Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive: 24 Alum Leslie Hope Lands Role of 'Tremendous Importance'

NCIS Season 11 Cast Leslie HopeLeslie Hope is set to make a big splash on CBS’ NCIS.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the beloved 24 alum has booked a guest-starring role on TV’s most watched drama, playing Sarah Porter, a high-level Navy official, in the second episode of Season 11, titled “Past, Present, Future.”

RELATED | NCIS Season 11 Scoop on Tony and Ziva’s Imminent Separation

And though Hope will appear in just the one episode, her role “is one that has tremendous importance in the NCIS world,” show boss Gary Glasberg reports. “I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have joining us at this pivotal time than Leslie. We’re thrilled to have her.”

Famously felled early on during 24‘s eight-season run, Hope’s more recent TV credits include Revolution, ABC’s one-and-done The River and an arc on The Mentalist.

RELATED | NCIS Boss Opens Up About Cote de Pablo’s Surprising Decision (‘I Really Wasn’t Planning for This’), Hints at ‘Romantic’ Exit Storyline

NCIS premieres Season 11 on Tuesday, Sept. 24.

1. Jennifer says:

wasn’t she also on Runaway with Donnie Wahlberg.

2. M3rc Nate says:

Hmmm….a red head….interesting. (considering Gibbs attraction to them).

3. Very good sign that she’s navy. As long as she’s no one’s love interest. :-)

4. Kristie says:

Sorry NCIS is off my list after the loss of Ziva.

• estefania says:

well said

• Nerwen Aldarion says:

Watch Agents of SHIELD instead, I know I will

• Classic NCIS fan says:

Doubt that any of you fair weather Tiva fans will be missed. It was always a given that the whole lot of you would leave once the show stopped spoon feeding you and you found the next shiny new thing,

• kath says:

I’ve watched every week for 8 seasons. I don’t consider myself a fair-weather fan.

However, at this point I’m not much interested in any of other characters when Ziva will be gone. That’s the cost of endlessly teasing and not delivering till the last moment. (I left JAG early too.)

• GAIL LEWIS says:

• GAIL LEWIS says:

WELL SAID! NOT TRUE FANS. LEAVE JUST BECAUSE CAST CHANGES. SURE COTE’ SOULD BE DISAPPOINTED IN HER FANS FOR REACTING LIKE THAT. LOOKING FORWARD TO NEW THINGS. #ncis

• Gibbs says:

Good one “classic” i like the shiny new thing line,fair weather fans,see YAH…

• Tav says:

Hey now, watch the first 2 eps THEN bail, that’s my plan of action ;)

• Liunda says:

I am sorry that Ziva is leaving, too, but I was also sad to see Cate get killed. I still love the rest of the crew so I will watch anyway. I only have a few programs that I truly enjoy so I won’t turn my back on NCIS. They tried very hard to get her to stay but she was ready to make a change. I can’t imagine why when she was on one of the most popular series on tv.

5. Lorie says:

Sounds good to me.

6. Emma says:

Excited to see what exactly her role is! But 24 had eight seasons, not nine.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I was counting the upcoming one, but understand the confusion. Edited.

• Forastero says:

Creo que parte de la salida de Coté de Pablo se debe a diferentes aspectos desde lo personal, lo salarial y tal vez alguna mala relación con algún compañero. Por que varios comentarios de MW mas que sarcásticos sobre la relación TIVA son como de desprecio al personaje y espero que no a Coté pero de por si también ya que ella es la que hace de Ziva……

Viendo algunos de los comentarios de MW sobre estos dos capítulos de salida de CDP / ZIVA / TIVA creo que es capáz de hacer una fiesta festejando la salida ya que la ida de CDP es la salida de Ziva y de TIVA y así como Tony tapa con sus payasadas sus inseguridades creo que MW con su sarcasmo deja ver el desprecio por esa parte del show y eso que no está haciendo Hamlet como para decir que TIVA le tira abajo su interpretación…………

Dentro de lo bueno de la salida de CDP -no creo que exista algo bueno y más a esta altura del show ya que al menos y solo eso le queda a NCIS 2 temporadas mas-es que adelantó lo que quizás nunca hubiera pasado o solo en el final final lo de TIVA.

• Dee says:

He should have contempt for the “Tiva” storyline. He was always playing the fool, the incompetent, the dork whenever she was around.

Me da gusto que ya no va estar en uno de mis programas favoritos.

7. Marty says:

Is there going to be a return of Marina Sirtis? There was a fair amount of hype when she stepped in as Orli to replace Eli David… is she coming back?

8. NoChance says:

Sounds intriguing. Looking forward to “Past, Present & Future” and beyond. I’m very excited for Season XI of “NCIS”.

9. tangolightly says:

It is disappointing to hear that Ziva’s final episode will spend time introducing a new character, especially if this character is only in one episode. What’s the point?

• Darlene says:

Maybe she’s the new adversary the team will have to face (hopefully throughout much of the season) that Gary G. mentioned while previewing Season 11.

• tangolightly says:

The article does say that she’ll just be in one episode, so I don’t think she’s the adversary. But who knows.

• tangentman says:

Ziva’s final episode is 11.1, and according to the article, Sarah will appear in episode 11.2. No real issue there.

• tangolightly says:

I think you’re mistaken. 11.2 (Past, Present, Future) was described by Gary Glasberg as the episode focused on Ziva’s departure.

• tangentman says:

Perhaps. I was under the impression that it was the first, ‘Whiskey Tango Foxtrot’. I’ll have to look for that article, unless you happen to have a link…

• Classic NCIS fan says:

The point is that the show goes on….New story lines to introduce as one is finally wrapped up. Did you think the entire 43 minutes would be devoted only to Ziva?

10. amadeline says:

Leslie Hope gives me the heeby jeebies, so I hope it’s a really short visit!

11. Chris says:

“A high level Navy official”. Sounds like they are putting the Navy back in NCIS.
    So excited for Season 11!!

12. Bella says:

I’m not a Leslie Hope fan either. I’m worried that she’s going to be Ziva’s replacement when they say they’re thrilled she’s joining them at such a pivotal time. So I sure hope she’s not replacing Ziva and then being a love interest for Gibbs.

13. elana says:

Looks like a cast of thousands. I’m intrigued by this part though. I’m getting more interested in seeing how they finish Ziva’s story and move on.

14. ncis4evr says:

Intrigued. Like the actress and interested to see what this “tremendous importance” is related to. Thanks for the scoop.

15. Hey I would love to join the cast of NCIS!!! That is my favorite show!! Even though Ziva is leaving which I wish she wasnt I love her!!! I will not stop watching this show and niether are my parents…..I do have acting experience I am filming a movie right now and I do model just sayin…But I think the new season is gonna be awesome!!!! Cant wait till it comes back on!!! I am so antsy!!! Till then I will continue to watch the marathons and stay in touch with the news on NCIS!!! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! Look me up at Actress/Model Melissa Marie Hutkins

16. Classic NCIS fan says:

ok….now I’m intrigued by the way GG is describing this role – even if he isn’t saying much.

17. calilah says:

It’s going to be very hard to watch ANY potential character replacements after Ziva’s departure. I hope she’s not going to be that.

18. The Rookie says:

I am waiting for the announcement that Diane Neal will join the cast with Borin switching agencies. No Tiva, no problem (Tony and Ziva as agents = OK). The series should be bigger than any of the ships, I think that the point of resolution for Tiva was pass due in S7. Thanks to Cote and hope great things for her.

19. Donna says:

I can only assume this character will represent the “future” and cause either Tony or Ziva to make the move …..

20. Marri says:

Don’t care for Hope as an actor-she is too stiff-necked. She doesn’t have the charisma Ziva or Kate had. She just wouldn’t fit the role. With all the actresses, why her?

21. Lee says:

geez people. get over it already. SHE WANTED to leave the show. Who knows what she has plans to do? She might be tired of playing a character on a show and just wants to try something different. If you’ve read everything that’s been said, money was NOT the issue. Give the Lady a break because she wanted to leave. That doesn’t mean we abandon a show we’ve watched all these years. I was stunned when Kate was killed! Didn’t see that coming at all. Kept on watching tho’. If they had put Tony and Ziva together the same thing would have happened that happens on all shows that do that….BORING after the initial AHHH at last they are together. Yes, I’ve been watching this show since the beginning and JAG before that. Change is a way of life – even in TV Land.

22. The Rookie says:

In my dream world it would be awesome if the team’s new member were Col. Sara Mckenzie-Raab, USMC, Ret. Catherine Bell would rock on the show.

23. The Rookie says:

In my dream world it would be awesome if the team’s new member were Col. Sarah MacKenzie-Raab, USMC, Ret. Catherine Bell would rock on the show. But I hope the new member is a former service member, preferably NAVY, to see her banter with Gibbs.

24. Pam says:

I’ll still be watching NCIS long after Cote leaves. She’s great but the show will go on. I think Cathrine Bell would make a good team member also. Still miss JAG.

25. B says:

I want Ziva, I want Ziva, I want Ziva

26. papnana says:

I honestly cannot believe all the comments on this thread about “Tiva”. Get a grip people Cote is leaving of her own accord. NCIS will go on & I’m sure there will still be a bundle of us still watching the show. I also don’t think Leslie Hope is a good fit, but since it is for only one (1) episode, that should not be a problem. IMO a redhead should be brought in as Gibbs’ love interest. Tony is getting a little too old to be playing the field, so to speak, I believe it is time for Tony to grow up. I also don’t think the “Tiva” thing would have made it. Those kind of “romances” always fizzle out in these kind of shows. Not much to see with these kind of “romances”, like mentioned above, once the AHHH if seen, that’s if!! Thanks for letting me vent. A loyal NCIS fan forever:)

27. sue says:

I feel cheated…for years the producer/writers have been teasing the “Tiva” relationship, and now she’s leaving! I realize that the writers did not anticipate this, but I am still annoyed and it will be hard to get into any other teases…it just seems that there are no happy endings for any of the characters on this show.

28. Sue says:

TIVA could never have worked – Rule #12, folks!!!!!
    Sorry that Cote is leaving the show, because a lot of good Mossad/ mid-east plot lines will leave with her. I think her character had such a strong story arc this year that she couldn’t see topping it in the future and decided to go out on top. So be it.
    NCIS has always had strong writers and I anticipate that they will continue to take us through some strong arcs that we will all find very satisfying.

29. Julie Merritt says: