TVLine Items: Eastbound & Down Lands Lindsay Lohan, That '70s Show Tragedy and More

Lindsay Lohan Eastbound & Down CastLindsay Lohan‘s career is headed Eastbound & Down.

The tabloid magnet will guest-star in a wedding-themed episode of the HBO comedy’s final season, E! Online reports, playing the daughter of a main character.

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled Shows

Lohan, who recently completed a court-mandated stint in rehab, will next air her dirty laundry on OWN’s Oprah’s Next Chapter. The episode airs Aug. 18.

In other TV news today…

That ’70s Show star Lisa Robin Kelly, who played the elder Foreman sibling on the Fox comedy, died Wednesday night at a rehab facility in California, TMZ reports. The actress’ rep tells the site that Kelly, who’d struggled with an alcohol problem for years, recently voluntarily checked herself in for treatment.

• Josh Gad (1600 Penn) will co-star opposite Billy Crystal in the FX pilot The Comedians, Deadline reports. The prospective series centers on a superstar comedian (Crystal) who reluctantly is paired with a younger, edgier comic (Gad) for a late-night sketch show.

• Johnathon Schaech has been tapped to do that thing he does on The CW’s midseason drama Star-Crossed, EW.com reports. Schaech (Ray Donovan) will recur as the uncle of Matt Lanter’s alien teen Roman.

RELATED | Brooklyn Nine-Nine Cast — Andy Richter Guest-Stars

• 30 Rock‘s Dean Winters and rapper Kid Cudi have nabbed guest spots in Fox’s new fall comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Per EW.com, Winters will play a rival of Andy Samberg’s doofy-but-competent detective. Cudi, meanwhile, guests as a former con caught in the middle of a robbery case, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• Francie Swift (Gossip Girl) has joined CBS’ new fall drama Hostages as the wife of Dylan McDermott’s character, per TVGuide.com.

• Disney Channel staple Luke Benward has landed a recurring role in ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars spin-off Ravenswood. Per HollywoodLife.com, he’ll play the boyfriend of leading lady Olivia (Merritt Patterson).

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots, TVLine Items

1. courts says:

I’m not surprised about Lisa Robin Kelly. She’s really been struggling with addiction for years but it’s still sad to hear that she didn’t manage to overcome her battle. RIP

2. CJ says:

Such a shame about Lisa Robin Kelly. Addiction is a terrible thing. I feel badly for her loved ones. My heart goes out to them.

3. Drew says:

Sorry to hear about Lisa Robin Kelly. I hoped that she would be able to clean up eventually.

It is kinda sad that the story didn’t even warrant its own page and got buried under a Lindsay Lohan story.

4. Cherry says:

It’s very disrespectful to throw Lisa Robin Kelly’s death in a “TV Line items” article, she didn’t even deserve her own article ? She was a troubled woman, it’s unfortunate what happened, a big tragedy.

• annieml says:

So it’s disrespectful to pay respects to a recently diseased actress?

• annieml says:

Sorry, I misread – I thought you meant she didn’t deserve to be mentioned. My bad!

• ajintexas says:

Killing yourself with drugs when you have all the help and means in the world to avoid it isn’t tragic. I wish people on this site would stop acting like it’s some great loss to humanity when some hollywood personality they have never met dies. Of course i know I am wasting my breath as you are the same people fascinated with the “royal baby”. You don’t give a flying crap when some kid dies of starvation or lives in a home where they are beaten and abused. Stop feeling sorry for people that have it better than 99% of the population yet can’t control themselves. There is no tragedy there.

• Betsy says:

oh right! I forgot that expressing concern or sadness about a celebrity automatically means you’re too shallow to care about anything else in the world ever, and that one comment on an entertainment site is indicative of your entire personality!

thank god you’re here, ajintexas. I know we couldn’t have gotten through the post without your stunning insight.

• ajintexas says:

Oh Betsy, you have so “put me in my place” with one of your comments yet again. First, I was referring to the comment that the person made that this item needs it’s own page. No, it doesn’t. I bet you are the type that walks right past a homeless person and doesn’t acknowledge they exist but has time to come to an entertainment site to mourn the loss of people who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. They kill themselves with drugs, or just flat out kill themselves, and people are falling all over themsevles to comment how “sad” it is. Yeah not really. The message that people should get is not that this is a tragic set of circumstances, but that it is COMPLETLY avoidable. I doubt you give a flip when some heroin addict OD’s and dies. But someone who was on a TV show for a couple of season and then CHOSE to ruin their own life deserves for all of us to feel sad for them? No, you make your bed and you sleep in it. No one is forcing drugs into them or alcohol down their throats. They also chose to throw themselves in the spotlight. Their lives should be a cauntionary tale on what NOT to do.

• Drew says:

Some people can walk and chew gum at the same time. I find her death sad because of the wasted potential. It doesn’t mean that I don’t think she was responsible for her actions or that I don’t feel bad for homeless people (many of whom, funnily enough, are addicts). I’m not a hippie dippie “make love not war” type of guy, but I can still feel for people like this. It also doesn’t mean that these stories don’t piss me off.

You act like the superior, caring human being. But it looks to me like you’re the one acting uncaring.

This is an entertainment news site. Nobody’s saying she should get the front page of the Times. But it doesn’t take any effort to report a death on a separate page than casting updates.

5. alistaircrane says:

So sad about Lisa Robin Kelly. I never understood why they recast Laurie until recently. I remember when she first started out on Days of Our Lives as Jill, the woman Bo thought had been assaulted by Franco. That role was also recast (with Sarah Aldrich). I wonder if it was for the same reasons as recasting Laurie.

6. as Walter said I am impressed that anybody able to profit $4307 in 1 month on the internet. have you read this site.>>>
    W­W­W.ℂ­ℕ­ℕ­1­3.C­O­M

7. as Walter said I am impressed that anybody able to profit $4307 in 1 month on the internet. have you read this site.>>> W­W­W.ℂ­ℕ­ℕ­1­3.C­O­M

8. Tori says:

wow, I really enjoyed Lisa’s portrayal as Laurie.
    I am always sad to hear about people whose battle with addictions end in early deaths. I hope she is at peace and with love.

9. Joey says:

Sad to hear about Lisa Robin Kelly. She was great as Laurie Foreman. My thoughts and prayers are with her family

10. Kevin H. says:

So incredibly sad about Lisa Robin Kelly and that she wasn’t able to beat this addiction. To those who claim things like this are a choice, I encourage you to do some research on addictions– there are many forms of this. I hope LRK is included in the “In Memorium” segment at the Emmys and Golden Globes.

• Drew says:

It’s a difficult struggle, no doubt. But it is a choice. Anything that a human being does, they have the option to not do. Unless you don’t believe in free will, in which case, why do any of us bother?
      Taking the choice out of addiction is dangerous. It removes responsibility. It removes hope of overcoming it. It is an excuse.

• suzi says:

Medical News Today-“with a habit you are in control of your choices, with an addiction you are not in control of your choices.” You may not believe this, but many people, medical experts among them, do.

11. ckd says:

You ought to take part in a tournament for one of the greatest blogs on the net. I will advise this site!