'NSync Reportedly Reuniting at Sunday's VMAs: What Must Their Set Include? Take Our Poll!

Get More: Awards, Polls

'NSync ReunionDon’t really wanna make it tough, but with the New York Post reporting that an ‘NSync reunion is all but certain for Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards (9/8c), this is probably our last chance to shout requests into the Internet in the hopes that JC, Lance, Joey, Chris and/or Justin will hear us.

Making matters even more heightened? It’s been 10 years since the ’90s boy-band sensation last appeared together on TV, and if they keep up this once-a-decade pace, their next sighting won’t be till 2023.

RELATED | Justified‘s Timothy Olyphant to Romance The Mindy Project’s Dr. Lahiri

Naturally, we can expect at least a couple of solo snippets — hopefully “SexyBack” and “Cry Me a River,” yes? — from Mr. Timberlake himself; after all, he’s scheduled to receive this year’s Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award as part of the ceremonies. But as far as the ‘NSync portion of the telecast, there are dozens of directions the band could go.

RELATED | Mistresses Recap: Come as You Are…As a Friend, as an Old Enemy

We’ve taken the liberty of brainstorming a few options and putting them in a poll, so scroll down and vote for your three favorites, and then hit the comments to continue the discussion.

Are you stoked about the return of ‘NSync, or do you prefer Justin as a solo artist? Any other moments of nostalgia you’d like to see at the VMAs? (I’d call for a 3LW encore, but you know the kids today would be all, “3L-who?”)

Comments (32)

• It should really be them doing the exact same performance from 2000. This I Promise You, Bye Bye Bye, It’s Gonna Be Me medley with those cool TV screens with their faces. Show these kids how it’s done.

Comment by Amanda – August 20, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree x 1000000000000000000000000.

Comment by O'Brien – August 20, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely this!

Comment by Aprilcot – August 20, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If this was Facebook, I would blast my like button to this comment.

Comment by Iván – August 25, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was the toughest decision in the world to choose just 3

Comment by Sara – August 20, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best. News. Ever. On GMA it was said they will be performing NO Strings Attached. It better be true and not just a rumour GMA ;)

Comment by Mel – August 20, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • By far the best song by the group to never released as a single.

Comment by O'Brien – August 20, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I say It makes me ill is their best track EVER

Comment by JeniLee – August 20, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just made my day and I think the best news I’ve heard in a month. I may have to go home from work now…I’m too excited to focus.

Comment by Aprilcot – August 20, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m shaking right now. Been waiting for this for ten years.

Comment by Melinda – August 20, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe I’m this excited to see NSync reunite. I want them to perform It’s gonna be me (my fav song), Bye Bye Bye and puppet choreography, but I agree with Sara who said it’s hard to choose just three.

Comment by lll – August 20, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree choosing three was a death sentence. Oh let’s get ready for the backstreet crowd to start their usual out band is better & our band never left. Hey absences makes the heart grow fonder

Comment by Liz – August 20, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No “Super Size It”?

Comment by Sarah – August 20, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hold the pickles! :)

Comment by 80s – August 20, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t watched this awards show in years, but there is no way I can miss an NSync reunion!!!!! OMG

Comment by Rebecca – August 20, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so irrationally excited for this! Best. Pop Boy Band. Ever.

Comment by Julz – August 20, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing really needed is for the sound to go out during their set. :-)

Comment by Pete Grant – August 20, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this is real, this will be the first VMAs that I watch for almost 10years… Just as I was thinking of what I would watch instead of it on Sunday, THIS HAPPENS!!!! Oh please have it be real!!!!

Comment by Lynne – August 20, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooh, I like how this is going! I love Tearing up my Heart. If they do that, I’ll die! But happy. :D

Comment by natalia h – August 20, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohhh, I like the way this poll is going! I love Tearing Up My Heart. If they do that, i’ll die but happy.

Comment by mellafe – August 20, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS EVER IN HISTORY

Comment by A – August 20, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are so many songs I would want them to sing but “I Want You Back” is my song to them

Comment by A – August 20, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best thing to ever happen on the VMAS… I still jam out to them in my car!

Comment by Babybop – August 20, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a 50-something Grandma and I am excited about this!

Comment by Susan – August 20, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh, the Backstreet Boys are still better. :)

Comment by Alex – August 20, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I prefer the Backstreet Boys, I am glad this is happening. Justin seems so ashamed of his *NSYNC past.

Comment by alistaircrane – August 20, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d add “Pop” to the set list.

Comment by Andrea – August 20, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Gone”

Comment by Winnie – August 20, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn. I wish a couple of the guys had told JT to stick it.

Comment by dee123 – August 20, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might actually watch the VMAs this year, with this and the rumored Danity Kane reunion.

Comment by Mikael – August 21, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gosh my heart races just thinking about it! oh i would feel like an excited teenager at one of the many *NSYNC concerts I attended! sure now i REALLY don’t have a chance with Lance… but a dream is a dream ;)
    I hope this happens how fun! And back in the day they dominicated the VMA’s so it would be a since time to bring it back :)

Comment by Melissa – August 22, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post