Two and a Half Men Scoop: Amber Tamblyn Cast as Charlie's Long-Lost Lesbian Daughter

Amber Tamblyn Two And A Half MenTwo and a Half Men has found its little woman.

After an exhaustive search, TV vet Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia, House) has been cast as the long-lost, lesbian daughter of Charlie Sheen’s late bachelor, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Exclusive: Angus T. Jones Cut from Two and a Half Men‘s Opening Credits

The character, Jenny, shows up in the CBS comedy’s Sept. 26 premiere upon moving from New York City to Los Angeles to pursue a career in showbiz. She ends up crashing with her Uncle Alan (Jon Cryer) and Walden (Ashton Kutcher).

“She’s somewhat of a chip off the old block,” explains exec producer Chuck Lorre of Jenny. “She’s having a good time and doesn’t care about the destruction left behind her. Decadence from the other side felt long overdue.”

Tamblyn’s role is recurring (she’s booked for five episodes so far), with the option to become a series regular — ostensibly filling the void left by Angus T. Jones’ full-time exit.

1. There’s a reason CBS couldn’t save Joan of Arcadia because it was one of the most ground breaking dramas on television.

2. I don’t like this show, but I love Amber. Maybe I’ll check it out and see if they give her a good storyline…

3. Tom Charles says:

GOOD CASTING

4. StupidPeopleShutUp says:

For once, great casting.

5. Sam says:

Great casting choice. She’s awesome!

6. Mark says:

I thought she was going to be hot.

7. Liz says:

I have never watched this show, nor have I ever wanted to, but I will definitely tune in to see this. Ive loved Amber tamblyn ever since a producer thought she was amber rose and she sent him horrible rap music as a joke.

8. Venkman007 says:

Hrm. This show’s still on the air? Relevant? *twirls finger*

9. sccates says:

Love Amber — might give the show.another shot this go around.

10. Malachi says:

I like Amber enough to think that she deserves better than this. But it’s good to get work, I guess.

• johnhelvete says:

Her pilot for CBS was not picked up, which shows you how broken the pilot system is that high level talent is than stuck looking for work. There is a new high profile show that features an actress I have doubts about, and I can picture Tamblyn playing that part.

11. Lee says:

Love Amber since she played on General Hospital.Love everything you do. Don’t care for the show.

12. Will says:

C’mon, she’s better that this trash. smh.

13. Brooke says:

Wow, she’s a MUCH better actress than I thought they were going to get.

• april-ann says:

I’ve come to the conclusion that a gig on there must pay really, really well. I can think of no other reason the likes of Kathy Bates et al would lower themselves. It’s a highly rated show so while it IS exposure, it’s not always “good” exposure, and some of them don’t necessarily need it. But the money is probably too good to turn down.

14. John says:

Terrific get.

Tempts me to tune back in for sure.

15. Midori4 says:

I lOve her, but this is beneath her.

• ggny says:

Really what is the last thing she has done? Its beneath her to join the 2nd highest rated sitcom on TV? It called show BUSINESS

16. Kenter says:

No! Please! No! Amber is beyond this gutter show. So sad to see her have to stoop this low

17. Michael Pineiro says:

It’s a shame such a good actress on a show that’s on the way out

• John says:

I believe the entertainment phrase that applies is:”A gig, is a gig”.

Another very well may be: “Don’t buy any green bananas”.

18. A. D. says:

Can’t stand her! She is horrible and has always been ever since GH. What a terrible choice!

19. Mandy says:

She is way to good for this. Disappointed.

20. Chicago Dan says:

Outstanding casting. Skeptical about the “twist” for the show, but I’m glad they went out and got someone who could act.

21. Apres Ski says:

EXCELLENT CHOICE!!! She’ll give if a good shot. If it’s as good as I think it might be, like when Malim Balik joined The Big Bang Theory, it should be good.

22. Eddie says:

Wow. Actually jumping ON to a sinking ship.

• jestsaying says:

HA! Love this comment. I’ve never been a big fan of Amber but I agree with all who say she’s too good for this ish. I wish 2.5 men would just go away. And the storyline they’re giving her? So she’s Charlie 2.0? Yeah, Ashton, you guys are really trying to make this the best season yet by rehashing the same tired shtick just with it being a lesbian instead of a straight man. But it makes perfect sense considering the show’s humor is the kind of thing that would appeal to 15 yr old boys anyway. And we all know immature straight guys love lesbians because they love the idea of girl on girl action. Now if you’d made it a gay man? That I would’ve loved just because of the uproar it would’ve caused from the fanbase. Because immature straight men are sooo freaked out by the idea of two men together. Effing neanderthal hypocrites.

23. liz says:

Not a watcher of the show, but I’ll check out the new season. This angle seems actually pretty interesting and I love Tamblyn.

24. Miguel says:

show sucks since u know got let go just let it go and think of something new time to change

25. EdTV says:

So being a Lesbian = Half a Man?

26. FatherOctavian says:

Add me to the chorus of people saying “OH crap, now I’ll have to watch ‘Two and a Half Men'”

27. HWJ says:

Terrible choice if they wanted to generate buzz. She’s neither well-known enough to do that nor attractive enough to do it. Someone like Vanessa Hudgens or Selena Gomez would have been far better.

28. Marisa says:

I love Amber but I hate Ashton Kutcher! And Men hasn’t been worth watching without Charlie Sheen! Not sure I’ll watch…I think this role is beneath Amber! Plus, I think Men hired her because the ratings are sagging and they needed someone with a following…not sure i can support Chuck Lorre exploiting Amber!

29. Scott says:

This is totally sexist. The implication is a lesbian counts a “half a man”. Too disgusting for words.

30. agentscully514 says:

I LOVE Amber Tamblyn so much it’s not funny! I will be there!

31. Adam says:

I’m actually relieved by this. Two and a Half Men relies on misogyny humor quite a bit, and I was really worried how they’d handle this character based on the description – but I don’t think that Amber Tamblyn would take on the project if she felt it would be demeaning or compromise her integrity.

32. Sheldon W. says:

Ms. Tamblyn must be taking the job for the money – otherwise why would she agree to be on one of the most reprehensible shows on network TV…

33. Erika says:

HATED her in House. Hope she won’t be the reason, I quit watching Two and a half men… :(

34. James says:

that show is still on?

35. Cherry says:

Amber’s a really great actress in both drama and comedy. Really happy for her!

36. Anonymous says:

Unfortunate Implication Alert: One Lesbian = Half a Man.

37. Keith says:

She’s too good for this show.

38. DL says:

I see a lot of people are saying she’s too good for the show, but I think it’s a great chance for her to elevate the show and breathe new life into it. And remember that this is a show the Emmy voters still pay attention to (for Jon Dryer, at least). This is a great opportunity for her to steal the show, knock it out of the park, and get some deserved recognition. I think the show is basically hers for the taking.

39. Yaru says:

Love this show, can’t wait to see what the new character brings.

40. lollymae says:

Ugh! First and foremost I want to say I love gay people, grew up around gay people, even have a transvestite (Jimmy Marie) in the family….but what is with ANOTHER gay character on TV?? Its getting old and I feel its more bandwagon- ish, for ratings then it is about story lines….. I think its time to two and a half men to be over. It was a good run, but I will never feel the same about it without Angus, while what he said was short of career suicide, he wasn’t all wrong about it becoming kind of trashy. For some reason it was handled better a few years back. the humor was more funny then it was shocking…my opinion….

• John says:

Who Angus played was always an afterthought character for me, way less than a “half”. A gay character with some serious flaws, as anyone dropped from the Charlie “tree” is most expected to be, can be a nice change of pace. If you want to avoid “ANOTHER” you’d best stay away from SyFy’s Canadian offerings. :)

41. vanessa says:

as much as i love amber tamblyn, it’s not enough to make me watch this show ever again.

42. jake says:

isnt this the girl david cross is dating? hopefully hell have some guest appearances

43. agentscully514 says:

I’m a HUGE fan of Amber, and I will watch just for her.

44. Chris says:

Good for her although i think she’s too good for this show

45. Ann says:

What the only way the can make it is put in a lesbo. The show is so stupid already tried to watch when Charlie was on and couldn’t and tried with Ashton it was even worse.

46. SallyJ says:

The phrase ‘jumping the shark’ springs to mind

47. But if you’re offered a signature of Steve McQueen,Andrew Mitchell amazingly had his statement ready to go. waiting for Osbournes 17:04 train dressed as a pork chop.At least that is the suspicion of Bullards former MK Dons manager Karl Robinson,Ducked at DeepdaleLocal journalists are torn on what to make of the departure of Graham Westley as Preston North End manager. But the uncertainty surrounding a potential demotionhas left him with little option but to quit. who is facing a serious fight to keep the new company afloat after refusing to sell the business to a consortium led by former Rangers boss Walter Smith, but all eyes were on Kate. looked as elegant as ever. never causing a fuss when the beer prices rose or the bar and snug was turned into a carvery.