TVLine Items: Battlestar Vet Lands Another CW Gig, Samberg and Ansari Roast Franco and More
Battlestar Gallactica/Dollhouse fave Tahmoh Penikett is set to take The CW by storm this season, first with his previously reported role on Supernatural and then with a newly announced recurring gig on Star-Crossed.
The futuristic sci-fi drama, bowing at midseason, centers on the aftermath of the government integrating a society of teen aliens (aka Atrians) with a group of humans.
Per E! Online, Penikett joins as a mysterious SEU (Sector Enforcement Unit) officer whose duties include supervising the Atrian sector’s walls.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Andy Samberg and Parks and Rec‘s Aziz Ansari will take part in the Comedy Central Roast of James Franco, EW.com reports. The pair joins Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live) and Jonah Hill (This Is the End), among others, for the Labor Day event.
• Another day, another American Idol story: Mega-music producer Dr. Luke — the man behind hits like Kelly Clarkson’s “Since U Been Gone” and Taio Cruz’s “Dynamite” — is now in talks to join the judging panel for the Fox competition series’ upcoming revamped 13th season.
• Cybill Shepherd (The Client List) will guest-star in Season 15 episode of Law & Order: SVU. Per TV Guide Magazine, she’ll play a Paula Deen-esque restaurant owner who allegedly murders an unarmed black teen in a hoodie. (Sound familiar?)
• Cole Hauser will star opposite Thandie Newton in Season 2 of the DirecTV crime drama Rogue, which bows in 2014.
• Outsourced alum Ben Rappaport has landed the lead in USA Network’s comedy pilot Love Is Dead, Deadline reports. The project is described as a “comedic exploration of modern romance in reverse” — aka, the break-up comes first.
• The penultimate Season 2 episode of A&E’s Longmire on Monday night hit a season high in the 25-54 demo and delivered its largest audience and best 18-49 rating since the May 27 season opener. The sophomore drama stands as A&E’s most watched scripted series.
• Dog With a Blog Season 2 premieres Friday, Sept. 20 at 8:30/7:30c on Disney Channel.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?