True Blood Finale Recap -- 'Survivor: Bon Temps'

True Blood FinaleYes, yes, we all saw Eric’s willy in the season finale of True Blood. But a lot of other stuff happened, too. Big, dire, dramatic stuff. So, before hitting the comments to discuss the aforementioned appendage, let’s go over that other stuff, shall we?

PARTY IN THE USA | As “Radioactive” begins, Sookie and Alcide are just beginning to recover from the amnesia that seemed to make them both forget how into each other they once were when they notice a daytime vampire orgy breaking out at Bill’s place. (Stranger still, a daytime vampire orgy at which fangers dance the jitterbug.) Making a beeline for Jason, Sookie gets a lingering kiss from Violet. “She’s European,” he explains. But the afternoon isn’t all happy, happy, joy, joy. Pam takes off after Eric, prompting Tara to brand her and Willa’s parents the “worst f—ing makers ever.” Plus, Bill is so poutypants that he’s no longer the magical Billith that he’s prepared to let Warlow turn Sookie until Jessica points out how very humongous a d-bag that would make him.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE | Meanwhile, on the fairy plane, Warlow again shows his true colors, smacking, choking and generally menacing Sookie when she asks if he’d mind terribly dating her for a while before they marry. Luckily, at the same time, Bill, Jason and Violet are busy recruiting Adilyn (who seems to have miraculously stopped aging) to gain them entrance to the fae dimension. Though Warlow does put the bite on Sookie, the gang saves her before she is turned into a corpse, much less a corpse bride. Back in the real world dimension, Warlow gives chase, cornering Sookie in her bathroom, which – surprise! – allows Niall to reach through that room’s handy-dandy portal and hold the baddie still just long enough for Jason to stake him. Hurrah – day saved.

SNOW WAY! | Eventually, all of the fae blood that the vampires drank wears off. A bummer, sure, but not a life-and-death kinda big deal if they’re True Blood Finaleindoors when they resume being creatures of (only) the night. Unfortunately, Eric just happens to be nude sunbathing in his native Sweden at the time, and trapped outside, he appears to go up in flames. (Gonna hurry out on a limb here and say that Pam must get to him in time to hustle him into a cave or something. But of course we won’t know for sure until next season. Side note: Could next season be tomorrow, please?)

RELATED | HBO Boss Talks True Blood End Date

HERE’S TO FUTURE DAYS | While I, you and probably most of the viewing audience is busy shrieking, “Nooo! They can’t kill Eric!” the show itself is fast-forwarding six months down the road. Then, Sookie and Alcide are a couple, Bill is the author of a bestseller about the Governor’s invention of hep V, Jason is still waiting to get it on with Violet (after 178 nights of cunnilingus, he’s quick to point out), and Merlotte’s is now Bellefleur’s. In scarier news, packs of hep V-infected vampires are on the prowl and using small towns like Bon Temps as buffet lines. Mayor Sam teams up with Rev. Daniels (you know, Lettie Mae’s husband) and suggests that everybody enter into a monogamous feeding relationship with a healthy vampire in exchange for protection. Controversial as the idea is, it seems like a pretty good one when a bunch of infected blood-suckers looks about to crash the feeder/feedee meet-‘n’-greet at Merlotte’s… er, Bellefleur’s.

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the season – and its finale? Eric isn’t – can’t be – really dead, right? Did it seem a little convenient to you that Warlow went evil again, just in time for him to be killed off? (Or should we just blame it on nightfall?) How awesome were Tara and Lettie Mae in the (exceptionally well-written) scene in which they reconciled? (Dare we hope someday for a similar scene between Tara and Pam?) It was nice of Jessica to offer Andy and Adilyn her protection – without even having to feed her – but since she ate all of the fairy’s sisters, can’t say I blame the sheriff for saying thanks but f— off, can you? Anyway, that’s a wrap. You may now hit the comments to discuss Eric’s pecker.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Mary Ward says:

I have to say that the whole Warlow storyline was rather anticlimactic and rather laughable.

• Jimmy says:

Completely agree. A prime example of how this series has strayed. The last 2 season have been complete disappointments. It’s only the characters and the actors who play them that keep me returning. Good riddance to Warlow.

• Pérola Cardozo says:

If they had made Warlow be an actual nice guy, and have him be with Sookie, dating and being happy, and letting all those possibilities with the vampires walking on sun, I would be very pleased. But they went the easy route: make him evil, kill him, and have Sookie be with the guy that acted as a douche all season, but she thinks its the good guy. So boring! By the way, Bill is over Sookie for all season and suddenly he’s just “I’m worried with sookie”? C’mon… I hate Bill, with or without Sookie, I wish he was the one in flames… Again!!
      And then they make Eric be READING NAKED AT THE ALPS OR SOMETHING, WHAT THE HELL?? Not that I’m complaining about seeing Alexander naked, but, c’mon, Eric would leave Pam to go naked reading at the snow? Really? What sense does that make??? And I’m not even letting them make me believe Eric is dead, since he was the only thing in the season that made some sense. If he’s dead, TB is dead. I don’t even care about Sookie, I just want the series to be around him.
      The person who though out the “after 6 months” scene can please be fired? Kind of tight now? It felt like that fast forward that series that have been canceled last minute use to tie the loose ends, and never makes sense. Sam, mayor, what? Bill, best-seller author of his own life, what? All that mix state and church, and make everyone be in a “monogamist” feeding relationship between humans and vampires??? I’d rather have the episode ending with Eric in flames.

• LO says:

:And I’m not even letting them make me believe Eric is dead, since he was the only thing in the season that made some sense. If he’s dead, TB is dead”

AMEN to that!!!!

• Omarvelous says:

Don’t forget that Pam when after Eric and they didnt show her in the fast forward. I’m guessing she saved Eric.

• Omarvelous says:

went*

• Michelle says:

If Eric was dead, Willa would know about it….he’s her maker. The children always know.

I really thought that something important would come out of the warlow story, but it was more like they started it, got tired of it, killed it. Come on….we put up with the prison crap….this season really didn’t mean much. Two steps forward, three steps back, one more forward, and shake it all about. That’s a wrap.

I miss the first few seasons. Guess it’s time to remember. Just stop when the blasted rev and his crazy wife and church start in.

• Matt says:

You all are idiots, the shows based on the sookie books, so Eric is not the focal point of the show. Quit bitching, none of you could even come close to writing a good episode. On bill, he wasn’t bill the whole season, so the reason he cares about sookie again is bc the real bill always has loved sookie and you have to be stupid to not see that. So think before you speak on something you have no idea what your talking about.

• Danielle says:

If the show was still based on the books, Sookie and Alcide would not be together, but her and Eric. The focal point of the books was Sookie and Eric’s relationship and how she deals with all the supernatural events happening around her.

• M. says:

How about let’s stop throwing the “You’re Stupid” comments… because I could point a few flaws in your comment as well. Point being:

The books feature Eric/Sookie throughout the majority of the series. Alciede was a side character that never worked out. Killing off Eric, if we’re following the book series, WOULD BE STUPID.

• Temperenace says:

Matt, you’re correct: the whole series was absolutely NOT about Sookie/Erik (or Sookie/anyone). It’s solely about Sookie – period. She was undeniably NOT with Erik most of the series – but a whole string of guys. And for the most part both Bill and Erik were jerks to her (with the exception of Bill at first, and Erik when he’d lost his memory).

• FauxNia says:

But here’s the thing… this is a show for the public, and once something is released, it (and every other art form in the world – paintings, photos, books, poems, movies, etc..) is given to the consumer to interpret however they want, and to have whatever opinions they’re going to have. So, calling someone stupid for disagreeing with you is… off kilter.

Actually, unless you are a writer for the show, yourself, then you know just as much as everyone else about you’re talking about.

• william kramer says:

Your right the books are horrible written ! with a good story line. Tru blood is a lot better!

• Terri says:

Actually if you read the Sookie books the show hasn’t followed the story since the second season. Half the characters were long gone. And characters far more interesting are a huge part of the books that never even made it to the show. Eric hopefully will be back. But he may move on to try a movie career. I did like the season for the most part but wasn’t a big fan of the finale. Still can’t understand the whole Hep V. Why did Eric’s sister die so fast from it? And she wasn’t aggressive . Confused!!!

• Kristin says:

Eric’s sister had a HUGE dose when she was directly infected with the hep v. The other vampires got it through the true blood which had what maybe a table spoon at most. That’s why she died a lot faster.

As for Eric…Pam tackled him with so much force she created a new cave! All that snow extinguished the flames and now Eric and Pam are alive and well living in the cave….just a thought. :-)

• Eman says:

Calm down it’s an opinion just like you don’t care about hours we don’t care about yours…

• Jennifer says:

If you had read the “sookie books” you would know that Eric took over the series in book four. And don’t be so fast to criticize your fellow bloggers and their writing abilities. I’ve published two books and I’m sure there are people here who have done much more. So take the trash talk elsewhere–this is a civilized board where we discuss without cussing. And we try not to put each other down.

• Thisguy says:

The showed veered off the books sometime in Season 2. Get your facts straight before calling names. You’re making yourself look bad.

• Montez says:

I couldn’t have said it better myself

• aolani08 says:

I think Eric is gone he was burned before the time gap and six months later and still no Eric. I’m just angry about how a whole town can forget him.

• Jamie says:

The TV series strayed away from the book 2 seasons ago. I have read up to the current books in the series. None of this is in the books at all. In the books, Bill is gone and sookie winds up with Eric.
            The fourth Season of TrueBlood was the last season that was relatively based on the books.

• Sunny Day says:

Amen to that Matt I couldn’t have put it better myself. I absolutely loved this series and thought it was a fabulous return to form, I love, love, loved it.

• Scorpio says:

When they didn’t kill off Layfayette is when they stopped following the actual books. I enjoy both but True Blood is so very loosely based on the books since the 1st season, when they made Marianne a big deal. In the books Sookie never had any powers except for her mind reading but that wasn’t good enough for TV so add the light show. There is so much more that is different and changed.

I had to look at the books and True Blood as two totally separate things, otherwise it was driving me nuts when they kept changing and adding things that weren’t in the books and ignoring things that were in the books.

• Tracy m says:

I agree but think Pam will have swooped down to save him in the end but they left that out for next season. He drank the fairy blood before her so it wore off sooner. If he’s one the show is. The books are so much better. Ben was a shifter and tall and bald. Wallowe wasn’t even in the books like most of the crap. Now I think Tara’s mom is infected and she may die and the hep v vamps will kill her mom.

• Mary Ann says:

I don’t think the blood “wore off”. I think that its magic ended with the death of Warlow. They showed his blood stop glowing, and then showed the light leaving all the vampires.

• Crystal says:

I think you are the first person to say Tara’s mom is infected. She never did like the fact that Tara was a vamp and that makes sense, hell of a twist. Good thinking.

• but if you remember everybody was screened at the church and Tara’ mom passed but I must tell you I thought the same thing myself when Tara’s mom offer her to be fed on

• Jennifer says:

If they’ve killed Eric, they shouldn’t bother to come back. I’m voting for someone waking up and finding Eric in their shower–it would be a lot better than the disappointing ending for this season. And the ending started off pretty good but went south fast (no pun intended). And they totally wasted Rutger Hauer–he had a pivotal role here but it looks like they tried to edit him out! Bottom line: no Eric, no True Blood…and maybe no HBO for me.

and…yes, Pam should save Eric. That would be funny and sexy and snarky and everything this show is supposed to be about instead of the soap opera they are trying to turn it into.

• T T says:

Man this season disappointed me. Really Sookie and Warlow come on. Warlow was evil. So what he killed her parents because they were trying to kill her. We already knew he didnt need Sookie to get into the fairy plane duh. He killed all the faries remember. He was evil what the what. I could not believe she slept with him. Lame season true bloid may have list a die hard fan. Very disappointed.

• cindy s says:

The story line was so about face when it could have been great with Warlow. Jason saying: he killed our parents, when that was only because they were trying to kill Sookie. I believe the actor wanted out of the series as he has received many movie offers after Pacific Rim back in March and April. So while they were filming the series, he told them he would not be back. That can only explain the total about face of his character, etc. The season was great until the finale. It was so bad, I will never watch again. Sookie with Alcide was awful. They have Zero chemistry. Lost another view with me.

• Mike says:

I’m not sure about Kazinsky no longer wanting to be in the series, but you are right that the sudden turn either was extremely lazy, poor writing or due to the actor wanting out, or that their budget was cut and they decided they couldn’t afford his salary. They spent 9 episodes explaining he was a tortured soul who wasn’t evil, he saved Sookie, Jason and just about everyone else – then a few minutes into episode 10 he has a hissy fit and it’s “nevermind all that, he’s really evil”? It struck me as an easy excuse to kill him off… and speaking of killing him off, he was suppose to be the most powerful creature alive, and seemed to me, he was killed rather quickly and easily. Why didn’t they just pull a Dallas and have Sookie wake up and the whole last few seasons were a dream… that would have been better. Instead we get Zombies… Extremely lame…

• brylav88 says:

Agreed, it should’ve ended w/eric in flames. I hope he’s not dead, Bill and Eric are the best characters in my opinion. Sookie’s dumb, and her being w/Alcide wtf? Honey this and baby that? C’mon now let’s be real, she already turned this fool down 2 seasons ago. I don’t think Eric is dead, although I’ve heard RUMORS saying he was getting into movies and gonna die this season, but that would be a stupid way for the bad ass Eric Northman to burn. I liked that Warlow turned out to be bad because they made him out to be this horrible guy, then he’s all nice and good this season, again wtf? Glad he’s dead, but now next season’s enemy is infected vampires? (Zombies)? That’s stupid. Let’s see, Season 2 ended w/Bill being kidnapped, Season 2 ended w/Eric revealing all Bill’s secrets and Sookie vanishing, Season 4 ended w/letting us know Russell’s out, and Season 5 showed off Billith, this season ends with infected vampires (who could be, and will be, very weak and die, soon as Nora showed), bad cliffhanger compared to other seasons.

• @team_ericnorthman says:

I completely agree as well – if they really did kill off Eric Northman; True Blood is over. The show is nothing without him. @team_ericnorthman – instagram

• Makayla says:

Your style is very unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark this web site.

• Austin Wager says:

“And I’m not even letting them make me believe Eric is dead, since he was the only thing in the season that made some sense. If he’s dead, TB is dead.”

You took the words out of my mouth. I completely agree. Eric is the only thing keeping this show together. I rather enjoy Violet though. And I hated Warlow from the get-go, so I didn’t really cared how he was killed.

• jacie says:

I absolutely agree with you!!! I loved the whole season up until this episode, even thought the first half if the episode was okay… but then they do the six months later and completely ruin the whole season! Very disappointing! :(

• Jake says:

The alps? Are you kidding me?

• Magda says:

Seriously guys, know your geography, it said he was in Sweden and the alps are nowhere near Sweden.

• Sara says:

Eric was in Sweden when he started to burn bc if you’d paid attention to the serie you’d know that Eric is a Swedish Viking and ofc Pam will save him. He’s too big of a character to be cut off just like that. Why would Sookie last with Alcide when she never has before? I bet she will back with Bill or Eric in no time.

• Nikki H. says:

I’m with you! If Eric dies I’m done with TB for good. He’s the only reason why I stuck around this long, although I do like Bill’s King and god-like arcs.

• Tatjana says:

As far as I am concerned no Eric no TB (and Pam and Lafayette and Jason), but even then it would have been way much better if they ended the episode with Eric , Perola I couldn’t have said it better, I completely agree with you

• Sad says:

agree, what was the idea of switching everything at the very end. It was ridiculous. 5 years of watching everything fit together nicely and then everything changes. Nothing hung together. Cheap shots. It was laughable how things became whatever. Sad really. It was once a very good series, but looks like in order to pay the actors, they had to fire the writers. too bad.

• Matt says:

How could Pam save Eric??? She is a Vampire and can’t be out in the sun just like he can’t…. She would also burst into flames also.

• It seems that in TB verse younger vamps burn slower than really old vamps ie Godric. That’s my guess and I hope it’s right. PLEASE LET THIS BE THE CASE!!!

• Kristin says:

Pam tackled him with so much force she created a new cave! All that snow extinguished the flames and now Eric and Pam are alive and well living in the cave. And plus I’d Eric really was dead Willa would have known! ^_^

• David says:

She was flying as well… As she burns along with Eric, Pam will bomb down onto him pushing into the snow, making a little cavern to hide in.

• Eric (no, not that Eric) says:

Exactly what I thought as well. That would make sense, something TB didn’t necessary have a lot of this season.

• Ken says:

TB knows what they have in Eric……and since when does a main character like Eric die like that without a big production…….NEVER!! Pam saves him…..obviously. The “up in flames” thing doesn’t matter…..as we know…TB Vampires heal very quickly.. They needed their cliffhangers….that’s one of them. And after this season which was unorganized and all over the place…they need a good cliffhanger or two.

• jacie says:

I was thinking the same thing, but it’s probably going to happen that way anyways. I guess in the same way Andy’s daughter randomly stopped aging…

• Xanthor says:

Eric got his blood from Warlow so when he died Erick lost the protection . Bill got the blood from another source which I forgot soits possible all the other vamps who fed off of Bill may have lasted longer giving time to Rescue Erick.

• Kate says:

but if you think about it like that, it showed the light leaving jessica too, who had drank bills blood at the same time that pam did, so wouldnt that mean that the light left her too?

• SarahD says:

Not possible, that scientist took Warlow’s blood for testing and before Bill went off on a killing spree, he drank that blood. So it’s definitely the same source.

• Ames says:

True- though the Warlow story was seemingly pointless, it did answer a few questions lingering since Sookies folks started showing up. If nothing else, for me, it was a much needed “Bon Temps” based story. The show was too “government” based for me, so it was nice to at least see something going on back home. Also – didn’t Erics sister die like a day after being infected (hard to judge time on the show lately)? If so, why are roaming packs of Hep V vamps an issue? Just wait a few days in hiding, and anyone infected should die off. That problem seems to solve itself.

• jgarrett11 says:

I thought the same thing but she was directly injected into her veins …everyone else drank the infected true blood …lol but then I thought about the vampire who was dying like the same day so your right throws hands up …I still hoping eric can be saved some how but if not pam is going to walk into the sun to join him

• Aron says:

If you listened close to Sam/the Reverend’s speech in the church (six months later), they said that Hep V had mutated. So over the six months, I’m guessing that many vampires died from Hep V, a cure was found and used, but the virus mutated and changed, turning vampires into zombies. That’s just a guess, but it explains why they don’t just die after a day like Nora did.

• Not just at the church but the guy interviewing Bill mentioned it mutating too (I do believe).

I have to admit it’s a bit too much ‘Walking Dead’ but I’ll withhold full judgement until next season. One recapper said the vampires ‘shambled’ toward the town meeting. I didn’t see any shambling, LOL.

• Chelsea says:

I’m confused on this hep V thing! In the first season sookie read the human’s mind at bills house and he said “bit me I have hep V” they talked about it and bill said it just makes them weak, now it kills them when it didn’t in season 1? Very comfused. Also Eric can’t be dead! He is signed through season 7!! So he might be like a godric and be in some episodes or he was saved! Either way he will be in season 7! I love him way to much for him to be gone! Lol, I hope season 7 doesn’t seem as rushed as season 5 and 6 did! I want it to be more like the first 4 seasons!! I love true blood!!! #teamsaveeric!!!!!

• Ang says:

During Bill’s TV interview they talk about how Hep V has mutated…

• Eric (no, not that Eric) says:

Excellent point. Eric’s sister melted into a pile of goo within what seemed to be 24 hours, and she never did get ravenously hungry either (tho I figure the producers would say that was only because she accepted her fate with dignity). But seriously, she showed no signs of an uncontrollable feeding frenzy coming on so what gives? Waiting for the explanation till next season damn.

• darkplaguez says:

I would assume its because she(erics sister) was given a shot of it versus taking the virus through the trueblood its self. The main point of the hep v was that it would spread and eventually kill all the vampires but I’m gonna assume that because the dosage wasn’t high enough (a direct shot into the body) all it did was spread between vamps and cause a zombie effect in which they have uncontrollable blood lust. Because erics sister was given a huge dose, but when they put it in the trueblood it was not as much.

• Austin Wager says:

What about the guy’s maker in the prison casket who died when Eric was freeing the prisoners? He was pretty bad off. Unless they injected it into him also, but then again time could be an issue here. I don’t know how much time was it between Nora’s injection and the start of giving the vampires True V-Blood. So… I’m confused here.

• The news report stated that the virus unexpectedly mutated lending to the new form of infected vampire behaviors.

• Rina says:

The virus mutated and is not killing the vamps right away. This was in the news during the episode.

• bloody true says:

Was anyone else grossed out about Tara feeding off her mom, just ’cause. Since True Blood began, feeding off people has had sexual undertones. It was disgusting and incesty. Yuck. I want Alan Ball back.

• Olivia F. says:

I thought the same exact thing!! That was disturbing.

• Eric (no, not that Eric) says:

Ditto. Didn’t find it all forgiving, sharing, nurturing and nourishing – just really tough to watch – so I FF’d.

• jamie says:

my guess is letti mae is infected with the hep v…

• Buffy031 says:

That was my first thought as well. She never said she wasn’t a carrier, she hates that Tara is a vampire…I’m sure she’s a carrier and had now infected her daughter. I’m surprised more people haven’t considered the possibility.

Also, if Eric is gone, then so am I. The entire season would have been wasted, him grieving a sister we pretty much couldn’t stand, then going up in flames. Pam had best have rescued him and nursed him back to health in some lovely chalet.

And finally, am I the only one who is really wishing for a quick staking of Violet when the new season starts? Oh, and what was with the creepy little girl that Sookie was talking to? She must be serving some purpose, or else what an odd scene that was…

• Alyson Long says:

I wondered about the kid too….

Have to say I like Violet!! Lol!! She´s European after all… ;)

• SammieK says:

I think the little girl knows that all/most of the people from Lettie Mae’s church are carriers and this is actually a setup to infect and kill the vampers.

• Maria says:

I was wondering about the little girl. She was really nervous about something and what was up with that frumpy outfit that Sookie was wearing? She looked 80 years old. It just seemed as though it was a dream sequence or something.

• Maria says:

I thought the same exact thing. She never wanted Tara to be a Vampire and I thought this was her way to “do right” by her daughter

• TK says:

Eric can’t be dead as much as Warlow had to die. It can’t be any other way.

Go Granndpa Neil!

• cindy s says:

I loved the actor, Rob Kasinsky. That story line could have been so much better. They decided or he decided at the last minute; lets end this. It was awful and laughable is spot on. The about face like that, in a few minutes was horrible writing. They adjusted everything with characters in 2 scenes. It made no sense.
      Whey would you want to see Arlene that way? Why would you want to see Alcide with Sookie ?(horrible pairing, no chemistry, no good acting on his part), why would Andy not kill Jessica? Why would you want to watch a milder version of Walking Dead? (zombies coming to kill unsuspecting town residents?). It was the worst finale of any show. I loved Rob Kasinsky’s work and that would have been a terrific love story and story development Yes, Eric and Bill never slapped Sookie. But they did a whole lot worse to her, than he ever did in 5 minutes. It was the worst. They lost a lot of viewers with that finale last night, me included.

• Kristen says:

I was thinking the same thing… I was left staring at my tv wondering what the point of “Warlow” ever was. I feel like this whole season was almost a giant circle.

• Steph says:

I love the show and DO NOT want it to go off air.. The story line is a little out there but I still like it.. And I would like to see sookie and bill back together!!💖💖

• Jordan says:

Why are people surprised that Warlow went evil? Does nobody remember his coming into the world on the bridge? He certainly didn’t look the way he does with Sookie.

2. Gilded Lady says:

Dead Eric? Alcide/Sookie? So much no going on T_T I need time to process.

• Mary Ward says:

I don’t think Eric is dead. They didn’t show Pam and she probably made it there in time to save him.

• Travis says:

I agree.

• Nina says:

I hope that eric and Pam are alive. The show will not be the same with out them!!!!!!!!!!! I liked how they Sookie didn’t become warlowe bride. Now Bill and Sookie still have a chance to be together. Can’t wait to see next season

• Jonesy says:

YES! Another Bill/Sookie shipper! We do still exist! Though I may be warming up to Sookie/Alcide (again).

• elaine belles says:

I am another Bill/Sookie shipper. We exist. We just can’t be heard above the eric screaming. I like eric as a character but kind of glad he is gone because maybe now the show can exist without the strident obsessives. In any case, i thought the ending was OK. If Eric is dead then they did it a la Alan Ball. He did the same kind of shocking death in sic=x feet under. But yeah, continuity is not this show’s strong point.

• Shavon Black says:

@Jonesy

Oh yes, we exist. The finale confirmed my longtime suspicion that the show (heck, the books as well) are working up to Bill and Sookie reuniting in the end.

But I do like her with Alcide, if he didn’t go through all of that machismo bulls*t during this season.

in general,t he last two seasons have contained so much WTF got me, not sure if I can keep watching. At least I have until next year to make that decision :P

• Chula says:

Exactly! Anyone who really thinks that Eric is dead cannot be a true fan of the show. I can almost guarantee everyone that Pam got there on time.

• Plain Jane says:

Even if Pam got there on time, wouldn’t they have just gone up in flames together?

• Kristin says:

Pam tackled him with so much force she created a new tent! All that snow extinguished the flames and now Eric and Pam are alive and well living in the cave. See was that so hard? ^_^

• Kristin says:

Not tent cave. Pam tackled him with so much force she created a new cave….I was imaging him in a tent…

• TBfan says:

hated the episode although the first half was ok except for Warlow being totally bipolar and then the second half was one big WTF. And I was thinking as far as Eric’s “nude death” maybe if Pam was given the blood later on then Eric, she would still be able to day walk long enough to save him?

• t86 says:

I agree. I think Pam saved him in time.

• Gilded Lady says:

But would she know where to look? Also still don’t know how he had that much time to get there. I’ll keep fingers crossed.

• Geo says:

Don’t worry, Gilded Lady. In answer to your question, since Eric is Pam’s maker, they share a blood bond, wich allows them to always find each other! Also, they both fly. They can make it anywhere on time!

• Danielle says:

Alexander Skarsgard is in contract through at least Season 7. Eric is the last character they would kill.

• dexx says:

Tv contracts these days tend to mean that an actor or actress is contracted to be on the show IF their option is picked up. It doesn’t mean that they are absolutely guaranteed to be asked to fulfill the contract. With that being said I don’t think that he is dead either, especially due to his popularity.

• Aleksalynn says:

Definitely. Also, full frontal Skarsgard.

• Cassandra says:

Agreed. Bill caught fire and season one and lived another day. Not only did we not see him turn into a pile of goo, but Willa would have felt something if there connection had been severed.

• Liz says:

It was a great episode!! I’m so glad Bill is back to being Bill again! And now I can’t wait to see what will happen between him & Sookie. And it’s good that most of the action will go back to being in BonTemps… like in season 1.
        And fear not, ladies. I bet Eric’s not dead.

• John mcwalters says:

I don’t think Eric is dead. Some how he got away. All I know is Sookie is a straight up bopper! She is whoring out to all the dudes in the show…lol.

• greeneyeliz says:

“Danger whore”.

• Ruby says:

She’s had sex with 4 guys, all of whom have been some kind of relationship. That does not make a woman a whore. Take your antiquated views on women elsewhere.

• Gina says:

Sookie called herself a whore right before she slept with Warlow. So she’s self proclaimed – so lets get that straight right there.

• “Danger whore” is NOT the same thing as a ‘sexual whore’. Danger whore means she ACTIVELY SEEKS DANGER. She was a freaking VIRGIN until she met Bill. Having sex with four different men certainly doesn’t make a woman a whore or a slut or anything else. jeesh.

• Mary says:

“Danger whore” does not mean she’s actively seeking danger and that’s not what she meant by it either. Plus the writers had to know where the viewers minds would go as soon as Sookie declared herself a “danger whore”.

• Seeking out danger is exactly what she meant by it. If she just meant she was a ‘whore’, she would have said ‘whore’. Even SAM pointed out she started going after the more dangerous guy. Danger whore DOES NOT necessarily mean sex. If YOU put that connotation to it, that’s your problem. The word ‘whore’ is used in lots of things that have nothing to do with sex.

• Chris Pelton says:

Yes, Sookie sure is “spreading the wealth” so to say!!! She hit just about all the guys on the show so far, other than her brother and Andy Belf… all I’m wondering is when Lafayette is going to get his chance… lol… Just wonderin’ :) “Danger whore”??? Yeah I’d say she is…. but I wouldn’t kick her out of bed for eating crackers!!!! lol

• Kristin says:

It’s uncertain of Eric is dead or not, because we didn’t completely see him burn all the way. But Pam could not save him, because she would burn also and second, can she really make it from Lousiana to somewhere in the mountains in Sweden in minutes, I don’t think she is that fast. If Eric gets saved, that would be somebody in the mountains. I liked seeing Sookie with Alcide, I think they have good chemistry.

• Evan says:

we never saw Pam after the time jump!! So it is plausible that she saved Eric!

• Omarvelous says:

Pam left while is was still daylight in Louisiana and Warlow died during the night so Pam had more than a few mins

• Stacie says:

Pam left in the daytime, but it was night when Warlow was killed and everyone lost their day walk abilities. So, it wouldn’t have been minutes, but hours. (It was day in the Alps, but they’re 7 or 8 hours ahead)

• Alyson Long says:

It was in Sweden, not the Alps. The Alps are 4hours away from Sweden by plane even. Anyway, I think the difference in time is the same in both areas, in fact I know it is! From the US the time difference is about 4/5 hours depending on the time of year, so plenty of time for Pam to get there.

• Geo says:

Kristin, Pam doesn’t have to make it from Bon Temp to Sweden in minutes. It’s actualy some good hours after she leaves that Warlow dies. Pam leaves Bon Temp when it’s still light out and the other vampires are playing voleyball in Bill’s yard. Whereas Warlow dies after the sun has set. There is definitely a time gap there, there is time. Having said that, I also don’t think Pam is the one who saves him eather, for the simple reason that it is exactly that, too simple. Everyone who wants Eric to not be dead has had this exact idea, that Pam will save him. So, I think it would be kind of lame and lazy of them to do that, and not think of something more original.

• Dark Defender says:

Didn’t Pam leave before the time jump? By my estimation, she had like, 6 months to find Eric.

• Yes but Eric burned before the time jump. I’m curious what becomes of him. I don’t think he’s dead, honestly.Not sure how or why he’s not dead but I’m doubting they’ve killed him off.

• DarkDefender says:

Just re-watched it.. My bad. Eric burns before the time jump (bummer) I still think the time jump is someone’s dream.. Too much was off.. It is kind of like “in Jason’s mind” kind of off.

• Billie says:

Being vampire strong and quick, Eric digs into the ground, as in goes to ground, thus saving himself.

• Shawn says:

A sudden and timely avalanche would do the trick for saving Eric… perhaps caused by his scream of pain?

• darkplaguez says:

no because willa would have felt it and I’m sure she would have said something to tara.

3. Tom says:

I cannot BELIEVE they killed Eric.

4. WTactualF says:

Just cancel it already. That was the worst thing I’ve seen in a loooooong time.

• Liz says:

I SO don’t agree! I was great, and I thought that episode came back to the roots of the show: Bill & Sookie, and everybody in Bon Temps.
      And I’m sure Eric’s not dead.

• EricIsMine says:

I so agree! They have taken everything about True Blood that the fans love and threw it all in the crapper. Worst episode ever! No longer watching.

• Ruby says:

I agree that this is the worst episode ever, but you do realize it’s not the end of the series, right? That they still have more story to tell? Fans, I swear. The second they do something you don’t like, it’s the freaking apocalypse.

5. The only comment I have is “NOOOOOO!!!!!”

6. How come Sam’s accent got 10x thicker when he got elected mayor?

• ValArie says:

Wtf was that is it just me or does anyone else think taras mom was a carrier for hepv. Andvyes Sams accent did get heavier. I thought i read somewhere that the season finale was supposed to be a blood bath not a snore fest.

• Bitsy says:

Yep, I thought the same thing about both Sam’s accent and Tara’s mom! I’m not too unhappy though, Tara is the worst!

• honeybee22 says:

Totally agree about Tara’s mom!! I was like seriously Tara?? Not even gonna make sure??

• kristina says:

I think Tara’s mom is infected as well. I don’t think Eric is dead but it will be interesting how he gets out of this one. Pam will have lost the ability to be in daylight too, so I don’t see how she can save him

• Ari says:

I completely have to agree, I was screaming at the television the whole time when I saw Tara talking with her mom. I was like don’t do it Tara she has Hep V. And also with Eric, I was just shocked, I mean seeing him naked was ummm, omg the Hottest thing ever :D but then to see him burn like wtf!!!!!!!. if he is dead i’m not watching this show again ever. And anothering thing, sookie and alcide…..really?

• Dan says:

I kept saying, “Don’t do it, Tara! Don’t do it!” I really hope Tara amongst the infected is not a storyline next season. It would be more interesting if she has to protect her mom and mom’s hubby.

• ddd says:

Tara is going to die now, that sucks, the new writer of the show sucks, he totally ruined her character. She was just an extra. He is probably racist.

• Mary says:

Tara has been annoying since Season 1 and there are fans that would be happy to see her be killed. As for the new head writer being racist, he would need to kill off more characters than just Tara.

• Ruby says:

I can’t think that her mother hates her so much that she’d give her something on purpose that would torture and kill her. That’s a really cynical way of thinking, IMO.

• Aunt Cathy says:

She has been horrible to Tara during the ENTIRE series. It’s not necessarily about that character’s hate, it’s about selfishness/ego. (Alcoholism the first few seasons & ego the past few seasons.) It wouldn’t surprise me at all for the writers to have her infect Tara as Lettie Mae’s twisted way of ‘saving’ Tara from being a vampire…even if it causes Tara’s ‘true death’.

• Right?!? That is so funny.

• Cassandra says:

Like a true politician he’s playing to his constituents. I did find it funny, but having grown up in the south but being raised by northerners, I don’t usually have an accent. You get me drunk, or in a room with a bunch of rednecks, it will come out.

• I grew up in Texas but haven’t lived there in years. My accent is mostly gone unless I get around other people with a southern accent. My father-in-law is from Boston. He never has an accent either, until he’s around his siblings.

• June says:

Omg I totally noticed that too, I thought nobody else did lol wtf

• Pokie says:

I had the same thoughts! And I would love to know how he became Mayor?
      And my, did he EVER get over Luna super fast!

7. Corvinus says:

Not happy with that finale at all….left me with no edge of my seat cliffhanger. :-(

8. Kristen says:

Bill has been in flames lots of times. I’m holding out that Pam got to Eric and he’s recovering somewhere.

9. rachel. says:

i refuse to believe eric is dead. i am choosing to believe, until i get confirmation otherwise, that pam swooped in just in time and flew him to safety.

10. Amy says:

If Eric is truly gone, I’m done. And they were doing so well this season, until the last 30 minutes.

• Sarah says:

Totally agree. I absolutely love Eric and his Norse God good looks. Last week should have been finale – this week was lame.

• Liz says:

No, this week set the tone for season 7, meaning everyone back in Bon Temps! And for God’s sake calm down people, he’s not dead! *sigh*

11. Cj says:

If that’s how they kill off that was rather sad for his character. I was hoping for better not a good episode

• Cj says:

1)Anyone else think Tara’s Mother was infected and she was just feeding her daughter to kill her ?
      2) warlow’s character was all over the place like the writers kept changing their minds about him
      3) I hope Eric didn’t die. I’ll be pissed if he did. I watched the inside the episode and noticed the director only said Eric burned not that he died
      4) whatever happens to Pam and Tara relationship ? it was like the writers forgot about it
      5) zombie vampires really? I know Nora probably got a stronger does than what was in the infected true blood but it still probably Gould be killing them or at least Marjory weakening them

Next season better be great this season was all over the place

• Rachel says:

If you go back to the beginning of Warlow’s character it does say he is a total contradiction. Like why didn’t he just slaughter everyone at the end rather than just locking them up? Because the fairy part and the vampire part of him were constantly at war. That part I understood. Eric had better not be dead, that’s all I have to say about that. I have always wanted Sookie and Eric to end up together. I feel like there was two episodes skipped between the first half of the episode and the last half of the episode and we got totally short changed this season.

• ddd says:

Yes, Tara’s mother just murdered her daughter. Tara had no lines this season. They are writing her off. She is clearly going to die at the beginning of S7.

12. Ashley says:

Whoever was involved in killing off Eric deserves a dose of Hep-V…

13. Patchi says:

I hate to say it bc I love the show but it sucked. WTF Eric better not be dead, he had one scene in the entire episode and now we have to wait a year to find out what happened. They made us like Warlow then turned him into a douche at the last minute, I wanted to see more of him. I hate Violet she should have died. No Jason and Eric dream. Alcide was a douche all season, the producers deprived us of those abs all season my god he is hot. Didn’t like one thing about the finale and now we have zombie vampires ugh

14. Rebecca says:

A) If Eric Northman met the true death, I am not watching this show anymore.
    B) I really wanted Warlow to not go all psycho, and to stick around some more, but I guess maaaagic Sookie can’t save everyone
    C) Zombie vampires, really?

All in all, a way more solid season than the last 2, and I hope I can keep watching it!

15. D says:

Is Eric dead?

16. Ryan says:

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALEXANDER SKARSGARD!!!

17. Bella says:

That was the worst episode I’ve ever seen. It was like the writers literally lost all their IQ points before writing that crap. I usually stick with a show till the end but I think that’s it for me

18. D says:

I loved it….

19. Cory says:

Is that really how they’re going to have Eric go out?! Me no likey!!

20. S says:

If Eric is really dead then I am done with TB. I can’t believe this is possibly his ending WTF I couldn’t even half pay attention to the rest of the ep I was so angry n upset seeing my Eric burn :’(

• Janet Gorman says:

I agree! I was waiting for them to get back to Eric or Pam for confirmation! This as a cliff hanger is dumb it doesn’t leave me on the edge of my seat it pisses me off! If he is gone I won’t watch and I won’t even watch the premiere until I have confirmation he is back! The last 30 minutes were so boring if you are not returning to eric or pam then do something with my time that matters! not a good way to end the season!

• Kristin says:

Pam is not going to sense Eric, because they separated earlier in this season, he let her go or something like that. If Eric gets saved, somebody else will save him.

• Tim says:

Kristin’s right. Eric severed his ties to Pam as her maker and released her. She would not have been able to sense him anymore nor would she have felt it if he met the true death. For that matter, Willow might not have felt it either since she’s a baby vampire.

• Geo says:

Kristin, releasing her does not break the blood bond one has with their vampire maker. It just sets them free, to not be obligated to their maker anymore. Pam was made vampire by Eric’s blood, it flows inside her. Remember in season 2? Eric new exactly where to find his maker, even though he had released him a long time ago.
          Pam can find him, there’s no question about that.
          I just aggree with you, she won’t be the one to save him. It would be lame.

21. Janet Gorman says:

HORRIBLE!!! I’m so pissed off! I don’t think they could have pissed me off more and what a way for Mr. Ball to go out! Coming off a great episode last week this one not only pissed me off because of Eric and the not knowing aspect but also due to the fact that the 2nd half of the episode is a snore fest! Seriously the 2nd half of the episode I just wanted to know about Pam and Eric! If you’re not going to go back to them then give me something interesting to see! And renaming the restaurant was dumb!

• Janet Gorman says:

wait I thought Allan Ball leaves after today’s episode! I didn’t see his name in the credits for writing it but he is credited on IMDB! Maybe he didn’t put his name on the episode credits because he knew it was horrendous?!

• Janet Gorman says:

Alan Ball left last season so that is why this season’s writing was bad! I’m kinda having a convo by myself here and it’s fun I have to say! haha

22. Carol says:

ok, that was shocking … i know that the rumor ( of Eric dying ) existed but…. WHY??? why was Eric death ( or true death ) necessary, God, the books final sucks!! ( for me …) and now this!!!!! WTF True Blood, just WTF!!!

• Janet Gorman says:

I couldn’t finish the last book! I loved the others so much and I couldn’t bring myself to read something that conflicted with how I wanted it to end in my mind! Charlaine is entitled to end it however she wants and I’m entitled to not read it because of that! LOL I hope he isn’t dead but whether he is or isn’t that episode was not good at all!

• Carol says:

the final of the book was…horrible, even when the whole final of the book was posted on internet, I read the book ( but i did not buy it!!) and it was not good at all. But I have hope, that Pam or Someone ( i dont care how!!!!!! or who!!!!) saved Eric!!!! I will not give up!!!! until I have some confirmation. If TB wanted to be hooked on season 7, well they did their job!!!

• Robin says:

Try reading Tasting Sin on the fan fiction website. Awesome alternative to the Sookie books…I like it much better and Sookie and Eric seem to be ending up together (it isn’t finished yet – but they are committed to each other, so that is something.)

As for the show…at least this season was better than last season…and Eric’s not dead since he’ll be back next season.

Must say, so glad Alcide cut that hair…

23. Patchi says:

I don’t believe Eric is dead I’m sure Pam flew him to safety and that will strengthen their bond next season. He is a main character if that was it, it’s pathetic

24. Mary Ward says:

I really don’t think Eric is dead. They didn’t show Pam and she was going to him. She probably made it in time. Everyone needs to calm down. He’ll be back.

• Kristin says:

If Eric was burning, Pam would be burning too, I doesn’t make sense. Also she is not that fast to fly around the world in 1 minute.

25. Dave says:

Were they serious?! That was the most disappointing, boring & useless season finale I’ve ever seen. After last week’s amazing episode (THAT should have been the finale), I was expecting at least something worthwhile happening. No such luck. And like the rest of you, if Eric is dead, then I’m not watching. They should have killed that b**** Sarah, at least then some good would have come from this waste of time!

26. Me says:

Eric had the best scene hands down and he’s very nice looking “wink wink”

27. Jaime says:

Hep V turning vamps into Walker vamps?? REALLY?? Ugh, way to cash in on the zombie craze now that vampires are out…

28. Jessica says:

If Eric is gone…I’m gone. Simple enough!

• Janet Gorman says:

I’m with ya there! If I get confirmation he is back next season I will watch but I’m not watching to find out if he is! And if he is gone that was a horrible way for him to go out! I’m not happy!

29. Jimmy says:

Here’s hoping Pam showed up and quickly dragged Eric underground. Wouldn’t Willa has known Eric, her maker, had died? Not even that little bit of full frontal we got would be worth this true death.

30. SC says:

I think the writers said, “Oh no, the fans are going to be so mad if we kill Eric!” So another writer said, “Let them see him naked. It will soften the blow!” I too hope Pam swoops in for the rescue.

31. Vanessa G. says:

WHERE’S MY SO LONG WAITED JESS AND JASON? COME ON!

32. S says:

How could Pam save Eric though?? She’d be burning right along with him :’(

33. I also am refusing to believe that Eric is dead. Since we don’t know if Pam got to him on time. I’m thinking she did.

34. lindilu says:

“Sexy and provocative”? The writers are disgusting. Do they think the only think fans care about is a penis. They let this great character go down like that screaming in agony and they promote it as seeing “more” of Eric and that it’s “sexy and provocative” something for the straight and gay. Are they delusional? Do they think that low of their fans…or should I say former fans? I’m sickened by what I saw and how they promoted it.

35. Jerry says:

The last 30 minutes was the worst 30 minutes of this shows history. Get rid of Tara, honestly. And the whole thing with the church was a complete was of time. People want to see action and depth, not this half ass “guess you’ll have to wait till next season” mentality.

36. Mary Ward says:

Weren’t they talking about this past season being the last and then instead are going another season? I think they planned to kill of Eric but the plans changed with the upcoming season.

37. bt says:

I don’t think Eric is really dead, besides that Warlow’s death was way to anti climatic

38. Patrick Maloney says:

I thought the season started off strong, stalled in the middle but ended back on top

39. Meredith says:

Kinda sad about the way Warlow turned out. Although, given Sookie’s flashback last episode to when he appeared as a deranged d-head in her bathroom I think the writers were trying to tell us something. And I’m not gonna lie, I really like her w/ Alcide and am glad they redeemed his character. Pretty sure Pam was not able to save Eric as her fairy sunblock would have worn off too; keeping my fingers crossed he managed to save himself otherwise that is the most worthless death scene EVER. Can we start an online petition or Kickstarter campaign and pay the writers to kill off Violet?

• Kristin says:

I agree about Pam, but there is also a chance that some mountain people could have saved Eric, so there is a possibility that he would be back. I also liked seeing Sookie with Alcide, they have good chemistry together.

40. Andrea says:

There is no way that Pam could have saved him, because she would be in the same situation as him when the “essense” disappeared. BUT you never know anymore with this show…

41. Alrisha says:

Worst season finale EVER. Very anti-climatic. The last two episodes? boooooorrrriiinnnggg.
    I heard Alexander S. was leaving, so I was kind on expecting for Eric to died, but please, please tell me that no the way you send a major character out.
    Seriously, the writers of TB look like they got some kind of personality disorder: one day they made a character likable and then is a d***, one they Sam is madly in love of one chick and two day after that chick died, he is in love to some other random girl, and go, go and go…
    This season was better that the last two, but that ones s-u-c-k to much is no really a reference.
    Please writers, the reason we love true blood is that is not twilight. Stop all the love thing and go back to the stories you showed in the 3 first season.

• Janet Gorman says:

yea it was horrible!! you don’t send out a major character like that! that is if he is gone but either way it was crap! and then to have warlow change so quickly didn’t make sense at all and didn’t fit! and then the last half of the episode was so boring!

• Amanda says:

It did seem like the characters flip flopped a lot. First Sam loves Luna, two days later he’s in love with Nicole. Sookie declares her love for Bill & Eric, two weeks later she loves Warlow, then she’s with Alcide (finally a good choice for both of them). Alcide is a douche bag, then he’s nice and living with Sookie. So many characters are schizophrenic. Hope the new season has more consistency.

42. Williwasnt says:

Either Eric shows up leading a pack of those wild vampires next season, or Pam does, having gone mad after losing Eric.

43. Maria says:

That finale was such bullsh*t.

44. shboogies says:

Oh so Sookie proclaimed love to two different men, hated Bill with a lusty passion but ended up with the guy she made eyes with and spoke to twice the entire season. Yeah, that makes sense. Good job, writers.

• Janet Gorman says:

haha THANK YOU!

• Alrisha says:

Well, that made more sense than Sam ended out with that girl (whatever her name is), just a couple of days after losing the woman he “loved”.

• Lia says:

Don’t be too harsh, Sookie and Alcide have known each other for years. It isn’t just because they were apart for a few months that a relationship isn’t possible.

• Alrisha says:

No one is saying is not possible, just not believable for the way the season was developed. They pretty much never interact with each other for 10 episodes and then. out of nowhere they live together.

• Mary says:

The whole fast forward was unbelievable. Sam the mayor, Bill an author, Arlene a business owner, and Sookie living with Alcide.

• WTactualF says:

Um no, they met in S3 which was only about a year ago and a half. And only about 6 months in Sookie’s reality.

Hardly call that years.

• Jmkb says:

Crap writing all season. Alan Ball leaving made a clear difference. No way Eric is dead but I bet he doesn’t turn up for a couple of episodes next season…and for the first time I’m not dying for next June. I keep comparing the vampire hoard to Billith’s emergence last year at it’s just so blah.

45. Cin says:

Fairly confident we will see Eric alive and well next season.

Loved the Lettie Mae/Tara scene. Great job by both actresses.

46. Terrible, terrible, terrible last half hour. Even if Eric does come back (and I’m wary that he might not), I have zero interest in feral vamps, forced vamp/human hookups for security’s sake or Bill Compton’s “redemption.” If Eric is gone, I’m done and if he comes back…they’re going to have to work as hard as Jason does on Violet to get me back because that completely SUCKED.

47. kelly says:

I dont get it. They make Warlow crazy in like 5 seconds, which shouldve been drawn out over multiple episodes. And if they really did kill Eric (hoping not true) that was a craptastic way to do it. Terry’s death lasted 3 episodes and Eric goes out like that. No way! P.s. anyone else think that Tara’s mom is infected? Last wk was great this wka suckfest.

• Janet Gorman says:

so agree and totally think she is infected too!! last week was such a brilliant episode and this week was the worst episode to date! if eric was killed that way that was horrible and lame! Terry’s death was already a lame way to go out at least he had a good funeral! this episode was so horrible I’m pissed off and bummed out! I expected Eric to die already. I won’t watch next season unless I know for sure he is back!

• Amanda says:

I agree. I wish we had seen a really mean, dangerous Warlow for more than just 20 minutes. It could have been really interesting. And I HOPE Lettie Mae is infected, that way Sookie, Pam, Eric, etc all have to come together for the cure. I don’t think Eric is dead, we didn’t see bloody goo (like with Steve Newlin) and Bill got burned pretty bad trying to save Sookie in the first season, so my money’s on the Viking.

• Molly says:

Exactly my first thought…Lettie Mae is a carrier doing what she thinks is best for Tara

• Ruby says:

The Worlow thing could have been brilliant, and instead it was a huge mess. They keep him tied to a tree for 4 episodes and then finally give him a little bit to do in the last ep? Ugh. What a waste of an interesting character and an interesting actor. They need to come up with a way to resurrect him and make him a real antagonist, otherwise this entire storyline was completely wasted.

48. Andrea says:

What are they trying to do? Pull a Game Of Thrones on us again?

• Jillian says:

Only difference is Game of Thrones can go on without Robb and Catelyn Stark. True Blood won’t survive without Eric Northman. I’m guessing his fan base makes up 60% of the shows viewers, if not more.

• Cheeky says:

How dare you compare GOT with this crap pile!

49. Briana says:

I think Pam got to him on time. And guaranteed Tara’s psycho mom is infected with Hep V and that is why she let Tara feed off her :(

• Ben says:

Eric was burning in snow. Next season will show him sinking or digging into the the deep snow and surviving. Easy.

• Billie says:

Right, going to ground. Vampires do it all the time in times of crisis. I never understood why Bill didn’t do it in Season 1 when he started burning.

• mimmi says:

i think taras mom is scared hep-v vamps ands wants protection from her daughter and that’s why she let tara feed on her :) -girl from finland

50. anne says:

Well Alexander Skarsgaard has a blooming movie career. “What Maisie Knew” is really good. Maybe he wanted out. How could Pam save him when she would be bursting into flames too?

• Mary says:

Eric is too popular of a character to kill him off so suddenly. If Alex Skarsgaard decides to leave the show I imagine it would be announced months in advance to give fans time to adjust to the news. Killing off a fan favorite with no warning doesn’t make fans think “wow, I never saw that coming. TB is such a great show.”