Devious Maids Renewed for Season 2 By Lifetime

Get More: Renewals

DEVIOUS MAIDS RECAPLooks like Lifetime needs to stock up on cleaning supplies.

The network has renewed Devious Maids, Marc Cherry and Eva Longoria’s tawdry-fun soap about the lives and loves of domestic workers and their rich Beverly Hills employers, for a 13-episode second season, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Ratings for the sudser have steadily risen since a tepid premiere back in June. Devious Maids is the network’s fastest-growing drama ever, and has catapulted Lifetime to cable’s No. 1 network in the Sunday 10:00pm ET/PT time slot among women.

RELATED | Devious Maids Exclusive Video: A Baby Gets Threatened, and Comedy Ensues!

Devious Maids stars Dania Ramírez, Roselyn Sánchez, Edy Ganem and Judy Reyes as a group of housekeepers rocked by the death of one of their friends. They welcome a new member (played by Ana Ortiz) into their group, not realizing she’s a college professor gone undercover to exonerate her son in the murder investigation.

Excited about this renewal news? Have a wish list of guest stars or story arcs you’d like to see in Season 2? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (63)

• So glad! It’s such a fun guilty pleasure. I just wish they would get rid of Carmen. She’s just so unlikable. She reminds me of Susan from Desperate Housewives.

Comment by Steven – August 13, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All Marc Cherry shows need a Susan/Carmen :)

Comment by Jake – August 13, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha, gotta love Carmen even if she is irritating. The show would be lacking that sassy element without her… and I loved the last episode of her and Odesa! Heartwarming.

SO EXCITED FOR DEVIOUS MAIDS RETURN!!!!!

Comment by Sara – August 14, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree! Carmen is soooo irritating. But I really like the show!

Comment by Alex – August 13, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m glad that Carmen is there because I find Odessa to be interesting and she is her nemesis. The scene with Carmen’s ex and the bonding between Odessa and Carmen has made me appreciate both of them even more…

Comment by Brendan – August 14, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree that Carmen is the least likeable character. I like Rosalyn Sanchez and the guy who plays her love interest (Sam the butler) is good, but I just can’t get into her storyline of wanting to be a singer nor do I like the Russian ballerina Odessa. I love Susan Lucci’s character and her relationship with both her maids, and the character of Evelyn is hysterical! For the most part the show is fun to watch.

Comment by dan – August 13, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just going to say the same thing! I skip her scenes.

Comment by Sam – August 13, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh HELL NO!! Carmen rocks!!

Comment by Linda – October 23, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All you people talking about her being irritating Carmen is not she is a better actress then you all will be so step off y’all don’t know one thing about acting I think she is a wonderful character on the show I like all of them but my favorite is the little girl

Comment by A- – October 25, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like all of the maids. They have different personalities and it works when all are put together. I can hardly wait for them to come back.

Comment by Lucinda – November 12, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What was wrong with Susan of Desperate housewives, I think all the ladies on Devious maid are similar to Desperate house, and that’s probably why I like the show so much. The best part about both shows is that every lady is different, but interesting. It’s not the some old girls all sleeping around and talking about. It gives view a point of view on other parts of life as well. Don’t be so quick to judge and remember is just a T.V. series.

Comment by Angie – November 24, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way! I love all the characters especially Carmen! They all add to the drama!

Comment by Brigid – December 17, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! surprised by how much I liked it. (was not a fan of desperate housewives at all) I reluctantly tuned in to see Ana Ortiz (loved her from Ugly Betty) but got hooked instantly. This show has some of the best one-liners. glad there is a season 2.

Comment by Miss VCI – August 13, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hurraaay! Best (tv) news of the day! Shame it’s only for 13 episodes… But still: yaaay!

Comment by Jake – August 13, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now ABC needs to renew Mistresses and my summer will be all set next year.

Comment by Cherry – August 13, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo!!! My partner decided to record the marathon a few weeks ago and we are hooked!!

Comment by Ed – August 13, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still have the last espisode recorded waiting on the comeback. When this show is canceled, I would like for Netflix to pick it up. It is deliciously scandalous. Hooray!!!!

Comment by Lucinda – November 12, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has Lifetime made a decision on The Client List yet?? I really hope it gets renewed for another season.

Comment by Jared – August 13, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • a show that has Dania Ramirez (I was one of the few who liked her on Heroes) and Ana Ortiz (LOVED her on Ugly Betty) as regulars deserves to be renewed. I started watching for both of them but quickly started to like all the maids (the Carmen character has its ups and downs). Glad that we will get a second season!

Comment by Frankieboy – August 13, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Vanessa Williams on here, She’d be a good foil for Susan Lucci.

Comment by Gogo – August 13, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! She’s missed on the small screen right now!

Comment by LovemesomeWilhelmina – August 13, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Vanessa Williams is actually playing in a show called 666 park avenue. It’s pretty good!

Comment by Nass – September 26, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Imagine Ms. Williams as Susan Lucci’s half-sister who is wealthier and loves to flaunt it in La Lucci’s face. That would be so much fun.

Comment by buckyr64 – August 18, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh fabulous!!! Love the show!!!

Comment by liz – August 13, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleased to hear this! I wonder if Drew Van Acker will be back in PLL though.

Comment by Alex – August 13, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo! Yes! I did not expect to like this show. But it has become my summer obsession. Only character I do not like is Ben the Butler so I hope he’s gone for good. And Carmen can be irritating, it is still a must watch for me though.

Comment by Babygate – August 13, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want a Ugly Betty reunion with America Ferrea being Marisol sister or something like that. I also would love for Marc to bring in Marcia Cross somehow, she can be Evelyn sister or Susan’s lucci sister.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – August 13, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want them to solve the murder sooner rather than later, but then how will they keep Marisol, Ana Ortiz’s character, around for a second season? Maybe Valentina can go to college and Marisol can be her mentor and professor and still be involved in shady goings-on in the other houses.

Comment by Amie – August 13, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad that there will be a second season, but I wonder what will happen with Marisol since she is living a secret life. It’s not like she’ll keep working as a maid after her cover is blown.

Comment by Cate Amos – August 13, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great News ! I love the show.

Comment by Whatever – August 13, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • like Nicole replied I didn’t even know that a stay at home mom able to earn 5212 dollar in 4 weeks on the computer. have you seen this web site work25ℂom

Comment by samuel1c.handel (@samuel1chandel) – August 13, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love this show. Agreed that Carmen is the weakest link, which is a shame because I really like the actress.

Comment by Lauren – August 13, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Start the Golden Globes and Emmy campaign for Susan Lucci. She’s brilliant on this show!

Comment by Megyn – August 13, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! I love her in this show.

Comment by cas – August 14, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting that everyone seems to hate Carmen. She’s the Gaby of the group! I think that she’s a really good actress, and has a very charismatic presence. Her singing storyline just needs to go away. I personally think that the weakest link is Rosie – her storyline is interesting, but her acting makes me want to cringe.

Comment by neha – August 13, 2013 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!

Comment by Nass – September 26, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Carmen, I just don’t like the storyline. I think they could give her something a bit more juicy. I like the relationship she has starting with the Odessa chick so maybe that will be good. I think at almost 40, giving up the singing idea is something that must happen. I actually like Rosie a lot too. I like the storyline and her character. I think that Valentina and her mom and Susan Lucci (sorry I don’t remember everyone’s name yet) give the story the added something it needs.

Comment by cas – August 14, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carmen is also my least favorite. Don’t know why, but she just bugs me! Love the rest of the gals and the Susan Lucci’s character and the Evelyn Powell are a hoot!

Comment by GeoDiva – August 14, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just so love the fact that DM is renewed. It really grew on me. I also hope for more Evelyn. She is one of the best things on that show. She plays it pitch perfect and nobody wears a pair of pants better than she does…sexy!

Comment by buckyr64 – August 18, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the maids are perfect (: the show is outstanding just how it is 5 stars

Comment by Brittany – August 26, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tune in just for Carmen! I think all of the roles are great but Carmen and Evelyn are my favorite! Hope Sam the Butler comes back for season 2! Would love to see what happens with those two.Great show

Comment by tania – September 1, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show!

Comment by Sandi – September 2, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show and the cast. Can’t wait for the next episode. Just wonder how long this the story line will last before the mystery of Flora’s death is solved. I hope this show does not go the route that Dropdead Diva went when after fans fought so hard to bring back it. They made it impossible to view it on the internet less you have a cable provider or you have to purchase the episode or wait for the end the season to purchase the whole series. The next time it comes up for cancellation there will not be the fan base it once had to fight for it.

Comment by Nancy – September 3, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is so true!! We only use Netflix and Hulu and I miss Drop Dead Diva. I was bummed that I couldn’t find it online! I hope they don’t do that to this one!!

Comment by Holly – September 23, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish characters from Desperate Housewives make a small cameo. The main ones. :/

Comment by SVC – September 10, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Devious Maids!! Thrilled it’s been renewed!!

Comment by Yolanda Garcia – September 22, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love Devious Maids !! All of The Cast Are Great, Can’t Wait For The Second Season.

Comment by Jessica – September 22, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show! I’m not sure why Lifetime is only giving them 13 episodes per season. . .The show is there most fabulous 1 to date! I can’t wait to see what my girl Carmen decides regarding her closeted employer, and what happens to our beloved Rosie. . .Ooh, thank god for another Marc Cherry production ;)

Comment by Cecil Singleton – September 23, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!ALL THE CAST MEMBERS ARE FANTASTIC I CANNOT WAIT TIL SEASON TWO BEGINS THANK YOU FOR BRINGING IT BACK ANOTHER SEASON UNLIKE MOST CHANNELS THAT BRING SOMETHING ON AND WHEN IT IS OVER YOU NEVER SEE IT AGAIN. i THINK DEVIOUS MAIDS IS A FABULOUS SHOW AND VERY ENTERTAINING THANK YOU MARC CHERRY AND EVA LONGORIA

Comment by SHERRI – September 23, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • never have i been so addicted to a tv show like this one. always has me on the edge of my couch waiting for the next surprise!! even my husband enjoys watching devious maids with me!! *BONUS* cannot wait for the second season!! rosie is our favorite… gotta see what happens!!

Comment by genie – September 23, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW! I’M SO GLAD IT’S BEING RENEWED!!!! The last episode was priceless and wickedly good fun!

Comment by E. L. – September 23, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As far as new episodes, what if you added some comedians such as Wanda Sykes as a visiting neighbor to to the celebrity couple & her help Kat Dennings? They are both strong characters & hilarious.

I think Kat would be great at being the help cos she’s usually sullen in her characters, sarcastic & very likable. To me, Wanda has too big of a presence to be anybodys help unless shes secretly running the house through manipulation for someone who’s terribly lost…

Comment by Shannon – September 23, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love love love this show! and i like carmen but rosie is my favorite!

Comment by april – September 27, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Devious Maids is the first soap sitcom I have ever really been interested in. It keeps you on the edge every episode and that’s why I come back every week. All characters are amazing and well played. But Rosie is my fav esp when she put it on the husband and gave him a heart attack, I was yelling that’s my girl lol and my sister was said Rosie got that murder mami. Lmao! Love the show can’t wait for season 2. #DeviousMaids #Rosie

Comment by janaihamilton – September 30, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS EVEN CARMEN THATS WHAT MAKES THE SHOW. STOP HATING ON CARMEN I LUV THEM ALL BUT ROSIES MY FAVE:-)

Comment by regina – October 1, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show and all the characters. Vanessa Williams would be great to have.
    I like Carmen..she is sassy reminds me of Eve Longoria from Housewives. When will the second season start.. I wish January. Bring in the french guy from Dancing with the Stars.
    Can’t think of his name.

Comment by Lorraine – October 6, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COOL!!! Can’t wait for season 2 to start!!! I’m having withdraw!!

Comment by Linda – October 23, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait for the 2nd season lov this to bits.

Comment by Tendai Shavi – November 9, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will the 2nd season start?

Comment by Cheryl – November 10, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE ANSWER QUESTION OF “WHEN/DATE 2ND SEASON WILL START” FOR DEVIOUS MAIDS!

Comment by judy – November 13, 2013 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no
    data backup. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

Comment by drebeats-australia.ch229.com – March 23, 2014 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you, I’ve recently been looking for info approximately this topic for a while and yours is
    the greatest I have came upon till now. However, what about the bottom line?

Are you positive in regards to the source?

Comment by http://www.pisaniezagrosze.pl – April 16, 2014 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hello!,I really like your writing so so much!
    proportion we communicate extra about your post on AOL?
    I need a specialist in this area to unravel my problem.
    Maybe that’s you! Looking forward to look you.

Comment by kredyty – April 16, 2014 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post