Fall TV Preview

The Mentalist Exclusive: Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman to Exit in Season 6

Amanda Righetti Owain Yeoman Leaving The MentalistIt appears the fallout from The Mentalist‘s looming Red John reveal is extending to the show’s call sheet.

TVLine has learned exclusively that original castmembers Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman will be leaving the CBS procedural toward the end of Season 6 (premiering Sept. 29 at 10/9c).

The departures of colleagues and sometime-lovers Van Pelt and Rigsby will likely tie into this fall’s unmasking of Red John, a six-year-old mystery whose resolution is poised to set the show on a new course.

RELATED | The Mentalist Scoop: Jane and Lisbon’s Relationship to Reach a Turning Point in Season 6

In a statement to TVLine, series creator Bruno Heller would “neither confirm or deny” our story, but acknowledged that The Mentalist is heading into its “most dramatic and game changing season and anything can happen.”

As teased in last week’s Ask Ausiello, one two new series regulars — one male and one female — will be introduced in early ’14, presumably to fill the eventual void left by Righetti and Yeoman.

Comments (186)

• Well I have no reason to watch anymore… Sad to see them go.

Comment by Lee – August 6, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I’m not very happy about this. :(

Comment by Lore – August 6, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me either, they brought something different to the show, for me it wasn’t all just about Patrick Jane & Lisbon.

Comment by Bella – August 6, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am NOT a happy camper either to hear of this! Why are they leaving?? Does anyone know?

Comment by Beatrice – August 19, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Everyone in my family thinks VAN PELT is actually Red John. So, maybe thats why she is leaving. Guess we will see soonl.

Comment by Dave Lawrence – October 25, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. Only reason I watch is for Rigsby & Van Pelt.

Comment by Rebecca – August 7, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I too love the story line with Rigsby and Van Pelt but am so tired of the Red John story line. The sooner this mystery is over
        the better I will like it. Just please don’t let Rigsby and Van Pelt be behind the Red John murders. Let them ride off together
        as a married couple to live happy ever after.

Comment by Marjorie Gardiner – August 10, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I couldn’t agree more – the Red John storyline is getting so old and stale that it gets hards to watch the show anymore.

Comment by CAH – August 13, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i so disagree. The mentalist’s main character is Patrick jane, and Patrick jane’s goal is to catch red john…..the closer he is the more exiting this is almost the show’s point.

Comment by Rayan Kahil – August 21, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • the show is such an amalgamation of The Fugitive “one armed man”, Columbo’s foreign car and Monks quirky way of seeing what no one else does.The Fugitive producers were able to write and produce stand-alone episodes while keeping Dr. Kimball on his quest to the end. Columbo was always talking about his wife who you never saw. THIS show as been RUINED! They tried to make CHO act normal and funny but his deadpan personality and poker face were such entertainment in themselves. The thought of Van Pelt and Rigsby leaving would be a show killer. The original cast are TOO valuable playing off each other. THIS is not a show Patrick Jane can sustain alone..IT should have been called “THE RED JOHN SHOW” after a few seasons. It has degenerated into a sick non-stop “Criminal Minds” wanna be.

Comment by mark – November 17, 2013 02:19 PM PDT
        • your so right, Marjorie, my sentiments, also.

Comment by judysonny42 – August 24, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I LOVE THE SHOW AND ALL OF THE TEAM, PERIOD DOT. WHY NOT LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE? I am entertained with the storylines and the relationships each character has with each other;……..so, why screw with it? Let sleeping dogs lie, why doncha?????????

Comment by Beatrice – October 6, 2013 10:10 PM PDT
        • I got so tired of the Red John storyline that I gave up on this show at the end of season three. I come back maybe two or three times a year to see where things are. They’re still working on RJ so I change the channel again. If VanPelt and Rigsby are departing the show, I’ll scratch it off my list entirely. No real reason to watch or waste my time with it.

Comment by BJ – October 19, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree enjoyed old main characters: cho van velp rigsby etc

Comment by maria – December 15, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH! not happy about this.

Comment by Elyse – August 6, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t they just get these two back together this past season? Lame.

Comment by Alichat – August 6, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, they did and this is so annoying! i also watch the mentalist for them. they bring some other stuff and light to show and is very sad to see them go.

Comment by Laura – August 24, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooo

Comment by Lola – August 6, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a happy fan. Not at all. Well, I don’t care about Amanda, because I really hate Van Pelt but Rigsby was awesome. Heller, at least I expect you to NOT kill him or… *fangirl rage*

Comment by Andy – August 6, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, stuff your *fangirl rage*!

Comment by Bob – August 7, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting turn of events, I have to say the more I hear about this season the more excited I am… I hope the two of them leaving means Rigspelt is endgame but TM isn’t really a sail off into the sunset sort of show. I can’t wait for the season to start!!!! Bring on September!

Comment by A – August 6, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. I’d be happy with them leaving alive and together. Too many times the dramatic exit (good characer turning evil, death….) has being used. I like them, more the Van Pelt of firsts seasons, and the Cho-Rigsby bromance. Anyway, I think this show has to have an end point sonner than later, Red John plot is going on for way too long.

Comment by Roneo – August 7, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rigsby is not the one leaving Cho is!

Comment by Ron Haras – August 9, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I certainly hope to heck you are WRONG!!!!!! Chow is great on the show!

Comment by Beatrice – August 19, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, it is not Cho (Tim Kang)
        that is leaving.

Comment by Annie Iverson – September 13, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always a good show shake up! Can’t wait!

Comment by will sullivan – August 6, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. They really need to do something to shake things up and change what has become a little stagnant. Let them leave together. Please end the Red John thing and let’s move on. :)

Comment by Kim R – August 7, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Red John ends this season. Its Van pelt and Cho leaving not Rigsby!

Comment by Ron Haras – August 9, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cho is cool, Rigsby is a no-so-lovable doofus.

Comment by Alex – August 16, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Owain Yeoman plays Rigsby and Owain is the one leaving. Not Tim Kang so unless TV Line made a mistake above, Rigsby is the one leaving.

Comment by Anne – September 16, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is definitely Rigsby. Just read an interview with Bruno himself that explains.

Comment by marquai – October 5, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes Please Kill Red John already! I will miss Rigsby and Van pelt but they weren’t my reason for watching.Looking forward to awesome shows taking a New direction!

Comment by Val – August 9, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They really should just end to show with season 6 and the resolution of the Red John mystery.

Comment by ZmaX – August 6, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again, disappointed by a CBS show’s casting decision.

Luckily, there is much to watch on Netflix & cable tv, who cares anymore.

Comment by ArleneH – August 6, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CBS does NOT produce TM – Warner Bros. does. They need to cut cast for budget reasons. It happens all the time. Frankly, I’d be surprised if it is renewed for a 7th season. It was on the fence this year. The most endangered existing CBS series are TGW, Blue Bloods and H50 – all produced by CBS. History has shown that CBS will choose their own shows – syndication purposes – over outside shows. CSI is not likely to end since Ted Danson signed a two-year contract for this season and next.

Comment by Chicago Dan – August 6, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If they are cutting cast for cost reasons then why introduce another male and female to replace them? I’m sure they won’t be working for free!

Comment by Marisa – August 6, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think that new member cast on a tv show would take less per episode, while veteran cast members will of course demand more.
          But I think it depend of corse also from the actor’s popularity.

Comment by Mari – August 6, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What Mari said is the usual reason and is probably what applies here. It is the same rationality that a lot of jobs use.

Comment by DYS – August 7, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My sentiments exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment by MARIE CLAYTON (@MarieClayton62) – November 17, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • honestly I much prefer Blue Bloods, Hawaii 50 and The Good Wife over the Mentalist this past season.. I really lost interest with Mentalist halfway through season 5 and I was a big fan the other seasons… I like the 5 main castmembers… will watch but it will be lower on list

Comment by oldfan – August 19, 2013 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo! This sucks!

Comment by Lorie – August 6, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I HATE THIS CHOICE.

Comment by Connor Norton – August 6, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I’m surprised! I hope they don’t have a tragic ending. I really liked their characters.

I hope CBS treats the show better. It was always pushed back to like 11 on a Sunday or at SOME time between 10 and 11 and 12. It was once one of their highest rated shows until they moved it.

Comment by Lysh – August 6, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hadn’t watched the show for the last couple seasons but i’m definitely ready to see who red john is

Comment by meatwad – August 6, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, because that’s always a smart move…remove characters and put in replacements…

Comment by Josh – August 6, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. Look how badly it turned out on Cheers and ER.

Comment by rockgolf – August 7, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That didn’t work very well for Criminal Minds! They let one of the viewer’s favorite characters (JJ) go a few seasons ago and got a HUGE backlash. (Thank goodness they hired her back the next season!!) Another fave (Emily Prentiss) quit because of how they were treating their cast (that’s my opinion anyway) and now her replacement isn’t very popular either. Why can’t CBS just leave well enough alone?

Comment by G-Mom – August 24, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have not enjoyed how they have drawn out the Red John storyline; I am way over it and haven’t been able to enjoy the past few seasons. It’s time for the Mentalist to go.

Comment by Sandee – August 6, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can this Red John storyline FINALLY end?

Comment by BusterChap – August 6, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re leaving because…. Van Pelt = Red John.

Comment by Jim M. – August 6, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be a great twist but I can see a scenario where Red John doesn’t get killed and is either on the run or in jail, if Righetti ends up being Red John I would think the show might want the option of keeping her as a regular.

Comment by johnhelvete – August 6, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought van pelt was red John for a while. She joined the CBI at the same time Jane did.

Comment by Larry – August 6, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Larry…….Surely you are not serious!?!!!!

Comment by Beatrice – August 19, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Beatrict….I am with you. Larry MUST be joking!!

Comment by Beatrice – October 6, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice, I like the twist. It would be like Zac on Bones.

Comment by Mary Johnston – August 6, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Remind me who Zach on Bones is?

About The Mentalist-I really liked the show and I still do watch it. It’s gotten less interesting though.

And,I’m disappointed to know that Righetti and Yeoman are leaving! To me,all the characters together,their interaction makes the show! :-/

As for the P. Jane and T. Lisbon characters,it’s an added spice when attraction is hinted at,and when camaraderie exists too.
        But to me, an affair, let alone a real long term relationship between the main characters *blows the whole show*.
        Human interest,natural emotions add to the show,but it shouldn’t be a predominately element!
        Why don’t the networks get that?

Comment by Karela – August 7, 2013 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Original Intern on Bones

Comment by Brandon – August 7, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One of them is Red John and kills the other, which is why they’re both leaving. You know it has to end with a *bang* having stretched it out this long. People want a huge payoff!

Comment by Bob – August 7, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer…I liked those characters. I did not watch a lot, but that was because I felt like they did not get enough story time.

Comment by Denise – August 6, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not care who leaves, just please end this Red John storyline! So done with it!

Comment by PepperJo – August 6, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope, not happy. . .I like their characters.

Comment by Lori – August 6, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m okay with this. While I like the whole cast, these two were really the dullest of the bunch. As long as Lisbon and Cho stay, I’ll be fine.

Comment by liz – August 6, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This always happens when a good team on TV has to be either fired,or they wish to go onto other things in life.But Red John part of show is what turned me away.Carried it on too long for me

Comment by Ron Matrisch – August 6, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOOOOOO!

Comment by Sheila – August 6, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s going to be very sad to see these two on again off again lovebirds gone during Season Six but to use my inner Patrick Jane I hope, looks like The Mentalist is going to last seven seasons (fingers crossed).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 6, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m okay with them leaving, if it means the characters have decided to quit the CBI so they can be together. If it were Cho leaving, then I would be upset.

Comment by zaza – August 6, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gave up on that show last season

Comment by Leah – August 6, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, horrible news. Sad :(

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – August 6, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Urgh. Ok. :( I don’t really like the sound of that. I’m almost sure that this is going to be TM’s last season (it seemed like it came within a hair of being cancelled last season) and I was hoping Rigsby and Van Pelt would get their happy ending, since they’re finally back together again. But maybe they’re just leaving so they can be together without breaking the rules and not because they end up being Red John victims? I’m hoping anyway. I don’t buy Van Pelt being Red John though, not least because we were pretty specifically told that Red John WOULD end up being one of the names on the list – that it wasn’t a fakeout. She could still be one of Red John’s minions, I suppose, but after what happened with her fiancé I would have a hard time buying it. And I always hate it when long-running main characters suddenly turn out all evil, with no previous hints. It always feels like the writers distorting a character just for the shock value.

Comment by JC – August 6, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice synopsis, JC. IMO, there is no way Van:Pelt is Red John! I love the show and hope the team stays together. At the moment, I am more concerned with Ziva leaving NCIS. Heck, I had not heard of her until NCIS. Wonder why some actors are so happy to get a part on successful shows and then, Zowie, they want to move on. Quite Frankly, i miss Vegas which, to me, was a very difference and interesting show and , Poof, it was gone. I guess what I am saying or not saying is that I hate to see changes like this where teams we get use to leave the series for their own personal reasons. IMO, I am referring to the good shows like these we are talking about. I do not watch the ones that I feel are unrealistic (I come from a Law Enforcement background in a major city) and look for realism. BTW, I love Cho;s demeanor and the romance betweeh Van Pelt &.
      Rigsby. WHY CAN’T THEY JUST LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE. IF IT IS NOT BROKEN, DON’T FIX IT!

Comment by Beatrice – August 19, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is only okay if they ride off into the sunset together.

Comment by Alia – August 6, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Losing both of them SUCKS!!!

Comment by Beatrice – October 6, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next season is the last season anyway

Comment by kraw hitham (@_krawhitham) – August 6, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. They were lucky to get THIS season. They were on the chopping block in a big way. This is a last ditch effort to replace two long term, ie expensive, regulars with two much cheaper newcomers.

It won’t help. This show will not be renewed next season, unless every single one of CBS’s new shows craters.

Comment by Patrick – August 7, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, just reread the article, and something isn’t making sense to me about the timing. It says that Van Pelt and Rigsby will be leaving toward the end of S6. Which I’m assuming will be in April or May ’14? But then it says that the two new series regulars will be introduced in early ’14. Meaning…. before Rigsby and Van Pelt leave? Or am I missing something here?

Comment by JC – August 6, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only reason that it is confusing is because you for some reason assume that the new regulars can’t be on unless the others are gone, Having all four on together would help make the transition easier…in theory. Of course I could be wrong.

Comment by DYS – August 7, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well I assumed that because the article talked about the new characters “filling the void” left by Rigsby and Van Pelt. But it does say “the eventual void” now that I reread it.

Comment by JC – August 7, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! While I would be sad to see Owain and Amanda go this would be the first time The Mentalist has had any turn over of its series regulars. That is a pretty good record. I guess it was time to shake things up. I have faith in Bruno that when even horrible news comes out in the end something good always emerges. I still want my season 6 and season 7.

Comment by J – August 6, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF is going on with CBS shows?

I’d be surprised to see The Mentalist go on many more seasons anyway, so it would just make sense to end it at 6.

Comment by nas – August 6, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad rigsby and van-pelt are leaving but glad red john will end. To long for me too.waiting to see new direction for team.I want to see Amanda in something new.

Comment by Douglas Hillyer – August 6, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • look it will suck to see them go but u don’t watch the mentalist for these 2. U watch it for patick jane and lisbon. I u watch a show for its bit players thats weird.

Comment by stephen – August 6, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are hardly bit players. It’s an ensemble cast. Sure, Lisbon and Jane often get more of the focus, but Rigsby, Cho and Van Pelt have all had solo stories throughout the series. It’s going to be a very different show without the entire team we’ve come to love.

Comment by tripoli – August 7, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. They’ve all had individual focus several times over the course of 5+ seasons, and what best works for me about the show is the ensemble format. They’ve all (seemingly) invested in Jane’s quest for justice, and have gone above and beyond, each of them, to catch his family’s murderer. In that respect, I hope Rigsby and Van Pelt (assuming neither are RJ) are around long enough to see the RJ mystery solved and know justice has been served.

Comment by Stacey – November 15, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Rigsby and van pelt will be missed. So long mentalist!

Comment by Lucille Budnick – January 5, 2014 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve got the feeling Van Pelt and Rigsby will be murdered by someone who will be the central quarry for the following season(s)’ new arc.

Comment by nickmaniac – August 6, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s as good a dramatic starting place as any for a new story arc. In fact, if this happens *after* RJ is revealed and defeated, and neither of them is RJ, then how interesting it would be to see Lisbon take on something of the Jane persona in her quest to find Van Pelt and Rigsby’s killer. Neat.

I actually would rather they get some sort of happy ending, like others have said, let them leave the CBI so they can be together openly. Having captured or stopped Red John, having served in the CBI for so long, maybe both would be more willing to let this career path go for the sake of being together, unlike their initial go-around.

Comment by Stacey – November 15, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Cho is around I’m okay. Rigsby wasn’t really one of my favorite characters so it’s fine.

Hoping that they don’t kill them off though.

Comment by Tim – August 6, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The romantic in me (even tho just a show) stopped watching a few episodes after they broke up. Was thinking of watching again, but thanks to ass Bruno he made my decision for me. Just sick & tired of these idiots making up viewers mind of what & who we want to see.
    Thank you for making up my mind Heller.

Comment by Lina – August 6, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does the reveal of Red John have to do with Rigsby and Van Pelt’s characters? Unless one of them is working with RJ I cannot fathom a reason to have both of them leave this show. The chemistry they have w/each other and the other members of the team are perfect and once again “the people that be” screw up something that does not need to be touched, fixed, changed or whatever excuse you are using to do this. STOP messing with our shows and leave things as is. You are finally revealing who RJ is (which btw most of us don’t care anymore b/c you let it go for way too long so the reveal better be damn GOOD) but in order to do this you fire two great actors. WTF is wrong with you? STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! This is like Criminal Minds all over again. Dumb decision!!!!

Comment by BostonGreekGirl – August 6, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO! I love Rigsby and Van Pelt and the current team has great chemistry! Why do idiot showrunners want to fix things that are NOT broken!

Comment by Marisa – August 6, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RIGHT ON, MY SISTAH!!!!!!!!!!! Leave them alone. Marisa is right. The chemistry is GREAT!

Comment by Beatrice – August 19, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you Marisa!

Comment by Beatrice – October 6, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Owain Yeoman is a terrible actor. Half the time he can’t even cover up his accent. Not sorry at all to see him go.

Comment by Chad – August 6, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Ed – August 7, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shame on you, Chad. I don’t wear a hearing aid and have not ever detected an accent from him.
      He has been a part of the Mentalist family for a long time now and I surely would hate to see him leave. I love the way Cho can read him with a straight face! They all make a great team!

Comment by Beatrice – October 6, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because they usually don’t have to pay newbies as much as long time cast members. It also depends on how much they appear.

Comment by Emily – August 6, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like others I quit watching because I no longer cared about the Red John story, plus seeing Cho be wasted on that hooker was cringe-worthy. He deserved a better love interest. The final straw was ruining the Van Pelt/Rigsby dynamic. Finally solving the RJ mystery won’t draw me back in, nevermind I don’t care much for Lisbon–who IMO doesn’t have much chemistry with Jane.

Comment by bea – August 6, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chos hooker girlfriend was hot. Wish I didnt read this, I hate knowing whats going to happen. Who is Van Pelts dad? This is the final season right?

Comment by rempod – August 7, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Achieve..I don’t like this program that writes for me..

That was supposed to be ‘human interest and natural emotions add to the show,but it shouldn’t be the predominant* element!

Comment by Karela – August 7, 2013 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is ridiculous!

Comment by CBWBDK1 – August 7, 2013 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! I suspected Amanda might be going because of the way her husband was behaving on Twitter, but not Owain! Too bad. I liked those two. I do hope they’ll go off together unharmed as several here are hoping for. But I AM looking forward to season six and as many seasons as CBS and Warners want to give me. I am very intrigued as to what life will be like sans Red John. Jane and Lisbon and Cho being there will make it still very much worthwhile for me. I hope they do something with Jane and Lisbon this season too. I also hope and think that all these things going down this season will add a fresh dynamic to the show.

Comment by Sam – August 7, 2013 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What was Amanda’s husband doing on twitter?

Comment by Kiernan – August 7, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is so much speculation about Van Pelt being RJ that it would not surprise me if she killed rigby herself. But the romantic part of me hopes that they say damn the rules and get hitched- then go off together with big smiles on their faces!

Comment by Fudgefase – August 7, 2013 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The blind pianist who was Red John’s lover sure seemed convinced Red John was a guy….

Comment by John – August 7, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Van Pelt is not going to be Red John. It was already confirmed after the season finale that Red John WILL be one of the names on Jane’s list. We just don’t know which one.

Comment by JC – August 7, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this show, but Red Johnis getting played out. He should be captured or killed by Jane at the end of this season and be the series finale. Although if CBS cancels it after the Red John story is wrapped up I could see TNT picking it up… Just like Southland

Comment by Bill – August 7, 2013 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH!! Awful. The only way I will be satisfied is if they run away together after being married of course. Neither of them are Red John, and if they try to spin it that way it would be awful. I also like how they are assuming the show will get picked up for another season after this. The ratings weren’t really that great last season and I imagine they will lower after they leave. But the revealing of Red John may help. I do love this show and will be super disappointed if they don’t get to be endgame.

Comment by cas – August 7, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post