Carrie Diaries Exclusive: Meet Carrie's Big Season 2 Love — Should Sebastian Be Worried?

The Carrie Diaries Cast Chris WoodA major new romance is on the horizon for young Carrie Bradshaw.

The Carrie Diaries has tapped relative newcomer Chris Wood (Major Crimes, Girls) to join the Season 2 cast as a big (no, not that Big) love interest for the show’s titular fashionista, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTO | The Carrie Diaries: Lindsey Gort as Young Samantha

Described as a “wunderkind playwright,” Woods’ alter-ego, Adam Weaver, will develop a professional relationship with Carrie — one that quickly turns very personal. Shares executive producer Amy B. Harris, “Their romance will have a huge impact on Carrie and her ‘coming of age’ story, and will have profound repercussions for her and Sebastian.” (Sebastian, meanwhile, will have his hands full with Molly Sims.)

The Carrie Diaries’ sophomore season begins Friday, Oct. 25 at 8/7c.

Comments (20)

• Still don’t know why is this show on air !?! Ratings for season 1 were pitiful. The show will get cancelled after few weeks , i can feel it. They shouldn’t waste more money.

Comment by Bass Drum – August 15, 2013 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show (like several others on the CW) is actually way better than it has any right to be, both in terms of the writing and the performances. It’s still on because they’re hoping that more people figure that out.

Comment by wordsmith – August 15, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really well put! Totally agree too. Its really strong, from every angle. Love it.

Comment by liz – August 16, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because the streaming numbers were strong. It will at least make it through season two, the CW doesn’t cancel anything midseason unless its a DOA new show.

Comment by Luther – August 15, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because it was freaking perfect. From a production standpoint, season one was perfect. Obviously it had its snafus, but the tone, message and acting was spectacular. It was something you’d be stupid to give up. Plus the numbers were acceptable CW quality, especially if you factor in streaming numbers.

Comment by brycealexander – August 15, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perhaps because it’s a great show, and they think the audience (in demo DVR and streaming were strong) will build. They’ll make and air at least 13 more.

Comment by Temperenace – August 19, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping they would cast the guy who played Billy on Jane by Design for this show. Although if it gets canceled he would be out of work again, but I think he would be a perfect fit.

Comment by Cassie – August 15, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh he would have been perfect!! I was just thinking about JBD after seeing the guy who played Nick got cast on Parenthood.

Comment by Maggie – August 15, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what made me think of it too. I was kind of bummed when I clicked on that article and it wasn’t him, but then I thought how great would it be to give Carrie and fans the dilemma of having 2 great guys to chose from(assuming Sebastian redeems himself).

Comment by Cassie – August 15, 2013 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to be more adventurous when it comes to how they depict and talk about sex. Hopefully introducing Samantha will help this.

Comment by Cherry – August 16, 2013 02:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they will as the series progresses. But I thought season one was pretty honest to how girls their age, in that specific time period and geographic region would have thought about sex. I’m sure Sam is really going to shake things up.

Comment by liz – August 16, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see them getting any more risque than Gossip Girl got. This is still The CW.

Comment by dude – August 16, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the Carrie Diaries last season! I’m so glad the CW is giving it another chance and picked it up for a second season!! :)

Comment by Elyse – August 16, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool! I’m not that attached to Sebastian, so a new guy will be interesting. I hope they don’t decide to actually introduce Big at some point. I’m not a stickler for canon here, but it would feel forced.

Comment by liz – August 16, 2013 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see this show live on. Every 2 seasons I introduce Miranda and Charlotte. That’d be great

Comment by Cherry – August 16, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get rid of Sebastian! He is dead weight to the show! The boy playing him is board! No appeal to him whatsoever.

Comment by Katy – August 16, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like the same character in the 2nd Carrie Diaries book but his name is Capote.

Comment by sarah – August 16, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sebastian does need to leave series!

Comment by DavidSask – August 17, 2013 12:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care about the negative comments about this show. I think it’s great. I love the flash back to the 80s and it’s full of drama. Annasophia robb plays the part perfectly. It’s different from todays shows, I think that networks should make more 70s 80s and 90s time shows more often. I’m starting to watch TV Alot less because of todays crappy shows.

Comment by Vanessa – September 12, 2013 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post