USA Sets White Collar, Covert Affairs Returns

Get More: Scheduling News

white collar season 5USA Network unveiled its fall premiere calendar on Thursday, and it features return dates for White Collar and Covert Affairs, as well as the off-network launch of Modern Family.

White Collar‘s fifth season will kick off Thursday, Oct. 17 at 9/8c, leading into the return of Covert Affairs at 10/9c (unspooling its final six Season 4 episodes).

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

Modern Family reruns, meanwhile, will make their USA debut on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 8/7c and will air five nights a week.

Holiday-themed reality series It Takes a Choir — which follows choirmaster Gareth Malone as he unites “an unexpected mix of characters through the spellbinding power of music” — bows Sunday, Nov. 3 at 8/7c.

And as previously reported, Psych‘s two-hour musical episode is set to air Sunday, Dec. 15 at 9/8c.

Comments (22)

• finally!! I’ve missed having White Collar on TV this summer!

Comment by Margaret – August 15, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar!!!!

Comment by Alicia – August 15, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They usually repeat it a few hours later in the wee hours. I often tape my cable shows at their second viewing.

Comment by margo – August 15, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grr….why did Covert Affairs have to move to Thursdays?! There’s no more room on my DVR for it!

Comment by ktbanks – August 15, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When that happens to me I’ll look for one of the repeats they now all do late in the night or on a subsequent day. On one of my fewer channel TiVo’s I now get Royal Pains that way at the midnight repeat from of the original broadcast just a few hours earlier.

Comment by John – August 15, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They replay it a few hours after original air and then at least once more throughout the week. Just dvr it on another airing.

Comment by k – August 15, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish more of the broadcast networks did this.

Comment by John – August 15, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So late…argh. I’ve missed White Collar this summer, though the last season left a lot to be desired. Hope season 5 is better.

Comment by Alex – August 15, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very excited for White Collar’s return, but I really wish they hadn’t moved both WC and Covert Affairs to Thursday. That night is already way overcrowded for me.

Comment by Roni – August 15, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are they moving CA to Thursdays? The ratings are going to suffer…

Comment by Babygate – August 15, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for White Collar’s new season. I can’t wait to see the new promo video for new season.

Comment by joey – August 15, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Suits coming back and can we move it back to Thursday nights – hate having it on Tues??

Comment by Sparky – August 15, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Modern Family is airing 5 nights a week does that include Monday? Does that mean Raw is going back to 2 hours instead of 3

Comment by Ram510 – August 15, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get me wrong, I am happy that White Collar finally has a return date but is Thursday night the best idea for this show? It will be going up against Glee and Grey’s Anatomy and potentially The Originals if the CW decides to move the TVD spin off to Thursday nights.

Comment by Baileigh – August 15, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings would look great on USA with Modern Family. Shame on USA for not getting it done. Modern Family, Happy Endings and Psyche would make for a fun fun night. Shame USA!

Comment by buckyr64 – August 15, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar is much better as a summer show!

Comment by Mel – August 15, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pairing Covert Affairs with Suits made for a highly enjoyable two hours. Are there anymore CA episodes this summer, or has it already gone on hiatus?

Comment by HAP – August 15, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish USA could make crossovers for their shows. I mean it would be so simple (storywise). Both Suits and White Collar are set in New York and Annie is a spy on Covert Affairs so it doesn’t matter where her show is based. It would be awesome to see the Suits boys and the WC boys together with a little action from Annie Walker! I would love to see their interactions, but sadly so far I can only picture them in my head.
    Also, really wish they hadn’t made the date switch for White Collar. Thursday nights are already packed enough as it is.

Comment by A – August 15, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Gareth Malone’s special. He did some amazing shows on British TV (now on YouTube). I love his work!!

Comment by AymieJoi – August 15, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they mad moving CA to Thursdays? That is the biggest night of broadcast tv for me with 9 shows already. Going to be a busy busy Friday catching up.

Comment by greysfan – August 16, 2013 02:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally missed White Collar. I can’t believe that it was just virtually disappeared from the T.V. after being on for some ten hours a week! Please don’t do that again.

Comment by Paula White – October 1, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • poor move to have it on thurdays… and up against Scandal. I really like cover affairs, but the show is really gonna suffer for this move. No way it will beat Scandal. Bad move USA.

Comment by TP – October 17, 2013 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post