Exclusive: Girl Meets World Casts Riley's Dreamy Crush and Her Cutie Pie Kid Brother

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Girl Meets World Season 1 Cast Peyton MeyerRiley Matthews’ world just became a little more crowded: She now has a little brother and a classmate/first crush.

Peyton Meyer has joined Disney Channel’s Boy Meets World spin-off Girl Meets World as Tristan Friar, a lad who attends school with (and attracts much googly-eyed attention from) title character Riley, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Girl Meets World First Look: 11 Candid Photos From the Pilot-Episode Shoot!

Girl Meets World Season 1 Cast August MaturoIn addition, August Maturo (pictured at right) will play Louis, the youngest child of Cory and Topanga (Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, reprising their BMW roles).

Meyer can be seen guest-starring on the upcoming season of Dog With a Blog, while Maturo has appeared on How I Met Your Mother and Weeds.

RELATED | Ryder Strong Recounts Boy Meets World‘s Journey From ‘OK’ Ratings to Enduring Hit

The much-anticipated Girls Meets World follows 7th-grader Riley (played by Rowan Blanchard, Spy Kids 4D) as she has adventures in middle school, where dad Cory — BMW‘s now-grown-up protagonist — is a faculty member.

The series is scheduled to premiere in 2014.

Take a peek at this exclusive shot of Meyer at work in the World, then sound off in the comments!

Girl Meets World Season 1 Cast Peyton Meyer

Comments (23)

• Okay, I don’t care what anyone says — that youngest kid is Shawn’s!

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – August 20, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I usually try to keep the fact that I still watch Disney pretty low key (what can I say Good Luck Charlie is a GOOD show) but I’m not even ashamed to say ill be watching Girl Meets World religiously!

Comment by Elyse – August 20, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I’m not the only one! lol

Comment by JJ – August 20, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww he’s her Topagana.

I should not be as excited for this show as I am. I still wish it was on ABC Family or something else that allowed it to be a little more(in later years) “adult” as Boy Meets World ended up being. Of course it’s a stretch calling it “adult” but it gave you the feeling that you were aging with them. And I wonder if Disney will keep with it’s usual “three seasons and done” rule with this show?

Comment by Josh – August 20, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to my sister in law, who have kids that this show will be geared to (well, her kids and me, who grew up watching BMW!), Disney is way more adult than it was back in the day. So, there is hope!

Comment by KSM – August 20, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They don’t do the 3 seasons & done thing anymore, at least not according to people I know who watch Disney Channel

Comment by Angela – August 20, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Cory the teacher or principal? That has to be embarrassing! Your parent working at the school you go and doing embarrassing things!

That would be awesome LOL.

Comment by Eva Said – August 20, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And soooo in line with who Cory is! I can totally see him being THAT dad.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – August 20, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cory is so *that* dad. He was always *that* guy on the show…I can’t wait. :)

Comment by Aprilcot – August 20, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait!!! I’m sorry Good Luck Charlie is cancelled though.

Comment by Mika02 – August 20, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too…GLC had a 90s sitcom feeling to it but I guess GMW would be the best replacement. Man the cafe looks just like BMW except in NY

Comment by Lizzie – August 20, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am wondering did they get rid of the oldest son, Riley’s big brother in the pilot for a younger son?

Comment by Tori – August 20, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, they just added a third Matthews sibling, so now it will be Elliot, Riley, and Louis.

Comment by Alia – August 20, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you for answering my question. I look forward to watching the new series with the kids in my family as well as with family and friends who, like me remember”Boy meets world” fondly as part of our youth.

Comment by Tori – August 20, 2013 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So this is the new Topanga and Morgan?

Comment by james – August 20, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I expect the first season to be as bland as the first season of the original. If this series is at all like the original, the series won’t start getting good until the second season.

Comment by Michael Sacal – August 20, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So exciting… that August Maturo is one TALENTED kid…you got it right Disney..her ROCKS!!

Comment by Suzette – August 20, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oops HE !! lol

Comment by Suzette – August 20, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really a little brother cory and topanga are just 30 years old basically they never stopped and peyton a 7th grader? yeah right more like in high school freshman or sophomore like god dammit i bet teo is younger than him and teo is supposed to be her big brother

Comment by disney thats too much – August 20, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are you guys acting like the Peyton casting is new? We’ve known that for months.

Comment by Kyle – August 20, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see what is going to go on in the showand if it is like anything like boy meetswould because if so I will have that on DVD just like I have boy meets world

Comment by AmAnDa – August 23, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry but Peyton does NOT look like a 7th grader…. I think this is lame. What a stretch.

Comment by Pattie F. – September 24, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by reuben – November 17, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post