TVLine Items: Jason Dohring Visits Tomorrow People, Chuck Fave Visits Dixie and More!

Jason Dohring The Tomorrow People CastJason Dohring will soon try his hand at being one of The CW’s Tomorrow People.

The Veronica Mars fave has been cast in an upcoming episode of the new fall drama (premiering Oct. 9), EW.com reports.

VIDEO | Veronica Mars Movie Trailer — Watch It!

Dohring will play an ex-operative who once worked with the paramilitary group that hunts down the Tomorrow People. After going off the grid, the character is back to seek revenge.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Chuck heartthrob Ryan McPartlin is will guest-star in a Season 3 installment of Hart of Dixie, TVGuide.com reports, playing a Southern gentleman by the name of Carter Covington. (Fun fact: McPartlin’s Bluebell alter ego is named after current Dixie EP, 10 Things I Hate About You creator and friend of TVLine Carter Covington.)

• Fox is teaming with Veronica Mars/Party Down funnyman Ken Marino, his writer wife Erica Oyama and executive producer Will Gluck (Andy Richter Controls the Universe, The Michael J. Fox Show) on a comedy based on the lives of Dogfish Head Brewery’s Sam and Mariah Calagione. Per Deadline, Marino will star in the prospective series, which centers on a happy couple living the American dream.

RELATED | Veronica Mars @ Comic-Con: Get TVLine’s Full Report

• Paloma Kwiatkowski (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters) has joined Bates Motel Season 2, Deadline reports. She’ll play a small-town party girl who catches Norman’s eye.

• Manolo Cardona (Covert Affairs) has been tapped to recur as the Prince of Portugal in Reign, The CW’s new royal period drama.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (27)

• This is Awesome news! Jason is so great :D can’t wait to see him back on my TV screen.

Comment by ZmaX – August 7, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And here I thought when you said “This is Awesome news!” that you were referring to Ryan McPartlin

Comment by Mike – August 7, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • haha Captain Awesome! Yes that is…AWESOME too :)

Comment by ZmaX – August 7, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha ha! Captain Awesome. So glad he is coming back. Also, I LOVE that Jason Dohring AND Ken Marino are back. I love those guys…especially Ken. Not having him in a comedy right now kills me. I so miss Party Down.

Comment by Liza180 – August 7, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Jason Bohring is in…. Im out.

Comment by Roger Canada – August 7, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me want to check out Tomorrow People even more. :)

Comment by Celyn – August 7, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here

Comment by Andy – August 7, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This makes me want to check out Tomorrow People, period. I was out for the series, but if Dohring is in, I’ll have to check it out. Hopefully he gets at least a recurring role.

Comment by Miranda – August 7, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Tomorrow People just went from Might Watch to Must Watch.

Comment by Alia – August 7, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same here!

Comment by PrincessD (@princessdeesha) – August 7, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Arrrrrrrgh I wasnt going to watch this…I want to par down my season pass list but zomg I love him from moonlight so I may just watch now!

Comment by danielle h – August 7, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I needed was to see Jason Dohring’s name to click this article! So happy,

Comment by toniinterrupted – August 7, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you have a name for that prince of Portugal?

Comment by Joao Gordinho – August 7, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited to Awesome to be on Hart of Dixie! Now we just need Jeffster to show up somewhere! and Morgan! and Ellie! Oh let’s face it, we need Chuck back! :)

Comment by Melissa – August 7, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tomorrow People is destined to be The CW’s next breakout hit and Jason Dohring is a great addition to the series.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 7, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Dohring isn’t joining the cast? What a bummer. I loved him in Moonlight & Veronica Mars. Wish he had been cast as a series regular.

Comment by Ava – August 7, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I hate these misleading headlines. He’s not “Joining” – he’s “Guesting.” LOL

Comment by Chicago Dan – August 7, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amended. — Mgmt.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 7, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you read the description of the character, it certainly sounds like a character who could start as recurring and transition to regular, so chin up! Anything that gets Jason back on our tubes is a good thing.

Comment by BookGirl – August 7, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news Ryan is coming back to TV. good news that Ken Marino may get his own show. This year has been a great year for him in tv shows and movies.

Comment by Joey – August 7, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY Jason back on my TV!

Comment by Mari – August 7, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited seeing Ryan McPartlin and Jason Dohring on TV again!

Comment by Kristina – August 7, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Ryan be a love interest for Zoe and stick around? Love him!

Comment by Toni – August 8, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, I got a kick out of reading the above comments. Although I love Jason Dohring from his Veronica Mars days, Tomorrow People hasn’t quite caught me as yet–I’ll watch the pilot but not sure if I’ll stick with it.

Comment by Ally Oop – August 8, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post