Breaking Bad Tough Guy Headed to Community

Get More: Casting News

Jonathan Banks CommunityThe students of Greendale Community College had better be on their toes this fall: Breaking Bad‘s Emmy-nominated fixer Jonathan Banks is headed to Community for Season 5.

Banks will appear in 11 episodes as Pat Nichols, “an intense criminology professor with a mysterious background in military and police work” according to EW.com.

RELATED | Community Exclusive: Rob Corddry Returning… to Help Jeff Find His Way Back to Greendale?

Season 5 will be one of significant change for Community. Last month, series regular Donald Glover announced he wouldn’t be returning full-time to the cult favorite, while costar Chevy Chase exited toward the end of last season. What’s more, creator Dan Harmon will be back in the mix after parting ways for the duration of Season 4.

Excited about Banks’ Community stint? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (17)

• I think you meant Greendale instead of Glendale.

Comment by Laura – August 20, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, sorry ’bout that!

Comment by Michael Slezak – August 20, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think he was very funny on Parks and Rec and it was a bit of a letdown, so I’m not going to get excited about this. I think I just prefer him in dramas. However, if anyone can bring out Jonathan Banks’ sense of humor, I believe it would be Dan Harmon.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 20, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice!

Comment by MDS – August 20, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 11 episodes?! Awesome

Comment by Teag – August 20, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!!

Comment by Eliza – August 20, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, Mike didn’t go to Belize, he was sent to Greendale. :)

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – August 20, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Close enough. :)

Comment by David4 – August 20, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe when you die on TV’s best drama, they send you to TV’s best comedy. That’s what Gus Fring did, at least :)

Comment by Karen – August 20, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving this so much: My favourite comedy on TV gaining actors from my favourite TV-drama (i.e. Breaking Bad). Let’s hope it’ll be as good as Giancarlo Esposito (of course it is!)

Comment by Karen – August 20, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • criminology is a cool idea for the years main class, hope this means we will get to see more of annie and shirley as the worlds worst pretend cops, thats still one of my favourite moments from the show.

Comment by Alan – August 20, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be awesome. I’d definitely love to see them return to that :D.
      Sounds interesting. Can’t wait to see how his storyline pans out and affects the gang.

Comment by Angela – August 20, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this means Annie will get a story line and character development instead of always being pushed to the side. ABOUT TIME.

Comment by Liz – August 20, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news. I can’t wait to see Jonathan on season 5.

Comment by Joey – August 20, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE let this mean Annie will actually have a good story line this year. I hated how they put her back to just a girl with crush.She’s going to be 23. I love my Jeff and Annie, but has so much potential with multiple story lines, and they need to do start giving her something. Britta and Shirley have better story lines than Annie. I want all my girls to have good story lines.

Comment by Abby – August 20, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome. I can totally see him in Greendale.

Comment by AGM – August 21, 2013 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post