Fall TV Preview

Justified's Timothy Olyphant to Romance The Mindy Project's Dr. Lahiri

The Mindy Project Season 2 Cast Timothy OlyphantPastor who?

The Season 2 dating roster for The Mindy Project‘s titular doc gets longer all the time — and now you can add Justified‘s Timothy Olyphant to the list.

Olyphant will play a professional skateboarder in his 40s who meets Mindy Kaling’s character when he nearly runs her over in New York’s Union Square, the Los Angeles Times reports. His episode will run early in the season.

RELATEDMindy Project Star Ike Barinholtz: The Show’s Writers Are ‘Deeply Divided’ on Mindy/Danny Romance

Though Kaling’s rom-com-obsessed OB-GYN finished Season 1 preparing to travel to Haiti with boyfriend Pastor Casey, we now know that [Spoiler alert!]  their relationship won’t last long into the season.

Olyphant currently plays Raylan Givens in FX’s Justified.

Other familiar faces set to take part in the Project this season include Glenn Howerton (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia), Adam Pally (Happy Endings), James Franco (General Hospital) and the former Mr. Kim Kardashian, Kris Humphries. Returning guest-stars Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live), Anders Holm (Workaholics) and Chloe Sevigny (Big Love) also are scheduled to appear.

The comedy returns to Fox on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 9:30/8:30c.

Comments (27)

• I have never watched this show- but I will watch Olyphant in ANYTHING. He does not get enough love for Justified.

Comment by Jena – August 19, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh hell yes! Justified is awesome and deserves so much more love and and attention.

Comment by tripoli – August 19, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One of my top two best shows on TV, the other being Sons of Anarchy, which ALSO doesn’t get enough attention.

Comment by Ruby – August 19, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that!

Comment by Ethel – August 20, 2013 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Timothy Olyphant ♥

Comment by Eliza – August 19, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, she gets some of the best guest stars to date her. Love the show, love Timothy Olyphant(he had me at Go), couldn’t be happier about this news.

Comment by Cassandra – August 19, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “God, she gets some of the best guest stars to date her.”

but in real life ??

who is she dating ?

Nobody ..

she’s too ugly … (in fact … i don’t watch the show because of that specific reason)

Comment by Draga – August 19, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What a sad person you must be to sit behind a keyboard and say things like that.

Comment by Ruby – August 19, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, you may be sad to discover that your comment says everything about you and nothing about the beautiful and talented Mindy Kaling.

Comment by Brooke – August 20, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Extra funny because of him appearing on The Office and Kelly saying “F*** me.” when she looks at him

Comment by MollyFaraday – August 19, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

Comment by Cassandra – August 19, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha that was hilarious!

Comment by Dave – August 19, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly, I didnt even recognize him as Danny on that show, ROFL.

Comment by Pat D. – August 19, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • all the white guys

Comment by nicole – August 19, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I heard that Mindy has a gigantic crush on him, so I really hope she gets to make out with him! If I suddenly became an actress who could cast whoever I wanted, Jared Padalecki would be my top pick. And then Robert Kazinsky and Jay Ryan.

Comment by Ruby – August 19, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Swap Robert Kazinsky for Alexander Skarsgard and our lists are the same.

Comment by Cassandra – August 19, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This guy was really funny as Wesley on The League.

Comment by Zach – August 19, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awe it’s sad I thought her and the pastor guy were cute together

Comment by Julie Pham – August 19, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s not a paper salesman, he’s a male model! Loved him on TO, and I’m sure he’ll be amazing here too!

Comment by neha – August 19, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha. Mindy Kaling has a huge crush on Timothy Olyphant so I’m sure this casting was done with that thought in mind. That’s how he got his guest part on The Office. She wrote him into the show. Really, who can blame her though. If I had the kind of power to write Timothy Olyphant into shows as my love interest, that would be all I would ever do.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – August 20, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You made me laugh and I completely agree with you. That’s all I would ever do, too.

Comment by Anne – August 20, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *I* have a crush on him so I’m glad to see Mindy will get to play that out :P. Great casting choice.

Comment by liz – August 20, 2013 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One more reason to love the 13 episode cable seasons. Actors aren’t so busy they can’t show up in guest spots on other shows. Love when TO gets to do some straight up comedy. Can’t wait.

Comment by Nicole – August 20, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want new ‘Deadwood’ on TV. NOW!

Comment by Bob – August 20, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him.
    Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Comment by Tv Online – October 14, 2013 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post