Fall TV Preview

Castle Casts Chuck Alum in Time-Trippy Role

Castle Season 6 Cast Joshua GomezChuck alum Joshua Gomez once again finds himself in a Castle, with a guest-starring role on ABC’s Monday-night drama.

RELATED | Castle Exclusive: What Does a Client List Star Want With Rick?

Per EW.com, TV’s erstwhile Morgan Grimes will appear in the fifth episode of Season 6 as a murder suspect who claims to have traveled from the future to prevent a cataclysmic event from happening. (Um, hello — the Beckett/Vaughn kiss was, like, four months ago.)

RELATED | Castle: Lisa Edelstein Joins Season 6 Cast — What’s Her Connection to Beckett?

Gomez of course follows in the footsteps of fellow Chuck alum (and Firefly vet) Adam Baldwin as well as (as readers have noted) Gomez’s Chuck love interest Mekenna Melvin and Bonita “General Beckman” Friedericy. This marks the actor’s first TV role since bidding Chuck‘s own “Castle” adieu.

ABC’s Castle returns with new episodes on Monday, Sept. 23.

Comments (51)

• Ugh, every time I click on a Castle article I half expect to finally see an apology from “4-Day Fillion.” I like to keep up with the comings and goings of the show, but no way Im watching this season until that happens. Hey, maybe this character can go back in time and tell him what a PR disaster it will be if Nathan actually didnt show up on set so he can get a 4 day work week.

Comment by Concerned – August 21, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get over yourself, Concerned.

Comment by Jerri – August 21, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • For real. Didn’t the story read he showed up for work the very next day? Last I heard it was all a non-issue, everything is honky dory.

Comment by Lauren – August 21, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just deciding not to show up for work when dozens (hundreds) of people depend on that work is kinda d-baggy. I’m no Fillion hater, but it doesn’t make him look good.

Comment by Drew – August 21, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You do realize the entire adult cast of Modern Family did a hold-out last year, right? Not showing up for work is a quite common way in the industry of making your point to the studio.

Comment by Badpenny – August 21, 2013 06:03 PM PDT
          • From the tweets of the production team that day we know they were working on that day, so “halt production” is totally an exaggeration. And contracts were actor’s private matter. They probably have confidential/non-disclosure agreement, that they can’t, and they won’t talk about it in public. So we will never know.

Comment by Samuel – August 21, 2013 06:46 PM PDT
    • I often wonder if these are fans of other shows, one in particular, that keeps coming to the Castle articles to stir up trouble. Get over yourself and go back to your other show’s message board. Loser.

Comment by Sean – August 21, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would a fan from other shows want to stir up trouble for “your” show? thats extremely stupid. Not to mention that this is not a site for any show. Its just some teeny site for incorrect ratings, mostly, that no one even pays attention to. Id say if someone left a comment its because they wanted to say what they said, no ulterior motive needed.

Comment by Martine – August 21, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • you are on the internet, people go to a lot of trouble to stir up arguments here; ive seen people do more to start arguments over less.

Comment by Alan – August 22, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s ridiculous they are just expressing their opinion. I also have to agree 4day fillion ruined the show for me

Comment by OneLifeToLive – August 22, 2013 06:10 PM PDT
          • @OneLifetoLive – “4-Day Fillion” ruined a show you claim to have loved so much that you have to sign all your posts with the soap he used to work on?
            You realize that makes it hard to believe you were ever really a fan, right? Lulz And this is coming from someone who believes in his great professional reputation, but isn’t much of a fan myself.

Comment by Just one thing – August 23, 2013 08:38 AM PDT
        • I can think of one show in particular whose fans might do that, but who knows? Maybe Concerned is too legit to quit. We’ll never know for sure.

Comment by Just one thing – August 22, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Holy random TVLine bashing, Batman. I would say given the industry folks who give TVLine exclusives and interviews, it is safe to say people DO pay attention to this site.
          Anyway, have you never heard of trolls?

Comment by Just one thing – August 22, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh u are so ridiculous. Why is someone a troll or a plant just because they have an opinion about an actor who did something really crappy and it’s affected their view of the show? So ridiculous. Are people trolls for not wanting to watch Paula deen after what she did? They’re not allowed to comment on it on websites pertaining to it?

Comment by Underthebridge – August 22, 2013 11:24 PM PDT
          • JOT, you hit the nail on the head. A troll.Notice a lack of defense from “Concerned”.

Comment by Tom Benson – August 23, 2013 05:02 PM PDT
      • Umm wow. So much negativity I don’t even know where to begin. Lets see first off I am not a troll or whatever u want to call it. I wasn’t even sure what “one” show u were referring to until u guys said bones. Second of all, I’m not “defending” myself because I don’t check back to see if my comment made ripples I just read the article then commented. End of story. Why that makes me a loser I am not sure.

Bottom line – I liked the show and the actor until he did something I found to be reprehensible with no apology. I’m a hard worker, I work five days, so should he. How can any of you who make an honest wage and an honest living serious say any different? Ru people nuts? He comes off as entitled and he hurt his crew and I have more dignity than you people apparently and I won’t stand for it. And if I want to comment on it, I can do that too.

And another thing, it’s absurd to say its a private matter none of our business etc etc. guess what people? It’s 2013. If something is put in the public view, it ain’t private anymore. He absolutely needs to give an apology or they should recast him with someone who wants to work.

Also, look at these comments, I ain’t the only one who feels like this clearly. I’m boycotting Castle. My friends and family are boycotting Castle. I hope we are able in the online community to make some sort of impact to send a message that this behavior is not ok. So in closing, am I a troll? No I just want to feel good about the shows in watching.

Comment by Concerned – August 23, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow well said. Good for you I totally get where you’re coming from

Comment by Darksiders – August 23, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m sorry if you feel like you’ve been attacked, Concerned. And if you are, as you say, a former Castle fan, I’m sorry for suggesting you were a troll.
          I just find it strange. As I’ve asked before, did you only watch for Nathan Fillion? If so, then I guess there really must not be anything else worth watching. (Though a serious fan of someone is generally more inclined to give that person the benefit of the doubt.)
          There is more to the show than Nathan Fillion, however, including about 6-7 other actors, a handful of writers and directors, and hundreds of other crew members. So, if you liked the show for other aspects beyond Fillion as well, there should be plenty of those other factors in the new season. And boycotting the show — regardless of its impact — really punishes everyone involved with the series, not just one person.
          As other posters have mentioned, Fillion’s move was on par with the same tactic other actors have employed over the years. The difference? Unlike when Patricia Heaton did it on Everybody Loves Raymond, or when George Eads and Jorja Fox did it on CSI, or when the adult cast of Modern Family did it last year, it appears Fillion’s goal was not to make more money. (Though, really, no one can be sure of that. We can only go by what little was reported.)

Comment by Just one thing – August 23, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I´ll say it again…I also work 5 days a week, but I don´t work 10 or more hours a day like he does, I don´t go to work at 3 or 4 a.m. because that´s when a location or something like that is available! And yes, it´s HIS business and a private thing; after all, HE wasn´t the one making it public or discussing it, there weren´t anyone from the show (actors or crew) complaining, and the fiming didn´t stop! So, just because you feel insulted, he should apologize to you? Because, again, if anyone from the show complained, he doesn´t owe aplogies to them. Whatever the reason he had to do it, it´s his issue; I don´t expect any of my team workers to take care of my professional issues with my boss, when I think I have something to be taken care of I go and do it myself; that´s what he was doing, plain and simple!
          Now, I won´t call you a troll, but IMO you are totally wrong! And just because a few other people agree with you, doesn´t mean you are right and I have to agree! And if you, and your entire family, are boycoting the show, then any of you are or were a real fan, because by doing so you are passing the message that all the other actors in the show aren´t worth of your time to watch their work! And if, by any miracle, you were able to convince the majority to not watch, the show would be cancelled and they wouldn´t be working, at least for some time! The point is, thank God I´m sure you´ll only convince your family and a few others, because the majority of the people can think by themselves!
          And if you “only want to feel good about the shows you are watching”, you shouldn´t read gossip, because I´m sure sooner or later something will pop about them that won´t let you feel good (after all, that always happen):)
          Now, am I defending NF? No, I just don´t know the story behind it, and as I explained why, I think it´s his life. And that´s my opinion.

Comment by Mary – August 24, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wait, you have more “dignity” than me because you feel offended if someone works 1 day less than you, BUT the fact that he probably works more hours in 4 days than YOU in 5 days doesn´t offend you?! Well, the hell you have more dignity than me!

Comment by dmr – August 25, 2013 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • David Boreanaz is that u?

Comment by eridapa – August 22, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OK, that made me LOL! He really is bitter about the popularity of Castle. I love when he calls Brennan “Beckett” in interviews. :)

Comment by Ms.Georgia – August 22, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is truly bizarre, and I hold no ill will against the guy. But when I hear people compare Brennan and Beckett like they are carbon copies of one another, it makes me wonder about that person’s critical thinking skills.

Comment by Just one thing – August 22, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t understand his bitterness. In the end he’s going to get the last laugh because Bones has gone 9 seasons, and Hart wants to do 10 because that would make the episode count equal to the number of bones in the human body, while Nathan has already said in interviews that he wants to do other things once his 7-season contract on Castle is up.

Comment by Ms.Georgia – August 22, 2013 07:32 PM PDT
          • how exactly is that the last laugh? 7 seasons is a fantastic run for any show to have and everyone involved would be proud of that

Comment by Alan – August 23, 2013 09:44 AM PDT
          • Exactly, Ms. Georgia. Regardless of the show’s performance and ABC’s investment, if Castle goes beyond 7 seasons, I’ll be incredibly shocked. So yes, why Boreanaz (and Hanson, for that matter) has felt so threatened by Castle is beyond me.

Comment by Just one thing – August 23, 2013 08:34 AM PDT
          • Alan, it’s nothing against the show’s accomplishments if it doesn’t reach Bones’ length on the air. But it would be a “last laugh” for those who choose to be petty.
            I really wish Hanson, Boreanaz and even Marlowe had never entertained the discussion of comparing the two shows, because about the only thing they have in common is nearly a whiplash-inducing way of using comedy and drama from week to week.

Comment by Just one thing – August 23, 2013 05:41 PM PDT
          • No response to my rebuttal, just one thing? Maybe U are the troll.

Comment by Concerned – August 23, 2013 06:48 PM PDT
    • And I half expect to NOT see comments like yours again…you should make your name some justice and go “concern” about something else, because believe me there are a lot of things that really deserve people´s concerns! A tv show?! No, not really! You don´t want to watch, you don´t, but stop putting the blame for that in an actor, because the show is about much more than just an actor, unless you were watching “Castle” just because NF is there!

Comment by Mary – August 22, 2013 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The entire Writers’ Guild went on strike a few years back, shutting down production for pretty much every scripted show on tv. Are you still losing sleep over that?

Comment by Maria – August 22, 2013 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You realize this makes no sense right? They were taking a stand for the good of their community against unfair practices. Fillion just wante a three day weekend. Um no comparison.

Comment by Darksiders – August 23, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well heres a tip: read the headline. if it doesnt mention anything about the non-issue you keep harping on about then dont read the article because you will just be disappointed.

Comment by Alan – August 22, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh Gomez returns to TV on a show that I already watch! This means I won’t have to go out of my way to watch it, because I would watch anything he’s in! Huzzah!

Comment by Eric – August 21, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’ve missed him.

Comment by Lysh – August 21, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is terrific news.

Comment by Andy – August 21, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know him, but I’m very excited for this episode!

Comment by Kate – August 21, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome news! I’m a HUGE Chuck fan as well as Castle! I still miss Chuck and so glad to see another alumni on Castle. Now if we can get Zachary and Yvonne to make a guest appearance, i’d be in Heaven. I can’t wait to see this episode. Castle spoilers are making the new season out to be another good one!

Comment by Sean – August 21, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still miss Chuck on TV but I don’t know if the series gives the rights to air repeats either on syndication and/or on a cable network. BTW, still got the complete series of all five seasons on DVD.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 21, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And fellow Chuck alum Mekenna Melvin appeared in this past season’s finale.

Comment by Tim – August 21, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as a huge fan of Chuck i was thinking it was Joshua then Bam

Comment by dude – August 21, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was it really a kiss she pushed him away?

Comment by Sam – August 21, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was so NOT a kiss. She did push him away. And even if she hadn’t, he would have slid across the floor on the layer of slime he was oozing.

Comment by Maria – August 22, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also General Beckman played a nun in the episode where the hit man took out the mob boss’ s priest friend.

Comment by creativkook – August 21, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if they could only find a way to get “Jeffster” to be guest stars!! What a twist it would be if Kate was a fan! :-)

Comment by Chuck Castle – August 21, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Vic’s already done Bones and NCIS last year, he might as well do Castle too. :)

Comment by Ms.Georgia – August 22, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good, josh gomez is far too good (in fact the whole chuck cast is far too good) to be off tv for so long.

Comment by Alan – August 22, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad he’s coming back to tv. Hope he gets his own show someday.

Comment by Joey – August 22, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will be fun to watch Joshua Gomez, again! The cast from CHUCK are all good actors. We miss that show~

Comment by Susan – August 22, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • murder suspect who claims to have traveled from the future to prevent a cataclysmic event from happening. (Um, hello — the Beckett/Vaughn kiss was, like, four months ago.)

Love…