Criminal Minds Recruits CSI: Miami's Eva La Rue

Criminal Minds Season 9 Cast Eva LaRueA CBS crimesolver will return to the fold this fall when CSI: Miami alum Eva La Rue shows up on Criminal Minds.

The actress formerly known as Natalia Boa Vista will guest-star as Minds‘ Agent Mays, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATEDCriminal Minds Season 9 Cast — David Anders to Guest-Star as a Real ‘Brain-iac’

LaRue tweeted the news to her followers Wednesday, when she also posted a photo (see right) of her with series stars Shemar Moore and A.J. Cook. to Instagram; she noted she’d had a “great day” on set.

La Rue portrayed CSI: Miami‘s lovely lab rat-turned-investigator for seven seasons, though daytime fans will recognize her as All My Children‘s Maria Santos, as well. Her other TV credits include Soul Food and Third Watch.

Criminal Minds‘ ninth season bows Sept. 25 at 9/8c.

1. dude says:

i will be watching that

2. Angela says:

There’s been quite a few former AMC cast members who’ve appeared on “Criminal Minds” over the years! Considering “All My Children” is one of my mom’s favorite shows, and “Criminal Minds” is one of my favorites, that’s a weird little connection :D.
    Anywho, look forward to seeing what she does on the show down the line.

3. Hope Eva La Rue may have a chance to get her own TV series sometime in the near future now that CSI: Miami will still be remembered (2002 – 2012).

4. Julie says:

Series regular?

5. Fido says:

While I am pleased to hear this, and will defn be watching the new CM season (EvaLaRue being the best thing on CSI Miami, after H (of course)) but I must ask… just how many people do they need on the BAU team ? When they’re giving the profile and each member is given their own sentence, well my eyes just roll and I think of how the many-many other crime shows could do all this with just one or two people.

• LDSK says:

Relax. The article says she is a guest star. That means one episode..maybe two. Also, just because she is playing an FBI agent doesn’t mean she is a member of the BAU. The team has worked with other agents in the past.

• Trish says:

For me this is one of the many reasons I watch CM’s is the details that are there. Usually I can figure out way ahead of time the ending of shows, and CM dos not do that so I enjoy the what if factor. Thx for giving me a reason to express my own like/not like shows. Individually is the best thing cause it gives all a chance to agree or disagree etc.

• JCK says:

ITA about the “go around the circle and let each one say a little bit”. They do it on L&O SVU sometimes. too. It reminds me of grammar school plays where every kid gets a line. Poor direction.

• No, it’s a psychological trick the real profilers use too if they have the chance (more than one working a case on site). If a team of people explain something not everybody trust in that way, 1st they grab and keep their attention more easily, and 2nd they show up as an united front which gives their explanation more force.

• JCK says:

I might accept that if some scenes where they do that they are not talking to outsiders. It’s just them in the office or wherever. It’s clearly the director parceling out the dialog.

6. Abbie says:

@Fido
    I see what you are saying and I agree to a point. They don’t need the entire group to contribute to a profile. However, when working an investigation it helps to have a lot of people. As we have seen on the show many times, the team usually splits into groups to cover more ground. One group goes to the crime scene while another goes to interview suspects etc… It saves a lot of time and ensures they get information they can trust. (Don’t you think it would be better to have a trained profiler interview all the witnesses and suspects vs. someone who doesn’t know what to look for?)

7. The Rookie says:

Can we get a similar article for Paget Brewster returning to CM for Ep 200? I can’t really figure out why they don’t want her back for at least an episode. People will like/dislike Blake even if Prentiss comes back for a bit.

8. Cate says:

I never watched CSI:Miami, so i don’t know who this is, but I’m looking forward to season 9. I do hope they shake up the team pairings in the field though, and don’t just stick with the same people being partnered up, e.g. Morgan and JJ, Blake and Reid, Rossi and Hotch…

As for the 200th, if Paget and the showrunners want Prentiss back, they’ll get her back for an episode some time, just like they did with AJ. We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes in these circumstances, I’d rather just let them be and see what happens rather than keep on going on about bringing Paget back, they know she was a fan fav, if it happens it happens, either way, I’m happy with just seeing the current team in the 200th.

9. Erin Reid says:

I only wish they would develop more of a story of Garcia and Morgan……The tension is already there so it would not be hard and it would humanize them even more…….

• JCK says:

Are you delusional? There is no way a guy who looks like Morgan would look twice at Garcia, not even at bar closing.

• jdbasset says:

Ha! Agreed, and your comment made me laugh out loud. Plus, her personality is weird and annoying and generally a freak show. If they got together he’d be bludgeoning her to death by morning….and then they’d have to do a profile on him.

• NJ says:

Oh my god, I want them to happen SO MUCH.

10. Margarita Carlo says:

Love me some criminal minds. Very excited to see Eva join in. I am sooo ready for season nine to begin. Been watching re runs and marathons ……cannot get enough of Shemar and Reed. Love them to pieces

11. cindy says:

They should have hired
    Eva Larue as the new agent on Criminal Minds istead
    of the lady who replaced Paget Brewster. She is not a good fit with the rest of the cast.So bland and just sort of there.

12. aniversario says:

Outstanding post. I was checking out consistently the following blog site and I am motivated! Particularly beneficial information particularly the final section :) My spouse and i take care of such information a great deal. I became trying to find this kind of specified details for many years. Cheers in addition to all the best !.

13. Sarah says:

Really? I’m glad CSI: Miami is over. Maybe Eva needs the money since she has not worked in awhile. Who doesn’t? Lol.