TVLine Items: Eastbound & Down Lands Lindsay Lohan, That '70s Show Tragedy and More
The tabloid magnet will guest-star in a wedding-themed episode of the HBO comedy’s final season, E! Online reports, playing the daughter of a main character.
Lohan, who recently completed a court-mandated stint in rehab, will next air her dirty laundry on OWN’s Oprah’s Next Chapter. The episode airs Aug. 18.
In other TV news today…
• That ’70s Show star Lisa Robin Kelly, who played the elder Foreman sibling on the Fox comedy, died Wednesday night at a rehab facility in California, TMZ reports. The actress’ rep tells the site that Kelly, who’d struggled with an alcohol problem for years, recently voluntarily checked herself in for treatment.
• Josh Gad (1600 Penn) will co-star opposite Billy Crystal in the FX pilot The Comedians, Deadline reports. The prospective series centers on a superstar comedian (Crystal) who reluctantly is paired with a younger, edgier comic (Gad) for a late-night sketch show.
• Johnathon Schaech has been tapped to do that thing he does on The CW’s midseason drama Star-Crossed, EW.com reports. Schaech (Ray Donovan) will recur as the uncle of Matt Lanter’s alien teen Roman.
• 30 Rock‘s Dean Winters and rapper Kid Cudi have nabbed guest spots in Fox’s new fall comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Per EW.com, Winters will play a rival of Andy Samberg’s doofy-but-competent detective. Cudi, meanwhile, guests as a former con caught in the middle of a robbery case, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Francie Swift (Gossip Girl) has joined CBS’ new fall drama Hostages as the wife of Dylan McDermott’s character, per TVGuide.com.
• Disney Channel staple Luke Benward has landed a recurring role in ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars spin-off Ravenswood. Per HollywoodLife.com, he’ll play the boyfriend of leading lady Olivia (Merritt Patterson).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?