Exclusive

Carrie Diaries Exclusive: Meet Carrie's Big Season 2 Love -- Should Sebastian Be Worried?

The Carrie Diaries Cast Chris WoodA major new romance is on the horizon for young Carrie Bradshaw.

The Carrie Diaries has tapped relative newcomer Chris Wood (Major Crimes, Girls) to join the Season 2 cast as a big (no, not that Big) love interest for the show’s titular fashionista, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTO | The Carrie Diaries: Lindsey Gort as Young Samantha

Described as a “wunderkind playwright,” Woods’ alter-ego, Adam Weaver, will develop a professional relationship with Carrie — one that quickly turns very personal. Shares executive producer Amy B. Harris, “Their romance will have a huge impact on Carrie and her ‘coming of age’ story, and will have profound repercussions for her and Sebastian.” (Sebastian, meanwhile, will have his hands full with Molly Sims.)

The Carrie Diaries’ sophomore season begins Friday, Oct. 25 at 8/7c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop

1. Bass Drum says:

Still don’t know why is this show on air !?! Ratings for season 1 were pitiful. The show will get cancelled after few weeks , i can feel it. They shouldn’t waste more money.

• wordsmith says:

This show (like several others on the CW) is actually way better than it has any right to be, both in terms of the writing and the performances. It’s still on because they’re hoping that more people figure that out.

• Luther says:

Because the streaming numbers were strong. It will at least make it through season two, the CW doesn’t cancel anything midseason unless its a DOA new show.

• brycealexander says:

Because it was freaking perfect. From a production standpoint, season one was perfect. Obviously it had its snafus, but the tone, message and acting was spectacular. It was something you’d be stupid to give up. Plus the numbers were acceptable CW quality, especially if you factor in streaming numbers.

• Temperenace says:

Perhaps because it’s a great show, and they think the audience (in demo DVR and streaming were strong) will build. They’ll make and air at least 13 more.

2. Cassie says:

I was really hoping they would cast the guy who played Billy on Jane by Design for this show. Although if it gets canceled he would be out of work again, but I think he would be a perfect fit.

• Maggie says:

oh he would have been perfect!! I was just thinking about JBD after seeing the guy who played Nick got cast on Parenthood.

• Cassie says:

That’s what made me think of it too. I was kind of bummed when I clicked on that article and it wasn’t him, but then I thought how great would it be to give Carrie and fans the dilemma of having 2 great guys to chose from(assuming Sebastian redeems himself).

3. Cherry says:

They need to be more adventurous when it comes to how they depict and talk about sex. Hopefully introducing Samantha will help this.

• liz says:

I think they will as the series progresses. But I thought season one was pretty honest to how girls their age, in that specific time period and geographic region would have thought about sex. I’m sure Sam is really going to shake things up.

• dude says:

I don’t see them getting any more risque than Gossip Girl got. This is still The CW.

4. Elyse says:

I loved the Carrie Diaries last season! I’m so glad the CW is giving it another chance and picked it up for a second season!! :)

5. liz says:

Cool! I’m not that attached to Sebastian, so a new guy will be interesting. I hope they don’t decide to actually introduce Big at some point. I’m not a stickler for canon here, but it would feel forced.

6. Cherry says:

I’d love to see this show live on. Every 2 seasons I introduce Miranda and Charlotte. That’d be great

7. Katy says:

Get rid of Sebastian! He is dead weight to the show! The boy playing him is board! No appeal to him whatsoever.

8. sarah says:

Sounds like the same character in the 2nd Carrie Diaries book but his name is Capote.

9. DavidSask says:

Sebastian does need to leave series!

10. Vanessa says:

I don’t care about the negative comments about this show. I think it’s great. I love the flash back to the 80s and it’s full of drama. Annasophia robb plays the part perfectly. It’s different from todays shows, I think that networks should make more 70s 80s and 90s time shows more often. I’m starting to watch TV Alot less because of todays crappy shows.