Lauren Graham Reunites With The CW, Debut Novel in Development at Network

Get More: News

Lauren Graham Book Becoming TV SeriesLorelai Gilmore is coming home.

The CW is working with its former star (and Gilmore Girls alum) Lauren Graham to develop a series based on the actress’ first novel, Someday, Someday Maybe, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | The CW Puts Flash on Fast Track, Hits Pause on Wonder Woman, Lets Fly With Big Arrow Spoiler

Graham will pen the script which, like the semi-autobiographical book on which it is based, follows a young woman nearing the end of a self-imposed time limit to find success as an actress in New York City.

Graham will also executive-produce the project with Ellen DeGeneres’ A Very Good Production, Jeff Kleeman (The Change-Up) and Warner Bros. TV, which also produced Gilmore.

The actress currently plays Sarah Braverman on NBC’s Parenthood. She discussed her foray into the publishing world during a recent visit to TVLine’s New York offices. Press PLAY on the video below to hear Graham talk about her book (among other things), then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (21)

• I would definitely watch this show!

Comment by c-mo – August 16, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren is great. I have faith that if she’s writing t script we won’t see the usual melodramatic teen centric shows the CW always gives us. I can’t wait!

Comment by Cherry – August 16, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She talked about this at length on the Nerdist podcast that was released on Wednesday

Comment by Newo – August 16, 2013 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be great if she also starred as well!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – August 16, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No because then she wouldn’t be on Parenthood

Comment by Nick – August 16, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And the only reason she is on Parenthood is that she was a last minute replacement in the role already cast with Maura Tierney. Tierney’s breast cancer diagnosis forced her to withdraw.

Comment by HAP – August 17, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to force myself to finish the book before I can express much of an opinion about this! I just can’t get into it.

Comment by lariet50 – August 16, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate the title. Hope they change it.

Comment by dude – August 16, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She said that right now the working title is Unfamous, I think

Comment by Maris – August 16, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the book’s name but Lauren said the tv show will be named Unfamous, which I also love.

Comment by Nuni – August 16, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was fast.

Comment by May – August 16, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I don’t know if I should read the book. It seems when I watch TV shows based on books, I get really angry about how much they change them. But maybe if she’s writing the script…

Comment by Babybop – August 16, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should definitely read the book. It’s great!

Comment by Nuni – August 16, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for Lauren, I’m huge fan, I really going to watch this!

Comment by Amanda – August 16, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW is the perfect network to adapt this book into a series. Looking forward to it.

Comment by Jared – August 16, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • has anyone read the book? how was it?

Comment by Elyse – August 17, 2013 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really good. Fun and sweet.

Comment by Nuni – August 17, 2013 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lovely. It’s funny, heartfelt, relatable, she really gave it her voice. I highly recommend it!

Comment by Philipp – August 17, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off into obscurity on The CW.

Comment by Bob – August 19, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would definitely watch it!! Lauren is so great!!!

Comment by 21darkandtwisty – August 20, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post