she truly loves. It’s a no~brainier where this story is headed for season 7:)

39. Maryann says:

40. Marlene Emmett says:

I’ve watched every Episode,Season & Repeat of Trueblood.
    I’m in for the LONG HAUL.
    Really hope that the show gets two more seasons?
    Can’t wait for Season 7 to air?
    I guess that you could call me a Major TrueBlood Fan.
    I can talk the show 24-7-365 and NOT get bored.
    I can discuss/debate plot/storyline points endlessly and know friends who do the same
    And we take apart episodes with a “Fine tooth comb”

41. Draga says:

I want 8 seasons …

8 seasons is great !

42. Mel says:

Absolutely give it two more seasons. The writers need to start writing for the end, but I think one season is not enough time for the proper wrap up. Plus it gives all of us fans time to get used to the idea the end is near.

43. Lisa says:

I don’t want it to end. But if it is let’s get Sookie and Sam together fast!!!!!

44. Tara says:

Yes continue with True Blood and lets get back to Billand Sookie again! Thank you for staying far from the Eric and Sookie sinking ship, like the actors said in interviews those two are just awkward and no chemistry!

45. luvi says:

who the fu@k said that eric and sookie has no chemistry what show are you watching tara are your brain cells remove or your eyes need clearing bcuz your totally are brain dead

• Tara says:

Hey it is MY OPINION….FREE COUNTRY, and Bill and Sookie were the only couple that made sense, and they have hot chemistry no matter what they are doing on screen together!!

• Tara says:

Oh and i believe it was Skars who said he felt like he was making those scenes with his sister, i guess because he considers Anna and Stephen a home away from home.

46. AnnieM says:

I think the only positives that came from straying from the books are:
    – Lafayette lives.
    – Arlene stays a nice person.
    – Tara as a black woman, with a completely different life.
    – Creating the character of Jessica. I adore her, and her daughter/father relationship with Bill is probably my favorite on the show. Reminds me a little of Buffy & Giles.

For anyone who has not read the books, perhaps you should. Book Sookie is a much more likeable person than TV Sookie. And there is way more Eric. And Elvis. ;-)

• Mollie says:

The father/daughter relationship between Bill and Jessica has been one of the most enjoyable surprises about True Blood. They started off rocky, funny and frustrating for Bill. But now, Jessica is Bill’s sounding board and like every child, the apple of Bill’s eye. Their scenes together are so great. Have to add, the actor Deborah Ann Woll was amazing with her ‘Jessica’s Prayer, ‘ when a baby vampire prayed for all her friends~ vampires and humans ~ to be okay during the Lillith crisis. And she asked God to ‘bless Bill, ‘ her maker. It was one of the most awesome moments on True Blood:)

• Emma says:

Oh, I agree, the relationship between Bill & Jessica is one of the most touching in the show… I couldn’t compare it to Eric & Pam, as with E & P, there is sexual tension. They had sex, and I think theirs is a love between a man & a woman, not a father/daughter relationship like with Bill & Jess.

47. Tuney says:

Where the heck is BUBBA???

48. redjane12 says:

Put this show out of its misery. The current showrunner/writers do not know what to do with the show and particularly with the protagonist (Sookie)… The showrunner felt the need (or was prodded by HBO’s powers) to explain what happened in the finale cause they weren’t able to produce an episode that the audience could actually understand… Not a sign of good television IMO

• Liz says:

Right, and if he had said nothing he would have been an *sshole, right? Buckner & the writers can never win with you people.

• redjane12 says:

You are right, after the mess that was the finale, they were damned whether they said something or not. Not sure who ‘my people’ are, but I believe (just me, not speaking for anyone else), if you need to explain to your public what they tried to do with the finale, you obviously didn’t deliver great TV. This is not Shakespeare, it should not need author’s notes… Again just my personal opinion…
        Jane

49. Ben says:

I love this hot mess of a show, it’s my guilty pleasure and I love to watch it even when it sucks (pun intended). I would love if there were 10 seasons of it. True Blood has a lot of entartaining value, it’s a keeper.