Exclusive

Once Upon a Time DVD Exclusive: In 'Lost' Scene, Neal Warns Henry About Neverland

Once Upon a Time Deleted SceneAt least Once Upon a Time‘s kidnapped Henry has this going for him: He has been warned that Neverland isn’t all jungle gyms and sand boxes.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Scoop: Rumple’s Past With Peter Pan

TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek at one of the deleted scenes featured on the Once Upon a Time Season 2 Blu-ray/DVD sets being released Tuesday, Aug. 13, and in it, Neal (new series regular Michael Raymond-James) tempers Henry’s take on the Peter Pan fairytale, having apparently run up against The Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up before.

Loading video...

The father/son chat originally was a part of the episode “The Miller’s Daughter,” as Neal, Emma and Henry appropriated the Jolly Roger to rush a poisoned Rumple back to Storybrooke.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 — Who is ‘Lost’ in Episode 3?

Also within Tuesday’s Blu-ray/DVD releases, there are several other “lost” scenes, the featurettes “A Fractured Family Tree,” “Girl Power” and “Sincerely, Hook,” a blooper reel and audio commentaries.

Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Lindsey says:

I wish this had been left in.

2. English says:

Hurry up Tuesday!!!!!!!

3. Brenna says:

I’m way too excited for Tuesday to come!!

4. JCK says:

I so wish they had cast Warren Christie as Neal rather than MRJ. Jared Gilmore bears a significant resemblance to Christie. Instead they wasted him as the bail jumper in the pilot.

• ishthemish says:

I agree. He was in Alphas by then. I think he would have a made a more sympathetic Neal because he’s more attractive imo.

• Wrenn says:

Well at least someone said it. *eyerolls* That seems to be the problem MRJ isn’t attractive enough. I like Warren and MRJ. MRJ is fine as Neal.

• JCK says:

I like MRJ, I just think he’s miscast here, there is nothing of either parent in Henry. WC would be more believable as Neal. Also MRJ is too street. Baelfire was 15 when he went to Neverland not Detroit. His speech patterns were already set. WC’s precise diction would be far more fitting.

• Jen says:

Exactly. I think MRJ is perfect as Neal. I prefer a good actor over someone who looks like a model but that opinion doesn’t seem to be popular.

5. Melanie says:

I think that every scene featuring MRJ should make the show. Every single one.

6. ? says:

I wish i could slap everyone who beings up that MRJ is not attractive or as hot as Hook. Get over it he is the perfect neal.

7. Andy says:

Tuesday is going to be a great day. There will definitely be some OUAT marathoning at my house.

8. Larc says:

I still think Henry is Peter. The setup is just too perfect for anybody else to be. This omitted scene is another clue. The person identifying himself as Peter may want to kidnap Henry in his present form so he can get rid of Henry and take his place as Peter. But since the real Peter Pan is very crafty, Henry will get out of this predicament. I’m hoping Tink will be the one to recognize Henry is actually Peter.

9. Michelle says:

Does not make sense why Henry would not follow-up with Neal comment about Neverland. For that reason I think it is okay it was left out

10. Rita Coelho says:

It’s sad when you see a show, because of a pretty face…Most fans want to see a cheap novel, rather than a show with talented people.
    I think Michael Raymond-James very talented and he is very wasted in Once Upon a Time until now. He’s wonderful as Neal / Bae.
    Unfortunately the show has promoted Hook as hot & charming (I do not see how the sexual innuendos can be charming).
    Neal, almost without promotion attracts me more than Hook..

The same I say about loving triangles or squares. I loved Kate from ‘Lost’ in the beginning, in the end Kate became the character I most dislike. Why? Sawyer / Kate / Jack / … (later) Juliet. This unfair and nothing original, swapping partners, cheapens the characters.

Emma is doomed to follow the same path as Kate. The repetition and lack of creativity, is leaving me almost with no desire to watch OUAt

For now, I’ll try to watch for Josh Dallas, Ginny, Michael and Bobby.
    But OUAT in Wonderland, I will not try. I’m tired of being disappointed

• Jen says:

This so much. I love MRJ and I hope he gets a lot of screentime next season. Also he is really good with comedy so I hope they give him some funny scenes.

11. AM says:

I totally don’t get MRJ as Neal backlash. I understand if fans want Emma with Hook. Emma has chemistry with both Hook and MRJ. But I don’t get the extreme dislike of MRJ/Neal. I think MRJ is perfect as Neal. True, the writers may need to connect some more dots between young Baelfire and adult Neal to make Neal more likable. Neal is a regular guy, and maybe compared to Charming and Rumple and Hook he pales. However I like Neal. He’s a man’s man.