Castle Casts Chuck Alum in Time-Trippy Role

Castle Season 6 Cast Joshua GomezChuck alum Joshua Gomez once again finds himself in a Castle, with a guest-starring role on ABC’s Monday-night drama.

RELATED | Castle Exclusive: What Does a Client List Star Want With Rick?

Per EW.com, TV’s erstwhile Morgan Grimes will appear in the fifth episode of Season 6 as a murder suspect who claims to have traveled from the future to prevent a cataclysmic event from happening. (Um, hello — the Beckett/Vaughn kiss was, like, four months ago.)

RELATED | Castle: Lisa Edelstein Joins Season 6 Cast — What’s Her Connection to Beckett?

Gomez of course follows in the footsteps of fellow Chuck alum (and Firefly vet) Adam Baldwin as well as (as readers have noted) Gomez’s Chuck love interest Mekenna Melvin and Bonita “General Beckman” Friedericy. This marks the actor’s first TV role since bidding Chuck‘s own “Castle” adieu.

ABC’s Castle returns with new episodes on Monday, Sept. 23.

1. Concerned says:

Ugh, every time I click on a Castle article I half expect to finally see an apology from “4-Day Fillion.” I like to keep up with the comings and goings of the show, but no way Im watching this season until that happens. Hey, maybe this character can go back in time and tell him what a PR disaster it will be if Nathan actually didnt show up on set so he can get a 4 day work week.

• Jerri says:

Get over yourself, Concerned.

• Lauren says:

For real. Didn’t the story read he showed up for work the very next day? Last I heard it was all a non-issue, everything is honky dory.

• Drew says:

Just deciding not to show up for work when dozens (hundreds) of people depend on that work is kinda d-baggy. I’m no Fillion hater, but it doesn’t make him look good.

• Badpenny says:

You do realize the entire adult cast of Modern Family did a hold-out last year, right? Not showing up for work is a quite common way in the industry of making your point to the studio.

• Samuel says:

From the tweets of the production team that day we know they were working on that day, so “halt production” is totally an exaggeration. And contracts were actor’s private matter. They probably have confidential/non-disclosure agreement, that they can’t, and they won’t talk about it in public. So we will never know.

• Sean says:

I often wonder if these are fans of other shows, one in particular, that keeps coming to the Castle articles to stir up trouble. Get over yourself and go back to your other show’s message board. Loser.

• Martine says:

Why would a fan from other shows want to stir up trouble for “your” show? thats extremely stupid. Not to mention that this is not a site for any show. Its just some teeny site for incorrect ratings, mostly, that no one even pays attention to. Id say if someone left a comment its because they wanted to say what they said, no ulterior motive needed.

• Alan says:

you are on the internet, people go to a lot of trouble to stir up arguments here; ive seen people do more to start arguments over less.

• OneLifeToLive says:

That’s ridiculous they are just expressing their opinion. I also have to agree 4day fillion ruined the show for me

• Just one thing says:

@OneLifetoLive – “4-Day Fillion” ruined a show you claim to have loved so much that you have to sign all your posts with the soap he used to work on?
            You realize that makes it hard to believe you were ever really a fan, right? Lulz And this is coming from someone who believes in his great professional reputation, but isn’t much of a fan myself.

• Just one thing says:

I can think of one show in particular whose fans might do that, but who knows? Maybe Concerned is too legit to quit. We’ll never know for sure.

• Just one thing says:

Holy random TVLine bashing, Batman. I would say given the industry folks who give TVLine exclusives and interviews, it is safe to say people DO pay attention to this site.
          Anyway, have you never heard of trolls?

• Underthebridge says:

Oh u are so ridiculous. Why is someone a troll or a plant just because they have an opinion about an actor who did something really crappy and it’s affected their view of the show? So ridiculous. Are people trolls for not wanting to watch Paula deen after what she did? They’re not allowed to comment on it on websites pertaining to it?

• Tom Benson says:

JOT, you hit the nail on the head. A troll.Notice a lack of defense from “Concerned”.

• Concerned says:

Umm wow. So much negativity I don’t even know where to begin. Lets see first off I am not a troll or whatever u want to call it. I wasn’t even sure what “one” show u were referring to until u guys said bones. Second of all, I’m not “defending” myself because I don’t check back to see if my comment made ripples I just read the article then commented. End of story. Why that makes me a loser I am not sure.

Bottom line – I liked the show and the actor until he did something I found to be reprehensible with no apology. I’m a hard worker, I work five days, so should he. How can any of you who make an honest wage and an honest living serious say any different? Ru people nuts? He comes off as entitled and he hurt his crew and I have more dignity than you people apparently and I won’t stand for it. And if I want to comment on it, I can do that too.

And another thing, it’s absurd to say its a private matter none of our business etc etc. guess what people? It’s 2013. If something is put in the public view, it ain’t private anymore. He absolutely needs to give an apology or they should recast him with someone who wants to work.

Also, look at these comments, I ain’t the only one who feels like this clearly. I’m boycotting Castle. My friends and family are boycotting Castle. I hope we are able in the online community to make some sort of impact to send a message that this behavior is not ok. So in closing, am I a troll? No I just want to feel good about the shows in watching.

• Darksiders says:

Wow well said. Good for you I totally get where you’re coming from

• Just one thing says:

I’m sorry if you feel like you’ve been attacked, Concerned. And if you are, as you say, a former Castle fan, I’m sorry for suggesting you were a troll.
          I just find it strange. As I’ve asked before, did you only watch for Nathan Fillion? If so, then I guess there really must not be anything else worth watching. (Though a serious fan of someone is generally more inclined to give that person the benefit of the doubt.)
          There is more to the show than Nathan Fillion, however, including about 6-7 other actors, a handful of writers and directors, and hundreds of other crew members. So, if you liked the show for other aspects beyond Fillion as well, there should be plenty of those other factors in the new season. And boycotting the show — regardless of its impact — really punishes everyone involved with the series, not just one person.
          As other posters have mentioned, Fillion’s move was on par with the same tactic other actors have employed over the years. The difference? Unlike when Patricia Heaton did it on Everybody Loves Raymond, or when George Eads and Jorja Fox did it on CSI, or when the adult cast of Modern Family did it last year, it appears Fillion’s goal was not to make more money. (Though, really, no one can be sure of that. We can only go by what little was reported.)

• Mary says:

I´ll say it again…I also work 5 days a week, but I don´t work 10 or more hours a day like he does, I don´t go to work at 3 or 4 a.m. because that´s when a location or something like that is available! And yes, it´s HIS business and a private thing; after all, HE wasn´t the one making it public or discussing it, there weren´t anyone from the show (actors or crew) complaining, and the fiming didn´t stop! So, just because you feel insulted, he should apologize to you? Because, again, if anyone from the show complained, he doesn´t owe aplogies to them. Whatever the reason he had to do it, it´s his issue; I don´t expect any of my team workers to take care of my professional issues with my boss, when I think I have something to be taken care of I go and do it myself; that´s what he was doing, plain and simple!
          Now, I won´t call you a troll, but IMO you are totally wrong! And just because a few other people agree with you, doesn´t mean you are right and I have to agree! And if you, and your entire family, are boycoting the show, then any of you are or were a real fan, because by doing so you are passing the message that all the other actors in the show aren´t worth of your time to watch their work! And if, by any miracle, you were able to convince the majority to not watch, the show would be cancelled and they wouldn´t be working, at least for some time! The point is, thank God I´m sure you´ll only convince your family and a few others, because the majority of the people can think by themselves!
          And if you “only want to feel good about the shows you are watching”, you shouldn´t read gossip, because I´m sure sooner or later something will pop about them that won´t let you feel good (after all, that always happen):)
          Now, am I defending NF? No, I just don´t know the story behind it, and as I explained why, I think it´s his life. And that´s my opinion.

• dmr says:

Wait, you have more “dignity” than me because you feel offended if someone works 1 day less than you, BUT the fact that he probably works more hours in 4 days than YOU in 5 days doesn´t offend you?! Well, the hell you have more dignity than me!

• eridapa says:

David Boreanaz is that u?

• Ms.Georgia says:

OK, that made me LOL! He really is bitter about the popularity of Castle. I love when he calls Brennan “Beckett” in interviews. :)

• Just one thing says:

It is truly bizarre, and I hold no ill will against the guy. But when I hear people compare Brennan and Beckett like they are carbon copies of one another, it makes me wonder about that person’s critical thinking skills.

• Ms.Georgia says:

I don’t understand his bitterness. In the end he’s going to get the last laugh because Bones has gone 9 seasons, and Hart wants to do 10 because that would make the episode count equal to the number of bones in the human body, while Nathan has already said in interviews that he wants to do other things once his 7-season contract on Castle is up.

• Alan says:

how exactly is that the last laugh? 7 seasons is a fantastic run for any show to have and everyone involved would be proud of that

• Just one thing says:

Exactly, Ms. Georgia. Regardless of the show’s performance and ABC’s investment, if Castle goes beyond 7 seasons, I’ll be incredibly shocked. So yes, why Boreanaz (and Hanson, for that matter) has felt so threatened by Castle is beyond me.

• Just one thing says:

Alan, it’s nothing against the show’s accomplishments if it doesn’t reach Bones’ length on the air. But it would be a “last laugh” for those who choose to be petty.
            I really wish Hanson, Boreanaz and even Marlowe had never entertained the discussion of comparing the two shows, because about the only thing they have in common is nearly a whiplash-inducing way of using comedy and drama from week to week.

• Concerned says:

No response to my rebuttal, just one thing? Maybe U are the troll.

• Mary says:

And I half expect to NOT see comments like yours again…you should make your name some justice and go “concern” about something else, because believe me there are a lot of things that really deserve people´s concerns! A tv show?! No, not really! You don´t want to watch, you don´t, but stop putting the blame for that in an actor, because the show is about much more than just an actor, unless you were watching “Castle” just because NF is there!

• Maria says:

The entire Writers’ Guild went on strike a few years back, shutting down production for pretty much every scripted show on tv. Are you still losing sleep over that?

• Darksiders says:

You realize this makes no sense right? They were taking a stand for the good of their community against unfair practices. Fillion just wante a three day weekend. Um no comparison.

• Alan says:

well heres a tip: read the headline. if it doesnt mention anything about the non-issue you keep harping on about then dont read the article because you will just be disappointed.

2. Eric says:

Josh Gomez returns to TV on a show that I already watch! This means I won’t have to go out of my way to watch it, because I would watch anything he’s in! Huzzah!

3. Lysh says:

Yay! I’ve missed him.

4. Andy says:

This is terrific news.

5. Kate says:

I don’t know him, but I’m very excited for this episode!

6. Sean says:

This is awesome news! I’m a HUGE Chuck fan as well as Castle! I still miss Chuck and so glad to see another alumni on Castle. Now if we can get Zachary and Yvonne to make a guest appearance, i’d be in Heaven. I can’t wait to see this episode. Castle spoilers are making the new season out to be another good one!

7. I still miss Chuck on TV but I don’t know if the series gives the rights to air repeats either on syndication and/or on a cable network. BTW, still got the complete series of all five seasons on DVD.

8. Tim says:

And fellow Chuck alum Mekenna Melvin appeared in this past season’s finale.

9. dude says:

as a huge fan of Chuck i was thinking it was Joshua then Bam

10. Sam says:

Was it really a kiss she pushed him away?

• Maria says:

It was so NOT a kiss. She did push him away. And even if she hadn’t, he would have slid across the floor on the layer of slime he was oozing.

11. creativkook says:

Also General Beckman played a nun in the episode where the hit man took out the mob boss’ s priest friend.

12. Chuck Castle says:

Now if they could only find a way to get “Jeffster” to be guest stars!! What a twist it would be if Kate was a fan! :-)

13. Alan says:

good, josh gomez is far too good (in fact the whole chuck cast is far too good) to be off tv for so long.

14. Joey says:

Glad he’s coming back to tv. Hope he gets his own show someday.

15. Susan says:

It will be fun to watch Joshua Gomez, again! The cast from CHUCK are all good actors. We miss that show~

16. Krithika says: