Lifetime's Flowers in the Attic Adds Orphan Black Star as Heather Graham's Hubby

Get More: Casting News

Arrow Season 2 Cast Dylan BruceLifetime’s upcoming adaptation of V.C. Andrews’ novel Flowers in the Attic is rounding out its cast with Orphan Black‘s Dylan Bruce, the actor revealed via Twitter on Tuesday.

RELATED | Lifetime Renews Devious Maids for a Second Season

Bruce will play Bartholomew “Bart” Winslow, the trophy husband of Corrine (played by Scrubs‘ Heather Graham), a recent widow who puts her four children into a pretty terrible situation at her parents’ mansion after their father’s death. A disturbing family secret causes the children’s grandmother, Olivia (Political Animals’ Ellen Burstyn), to lock the children in the attic, where the oldest boy (Mason Dye) and girl (Mad Men‘s Kiernan Shipka) develop an inappropriate bond.

Bruce — who co-stars as military man Paul on the BBC America thriller Orphan Black — recently booked a two-episode guest spot on The CW’s Arrow.

Comments (23)

• Dylan is one of the hottest guys on TV right now!

Comment by Cherry – August 20, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is HOT.

Comment by april-ann – August 20, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read this book when I was 16th I loved it ans Dylan ils grenat I m son happy !

Comment by malyse – August 20, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry not easy tout write with the french keybord son Dylan is great

Comment by malyse – August 20, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sorry but the Flowers in the attic book series made very uncomfortable when I read them in my early teens. I kept waiting to find out it all was a dream at the end or a writer’s fantasy at the end of the last book. I just could not wrap my head around generations of incest as the major storylines.

Comment by Tori – August 20, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Do we really need another filmed version of this? It’s so creepy!

Comment by Sheila – August 20, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was just thinking this. I know lots of people read those books, but they made me feel awful for everyone in the storyline.

Comment by TXSunshine – August 20, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Have to admit I was too young to understand how warped those books were when I read them as a kid – I was a very sheltered kid!!! Now I just can’t get over the fact that they want to make another movie about them. Is there nothing else that they could make a movie about.

Comment by Sparky – August 20, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, BECAUSE it’s creepy. I don’t get people who complain it’s ‘too creepy’. It’s a thriller/horror! It’s SUPPOSED to be creepy and disturbing.

Comment by Marco – August 21, 2013 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You don’t get it? The whole book is about incest! The oldest brother rapes his sister! That’s not a “thriller” in my book!

Comment by Sheila – August 21, 2013 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • In the book I read, it was consensual, not rape. If you read the rest of the books in the series, then you know that after they get out of the attic the brother and sister wind up living as husband and wife.

Comment by J – August 21, 2013 09:06 AM PDT
      • In the movie version back in the 80′s, they omitted that part completely. Now, some thirty years later, they might (gasp) hint at an ‘inappropriate’ relationship, but do you really think they’ll go there? C’mon, this is Lifetime, not HBO.

Comment by Laura – August 21, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree; couldn’t understand the popularity of the whole series then or now; the premise is disgusting and stupid. Sorry to say I have seen the movie and was quickly reminded of how unlikable and pretentious the characters are, so much so that by the end of it you really don’t care that they’ve been (SPOILER ALERT although I’m doing you a favor and hopefully saving you 120 minutes that are doubtless better spent doing anything else-really, if your mind is free of this trash, keep it that way) locked in an attic and fed poison.

Comment by M Rey – December 13, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is bad news for his return to OB next spring ?

Comment by Sidney B. – August 20, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, he’ll be on OB as normal. The filming schedules in Canada allow for its actors to successfully juggle multiple series at once.

Comment by liz – August 21, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hot Paul!

Comment by Tee – August 20, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can a tv film really capture the creepiness and plot lines? I think this should be an indie film

Comment by Cherry – August 21, 2013 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone remember Dylan Bruce when he was on AS THE WORLD TURNS?

Comment by Iakovos – August 21, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andrews’ story lines were always filled with to much incest and down right god awful family problems for me to even finish reading.

Comment by kisha – August 22, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when will this movie be on lifetime

Comment by veronica romero – August 25, 2013 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for this movie to come out. I first read the book when I was 15 years old back in 1981 when it was given to the English class to read (of course the teacher “blacked out” the sensitive parts which didn’t work). I was very disappointed with the theatrical movie; it left out so much that was intrical (sp) to the plot. I agee with Cherry, since there is so much involved with the book that it should have been an indie-firm or perhaps on HBO. But Lifetime did the Jodi Arias movie quite well and it was pretty graphic. So we’ll just have to see. But I am watching it, no doubt!

Comment by Yvonne – August 28, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had my heart broken when i was 14 after months of saving baby-sitting money and calling interstate to find the one and only vhs copy of FITA, in a warehouse in South Australia.
    I watched it ONCE…..
    I spent the remainder of the holidays in the foulest of all teenage foul moods. I vaguely remember a deep sense of betrayal.

Reading Wes Craven’s rejected script atm; so-so thus far :s Characters are off, but there are elements that would have worked well, despite the R-rating it would have carried.

I am glad FITA is getting a re-make, I just hope the details are respected otherwise the whole thing is likely to collapse. Don’t want to get my hopes up too high, but I am very pleased.

Comment by Aveline_Bellefleur – October 30, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I grew up watching the original movie, and read the original book. it is disturbing, but it really shows the horror of realism, and how unsettling abuse, and how far certain people take things under a great amount of distress. If it makes your skin crawl, and causes an element of unsettling that the reaction of the storyline produces, then it has the intended shock value intended for the viewers/ readers. V.CAndrews wrote a novel that goes beyond any type of horror that stephen king could dream up, and the reason for that is because the storyline keeps it real given the dark storyline. Incest is disturbing, and so is child abuse, and V.C Andrews went out on a limb and explored those horrific occurances in a way that made it work. Im not sure how I will enjoy it, but I am willing to give it a shot.

Comment by Lindsay Joan – November 27, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post