Pilot Scoop: Justin Kirk Joins FX Drama Tyrant

Get More: Casting News, Pilots, Scoop

FX Pilot Tyrant CAst Justin KirkJustin Kirk has been cast in the FX drama pilot Tyrant, TVLine has learned.

From Homeland EPs Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff and Six Feet Under‘s Craig Wright, the project follows an unassuming American family — Barry, Molly and their kids — drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation.

RELATED | FX’s Horror Story Adds Alexandra Breckenridge to Coven

The Weeds alum joins as an American diplomat described as “sexy, decadent and mysterious.”

Kirk’s other recent TV credits include NBC’s ill-fated Animal Practice and Modern Family.

Comments (9)

• So glad- he is one of the nicest guys around.

Comment by Diane Short La Rue – August 6, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kirk is going to be an American diplomat described as “sexy”? May be just me, but I don’t really think sexy when I think Justin Kirk.

Comment by Andy – August 6, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to know who the leads are going to be.

Comment by Superhero – August 6, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on I'm LissaBreen – Welcome To My World (My Life, My Way&My Destiny).

Comment by LissaCaldina – August 6, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know why his last series Animal Practice was a complete disaster all because of the “monkey”.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 6, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They had started to phase the monkey out. It got cancelled right when it was finding it’s footing. I miss that show. The cast was outstanding.

Comment by Zach – August 6, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are they going to cast the lead roles for this? They probably can’t get him but Ali Suliman for Barry.

Comment by johnhelvete – August 6, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What about Mark Valley? He’s a solid leading man if I ever saw one. He’s great at drama, but can do dry humor like a pro. Body of Proof really improved when they added him.

Comment by Zach – August 6, 2013 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The male lead is “American” but he was born to a Middle Eastern dictator, so I am pretty sure the actor has to be Arab or at least look like he could be Arab.

Comment by johnhelvete – August 7, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post