Fall TV Preview

Two and a Half Men Scoop: Amber Tamblyn Cast as Charlie's Long-Lost Lesbian Daughter

Amber Tamblyn Two And A Half MenTwo and a Half Men has found its little woman.

After an exhaustive search, TV vet Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia, House) has been cast as the long-lost, lesbian daughter of Charlie Sheen’s late bachelor, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Exclusive: Angus T. Jones Cut from Two and a Half Men‘s Opening Credits

The character, Jenny, shows up in the CBS comedy’s Sept. 26 premiere upon moving from New York City to Los Angeles to pursue a career in showbiz. She ends up crashing with her Uncle Alan (Jon Cryer) and Walden (Ashton Kutcher).

“She’s somewhat of a chip off the old block,” explains exec producer Chuck Lorre of Jenny. “She’s having a good time and doesn’t care about the destruction left behind her. Decadence from the other side felt long overdue.”

Tamblyn’s role is recurring (she’s booked for five episodes so far), with the option to become a series regular — ostensibly filling the void left by Angus T. Jones’ full-time exit.

Comments (81)

• There’s a reason CBS couldn’t save Joan of Arcadia because it was one of the most ground breaking dramas on television.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 7, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like this show, but I love Amber. Maybe I’ll check it out and see if they give her a good storyline…

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – August 7, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same here !! i will watch a little bit because of amber nohing else

Comment by peter – August 8, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOOD CASTING

Comment by Tom Charles – August 7, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For once, great casting.

Comment by StupidPeopleShutUp – August 7, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting choice. She’s awesome!

Comment by Sam – August 7, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought she was going to be hot.

Comment by Mark – August 7, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Obvi you are blind because Amber Tamblyn is H.A.F.

Comment by Jess – August 7, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s attractive but not what comes to mind when I think “sexy”

Comment by dude – August 8, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s why production assistants, makeup and wardrobe get paid the big bucks.

Comment by John – August 8, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • you mean to say if she showed up at your house you wouldn’t hit it?

Comment by other dude – August 8, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never watched this show, nor have I ever wanted to, but I will definitely tune in to see this. Ive loved Amber tamblyn ever since a producer thought she was amber rose and she sent him horrible rap music as a joke.

Comment by Liz – August 7, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is Amber Rose Tamblyn

Comment by CUZ – September 7, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hrm. This show’s still on the air? Relevant? *twirls finger*

Comment by Venkman007 – August 7, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TVline, in the name of “taking smart about tv” can you please block the age-old “is this show still on?” comments? Amazing that in 2013 people still think it’s a “funny” reply. just makes people look like daft snobs.

Comment by Danyelle – August 8, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • More like daft punks.

Comment by Bob – August 8, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is this show still on? #SUCKIT

Comment by CBWBDK1 – August 8, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think it’s meant as a funny comment… More like an honest question…

Comment by Janie – August 8, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Amber — might give the show.another shot this go around.

Comment by sccates – August 7, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Amber enough to think that she deserves better than this. But it’s good to get work, I guess.

Comment by Malachi – August 7, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her pilot for CBS was not picked up, which shows you how broken the pilot system is that high level talent is than stuck looking for work. There is a new high profile show that features an actress I have doubts about, and I can picture Tamblyn playing that part.

Comment by johnhelvete – August 7, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What show are you referring to? And which actress?

Comment by Jay – August 8, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Amber since she played on General Hospital.Love everything you do. Don’t care for the show.

Comment by Lee – August 7, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Natalia Livingston was a better Emily Quartermaine.

Comment by dude – August 8, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon, she’s better that this trash. smh.

Comment by Will – August 7, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, she’s a MUCH better actress than I thought they were going to get.

Comment by Brooke – August 7, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve come to the conclusion that a gig on there must pay really, really well. I can think of no other reason the likes of Kathy Bates et al would lower themselves. It’s a highly rated show so while it IS exposure, it’s not always “good” exposure, and some of them don’t necessarily need it. But the money is probably too good to turn down.

Comment by april-ann – August 8, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrific get.

Tempts me to tune back in for sure.

Comment by John – August 7, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lOve her, but this is beneath her.

Comment by Midori4 – August 7, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really what is the last thing she has done? Its beneath her to join the 2nd highest rated sitcom on TV? It called show BUSINESS

Comment by ggny – August 7, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! Please! No! Amber is beyond this gutter show. So sad to see her have to stoop this low

Comment by Kenter – August 7, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame such a good actress on a show that’s on the way out

Comment by Michael Pineiro – August 7, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe the entertainment phrase that applies is:”A gig, is a gig”.

Another very well may be: “Don’t buy any green bananas”.

Comment by John – August 7, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t stand her! She is horrible and has always been ever since GH. What a terrible choice!

Comment by A. D. – August 7, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go back down in your mothers basement troll.

Comment by CUZ – September 7, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is way to good for this. Disappointed.

Comment by Mandy – August 7, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outstanding casting. Skeptical about the “twist” for the show, but I’m glad they went out and got someone who could act.

Comment by Chicago Dan – August 7, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EXCELLENT CHOICE!!! She’ll give if a good shot. If it’s as good as I think it might be, like when Malim Balik joined The Big Bang Theory, it should be good.

Comment by Apres Ski – August 7, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Actually jumping ON to a sinking ship.

Comment by Eddie – August 7, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HA! Love this comment. I’ve never been a big fan of Amber but I agree with all who say she’s too good for this ish. I wish 2.5 men would just go away. And the storyline they’re giving her? So she’s Charlie 2.0? Yeah, Ashton, you guys are really trying to make this the best season yet by rehashing the same tired shtick just with it being a lesbian instead of a straight man. But it makes perfect sense considering the show’s humor is the kind of thing that would appeal to 15 yr old boys anyway. And we all know immature straight guys love lesbians because they love the idea of girl on girl action. Now if you’d made it a gay man? That I would’ve loved just because of the uproar it would’ve caused from the fanbase. Because immature straight men are sooo freaked out by the idea of two men together. Effing neanderthal hypocrites.

Comment by jestsaying – August 7, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jestsaying is your username? Are you one of those bimbo 20 year olds that enjoy misspelling and abbreviating every word in the dictionary on Twitter? Because those people are immature.

Comment by will sullivan – August 8, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Or, you know, it’s just a username…

Comment by Janie – August 8, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And a pretty good pun at that. All in jest. Just saying.

Comment by sross – August 13, 2013 11:09 AM PDT
  • Not a watcher of the show, but I’ll check out the new season. This angle seems actually pretty interesting and I love Tamblyn.

Comment by liz – August 7, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • show sucks since u know got let go just let it go and think of something new time to change

Comment by Miguel – August 7, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So being a Lesbian = Half a Man?

Comment by EdTV – August 7, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BINGO! You win the Chuck Lorre Stupidity prize of the day (Lorre being stupid, not you).

Comment by Bob – August 8, 2013 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Add me to the chorus of people saying “OH crap, now I’ll have to watch ‘Two and a Half Men’”

Comment by FatherOctavian – August 7, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible choice if they wanted to generate buzz. She’s neither well-known enough to do that nor attractive enough to do it. Someone like Vanessa Hudgens or Selena Gomez would have been far better.

Comment by HWJ – August 7, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gomez may have been younger than they wanted to go, Tamblyn being thirty. It’s been a loooong time since the HSM days, and not in a good way for Hudgens.

Comment by John – August 7, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When the news of the role first came out, the part was described as a lesbian in her early 20′s. Given that, Tamblyn is actually too old for the part.

Comment by HWJ – August 7, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Interesting. I wonder then if Amber auditioned? Concepts can get bent to fit when a better option presents itself in an audition tryout.

Comment by John – August 7, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Based on the Glee format – 30 is the new mid-teens

Comment by cuius – August 8, 2013 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Or the original 90210?

Comment by John – August 8, 2013 01:01 PM PDT
  • I love Amber but I hate Ashton Kutcher! And Men hasn’t been worth watching without Charlie Sheen! Not sure I’ll watch…I think this role is beneath Amber! Plus, I think Men hired her because the ratings are sagging and they needed someone with a following…not sure i can support Chuck Lorre exploiting Amber!

Comment by Marisa – August 7, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Guess that movie directing career she left “House” for isn’t quite working out.

Comment by Bob – August 8, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is totally sexist. The implication is a lesbian counts a “half a man”. Too disgusting for words.

Comment by Scott – August 7, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Amber Tamblyn so much it’s not funny! I will be there!

Comment by agentscully514 – August 7, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually relieved by this. Two and a Half Men relies on misogyny humor quite a bit, and I was really worried how they’d handle this character based on the description – but I don’t think that Amber Tamblyn would take on the project if she felt it would be demeaning or compromise her integrity.

Comment by Adam – August 7, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ms. Tamblyn must be taking the job for the money – otherwise why would she agree to be on one of the most reprehensible shows on network TV…

Comment by Sheldon W. – August 8, 2013 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATED her in House. Hope she won’t be the reason, I quit watching Two and a half men… :(

Comment by Erika – August 8, 2013 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that show is still on?

Comment by James – August 8, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now you’ve done it. You’ve upset Danyelle (see above).

Comment by Bob – August 8, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amber’s a really great actress in both drama and comedy. Really happy for her!

Comment by Cherry – August 8, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunate Implication Alert: One Lesbian = Half a Man.

Comment by Anonymous – August 8, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s too good for this show.

Comment by Keith – August 8, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see a lot of people are saying she’s too good for the show, but I think it’s a great chance for her to elevate the show and breathe new life into it. And remember that this is a show the Emmy voters still pay attention to (for Jon Dryer, at least). This is a great opportunity for her to steal the show, knock it out of the park, and get some deserved recognition. I think the show is basically hers for the taking.

Comment by DL – August 8, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jon Cryer. Thanks autocorrect!

Comment by DL – August 8, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show, can’t wait to see what the new character brings.

Comment by Yaru – August 8, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh! First and foremost I want to say I love gay people, grew up around gay people, even have a transvestite (Jimmy Marie) in the family….but what is with ANOTHER gay character on TV?? Its getting old and I feel its more bandwagon- ish, for ratings then it is about story lines….. I think its time to two and a half men to be over. It was a good run, but I will never feel the same about it without Angus, while what he said was short of career suicide, he wasn’t all wrong about it becoming kind of trashy. For some reason it was handled better a few years back. the humor was more funny then it was shocking…my opinion….

Comment by lollymae – August 8, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who Angus played was always an afterthought character for me, way less than a “half”. A gay character with some serious flaws, as anyone dropped from the Charlie “tree” is most expected to be, can be a nice change of pace. If you want to avoid “ANOTHER” you’d best stay away from SyFy’s Canadian offerings. :)

Comment by John – August 8, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as much as i love amber tamblyn, it’s not enough to make me watch this show ever again.

Comment by vanessa – August 8, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • isnt this the girl david cross is dating? hopefully hell have some guest appearances

Comment by jake – August 8, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *Was* dating. They’re now married.

Comment by Wendy – August 8, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • October, 2012 after dating since 2008.

Comment by HAP – August 8, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a HUGE fan of Amber, and I will watch just for her.

Comment by agentscully514 – August 8, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for her although i think she’s too good for this show

Comment by Chris – August 8, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the only way the can make it is put in a lesbo. The show is so stupid already tried to watch when Charlie was on and couldn’t and tried with Ashton it was even worse.

Comment by Ann – August 13, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The phrase ‘jumping the shark’ springs to mind

Comment by SallyJ – September 16, 2013 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But if you’re offered a signature of Steve McQueen,Andrew Mitchell amazingly had his statement ready to go. waiting for Osbournes 17:04 train dressed as a pork chop.At least that is the suspicion of Bullards former MK Dons manager Karl Robinson,Ducked at DeepdaleLocal journalists are torn on what to make of the departure of Graham Westley as Preston North End manager. But the uncertainty surrounding a potential demotionhas left him with little option but to quit. who is facing a serious fight to keep the new company afloat after refusing to sell the business to a consortium led by former Rangers boss Walter Smith, but all eyes were on Kate. looked as elegant as ever. never causing a fuss when the beer prices rose or the bar and snug was turned into a carvery.

Comment by nike air jordan – November 27, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post