Fall TV Preview

Supernatural Scoop: Battlestar Galactica Alum Tahmoh Penikett Gets Angelic

Supernatural Season 9 Tahmoh Penikett A Whedonverse alum has fallen from Heaven.

Sci-fi staple Tahmoh Penikett (Dollhouse, Battlestar Galactica) has landed a multi-episode arc on Season 9 of Supernatural, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Supernatural Spin-Off Premise Revealed

Penikett’s Ezekiel is “a dignified warrior angel injured in the Fall” that took place at the close of last May’s finale, says executive producer Jeremy Carver.

He will first appear in the Season 9 premiere, airing on the show’s new night, Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 9/8c.

At Comic-Con last month, Carver revealed that “a world full of fallen angels is pretty much a free-for-all.”

“We’re going to see it’s not one unified body,” he added. “We’ve got lots of angels out there with lots of different agendas. Many are feelings lost and vengeful. A world of fallen angels is a dirty, bloody, scary and, in some ways, a very human world.”

RELATED | Supernatural Season 9 Spoilers — Dean’s Secret About Sam

Penikett’s other TV credits include Continuum, Castle and fellow CW series Arrow.

Comments (27)

• Well that’s one way to keep me watching a season that honestly hasn’t much appealed to me yet based on the spoilers that are out.

Comment by Kelly – August 6, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When is Supernatural going to be cancelled? It never gets more then a million viewers, and even the CW can do better.

Comment by Martine – August 21, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have not watched Supernatural since the end of season 4, but suddenly I feel the need to start again….

Comment by Dizzle – August 6, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news all day.

Comment by Daisy – August 6, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow, I feel like I can’t breath. This is so exciting!

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – August 6, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love him but ughhh, so not looking forward to another season full of whiny angels. They should have dropped this plotline after S5 concluded.

Comment by Marie – August 6, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If there’s anyone that can play an angel its him. He’s so beautiful….and got the talent to match.

Comment by liz – August 6, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I wasn’t excited about this angel storyline until I saw this news! Now I’m interested.

Comment by Bella – August 6, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tahmoh! Can’t wait. Loved him as Helo Agathon.

Comment by Cort – August 6, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good casting!

Comment by Carrie – August 6, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really excited. I love him,

Comment by Chris – August 6, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better stock up on your Angel blades, Winchesters.

Comment by SonOfCoul – August 6, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely be tuning in now… If we ever get the CW back on Brighthouse cable that is… otherwise guess I’ll watch online.
    Loved him on BSG & Dollhouse!!

Comment by Sunshine – August 6, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dangit. Now I may have to start watching this show again.

Comment by Nichole – August 6, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Question… are these host bodies? What about the angels who haven’t taken a host body (like Cas took Jimmy)?

Random question, I know.

Comment by Drew – August 6, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! I love me some Tahmoh – except in Continuum, where he doesn’t seem to do much but stand around looking corrupt – so I hope he’s up to his normal standards in Supernatural.

Comment by Katie_Mead – August 6, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol true. But at least he stands around looking corrupt with cheekbones that could cut glass. Lol.

Comment by liz – August 6, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol true. But at least he stands around looking corrupt with a jawline that could cut glass. Lol.

Comment by liz – August 6, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Op, sorry for the weird double post

Comment by liz – August 6, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOVE your post! He is gorgeous ain’t he?

Comment by Lisa Ray – September 24, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THEY ARE GOING TO BREAK MY TV WITH ALL THE HANDSOME.

Comment by Tricia – August 6, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NICE!!! That’s great casting news!

Comment by Brooke – August 6, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Haven’t seem him much since Dollhouse, looking forward to having him back on my TV!

Comment by Kristina – August 6, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like great casting! Loved him in Dollhouse!

Comment by Marisa – August 6, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awsome news, really excited for this new character and actor playing him.

Comment by Sandra – August 7, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well its official, tahmoh penikett is on a mission to appear in every show currently on air, its getting to the stage where i cant turn on my tv without seeing him.

Comment by Alan – August 7, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was pretty cool when he played duke crocker’s dad on haven. If hid dad shoes up again in the show I hope he will reprise the role.

Comment by Lisa Ray – September 24, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post