Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Scandal, Bones, Revenge, Sons, NCIS, Arrow, Once and More

blog_aa_8.6.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I’ve been dying for some Bones spoilers. Do you know when and how Booth and Brennan will get married? —Anne
Ausiello: No, but series creator Hart Hanson does, and here’s what he’s willing to share: “Like most things we do on Bones, the wedding will happen in a way you don’t expect and a time you don’t expect.” And what that, Mr. Cryptic McObscureson strikes again!

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

Question: First off I want to say that when people ask me what I want to be when I grow up, I say “a writer for TVLine.” I’m wondering if you can spill any scoop on Justin Hartley’s character, Patrick, on Revenge? I know he’s Victoria’s son but that’s pretty much all I know. —Daniela
Ausiello: He is really, really, really, really, really loved by his mom. Like, really loved. During the time-jump, mother and son “spent a lot of time together building a relationship, one that almost seems inappropriate when we first see them,” teases Emily VanCamp. “She’s just so in love with her son. It’s very bizarre.” Their close bond will make it tough for Emily to drive a wedge between them, which, as VanCamp reminds, is her character’s MO:  “The ultimate goal for Emily with Victoria is to turn her children against her. She’s successfully managing it with Daniel. You’ll start to see that she’s not so successfully managing it with Charlotte. And Patrick is the wild card. He’s going to be a very tricky person to turn, if she even can.”

revenge season 3Question: Can you clear up some confusion surrounding Barry Sloane’s involvement in Revenge in Season 3? I read that we will only see Aiden briefly in flashbacks. —Gina
Ausiello: You misread. Or you correctly read information that was wrong. Either way, it’s not true. Not only is Sloane a full-fledged series regular in Season 3, but his alter ego is moving front and center. “Last year he was very much a ninja on the periphery,” notes new showrunner Sunil Nayar. “And now we get to inject him into the world of the show. It’s reconception of the character and a real growth. The stories we told last year barely scratched the surface of what Barry is capable of doing as an actor and what the character is capable of doing on screen. He has such a rich history with Emily.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Revenge Quadrangle Downgraded to Triangle in Season 3

Question: Any other hints on Ziva’s exit on NCIS? —Cheryl
Ausiello: Her send-off will be a love letter to Tiva ‘shippers. “We’re going to deliver everything the Tiva fans would want,” assures exec producer Gary Glasberg of Cote de Pablo’s two-episode swan song. “There’s tremendous romance and tremendous heart and pathos, and I hope fans enjoy it. We’re going to do our best.”

Question: Do you really think that Kenya is dead on Defiance? Or has Stahma squirreled her way somewhere so they can keep up their lady-loving ways? –Cinders
Ausiello: Let’s just say that production on Season 2 starts Monday, and a certain someone’s name is MIA (as in Kirshner) from this returning cast list: Grant Bowler, Julie Benz, Stephanie Leonidas, Tony Curran, Jaime Murray, Graham Greene, Jesse Rath, Dewshane Williams, Trenna Keating, Justin Rain and Nicole Munoz.

Question: I’d like to know what Eric is up to in the True Blood finale. So far no one knows anything. Be the first to let us know! —Lorraine
Ausiello: Sadly, I’m going to have to be the latest to tell you that I don’t anything either — unless the last line of HBO’s official logline for the Aug. 18 closer pertains to Mr. Northman.

Bill discovers that salvation comes at a price; Jason senses a vampire attraction firsthand. Sookie examines her future with Warlow, while Bon Temps braces itself when a new crisis threatens both humans and vampires.

Question: I’m having Grey’s Anatomy withdrawal! Have any scoop on Season 10 to get me through? —Molly
Ausiello: For those wondering if Webber made it out of the finale alive, Sarah Drew invites you to continue wondering. “The sad little Chief is still face-down on the [basement] floor,” she tells my colleague Matt Mitovich of the premiere. Meanwhile, on the romance front, Drew hints that April and Jackson may be driven further apart by the “challenging” situation her character created. “Jackson proposed to her and she said yes, but then basically said no, and all of the sudden she just accepted a proposal [from EMT Matt, played by Justin Bruening]. But then Jackson almost dies and she decides now she wants him? Put yourself in his shoes — that’s gotta feel a little crappy!” Yep, just tried on his kicks — kinda crappy.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes on Possible Exits of Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo, Etc: It’s Different This Time

HILARIE BURTONQuestion: Do you have any news on Lauren (Hilarie Burton) returning to Grey’s Anatomy in Season 10? I heard they will pick up right where they left off, so I’m assuming Lauren can’t disappear like that, especially during a super storm, right? —Khair
Ausiello: Yet disappear the homewrecker will. “We don’t have any plans for her to return at this time,” series creator Shonda Rhimes tells me. “But we loved her; she was great.”

Question: I’d like to know more about the new season of Once Upon A Time! –Joe
Ausiello: Lost fans just might get a sense of Season 4 deja vu when the Jolly Roger drops anchor in Neverland, and its passengers ultimately face the decision of who to follow. “You’ve got five people on a ship who all think they’re leaders, so we’ll have to see how they react when they face their first obstacle,” series cocreator Eddy Kitsis hints. Adds Adam Horowitz, “There’s certainly some friction, but there’s also a shared goal they have to achieve” — finding Henry. “The question is: Will they achieve it together, separately or at all?”

Question: We Gladiators will take what Scandal scoop we can get! —Miranda
Ausiello: Asked to describe the state of Fitz and Mellie’s marriage when the ABC hit returns next month, series creator Shonda Rhimes demurs, “That’s going to be really tough to answer without giving it away.” But after mulling it over for a few seconds, Rhimes delivers a most intriguing tease, allowing that first couple “are still together” and “Mellie is in caretaking mode.”

Question: Please can you spare some scoops on Sons of Anarchy? —John
Ausiello: Incarcerated Tara’s inner Pit Bull — which viewers first met last season when she went to town on Wanda De Jesus’ unhinged madam — will rear its ugly head again in the Sept. 10 season premiere. Also making a cameo in the super-sized opener: Charlie Hunnam’s naked arse.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Boss Talks ‘Controversial’ Premiere Twist that Sets Up ‘Final Act’ of Series

Question: What are the odds Ryan and Amber will actually get married on Parenthood this season? —Rebecca
Ausiello: They were excellent, right up until I heard the show is adding the recurring character of Zack, a “funny and charming” drummer who figuratively charms the pants off Amber at his band’s recording session at the Luncheonette. (Hmm… could this be said band’s lead singer?)

Question: I feel like we’re due for a juicy blind item. —Brandon
Ausiello: I feel like I agree with you. A recurring character on a show that gets a ton of (proverbial) ink in Ask Ausiello will bite the dust this fall, and I’m going to go out on a limb and predict few tears will be shed.

arrow island season 2Question: Just wanted know about anything on Arrow season 2. —Dana
Ausiello: If you ever wondered how Oliver’s island existence, seen in flashback, could have been any worse, here’s a short answer for you: pirates. (Or is it pilates? My source’s note was smudged. But I’m going with pirates.)

Question: How ’bout some new intel on The Good Wife‘s 100th episode? —Ms. J
Ausiello: This season’s Civil War theme will leave footprints in the landmark episode, as will the ongoing “Will/Alicia difficulty,” according to series cocreator Robert King, who promises an “explosive” episode.

Question: Got any Chicago Fire dirt? —Sara
Ausiello: Casey will have attained “some peace” about his girlfriend Hallie’s death when the Season 2 premiere picks up a month after the tragedy, star Jesse Spencer tells TVLine. The firefighter “develops a relationship with a couple of kids that he has to look after, and they help him through some difficult times, and he helps them. It’s nice. It’s an appropriate ending to the Hallie story.” Meanwhile, don’t look for Dawson to mend Casey’s broken heart — at least not in the short term. “They have a mutual understanding between each other,” explains Spencer. “There’s an attraction, but there’s a professionalism. They kind of put it to bed. You know as well as I do it’s going to resurface at some point — and probably sooner rather than later. [But] right now, they’re just friends.”

PHOTOS & VIDEO | Fall Preview: Your Guide to 52 New shows

Question: I am desperate for some Parks and Recreation news. Please share any scoop you have! —Alyssa
Ausiello: Pawnee mayor Walter Gunderson will be played by… Bill Murray. Or no one. “We’re still holding out for Bill,” exec producer Mike Schur tells me of the reclusive actor. “And if we never meet the Mayor, I won’t be sad. We never met Vera on Cheers. We never met Tim Allen’s neighbor on Home Improvement.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. l.a. says:

Thanks for the scoop on Scandal and Once!

2. Bran says:

Ziva is so dying.

• Nicole says:

Ziva is main cast not a recurring character. Recurring would be Fornell.

• NoChance says:

Cote WAS main cast. In Season 11 she’s in 1 or 2 episodes and then she’s gone.

• JustAViewer says:

Good thing NCIS is going of my Must Watch list. Any TIVA scene is one too many. I miss the old NCIS

• Josh says:

“FEW tears will be shed” as in..not many people will care…If he said something like, “And a few tears will probably be shed” it will mean someone with a small fan base but saying “FEW tears will be shed” means it is a character no one likes.

• stephen says:

it doesn’t matter they have already said they aren’t killing ziva off. They are leaving door open. so ziva isn’t dying. since this space answers more grey’s anatomy questions then any other show id say someone on grey’s.

• cindy coppa says:

Ziva will be hard to replace,as we have had to do the “Relacements” on CSI it must be a well thought out plan or this could be fatal. Miami was going nowhere, but CSI NY was going in a new direction, I have been a faithfull fan from the get go still watching reruns for beloved NCIS,cant get enough.

3. Julz says:

::waves:: Bye Lauren Boswell! Storm or no storm, the witch flies away on her broom.

I hope Richard survives. But I have my suspicions that he still may leave… :( ?!? Excited to see the fallout of everything else.

• Kelly says:

I didn’t think Lauren was a witch at all. Not sure where you got that from. She wasn’t mean or sinister. Just because Shonda says she had no plans to bring her back at the time of the interview doesn’t mean 2 weeks from now or whenever Shonda will change her mind and bring her back. Surely you don’t take what Shonda Rhimes says at face value. And JPJ may not be the only one leaving the show at some point this season. I put my money on Sandra Oh leaving in Season 10, maybe even mid-season. I’m surprised she’s returning for the season premire after what looked to me like a goodbye forever to the show in the Season 9 finale.

• Sarah says:

Agree about Lauren. People are quick to label any character that interferes with their favourite relationship as a jerk or a witch. Callie/Arizona wasn’t working anyway; Lauren was just the final nail in the coffin. The fault here belongs to the cheater, not the woman she cheated with.

• tp says:

I can’t stand when people call the mistress/(whatever a man, who is the side piece, is called) a homewrecker. The person who has the home to wreck is in the wrong. In this case Arizona is the homewrecker. Can’t “steal” someone’s spouse. They go willingly.

• Janie says:

I also hate when people say “homewrecker” but lets be honest. A good decent person will never entertain the thought of sleeping with someone who is married. That’s wrong no matter what. So while its wrong to say the other woman is a homewrecker, they’re certainly not a decent human being.

• buckyboy says:

Sorry, but I couldn’t disagree with you more. Sure the person who cheats is more to blame than who they cheat with. However, anyone who pursues a romantic relationship with a married woman (or man) as agressively as Lauren did is trash. Period.

4. GTS says:

Literally or figuratively charm the pants of Amber?

5. Kate says:

Hello, we totally knew Wilson. We just didn’t see all of his face at any given time. (Hate myself a little for this.)

• S. says:

The series finale revealed his face. For the wedding, the fence was removed and we got to see Wilson in all his glory.

6. ncis4evr says:

I certainly hope that after Mr Glasberg delivers this everything-they-want episode to the Tiva fans, that he finally remembers to deliver some things to the “other” part of the fandom. You know, the fans that actually plan on continuing to watch your show after the Tiva fans have left in a huff?

• Tav says:

Hey, just let us enjoy the first 2 episodes, then your lot can content yourselves with the show’s waning quality as it’s run into the ground til season 14 or whatever.

• dmac says:

I am shocked that so many people are getting sick of the TIVA shippers you and your comments are so delightful…

• ClassicNCISfan says:

Given the fairweather loyalty and entitled temper tantrums of 97% of the tiva shippers, stir in the idea that next to none of them plan on sticking around after 11×02, I’d hope that GG was pulling their legs and doesn’t plan on giving them a thing

• AmbidextrousAspie says:

It’s so annoying and contrived that in EVERY show with a male and female lead side by side that they MUST get together. Really? Boring, unimaginative writing.

• dmac says:

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. Everything we have heard thus far is for the TIVA shippers and it is time to put it to bed. I am tired of them hijacking these boards and the storyline. Enough already…

• NoChance says:

Guessing that it depends on his take on Tiva Shippers. If he’s talking about the folks that just enjoy the banter then they’ll probably be OK. If he’s talking about the ones that want them married and expecting a baby and her prompt return then I think they’re going to be vastly disappointed.

• Blazing says:

The rest of us will just have to swallow our bile, I guess, since the TIVA shippers, not the Ziva ones are getting the send off.

• ArcticT says:

Hear hear!!! Enough with the Tiva! Its awkward and old. I can see Tony and Ziva as friends but not romantic. Hope the first 2 eps are not too painful to watch but looking forward to the season beyond ep 2….as long as there is not mopey Tony. Some of us do watch for other reasons, we just don’t whine as much on social media.

• suzi says:

Love Tiva or hate Ziva, it’s all opinion. Someone sees awkward and old, someone else sees a special warmth and affection. No one is right or wrong, Fans of the relationship have been promised a good ending, those who hate the situation can smile as she leaves. Enough with the pointless and petty arguing. True fans will continue to watch, even those who see a romantic love between the characters. Life goes on.

7. Valerie says:

Aiden is moving more front and center on Revenge? Ugh. His prominence in S2 was a big part of why the show started to slide downhill, IMO. That kind of kills my anticipation for S3.

• A says:

Agreed, I really don’t like him that much. To be honest, I want them to abandon Emily’s love life for a long time and focus back more on her revengenda. If the romance has to do with her revenge such as her marrying Daniel, then that’s okay. Aside from that, I could care less about her love story with Jack and Aiden. it’s time for the show to return to the awesomeness that was its first season.

• JB says:

TOTALLY AGREE 100%

• Curly says:

I so agree with you- I had high hopes Aidan might bite the dust at the end of last season or beginning of this one. His presence made the storyline so clunky – why can’t the writers & show runners see that too?

• C. says:

I agree, the prospect of another 22 eps of Aiden doesn’t sound good at all. Sloane is a good actor but the entire S of him I never feltany interest at all in his SL. It felt too clunky and got way too much screen time. Wish we could skip Emily’s love life and get back to Revenge!

• Josh says:

He’s about as exciting as watching paint dry…black paint…with no personality…and a boring personality…that has no chemistry with anything surrounding it.

• Elly says:

I love this entire chain of Aiden haters- Barry sloane’s a good actor but his character is bleh. I still think Emily should have fallen for Daniel. Their chemistry is just too strong. But we know she’ll end up with Jack.

• Valerie says:

I meant no diss to Barry Sloan. He’s a fine actor, and its not his fault that Aiden doesn’t work as a character.

• Hmmmm says:

Glad to see so many agree! This spoiler is exactly opposite of what I had hoped for. I thought he was one of the unnecessary season two items being put to rest for season three.

• iMember says:

Based on o,ther spoilers his character will be working a lot with Victoria, so I’m definitely I nthe rested to see where they take him this season. Plus, I like the rivalry he has with Daniel.

• deme says:

The spoilers for Aiden really got me anticipating his storyline arc. I love that Daniel rivalry as well and await the day when Aiden can gloat on Daniel being duped by him and Emily.

• Bella says:

I have to disagree I am thrilled he will be front and centre, I thought he wasn’t going to be on the show anymore, this news has made my day :)

• Tanya says:

I definitely agree. Aiden has been an excellent addition to the cast.

Shame to see so many people criticizing the character.

• Mimi says:

I’m happy too. Barry Sloane is a very good actor and his part, the way it was written in S2 was very confining.It’s up to the writers to give him more to work with, I am sure he can – let’s just wait and see. Good job Sunil Nayar.

• Ana Morais says:

I’m also happy that Aidan is on the show this season! I LOVE his character and the dynamic he brought to the show! And I love that he has Emily’s back!!! Glad he is gonna be back full season!!!! =)

• Ally Oop says:

I thought so too until the final two episodes of the season. Revenge was really starting to slide this past season and then boom, it all paid off in the finale. IMO it was the best finale of any of the shows I watched this past spring. To think that with the lacklustre second season I almost didn’t watch the finale. And I really grew to like Aiden in the end. HOWEVER, that being said, with the addition of Justin Hartley and the departures of Ashley and Fauxmanda, what the show really needs is another female character who can compete with Emily. After all, we’ll have Aiden, Patrick, Jack and Daniel–that’s a bit too much for one girl, not? Maybe they can bring in Aiden’s sister or maybe a face from Nolan’s past–perhaps the Falcon can return?

• deme says:

There is another female coming and she is described as sexy, ballsy and very confident. A French associate of Daniel’s who will cause problems for Emily. Word is she’s not a love interest for Daniel but someone else. I’m guessing the someone is Aiden. Which will bring out the green-eyed monster in Emily.

8. I’m still bummed about Ziva leaving, but excited to see how they handle it, especially the stuff with Tony (but also all the other relationships she has with the other members of the team). I’ve been watching NCIS since the planted JAG pilot, and will continue watching until the series finale (and afterwards- reruns). It’s always sad to lose a cast member though, especially for a show that has such ensemble chemistry.

9. Nancy says:

LOVE CHICAGO FIRE and JESSE SPENCER!!

• CF Fan says:

Chicago Fire had me on the edge of my seat every week and Hallie’s death was the most heartbreaking events of the season. Jesse Spencer is such an amazing actor and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Casey in season two.

• lilys87 says:

So much that I quit watching after that. I loved her character a lot, and it was interesting to have someone outside the fire business to extend the storylines, potentially.
        To bad.

• Bella says:

Totally agree, can’t wait till next season. Love Jesse :)

• cas says:

Agreed!! I really like Dawson and him though so I hope we get to see more of them :)

• kim says:

I really enjoy Chicago Fire and Jesse Spencer is an excellent actor. I hope Dawson and Casey end up together, but not too soon. They should drag it out like Mulder and Scully in the X-Files!

10. Bruce_F says:

Lauren probably won’t be back. Grey’s viewers need to think of Lauren (Hilarie Burton) as a grenade. They brought her on so they could toss her in there to blow sh*t up. You can’t reuse a grenade.

11. Tav says:

‘“We don’t have any plans for her to return at this time,” series creator Shonda Rhimes tells me.’
    Nooooo, her presence was like the only vaguely intriguing thing about the season opening (of course Meredith and baby will be alright etc etc). Super bummed about this :[

And I’m sick and tired of the Will/Alicia/Peter situation, which is strange because I ship anyone and everyone, but the Kings have made that situation so obnoxious I don’t ever want to hear about their romantic lives again.
    Here’s a novel idea, how about the writers focus on the lapsed friendship between Alicia and Kalinda??

• Will says:

THIS! After Kalinda’s awful husband Nick storyline, she had very little screen time the rest of the season -___-

12. Jodie O says:

I still think that Kenya is hidden away somewhere. Leaving Mia Kirschners name off the list is just Defiance’s way of keeping her story super secret. Wouldn’t be surprised if she comes to work hidden inside a case of Scotch destined for Amanda Rosewaters desk.

13. wrstlgirl says:

You lost me at Charlie Hunnam’s naked arse :-)

14. Robin says:

Love that Rookie Blue was renewed for another year! Maybe some good Andy/ Nick scoop to celebrate?? Please:)

15. Toni says:

I love Michael telling us he knows nothing (a la Jon Snow) about Eric’s fate on True Blood, made me laugh.

16. JB says:

Am I the only person that doesn’t like the Aiden character? I don’t understand what’s going on with Revenge. Part of why season 1 worked was the tug between Jack and Daniel. Now we know she is just using Daniel and it’s a tug between Aiden and Jack. OMG, I am over this craziness.

• ENAD says:

I don’t either and I wantred Mr. Sleepeyed Mummbles gone. But for some inexplicable reason, they are determined to keep him. The writers had a great opportunity to up the antagonism between Daniel and Jack, but enter “Bland and obsessed-with-Emily” Aiden, who I really really don’t care about and now he’s back and now I’m not as enthusiastic about the show as I once was.

17. AngelMoon Girl says:

SO excited for Bones and Once Upon a Time! Sort of for NCIS too, especially Tiva, but it makes me so upset knowing Ziva will soon be gone that I’m not sure I will watch once she departs. She’s my favorite.

18. Bella says:

Ziva isn’t dying. They’re going to marry her and DiNozzo off and because they can’t work together, she’ll be on another team and we’ll just hear about her but never see her. And we did see Tim Allen’s neighbor on Home Improvement – Wilson – we just didn’t see his whole face.

• JA says:

I find it highly unlikely that they’ll get married…seems really unrealistic. My guess is that they’ll get together for one night and declare their love for each other, but decide that it’s “not the right time” for them because Ziva has to go do something…find herself, solve some mystery, whatever…but that she’ll be back someday. That they’re each other’s forever, but just not right now. I kinda hate those sort of endings to a ‘ship, but I’ve noticed that this is the sort of storyline that writers and producers tend to call a “love letter to the fans.”

• Kwapple says:

• Lisa G says:

I can see a marriage proffered and declined when Ziva returns to Israel to help fill a leadership void. Somewhere down the road a mini-DiNozzo will appear. Either mom is MIA or dead and Tony grows up all the way.

19. CJS says:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Gary Glasberg will just let every “Tiva” shipper down again once & for all with these 2 send-off episodes?
    (Although since I couldn’t care less about “Tiva,” I actually want the send-off to suck just to see all of the shipper’s reactions.)

20. Malachi says:

Blind item guessing… show getting a ton of “proverbial ink” is “Castle” (because the “a” in the show’s logo is a fountain pen). And the dead recurring character that no one will mind so much … I guess ought to be Senator Bracken. This would wrap up the (by now somewhat tired) Beckett’s murdered mother plot.

• Malachi says:

Just noticed that Ausiello calls this a “killer blind item.” A hint that the dead recurring character will be Bracken, a murderer? Just a thought.

• Kate says:

Interesting, but I think you’re reading too much into the “proverbial ink” comment; I believe Ausiello just meant that since his column is online, everything he writes is in proverbial ink. I think his blind probably refers to a more major character on some show, though I don’t have any guesses.

• Malachi says:

Of course I am reading into the “proverbial ink” comment, because that is how Ausiello drops hints, language choices in blind items have historically proven significant. But like I said, it’s only a guess. Isn’t that part of the fun?

• Just one thing says:

I feel like Castle fans assume every TVLine blind item refers to Castle. LOL Sometimes a pun is just a pun, eh?

• Smiletime says:

LOL!! Only when it’s a good blind. Don’t forget there was no way last year’s blind about a couple breaking up was Castle as Marlowe wouldn’t do that etc etc. Then when it was changed to a possible engagement suddenly it was definitely Castle!!! It gave me a lot of amusement at the time.
        If it is Pelant from Bones then it can hardly be seen as juicy as it’s a foregone conclusion given another site has confirmed when the wedding takes place.

• S. says:

Keep telling yourself that. The blind item from last year was Bones. Not sure why fans of that show are in denial. Castle didn’t fit all the clues, and Marlowe has made it clear that this is about how relationships really progress, with bumps in the road. He doesn’t believe in breaking up your lead couple to create manufactured drama. Bones is farther along in its run and is likely to end sooner rather than later, they also absolutely do put forced roadblocks to Booth/Brennan happiness and have strung that out well past the sell by date. It matched the blind and fit how they’ve been handling the show the last few years. Calm down, they didn’t end up ruining things. Clearly the fear of fan backlash for going too far and testing everyone’s patience yet again caused a course correction. You’ll get your wedding. Crisis averted.

• Kwapple says:

The use of Hell hath no fury (Name of a Castle episode) was a big clue…just as Always was when cannon Caskett was the blind item. Hate to say it, but Castle was the blind item, and for whatever reason, Marlowe changed his mind. And frankly, a break-up would have been merciful compared to the miserable proposal Castle got.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

We will probably never learn who the blind item was, will we?

• Malachi says:

I can think of at least two blind items that DID turn out to be Castle. It’s not a stretch to think there might be a third. And Ausiello’s puns are usually hints of some kind. But I am certainly not married to my guess — just throwing it out there as a possibility. That’s the fun part, isn’t it?

• A says:

I don’t think it’s Castle since the show doesn’t get much mention in Ask Ausiello posts compared to other other shows like Bones, Grey’s Anatomy, Glee, etc. that are featured almost weekly in AA. I’ve noticed Castle spoilers featured more on Matt’s Inside Line. Also, I wouldn’t even consider Bracken recurring since he’s been in like two episodes only. I can’t seem to come up with any guesses, but I think it would be a waste of a blind item if it turned out to be Bracken.

• Malachi says:

You make a good point. If we think the show in the blind is “Castle,” then Bracken just kind of jumps out as a character no one will miss. (Though Jack Coleman is awesome.) Does he count as “recurring”? That is a fair issue, but since he has played the same role in two different episodes, he technically fits.
        (The following is an extremely implausible reading. Fair warning.) The blind also talks about a recurring *character,* not necessarily actor. Senator Bracken (as opposed to Jack Coleman) has been a recurring part of Beckett mythology since season one, even if he was only a mysterious, nameless, off-screen Big Bad at that point. I freely admit how much of a stretch this is.

• lilys87 says:

Castle looks like a good guess, but I don’t know about Bracken… doesn’t seem big enough of a character for me. And killing of the Captain would be slightly repetitive, every other deaths would be cried too much in general… so I don’t know !

• Lisa Scrak says:

I agree it could be him or “the Blind” is Red John on the Mentalist. I hope Lisbon pulls the trigger so Jane doesn’t have to, as it would be his undoiing if he did it. Only way I see it not affecting Jane is if he does it to protect one of the team as he got his catharsys when he killed Bradley Whitford’s RJ a couple of seasons ago.

21. So EXCITED FOR BONES!!B&B GETTING MARRIED *____* <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

22. madbengalsfan85 says:

We know from other sources when B&B get married…also, I think the Blind Item may be Bones as well based on the timing of the wedding. Pelant may not live to see Friday nights…and I’m okay with that arrangement (and I suspect most fans would be as well).

• leigh says:

I Don’t watch Bones and this was my first thought. I love Castle and it didn’t cross my mind.

• Sky Lark says:

I’m thinking that when Booth tells Brennan of the blackmail, Brennan calls him on it and says, Put up or shut up” so to speak. In other words, let’s get married today……thus, it not happening as we expect it. The big family pow wow could be when they tell the families they are already married. As long as I can see the wedding, I don’t care if they make a big deal of it. Just do it!!!

• Kwapple says:

(Posted in right spot) Brennan is going to be spontaneous and throw together a wedding in a ridiculously short period of time (with Angela’s help)…I just can’t see B/B (or Hart) going the courthouse route

• Sarah says:

@madbengalsfan85

I agree. To me, the Blind Item has Bones written all over it (and thank God!). JMO, though.

23. Just one thing says:

I don’t watch Greys, but I saw some clips of Hilarie Burton’s character with Jessica Capshaw and Sara Ramirez’s characters, and I have to say that I liked the dynamic between all of them. There was true chemistry, even if the drama seemed to unnerve fans.
    I can’t believe they’re just writing her off during a storm, though. Not much follow-through there, and would tick me off tremendously if I were actually invested in the show.

24. Douglas Hillyer says:

I think ziva wants to explore other options, she’s young and doesn’t want to be typed-cast.

25. Pati says:

I’m getting worried about True Blood, I hope Eric is not the one that’s dying. He is such a big part of the show but there are so many rumors. Plus I saw an interview with kristin bauer van straten and she choked up when she was talking about Eric dying. I would not be happy if he left the show

26. Alisa Neely says:

please, don’t let there be ANY sex and a letting after ward happen…..i’m sooooooooooo sick of this DAMN “TIVA” crap……why oh why, can’t she just decide that she is NOT returning to NCIS when the others decide to?…..i’d rather NOT have to see her at all…..tony doesn’t need a “dear tony” letter……she does NOT love him….HELL, she doesn’t know the meaning of the word or emotion.

• Gaara says:

LOL. Oh the irony, the Antis Ziva/Tiva whined for years wishing for Ziva to be written off.. And now it seems they will use Ziva’s goodbye to fast forwand Tiva in a way tptb wouldn’t have dared to do otherwise, not before the series finale anyway. Like they say, be careful what you wish for..

• Kate says:

More like fast-forward Tiva right out the door, Gaara. After Cote quit I cannot see the show shackling one of their sexy, single guys to someone who’s no longer there. You keep wishing but onwards and upwards I always say. :)

27. Amber M says:

Just let Ziva leave to find her happy ever after elsewhere. I will continue watching as long as they don’t kill off yet another female character. If they do go the route of killing her then I guess I will be watching SHIELD live instead of recording it to watch later.

28. DM says:

Yaaay….so happy to read Aiden is front and center. He is such a complex character and so great with Emily. Emily needs an ally like him, and not a wuss like Jack who just makes me yawn. Excited for S3 now! Also, if she just focused on her revenge, like someone commented, and the story line had nothing else, we would see the end of the show coz she’s going to run out of people to hurt!!

• deme says:

Exactly. Do people not see how much story was burned re:Emily & the Graysons in S1. She and Daniel were over and it made no sense to revisit them in S2 but they had too in order to put Emily back in the line of fire, Victoria. S2 was one big boring stall because the entire premise of the show is limited. Aiden was the only interesting aspect of season 2. If they don’t introduce new characters this show would end quickly.

29. cjeffery7 says:

as a female, with sisters, i am a little bitter about Kenya Rosewater. I mean, what a WASTE of good sisterly story lines (and drama, as annoying as squabbles over Nolan could have been). someone like Joss Whedon might write bad ass realistic women, but i’m waiting for bad ass realistic sisterly bonds to shoot out of the tv into my eyeballs.

30. John says:

“Kenya is dead on Defiance?”

Boo to that! I liked that character for Nolan.

31. Ashly says:

Kind of bummed that Jackson’s gonna give April a cold shoulder, but not surprised. Hope these two make it because honestly they’re one of the few couples on Grey’s that can bring the heat! Great chemistry between those two.

32. What the heck. His name was Wilson Wilson! He was a cast member!! #homeimprovement

33. Babygate says:

I had high expectations for Defiance and was greatly disappointed. Honestly, I just kept watching because of Mia. If Kenya is really dead, I won’t be tuning in for S2 and that’s fine by me.
    So relieved that we won’t be seeing Lauren the Predator back on Greys any time soon.

34. Khaira says:

First of all, thank you so much for answering my question Ausiello!! Though i’m sad to hear about this news. I was looking forward to see the aftermath of arizona/callie/lauren storyline. Burton’s character was so refreshing, i hope she’ll come back at some point.

35. Chris says:

I thought I would be happier to know Lauren is not coming back to Grey’s but I am kind of annoyed now . She made things quiet interesting ,well at least for me she did. Oh well….

36. D says:

It’s obvious the Revenge creative team are desperate for story. They need 24 episodes worth of material so that means fleshing out Aiden’s character. I don’t care about Aiden’s backstory. Never liked this character. I tune in for Emily vs Graysons. What a bust Revenge is turning out to be.

• Jay says:

I disagree. I happen to like Aiden, and I think his story will do the series good. Besides, if Emily is going to destroy the Graysons, she’ll need more help than Nolan can give without his own company anymore!

37. B says:

Well, sadly – we know there will be a death on “Glee.” RIP CM

• Olivia says:

Finn’s death is so obvious and widely talked about by now that I can’t help but think that RIB could very well make Finn die in a context where he’s not alone (an accident or something). In others words: Finn wouldn’t be the only one to bite the dust. Could be another show of course, but I’m not ruling anything out when it comes to Glee.

38. Jessica says:

Am I the only one that would like to see Callie beat the absolute crap out of Dr. Marriage-Wrecker? Obviously she can’t beat up her wife but she could take all the built up anger & resentment towards Arizona out on her hook-up. I think Callie could bring the hurt in a major way.

• raiza says:

Full fledged scorned Callie raging at everyone…heaven! But I think Sofia will be her way of hurting Arizona the most. :0(

39. Tania says:

Could the character in the blind item be Heather Brooks, aka ‘Mousey’, the intern on Grey’s played by Tina Majorino? She’s not coming back because she got another show.

40. wordsmith says:

I’m guessing the smudged note for Arrow actually said “pilates” – how else did Oliver end up with those abs?

41. Garnet074 says:

I love seeing Arrow scoops but I’m dying for some info on Felicity Smoak (played by Emily Bett Rickards). The execs & writers have said we’ll be finding out her backstory which I totally can’t wait to learn more about, but I’m also curious about her place at Queen Consolidated now that it seems like the corporation’s future is in doubt AND Oliver Queen seems to be returning to save it from being taken over.

42. John says:

Bill Murray would be perfect casting on Parks and Rec! Please let his happen!

43. M3rc Nate says:

Oh ya, “professionalism” is the first thing that comes to my mind when i think about “Chicago Fire” ‘s firehouse. lol!

44. Truefan says:

I don’t want Eric dying. Get rid of Sookie or Alcide, or Sam first.

45. Onceuponafan says:

Hmm OUAT should be interesting. Personally I loved Lost and I love the vibe the Lost writers bring to it and please focus on someone other then Regina and Rumple, I like their characters but I started to sick of episode after episode after episode being about these characters. Lets have a love interest for Emma that is a ‘hero’ ‘Prince Charming’ type that we can cheer for or just let her be single.

46. One of Gary's Repeatedly Ignored Millions says:

With this comment, Gary Glasberg shows yet again how little he understands his audience. Firstly – Cote is leaving and Ziva is being written out. While it’s certainly true that all Tiva fans are predominantly Ziva fans (no Tony fan would want him with Ziva), it isn’t true that all ZIVA fans are Tiva fans. In making Ziva’s exit all about Tiva, Gary is selling short all those fans of the character who are not fans of Tiva.

Secondly, the Tiva fans have been making a massive fuss since the news of Cote leaving broke. While some have behaved well, the nasty element of the fandom are sending vile tweets to people on the show, spreading lies about Cote’s contract negotiations and reasons for leaving, and hating on everyone who doesn’t support their quest to get Cote back on the show, at any cost. These are the fans Gary apparently wants to pander to. The other loyal fans of the show have always taken a back seat to this noisy minority for Gary, and it’s galling that he keeps wanting to pander to them, even now, after he’s seen the true colors of that section of the fanbase.

Three, a lot of the Tiva fans will leave when ZIva does. Why on earth, then, is Gary writing a storyline for them? How about a storyline for the rest of us, whereby her departure can be dealt with as part of an organic storytelling process, and not manufactured to appeal to a section of the audience who have made no bones about the fact they will be gone after the first two episode?

And finally, Gary has never paid any attention to the huge numbers of fans who are sick to death of Tiva and had no interest in it in the first place, so I suppose there’s no reason to expect him to pay any attention to us now. But if he has Tony declare undying love for Ziva in her final episode, or if he stifles Tony’s future development by tying him to her emotionally, or by marrying her, or by putting them in a relationship that will take place offscreen after her departure, then he’ll ruin Tony and make the show unwatchable for those like me who dislike Tiva and how it’s dominated the show for so long. I’m a Tony fan and I want to watch him develop outside of his abusive and dysfunctional relationship with Ziva. I don’t see them as a hearts and flowers happy couple, and I want Tony to be free of this stifling and boring faux romance. There is SO much more to him than Ziva and Tiva – there always was for years and years, until Gary took over and decided Ziva and Tiva were the only game in town for him. Tony isn’t just about his love life – his friendships with the team, especially with Gibbs and Abby, and his professional development, are far more interesting.

If Gary is wise, instead of thinking up ‘love letters’ to the Tiva fandom who are busy sending hate mail to the cast and tweeting loudly to the producers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D that they should hire Cote to be on their show in order to trounce NCIS in the ratings, he should start thinking about how he can make it up to the rest of us. He should consider what love letters he can compose for US going forward, because he’s ignored us for years in favor of his obsession with both Tiva and Ziva. Well, now we’re all you’re left with, Gary. How about you start thinking about how to please us for a change?

• Alisa Neely says:

WOW…..very well said, and soooooooooooo VERY TRUE…..this “tony fan”…..is SICK of tony’s life being connected to ziva…..and as a fan of the SHOW AS A WHOLE: i’m sick of the other characters being BENCHED to show case a pairing that STINKS and such.

• TeamGibbsFan says:

I couldn’t agree with you more that Tony’s professional development and relationships (especially the ones which have been much ignored in recent years with Gibbs & Abby) and dedication to the team and his job is much more interesting than this dead in the water romance. I’m fine with a heartfelt saying goodbye as long-time partners and friends, but anything more at this stage seems redundant and would only stall any further potential character growth for Tony.
      And, yes, it’s disappointing to see these fans being catered to after they’ve behaved so badly. Spreading lies to fans on Facebook and working against the show to try and get a drop in ratings in the hope of CBS begging for Cote to return is despicable.
      Surprisingly, to me at least, it seems to be those who I’d understand/expect that behavior to come from, the younger fans, who seem to be the ones handling it the best. It’s the older fans in their 30’s, 40’s and 50’s who are behaving this way and sending nasty tweets and spewing hate. *shakes head*
      Here’s to hoping it’s not as bad as it sounds and there’s many heartfelt and fun TEAM episodes to follow for the rest of the season.

• ArcticT says:

Love this!

47. sophia7470 says:

Ooh yay for scoop on Japril in Greys! I ship those two so hard. I predicted that Jackson would push her away in the premiere, so I’m ok with that, so long as they wrack up the sexual tension in the following episodes :)

Re Bones, I’m a little worried that the wedding will be whacky and weird (like Christine’s birth in the manger, which I hated) but will withhold judgement until it happens. Hope it’s really lovely and romantic for B&B :)

48. cas says:

I am so excited Justin Hartley is on Revenge this season. I had no idea he was cast as Victoria’s long lost son. Yay!!

49. cas says:

I like how people are freaking out about Aiden being a series regular. I doubt he will take much time away from the revenge game. His character wasn’t that bad, and he did serve a purpose sometimes, mostly helping Emily. It would be almost impossible for her to do this all herself. Besides the writers probably want to make us like him this season, and then kill him off at the end. Just because he is series regular now, doesn’t mean he will survive the season. You have to add new people in the mix so you have people to kill off.

50. Lyn says:

I love that Aiden is going to have an important role this season. Barry Sloane is an amazing actor. I’ve seen him in other roles and he’s definitely capable of doing more than what was asked of him last season. Just give him a chance.