Devious Maids Renewed for Season 2 By Lifetime

DEVIOUS MAIDS RECAPLooks like Lifetime needs to stock up on cleaning supplies.

The network has renewed Devious Maids, Marc Cherry and Eva Longoria’s tawdry-fun soap about the lives and loves of domestic workers and their rich Beverly Hills employers, for a 13-episode second season, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Ratings for the sudser have steadily risen since a tepid premiere back in June. Devious Maids is the network’s fastest-growing drama ever, and has catapulted Lifetime to cable’s No. 1 network in the Sunday 10:00pm ET/PT time slot among women.

RELATED | Devious Maids Exclusive Video: A Baby Gets Threatened, and Comedy Ensues!

Devious Maids stars Dania Ramírez, Roselyn Sánchez, Edy Ganem and Judy Reyes as a group of housekeepers rocked by the death of one of their friends. They welcome a new member (played by Ana Ortiz) into their group, not realizing she’s a college professor gone undercover to exonerate her son in the murder investigation.

Excited about this renewal news? Have a wish list of guest stars or story arcs you’d like to see in Season 2? Sound off in the comments!

1. Steven says:

So glad! It’s such a fun guilty pleasure. I just wish they would get rid of Carmen. She’s just so unlikable. She reminds me of Susan from Desperate Housewives.

• Jake says:

All Marc Cherry shows need a Susan/Carmen :)

• Sara says:

Haha, gotta love Carmen even if she is irritating. The show would be lacking that sassy element without her… and I loved the last episode of her and Odesa! Heartwarming.

SO EXCITED FOR DEVIOUS MAIDS RETURN!!!!!

• Alex says:

Completely agree! Carmen is soooo irritating. But I really like the show!

• Brendan says:

I’m glad that Carmen is there because I find Odessa to be interesting and she is her nemesis. The scene with Carmen’s ex and the bonding between Odessa and Carmen has made me appreciate both of them even more…

• dan says:

I have to agree that Carmen is the least likeable character. I like Rosalyn Sanchez and the guy who plays her love interest (Sam the butler) is good, but I just can’t get into her storyline of wanting to be a singer nor do I like the Russian ballerina Odessa. I love Susan Lucci’s character and her relationship with both her maids, and the character of Evelyn is hysterical! For the most part the show is fun to watch.

• Sam says:

I was just going to say the same thing! I skip her scenes.

• Linda says:

Oh HELL NO!! Carmen rocks!!

• A- says:

All you people talking about her being irritating Carmen is not she is a better actress then you all will be so step off y’all don’t know one thing about acting I think she is a wonderful character on the show I like all of them but my favorite is the little girl

• Lucinda says:

I like all of the maids. They have different personalities and it works when all are put together. I can hardly wait for them to come back.

• Angie says:

What was wrong with Susan of Desperate housewives, I think all the ladies on Devious maid are similar to Desperate house, and that’s probably why I like the show so much. The best part about both shows is that every lady is different, but interesting. It’s not the some old girls all sleeping around and talking about. It gives view a point of view on other parts of life as well. Don’t be so quick to judge and remember is just a T.V. series.

• Brigid says:

No way! I love all the characters especially Carmen! They all add to the drama!

2. Miss VCI says:

Yay! surprised by how much I liked it. (was not a fan of desperate housewives at all) I reluctantly tuned in to see Ana Ortiz (loved her from Ugly Betty) but got hooked instantly. This show has some of the best one-liners. glad there is a season 2.

3. Jake says:

Hurraaay! Best (tv) news of the day! Shame it’s only for 13 episodes… But still: yaaay!

4. Cherry says:

Now ABC needs to renew Mistresses and my summer will be all set next year.

5. Ed says:

Woohoo!!! My partner decided to record the marathon a few weeks ago and we are hooked!!

• Lucinda says:

I still have the last espisode recorded waiting on the comeback. When this show is canceled, I would like for Netflix to pick it up. It is deliciously scandalous. Hooray!!!!

6. Jared says:

Has Lifetime made a decision on The Client List yet?? I really hope it gets renewed for another season.

7. Frankieboy says:

a show that has Dania Ramirez (I was one of the few who liked her on Heroes) and Ana Ortiz (LOVED her on Ugly Betty) as regulars deserves to be renewed. I started watching for both of them but quickly started to like all the maids (the Carmen character has its ups and downs). Glad that we will get a second season!

8. Gogo says:

I would love to see Vanessa Williams on here, She’d be a good foil for Susan Lucci.

9. liz says:

oh fabulous!!! Love the show!!!

10. Alex says:

Pleased to hear this! I wonder if Drew Van Acker will be back in PLL though.

11. Babygate says:

Woo hoo! Yes! I did not expect to like this show. But it has become my summer obsession. Only character I do not like is Ben the Butler so I hope he’s gone for good. And Carmen can be irritating, it is still a must watch for me though.

12. I want a Ugly Betty reunion with America Ferrea being Marisol sister or something like that. I also would love for Marc to bring in Marcia Cross somehow, she can be Evelyn sister or Susan’s lucci sister.

13. Amie says:

I want them to solve the murder sooner rather than later, but then how will they keep Marisol, Ana Ortiz’s character, around for a second season? Maybe Valentina can go to college and Marisol can be her mentor and professor and still be involved in shady goings-on in the other houses.

14. Cate Amos says:

Glad that there will be a second season, but I wonder what will happen with Marisol since she is living a secret life. It’s not like she’ll keep working as a maid after her cover is blown.

15. Whatever says:

Great News ! I love the show.

16. like Nicole replied I didn’t even know that a stay at home mom able to earn 5212 dollar in 4 weeks on the computer. have you seen this web site work25ℂom

17. Lauren says:

Yay! I love this show. Agreed that Carmen is the weakest link, which is a shame because I really like the actress.

18. Megyn says:

Start the Golden Globes and Emmy campaign for Susan Lucci. She’s brilliant on this show!

19. neha says:

Interesting that everyone seems to hate Carmen. She’s the Gaby of the group! I think that she’s a really good actress, and has a very charismatic presence. Her singing storyline just needs to go away. I personally think that the weakest link is Rosie – her storyline is interesting, but her acting makes me want to cringe.

20. cas says:

I like Carmen, I just don’t like the storyline. I think they could give her something a bit more juicy. I like the relationship she has starting with the Odessa chick so maybe that will be good. I think at almost 40, giving up the singing idea is something that must happen. I actually like Rosie a lot too. I like the storyline and her character. I think that Valentina and her mom and Susan Lucci (sorry I don’t remember everyone’s name yet) give the story the added something it needs.

21. GeoDiva says:

Carmen is also my least favorite. Don’t know why, but she just bugs me! Love the rest of the gals and the Susan Lucci’s character and the Evelyn Powell are a hoot!

22. buckyr64 says:

I just so love the fact that DM is renewed. It really grew on me. I also hope for more Evelyn. She is one of the best things on that show. She plays it pitch perfect and nobody wears a pair of pants better than she does…sexy!

23. Brittany says:

All the maids are perfect (: the show is outstanding just how it is 5 stars

24. tania says:

I tune in just for Carmen! I think all of the roles are great but Carmen and Evelyn are my favorite! Hope Sam the Butler comes back for season 2! Would love to see what happens with those two.Great show

25. Sandi says:

Love the show!

26. Nancy says:

Love the show and the cast. Can’t wait for the next episode. Just wonder how long this the story line will last before the mystery of Flora’s death is solved. I hope this show does not go the route that Dropdead Diva went when after fans fought so hard to bring back it. They made it impossible to view it on the internet less you have a cable provider or you have to purchase the episode or wait for the end the season to purchase the whole series. The next time it comes up for cancellation there will not be the fan base it once had to fight for it.

• Holly says:

This is so true!! We only use Netflix and Hulu and I miss Drop Dead Diva. I was bummed that I couldn’t find it online! I hope they don’t do that to this one!!

27. SVC says:

I wish characters from Desperate Housewives make a small cameo. The main ones. :/

28. Yolanda Garcia says:

I love Devious Maids!! Thrilled it’s been renewed!!

29. Jessica says:

I Love Devious Maids !! All of The Cast Are Great, Can’t Wait For The Second Season.

30. I love the show! I’m not sure why Lifetime is only giving them 13 episodes per season. . .The show is there most fabulous 1 to date! I can’t wait to see what my girl Carmen decides regarding her closeted employer, and what happens to our beloved Rosie. . .Ooh, thank god for another Marc Cherry production ;)

31. SHERRI says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!ALL THE CAST MEMBERS ARE FANTASTIC I CANNOT WAIT TIL SEASON TWO BEGINS THANK YOU FOR BRINGING IT BACK ANOTHER SEASON UNLIKE MOST CHANNELS THAT BRING SOMETHING ON AND WHEN IT IS OVER YOU NEVER SEE IT AGAIN. i THINK DEVIOUS MAIDS IS A FABULOUS SHOW AND VERY ENTERTAINING THANK YOU MARC CHERRY AND EVA LONGORIA

32. genie says:

never have i been so addicted to a tv show like this one. always has me on the edge of my couch waiting for the next surprise!! even my husband enjoys watching devious maids with me!! *BONUS* cannot wait for the second season!! rosie is our favorite… gotta see what happens!!

33. E. L. says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I’M SO GLAD IT’S BEING RENEWED!!!! The last episode was priceless and wickedly good fun!

34. Shannon says:

As far as new episodes, what if you added some comedians such as Wanda Sykes as a visiting neighbor to to the celebrity couple & her help Kat Dennings? They are both strong characters & hilarious.

I think Kat would be great at being the help cos she’s usually sullen in her characters, sarcastic & very likable. To me, Wanda has too big of a presence to be anybodys help unless shes secretly running the house through manipulation for someone who’s terribly lost…

35. april says:

i love love love this show! and i like carmen but rosie is my favorite!

36. Devious Maids is the first soap sitcom I have ever really been interested in. It keeps you on the edge every episode and that’s why I come back every week. All characters are amazing and well played. But Rosie is my fav esp when she put it on the husband and gave him a heart attack, I was yelling that’s my girl lol and my sister was said Rosie got that murder mami. Lmao! Love the show can’t wait for season 2. #DeviousMaids #Rosie

37. regina says:

I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS EVEN CARMEN THATS WHAT MAKES THE SHOW. STOP HATING ON CARMEN I LUV THEM ALL BUT ROSIES MY FAVE:-)

38. Lorraine says:

Love the show and all the characters. Vanessa Williams would be great to have.
    I like Carmen..she is sassy reminds me of Eve Longoria from Housewives. When will the second season start.. I wish January. Bring in the french guy from Dancing with the Stars.
    Can’t think of his name.

39. Linda says:

COOL!!! Can’t wait for season 2 to start!!! I’m having withdraw!!

40. Tendai Shavi says:

Cant wait for the 2nd season lov this to bits.

41. Cheryl says:

When will the 2nd season start?

42. judy says:

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTION OF “WHEN/DATE 2ND SEASON WILL START” FOR DEVIOUS MAIDS!

43. Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no
    data backup. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

44. Thank you, I’ve recently been looking for info approximately this topic for a while and yours is
    the greatest I have came upon till now. However, what about the bottom line?

Are you positive in regards to the source?

45. kredyty says:

hello!,I really like your writing so so much!
    proportion we communicate extra about your post on AOL?
    I need a specialist in this area to unravel my problem.
    Maybe that’s you! Looking forward to look you.

46. I’m curious to find out what blog platform you have been working
    with? I’m experiencing some minor security problems
    with my latest blog and I would like to find something more risk-free.
    Do you have any suggestions?