Arrow Scoop: Breakout Killing Co-Star Commits to 'Sin'-ful Season 2 Arc

Get More: Casting News

Arrow Bex Taylor-KlausFaster than a speeding bullet, up-and-comer Bex Taylor-Klaus — the breakout star of The Killing‘s just-wrapped third season — has landed another Sin-sesational gig.

The actress is joining Arrow‘s second season playing the DC Comics character of Sin, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Arrow Season 2 Introduces The Flash — Burning Questions Answered

Described as a wayward youth, Sin is befriended by the Black Canary and has a connection with fellow street urchin, Roy Harper.

She’s set to appear in Season 2′s third and fourth episode.

Taylor-Klaus garnered rave reviews for her role as troubled teen Bullet on AMC’s resurgent whodunit drama.

Arrow returns Wednesday, Oct. 9.

Comments (57)

• I don’t watch Arrow but I’m really glad that Taylor-Klaus got another gig so soon! She’s a tremendous actress and I can’t wait to see her shine in other roles.

Comment by martina – August 15, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good casting. Hope she plays an interesting character in Arrow

Comment by Tim – August 15, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was so good in The Killing. The character could have easily been so un-likeable. But somehow you just wound up feeling so much for her character, Bullet. Great news, because I watch Arrow, too! :-)

Comment by Barb – August 15, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bullet is back!

Comment by Sarah – August 15, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent. Happy for her. She is terrific in The Killing Season 3.

Comment by DanielleZ – August 15, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her as Bullet, but just can’t do sci-fi. Will wait for her next gig! On another note……any word about The Killing Season 4?

Comment by Bobbi – August 15, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS ^^ PLEASE, Michael!!

Comment by Phillip – August 15, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t neccesarily call Arrow, sci-fi…

Comment by Jason – August 15, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It has a few elements of science fiction gadgetry, but then again so does any given episode of CSI or Bones. However, I think that what Bobbi was getting at is that Arrow is very much what the industry execs call “genre” (i.e. geek-friendly heightened reality)

Comment by wordsmith – August 15, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you, wordsmith! Not my kind of show.

Comment by Bobbi – August 15, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah well, you actually liked The Killing after first season. So your taste is in question, anyway. And hell no, there will be no next season, thankfully.

Comment by Yas – October 3, 2013 04:00 AM PDT
    • Arrow is definitely NOT science fiction.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – August 15, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It will be once the powers show up. Barry Allen and Black Canary this season. Plus that little earthquake machine was kind of Sci-fi

Comment by ohiostatehack – August 15, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know which character on Arrow (ie Laurel, Felicity) will be the Black Canary? I hope it’s not Laurel. I love the show, but for me Laurel and Oliver don’t have great chemistry.

Comment by Tru – August 15, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Laurel’s sister, who was presumed dead, will be this Black Canary.

Comment by Jason – August 15, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and since they said this is just the origin story of the Canary storyline, she’ll probably end up getting killed later this season and Laurel will take over…and hopefully get the Canary Cry somehow. *fingers crossed*

Comment by ZmaX – August 15, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you support laurel,you might want to join the “cause” to keep her on the show. Lol. I for one think they are taking the easy way out. How convenient she is already trained and can help oliver fight. Most people want laurel/katie gone. I for one quit watching due to the catering to the olicity shippers. They should write the show the way they want. If they want to kill laurel they can,but I think she has more fans than they think. The olicity shippers aren’t the only ones with the rating(s)”boxes”.They should rename the show felicity. And as some have said kill off all the other characters except felicity and oliver since their the only ones they care about..Lol. If you don’t like a show quit watching it and don’t online complaining and calling someone ugly when their not. I don’t think katie is that bad of an actress,she got the crappiest lines/story lines and i think she did the best she could. She’ s not the greatest actress. Emily can do more than play the cute it girl as many have said. You can see comments online about her acting.. Hopefully she will get better in season. Hopefully her and katie both will. I am going to quit watching cw shows. I was looking forward to the flash,but the same people are making that make arrow. I for one don’t want to watch another show where they let the fans dictate/tell them what to do story wise. I am glad they are bringing sin in,but she is supposed to be dinah laurel lance’s ward,not the sister. lol. I have never seen the actress playing her,but from the reviews on here she is a good actress. I guess to please the comic fans and fans who care,they will name the sister Dinah Sara laurel lance. lol. I for one quit watching,so ” I don’t have a dog in this fight”. They are going to do what their going to do no matter how much Katie’s fans try to rally for her. Hopefully if they off her she will go out with glory. lol.

Comment by Psycho_Daizy_Mae (@nada_bin) – August 16, 2013 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m sorry but Laurel’s character sucks. I watch in spite of her. Laurel Lance is a dud! I don’t care what they do with her honestly.

Comment by Kate – August 23, 2013 07:25 AM PDT
          • I think Kate cute, personally. She leaves the show, it be far less entertaining and watchable. Through I think she needs her own , separate from Arrow storyline next season to allow her to grow, a nice meaty court case, something the Arrow cannot intervene on. An actors can improve as a show goes on, like many of the gang on Smallville did.

Comment by David Knowles – September 6, 2013 05:43 PM PDT
    • Why would you even assume Felicity is going to be Black Canary, that’s just idiotic.

What’s next, are you going to suggest she become Batman.

Comment by Rane – August 15, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Some people don’t understand this show has its own mythology that most of us want to see on the screen and personally I couldn’t care less about the ships.

Comment by Jen – August 15, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I for one agree about that. I don’t like shows that cater to shippers. I wanted to see laurel become the black canary.I guess they had to cater to the olicity shippers since they are supposedly 80% of the fanbase. They should of have recast the role instead of going the sister route…

Comment by Psycho_Daizy_Mae (@nada_bin) – August 16, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because felicity fans think she can do anything. I think the writers are giving her too much to do on the show. They need to be careful,not everyone likes the character. Some people even want her to go away. Now she will learn to fight ,too on top of everything else. I agree with some people she needs to have some limitations. Some people even think they will turn her into speedy.

Comment by Psycho_Daizy_Mae (@nada_bin) – August 16, 2013 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Laurel WILL become Black Canary eventually

Comment by Marko – August 17, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The original black canary is laurels sister Sara and then laurel takes Sara’s place as black canary much later in arrow (Sara is original black canary and eventually laurel takes Sara’s place as Black Canary and Laurel will be the Black Canary)

Comment by Marko – August 17, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah. I think I might be the only person on the planet who could not stand her character on The Killing. Here’s hoping her turn on Arrow connects better :/

Comment by Meredith – August 15, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well I found her character annoying because her acting was excruciating.

Comment by cane – August 15, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they just white washed a character

And everyone is all Bullet, yay, whatever the hell that is,

Comment by K – August 15, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but barely any characters on Arrow are like their comic counterparts.

And people are saying “Bullet, yay” because she’s a great young actress.

Comment by Jack – August 15, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It doesn’t stop being a case of whitewashing just because the characters aren’t like their comic counterparts. It’s not as if the lack of Asian characters is only a comics thing and everything’s fine in TVland.

Comment by Edgar – August 15, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Uh, it kind of does. She’s going to have absolutely nothing to do with her comic version, going by the character description. It sounds like the name is more or less an easter egg (like Felicity Smoak was).

Comment by Jack – August 15, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Either way, if the character by that name has a history of being Asian, it’s a shame they didn’t grab this opportunity to bring on a cool Asian character, even if it’s not a whitewashing. Race bending is not new in live action super hero adaptations (Nick Fury!), but let’s not pretend there isn’t a huge lack of an Asian presence in media.

Comment by Mitholas – August 16, 2013 11:41 AM PDT
      • Yes i do. They turned shado good and she’s chinese now. Look what they did to the huntress and now the slutty dead sister is black canary.

Comment by Psycho_Daizy_Mae (@nada_bin) – August 16, 2013 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FYI – Bullet was the nickname of the character she played on The Killing. She did an amazing job on that show and people are excited that she will be in another TV show. That is why people are saying “Bullet, yay!”

Comment by Sammy – August 15, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bullet lives!!

Comment by Diane – August 15, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • never heard of sin before this, sounds like an interesting character, could be a cool story if they do something like the comics.

Comment by Alan – August 15, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Black canary adopts sin in the comics (prior to the new 52)

Comment by david – August 15, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Arrow last season but this season sounds like its gonna be on a whole other level. Can’t wait!

Comment by Jared – August 15, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll admit I’ve never seen her on The Killing, so I can’t fairly judge her as an actress. That said, I’m not sure she was the best casting choice for a seven-year-old Asian girl.

Comment by Matt – August 15, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you didn’t get to see her on The Killing, find it ondemand, Netflix, dvd whatever but watch it! I’d never watched the show before season three and didn’t know what to expect, however, she is FANTASTIC! It’s hard to believe she’s new to this, she is definitely someone to keep your eye on.

Comment by jenferner8 – August 18, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want to see more of her acting, but I hate that damn show so much.

Comment by Yas – October 3, 2013 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One character I’d like to see on the show is Arrowette, but I guess at this point we’re more likely to see her mom, who is Ollie’s contemporary.

Comment by Michael Sacal – August 15, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s…what did they do to Sin?!

Comment by Summer – August 15, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as Walter said I am impressed that anybody able to profit $4307 in 1 month on the internet. have you read this site.>>>
    W­W­W.ℂ­ℕ­ℕ­1­3.C­O­M

Comment by Alissa Oakman – August 15, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, but he did that by making meth, not sure if that’s a good career choice.

Comment by moobear – August 15, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love you for this post!!

Comment by Kevin H. – August 15, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic lets whitewash more characters. Idiots. Horrible casting choice…

Comment by Grant – August 15, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed on all counts. How do you go from an Asian girl to casting this white actress is beyond me. That’s what you get from the white teeny bopper CW network.

Comment by Kate – August 15, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very talented actress. Glad we’ll get to see more of her.

Comment by exBFF – August 15, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad she will be back on tv soon. She is great as Bullet on The Killing. I can’t wait to see her on Arrow’s new season.

Comment by Joey – August 15, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a girl?!

Comment by Ella – August 15, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s definitely a shot of her in her getup from The Killing. She was supposed to look masculine- another character mistook her for a boy.

Comment by Leah – August 15, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bullet’s character was THE reason that I kept watching The Killing this year. I am vey glad that Bex-Taylor Klaus is back on another show. She is a terrific actress.

Comment by Jill R – August 16, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good for Bex Taylor-Klaus…….I loved her as BULLET ON THE KILLING glad she’s back on tv!!!!!!
      LONG LIVE BULLET!!!!!

Comment by AshleyRae – August 16, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I am definitely a fan of hers after The Killing.

Comment by Ruby – August 17, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Arrow Stephen Ameil-Plays ollie so well love Emily Beth Richards she is great like 2 C ollie & felicity get together they suit each other so well

Comment by chris hughes – August 17, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE ARROW 4 THE ACTION AND STORY LINE..THANKS 4 INSERTING GR8 ACTORS AND ACTION.

Comment by Supernatural – September 12, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post