Exclusive

New Girl Exclusive: Apartment 23's Dreama Walker to Play the B— in Jess' New School

New Girl Dreama WalkerNow that Fox is finished (at least for now) picking off the in-demand cast of ABC’s axed Happy Endings, it has begun rifling through the Alphabet network’s vacated Apartment 23.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Don’t Trust the B—- Apartment 23‘s Dreama Walker is set to guest-star in the second episode of New Girls upcoming third season.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

In a bit of a role reversal, Walker’s the b—- this time around. According to an insider, she’ll play Molly, a beautiful, mean girl-esque teacher at the school where Jess (Zooey Deschanel) has been hired on a temp basis. Clearly one of the cool teachers, Molly takes an immediate dislike to Jess, who seems to be sucking up to the principal.

For those keeping track at home, in the past month Fox has retained the services of Happy Endings alums Damon Wayans Jr. (reprising his New Girl role as Coach) and Adam Pally (as a doctor on The Mindy Project).

Note to Krysten Ritter: How do you feel about playing a cop on Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

New Girl‘s third season debuts Sept. 17 at 9/8c.

1. Joey says:

Glad she will be back on tv soon. still sad Don’t Trust The B In Apt 23 got canceled.

2. Roger says:

YES! YES! YES!

3. Sharon says:

Loved her as the ‘B’ in The Good Wife.

4. Steve F. says:

She went from being the “victim” to being the b—-! Hope Dreama Walker learned a few things from Krysten Ritter!

And speaking of… SOMEONE’s gotta have something for her! She’s too funny (and hot) to not have a project!

5. Scott says:

I like this casting. She was great in Apt 23 and it’ll be good to see her on New Girl. I hope she can stick around.

6. Cherry says:

Dreama Walker is great! I’d love her to stay on in a recurring capacity as a work nemesis of Jess.

7. Dreama is just so much better when she’s playing the b—! Can’t wait.

8. João Amaral says:

Ritter as a cop in Brooklyn Nine-Nine would be awesome!

• wordsmith says:

So would Eliza Coupe, while we’re on the subject of picking over the Happy Endings cast…

• wordsmith says:

Though really I’m still pulling for her to pop up again on Community as Abed’s badass/awkward government agent stalker/crush. I don’t think there’s much of a future for them as a couple, but they were impossibly cute while they lasted.

9. Ella says:

I’m sure the actress is lovely but I have never been able to stand her as a b—- in anything she’s done (Gossip Girl, The Good Wife)…

10. Mikael says:

She played a good B on Gossip Girl. But everyone on that show was a B so she didn’t stand out that much haha.

11. dude says:

Can New Girl snatch up Eliza Coupe as Coach’s love interest? I first noticed Dreama when she played that bitch Hazel on Gossip Girl but after seeing her on “Don’t Trust the B” I can’t imagine her playing one.

12. D. says:

She was a perfect, manipulative B on the Good Wife — wasn’t as convincing for me as the naive little miss on “B” as a result but wish we’d gotten to see more. Another great talent added to New Girl’s pretty stunning list.

13. Sorry but… B? Do you mean “bitch” or is it something else? I guess i got it right, but even so, all this “F word” or “N word” thing goes a little overboard sometimes. Now i have to asume the “B” word is what i think it is, not really knowing so. Again, sorry, but not being a native english speaker, censoring words this way hurts the use of the language. My point, i had to read the article to figure out what the “B” stands for, just by context, and felt a little silly.

• Nat says:

I think the use of B—- is ironic, because the original title of the show was “Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23″ but some people complained so they changed it to “Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt 23″. You’d have to have known the full name of her previous show to understand the reference. (For the record, ‘F word’ and ‘N word’ are still legitimate ways to describe those words which are understandably offensive in most circumstances.)

14. Dwaynebutcher says:

I love this woman she is so underused and is a phenomenal actress and deserves more attention (and a lead in a good T.V.show or a few movies as well). To bad about the b in apartment 23, as loved her so much in that role, she is just so cute that thats were I first saw her and fell in love with her right at that moment. I watched every movie she was in even the bad movies “that crap vampire film Vamperifica” nothing could save that movie. Compliance bothered me and was disturbing after watching I wanted to hurt that man so bad for months. Will have to go back and rewatch Gran Torino to see her as has been some time and don’t remember that movie too much right now.