Exclusive

Exclusive: Girl Meets World Casts Riley's Dreamy Crush and Her Cutie Pie Kid Brother

Girl Meets World Season 1 Cast Peyton MeyerRiley Matthews’ world just became a little more crowded: She now has a little brother and a classmate/first crush.

Peyton Meyer has joined Disney Channel’s Boy Meets World spin-off Girl Meets World as Tristan Friar, a lad who attends school with (and attracts much googly-eyed attention from) title character Riley, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Girl Meets World First Look: 11 Candid Photos From the Pilot-Episode Shoot!

Girl Meets World Season 1 Cast August MaturoIn addition, August Maturo (pictured at right) will play Louis, the youngest child of Cory and Topanga (Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, reprising their BMW roles).

Meyer can be seen guest-starring on the upcoming season of Dog With a Blog, while Maturo has appeared on How I Met Your Mother and Weeds.

RELATED | Ryder Strong Recounts Boy Meets World‘s Journey From ‘OK’ Ratings to Enduring Hit

The much-anticipated Girls Meets World follows 7th-grader Riley (played by Rowan Blanchard, Spy Kids 4D) as she has adventures in middle school, where dad Cory — BMW‘s now-grown-up protagonist — is a faculty member.

The series is scheduled to premiere in 2014.

Take a peek at this exclusive shot of Meyer at work in the World, then sound off in the comments!

Girl Meets World Season 1 Cast Peyton Meyer

1. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Okay, I don’t care what anyone says — that youngest kid is Shawn’s!

2. Elyse says:

I usually try to keep the fact that I still watch Disney pretty low key (what can I say Good Luck Charlie is a GOOD show) but I’m not even ashamed to say ill be watching Girl Meets World religiously!

3. Josh says:

Aww he’s her Topagana.

I should not be as excited for this show as I am. I still wish it was on ABC Family or something else that allowed it to be a little more(in later years) “adult” as Boy Meets World ended up being. Of course it’s a stretch calling it “adult” but it gave you the feeling that you were aging with them. And I wonder if Disney will keep with it’s usual “three seasons and done” rule with this show?

• KSM says:

According to my sister in law, who have kids that this show will be geared to (well, her kids and me, who grew up watching BMW!), Disney is way more adult than it was back in the day. So, there is hope!

• Angela says:

They don’t do the 3 seasons & done thing anymore, at least not according to people I know who watch Disney Channel

4. Eva Said says:

Is Cory the teacher or principal? That has to be embarrassing! Your parent working at the school you go and doing embarrassing things!

That would be awesome LOL.

5. Mika02 says:

Cannot wait!!! I’m sorry Good Luck Charlie is cancelled though.

• Lizzie says:

Me too…GLC had a 90s sitcom feeling to it but I guess GMW would be the best replacement. Man the cafe looks just like BMW except in NY

6. Tori says:

I am wondering did they get rid of the oldest son, Riley’s big brother in the pilot for a younger son?

• Alia says:

Nope, they just added a third Matthews sibling, so now it will be Elliot, Riley, and Louis.

• Tori says:

Thank you for answering my question. I look forward to watching the new series with the kids in my family as well as with family and friends who, like me remember”Boy meets world” fondly as part of our youth.

7. james says:

So this is the new Topanga and Morgan?

8. Honestly, I expect the first season to be as bland as the first season of the original. If this series is at all like the original, the series won’t start getting good until the second season.

9. Suzette says:

So exciting… that August Maturo is one TALENTED kid…you got it right Disney..her ROCKS!!

10. disney thats too much says:

really a little brother cory and topanga are just 30 years old basically they never stopped and peyton a 7th grader? yeah right more like in high school freshman or sophomore like god dammit i bet teo is younger than him and teo is supposed to be her big brother

11. Kyle says:

Why are you guys acting like the Peyton casting is new? We’ve known that for months.

12. AmAnDa says:

I would like to see what is going to go on in the showand if it is like anything like boy meetswould because if so I will have that on DVD just like I have boy meets world

13. Pattie F. says:

sorry but Peyton does NOT look like a 7th grader…. I think this is lame. What a stretch.

14. reuben says:

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. hey don;t be mean to Peyton Meyer
    please check out Peyton Meyer twitter Instragma and facebook
    he will be on Girl meet worlds

16. i love the song of girl meets world theme song take on the world

17. Nashaly says:

Like you Peyton Meyer alot

18. Emily d says:

I love u Peyton can I Mary u!!!!
    (It’s not creepy)

19. lamya dixon says:

Hey I am a big fan and I know that sabrina is 15 but how old are the rest of the chararcters