USA Sets White Collar, Covert Affairs Returns

white collar season 5USA Network unveiled its fall premiere calendar on Thursday, and it features return dates for White Collar and Covert Affairs, as well as the off-network launch of Modern Family.

White Collar‘s fifth season will kick off Thursday, Oct. 17 at 9/8c, leading into the return of Covert Affairs at 10/9c (unspooling its final six Season 4 episodes).

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

Modern Family reruns, meanwhile, will make their USA debut on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 8/7c and will air five nights a week.

Holiday-themed reality series It Takes a Choir — which follows choirmaster Gareth Malone as he unites “an unexpected mix of characters through the spellbinding power of music” — bows Sunday, Nov. 3 at 8/7c.

And as previously reported, Psych‘s two-hour musical episode is set to air Sunday, Dec. 15 at 9/8c.

1. Margaret says:

finally!! I’ve missed having White Collar on TV this summer!

2. Alicia says:

White Collar!!!!

3. ktbanks says:

Grr….why did Covert Affairs have to move to Thursdays?! There’s no more room on my DVR for it!

• John says:

When that happens to me I’ll look for one of the repeats they now all do late in the night or on a subsequent day. On one of my fewer channel TiVo’s I now get Royal Pains that way at the midnight repeat from of the original broadcast just a few hours earlier.

• k says:

They replay it a few hours after original air and then at least once more throughout the week. Just dvr it on another airing.

4. Alex says:

So late…argh. I’ve missed White Collar this summer, though the last season left a lot to be desired. Hope season 5 is better.

5. Roni says:

I’m very excited for White Collar’s return, but I really wish they hadn’t moved both WC and Covert Affairs to Thursday. That night is already way overcrowded for me.

6. Babygate says:

Why are they moving CA to Thursdays? The ratings are going to suffer…

7. joey says:

I’m excited for White Collar’s new season. I can’t wait to see the new promo video for new season.

8. Sparky says:

When is Suits coming back and can we move it back to Thursday nights – hate having it on Tues??

9. Ram510 says:

If Modern Family is airing 5 nights a week does that include Monday? Does that mean Raw is going back to 2 hours instead of 3

10. Baileigh says:

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy that White Collar finally has a return date but is Thursday night the best idea for this show? It will be going up against Glee and Grey’s Anatomy and potentially The Originals if the CW decides to move the TVD spin off to Thursday nights.

11. buckyr64 says:

Happy Endings would look great on USA with Modern Family. Shame on USA for not getting it done. Modern Family, Happy Endings and Psyche would make for a fun fun night. Shame USA!

12. Mel says:

White Collar is much better as a summer show!

13. HAP says:

Pairing Covert Affairs with Suits made for a highly enjoyable two hours. Are there anymore CA episodes this summer, or has it already gone on hiatus?

14. A says:

I really wish USA could make crossovers for their shows. I mean it would be so simple (storywise). Both Suits and White Collar are set in New York and Annie is a spy on Covert Affairs so it doesn’t matter where her show is based. It would be awesome to see the Suits boys and the WC boys together with a little action from Annie Walker! I would love to see their interactions, but sadly so far I can only picture them in my head.
    Also, really wish they hadn’t made the date switch for White Collar. Thursday nights are already packed enough as it is.

15. AymieJoi says:

So excited for Gareth Malone’s special. He did some amazing shows on British TV (now on YouTube). I love his work!!

16. greysfan says:

Are they mad moving CA to Thursdays? That is the biggest night of broadcast tv for me with 9 shows already. Going to be a busy busy Friday catching up.

17. Paula White says:

I totally missed White Collar. I can’t believe that it was just virtually disappeared from the T.V. after being on for some ten hours a week! Please don’t do that again.

18. TP says:

poor move to have it on thurdays… and up against Scandal. I really like cover affairs, but the show is really gonna suffer for this move. No way it will beat Scandal. Bad move USA.