Fall TV Preview

Revenge Quadrangle Downgraded to Triangle: 'There's No Love Between Emily and [Spoiler]'

Revenge Season 3 SpoilersMuch of Revenge‘s second season found Emily VanCamp‘s vengeance-seeking leading lady juggling three men: Daniel, Jack and Aiden. But the actress tells TVLine that pretty soon, she’ll have her hands full with just two of the hunks.

As part of ABC’s plan to streamline the drama in Season 3, which will be overseen by new showrunner Sunil Nayar, Emily Thorne’s love life is about to get a lot simpler.

“One thing that Sunil and I talked about was really defining her relationship with these men, because it got very muddled,” she reveals. “No one is going to love three men in the same way. We really needed to define: Who does Emily Thorne love?”

And that definition does not include one member of that trio.

RELATED | ABC Boss Talks Revenge Season 3, Nashville Finale, What’s Ahead on Grey’s

“She’s really using Daniel,” she concedes. “It’s unfortunate. There really is not the element of love between Emily and Daniel. It’s part of her plan. Jack and Aiden are her two great loves, for very different reasons. Emily and Aiden understand each other on a totally different level than anyone could ever imagine. And yet the nostalgia and the childhood love and the purity and the wholesomeness of love with Jack is such an appeal to her, too.”

Bottom line: Though there will no longer be a three-way tie for Emily’s affections, the revengenista certainly won’t have it easy. “She’s battling these different emotions of two different men, and yet she’s marrying another one,” she says, laughing. “It’s incredibly complicated, as always.”

And the Grayson scion’s absence from Em’s heart doesn’t guarantee that his townie rival — who in the season finale learned that Emily was really his childhood pal — will want anything to do with the duplicitous Ms. Thorne… and VanCamp can see why.

“I can say the relationship with Jack is going to be tense for a while, obviously,” the actress acknowledges. “She screwed him real bad, let’s be honest.”

Comments (236)

• Jake and Aiden. (She’s just playing with Daniel.)

Comment by Bass Drum – August 5, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not sure how this is a development on the show…..it was pretty clear throughout last season and probably even the first that Daniel was just a pawn in her game and not a real love interest. There was Jack and Aiden last season and that’s it i.e. it already was a triangle

Comment by Eli – August 6, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Between Jack and Aiden, I’d choose Aiden. Jack and Emily has no chemistry at all. Emily and Daniel was SO good in season 1, too bad… at least they’re not gonna choke us with Emily-Patrick. Maybe Patrick is for Nolan or something XD I’d totally get behind that.

Comment by Mandy – August 14, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack*

Comment by Bass Drum – August 5, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack is end game. We all know it. There won’t be a Joey chose Pacey surprise here.

Comment by dee123 – August 6, 2013 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Joey was a genius for choosing Pacey. On the other hand, I like Jack so it’s good. In the first season, I will say I liked Emily and Daniel, but she seemed to actually care about him a little then.

Comment by cas – August 6, 2013 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How Joey chosing Pacey ever was a surprise?

Comment by Sophie – August 6, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right, the poor pitiful Jack with a kid in the back seat? I mean, this might sound cruel, but Ems has always been rich, ever since childhood. And now she’s like a billionaire, and Aiden is part of her world, he’s ACTUALLY WILLING to help her with ANYTHING, and help her revenging agenda to the point of letting her marry someone else, and getting in to huge trouble…and all the while Jack, has been making things harder for Ems, and stirring up trouble. Ems and Aiden are THE couple. Never Jack.

Comment by Genevieve – August 7, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is her feelings for Jack that makes it harder for her, if she could just let go of her feelings her plan would have been flawless. She is her own stumbling block. She kept focusing on him instead of her plan. She is definitely not a revenger, but Aiden is. She is more like Jack, very emotional. Aiden could kill, but she can’t, in fact, Fauxmanda can kill(which I am shocked she and Aiden haven’t cross paths, unless they did when she was in Japan). Fauxmily and Jack both came close but were stopped b/c of their love for each other. I think she tolerates Aiden as opposed to love him, and goes to him only after being rejected from Jack.

Comment by Nosey – October 18, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping that they would get rid of Aiden, though his character was a needless complication… and with the initiative thing over his storyline has run its course.

Comment by l – August 5, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more, she’s going to end up with Jack- I don’t know why they drag this stuff on

Comment by Elly – August 5, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! Someone else who feels the same way about Adien as I do. He is so useless and really had no point in the show.

Comment by LT – August 5, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not sure if I agree with you all the way. Because he defined her pass as to the training and not letting her feelings get in the way because he betrayed her. And it was some one who she had that knew everything and could help her when she needed it. But I do agree that this episode he should be out. However for fun and exciting. I think she should end up in trouble and only he can appear and save her.

Comment by Tara Harris – August 6, 2013 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping the same. Or, if they were going to keep him, I was hoping that he would take a more villainous turn. At the end of last season, he was acting very obsessed with Miss Emily, and the whole killing of Takeda, then confronting Daniel seemed sort of unhinged. I was hoping Aiden would evolve into more of a adversary for Emily, and less of a love interest. I do like that the show is going to allow Jack to be angry and hurt. Emily really blew up his life.

Comment by Valerie – August 5, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emily didn’t blow up Jack’s life, Amanda (faux) did, so did Nolan. Nolan favorite sentence during all the seasons was : what about Jack, Jack, Jack…(annoying after all) ; perhaps Nolan is in love with him. Amanda and Nolan both knew Emily’s revengenda and they played their own cards to have what their heart desired; It was them who manipulated Jack.

Comment by allen – August 5, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I can’t help but think that I want Jack to die, or be gone in some way…he’s just soooo annoying and a complication in Ems life. He always gets in the way of Ems, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO good that comes from Jack. He either breaks Ems heart by being with faux Amanda or ruins her plans by being stubborn. I hate him so much. And he is so not fitting for Ems, they are not even in the same social class.

Comment by Genevieve – August 7, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Snotty much? Goodness, I would not like to meet you in real life. Jack has morals and heart. He was Amanda’s first “love.” There is still something there between them. He does not get in the way of Emily, he is a part of her life. There’s many complications between them.

Comment by lorna – August 13, 2013 03:23 PM PDT
        • You are correct, she did not manipulate Jack, but she sure manipulated Nolan and Fauxmanda. I watched the episodes over again, and she never verbally told Jack she was Emily Thorne, so she really tried not to lie to him. It was Fauxmanda who lied to him about who she was, the sad thing is she did not have to b/c he was starting to be attracted to her before he “thought” she was his childhood friend. Not really sure how Nolan “manipulated” Jack, he just wanted to see Fauxmily happy, and knows her father did not want this life for her.

Comment by nosey – August 13, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, please get rid of Aiden. He is useless. I can’t stand him. I don’t get what Emily sees in him and they have no chemistry.

Comment by Carrie – August 5, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are talking crap Aiden and Emily have ton of chemistry. Get the hell out here if you are so blind!!! They need to get rid of Jack and Daniel for sure!!! Aiden are top of his game!!! He is incredible in love with Emily and i cant believe you never saw that or maybe you never want to cos you are not his fan. I suggest to keep you mouth shut!!!

Comment by EdwardTINY – August 19, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ok first of all no need to freak out. Crazy much? Have you ever heard of freedom of speech? She can post what she wants so I suggest you keep your mouth shut. It’s people like you that make people hate to watch it. But anyway I’m all for jemily. It’s pretty obvious that jacks endgame. I don’t even understand why they have Aiden in the show.

Comment by Lexi – January 5, 2014 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hey stop with your usually trolls. It does really seem you are blind that there is a lot of chemistry between Aiden and Emily. Jack is a big loser out there and he need to find another women. Who wants to date a poor man like Jack? Aiden is a James Bond alike and who wont want to date a man like him? he is a male version of Emily which is perfect. But I understand Aiden jealously is what fans tend to hate him like you do. But rather blame the writers! You also forget Aiden is very intelligent unlike Jack. So tell me whats so special about jemily? btw Barry looks much hotter than the one you like. Poor Porters stuck in bar business and has not something new.

Comment by EdwardTINY – January 6, 2014 12:24 AM PDT
    • No no no, Aiden was the best addition to the show imo. I am pleased he’s returning, I thought he wasn’t.

Comment by Bella – August 6, 2013 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same, not interested in the charactor or aiden at all. it bores me. at the end of the day, daniel is just there for her to get to the graysons, aiden is a past love but jack is her true love. i will be so dissappointed if she does not marry jack or nolan! :P

Comment by kristie AUS – August 17, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! Couldn’t have said it better myself!:)

Comment by Lexi – January 5, 2014 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily and Jack have zero chemistry. I wish the writers would stop trying to force them together. It’s annoying.

Comment by Nikki – August 5, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Childhood love or not, there is NO chemistry between Emily and Jack. Instead they always look uncomfortable around each other.

Aiden is another problem. So far IMO, Emily only had chemistry with Daniel when it comes to a romantic relationship. Maybe if Aiden’s out they can pair her with Victoria’s illegitimate son. VanCamp and Hartley could work if his character doesn’t turn out to be psycho.

Comment by Daniela – August 5, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes well, this is why you don’t date your co-workers kids. Emily is actually dating Josh so naturally Ems and Daniel have the best chemistry. However, that doesn’t mean that you change the whole direction of the show so the fandom can sigh over how sweet it is that the real life couple is also a couple on TV. Daniel becomes darker and worse every season and he shows continously that he values power and money over love. He doesn’t belong with Emily no matter how good the chemistry is between the actors.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 5, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Real life chemistry often doesn’t translate on-screen so I don’t think she “naturally” has the best chemistry with Daniel because there a real life couple. There have been plenty of co-stars who dated in real life and lacked onscreen chemistry.

Comment by ABBY – August 5, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes well, even if “sometimes” it doesn’t obviously in this case it does. When you have three potential men and one of them is actually sleeping with the actress in question it’s going to give him an advantage in the chemistry department. Even though if you look at the stories and characters Jack and Aiden are the only rational choices there is still a large fan base in favor of Daniel. The story and the character certainly aren’t the reason so many people love seeing them together on screen. Daniel is getting more and more immoral as the season progress. He is lying, framing, blackmailing and more.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 5, 2013 09:23 PM PDT
        • Yes but Emily and Nick never had chemistry. You can’t tie yourself to a pre-determined outcome. Lots of shows have changed course because the characters they wanted to end up together, didn’t have as much chemistry as another one. Look at Pacey/Joey on Dawson’s Creek. The writers should have realized early on that Jack/Emily weren’t going to work and planned something else. At this point, I just hope that they burn through this story quickly and pair her up with Aiden in the end. At least they have some chemistry and would make a satisfying couple. Jack should probably die at some point.

Comment by dude – August 6, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • sorry but you are just kidding yourself if you dont think jack and emily are endgame. or that they would ever kill jack. and yes they do have chemistry

Comment by rachel – August 6, 2013 05:21 PM PDT
          • I would love to see another woman come into Jack’s life–someone with no revengetta or anything–someone that Emily knew when she was a little girl as well.

Comment by Ally Oop – August 8, 2013 10:00 AM PDT
          • Are you insane? Jack and Emily’s chemistry is through the roof. What show have you been watching.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:19 AM PDT
          • That’s your point of view. Obviously the writers and showrunner and a lot of the fandom agree. All of the fans have different opinions on whom they want Emily with, but Jack is my choice.

Comment by veronica – August 13, 2013 03:24 PM PDT
        • I try not to date my co-workers kids. That would be really inappropriate, and illegal, considering they are kids! :P

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – August 6, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess I don’t see the chemistry w/ her and Daniel, I think there is tension/uncomfortable between Jack and her but I think it’s b/c there are feelings for each other. To me she looks uncomfortable around Daniel does, uncomfortable in a sense that she does not want to be around him, I mean his mother even senses she does not love Daniel. I think there are plenty chemistry between Jack and her. There is potential she could have chemistry w/ Patrick, but not seeing any chemistry w/ Daniel. Fauxmilly and Daniel’s relationship is not romantic @ all

Comment by nosey – August 5, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are wrong there are tons of chemistry between Aiden and Emily!!! go away annoying Daniel girly fan!

Comment by EdwardTINY – August 19, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed!!

Comment by Elyse – August 5, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do not agree. She has plenty of chemistry with Jack. All ya’ll haters can step to the back.

Comment by Radha – August 5, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Zero chemistry ; a childhood love who cares ! What a 8 year-old girl knew about loving a boy she met some summers. That’s not real love, but fantasy. If she ends up with Jack I will laugh.
      Aiden, what another joke! He can be a friend (as Nolan) but a lover, I doubt it. He wants to control Emily’s life.
      I rewatched all the episodes, and it’s easy to discover with whom Emily has a romantic chemistry. Some don’t want Daniel only because he’s a Grayson. Nonetheless, is love reserved to a sort of person? As Daniel said to his mother: “we don’t really choose who we fall in love to…” Don’t forget, Emily is not a wise, adorable girl, a heart darkened by revenge. So let see revenge and not fairy tale!

Comment by allen – August 5, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well spoken. I still hope Emily ends up with Daniel because he is the only one that “truly” loves her. Jack does not seem to and Aiden had his own agenda too. Daniel would give up family and everything for Emily–maybe she should take it! Victoria and Conrad seem to do well at destroying themselves. Because of this, Emily would have it all and it would be “Revenge”!

Comment by Jamie – August 11, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      I rewatched all the episodes, and it’s easy to discover with whom Emily has a more chemistry. Some don’t want Daniel only because he’s a Grayson. Nonetheless, is love reserved to a sort of person? As Daniel said to his mother: “we don’t really choose who we fall in love to…” Don’t forget, Emily is not a wise, adorable girl, a heart darkened by revenge. So let see revenge and not fairy tale!

Comment by allen – August 5, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chemistry is subjective. Jack and Emily might not work for everyone, just like Aiden and Emily don’t work for anyone, or Daniel and Emily, etc. I happen to think Jack and Emily have a lot of chemistry. Perhaps the writers agree more with me, and they don’t believe they are “forcing” anything. Like I said, its all subjective.

Comment by Valerie – August 5, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you thank you thank you! I can’t stand these two together. Their whole childhood love was sweet and all but they have zero chemistry as adults and the whole Jack and Emily end up together scenario is so cliche. In season one I was rooting for Daniel and while part of me still is, I love the chemistry between Emily and Aidan. They are HOT!

Comment by Julie – August 5, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could not agree more w/ u.

Comment by Karine Zanella (@karinezll) – August 6, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finally someone else who sees what I see, zero chemistry with Jack! I like Aiden and Daniel but Jack is just mediocre!

Comment by suzyku – August 6, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • don’t watch if it bothers you. if you read the way the writers talked about jack and emily; you know its always gonna be them. and chemistry is the eye of beholder. you only see what you want to see. i think they have great chemistry. Jemily 4eva.

Comment by rachel – August 6, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, Jemily haters should stop watching because Jack/Emily is and has always been an integral part of the show. Clearly the writers agree with us too since Daniel is now out of the picture.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely agree! Jack and Ems have nothing together, and he is like always getting in the way of her plans. The writers need to stop writing about Jack and Ems.

Comment by Genevieve – August 7, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He is not getting in her way, she is getting her own way. She is way too emotional for this plan she has. In Season 2, they were not as close as they were in Season 1, and she still did more (of her revenge plan) in Season 1 (when they were closer) than she did in Season 2. In Season 2, she was so worried about him being mad at her, she was too focused on trying to keep their relationship going. I don’t blame him for her getting off track no more than I blame her for everything that has happened to him

Comment by nosey – August 13, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they have amazing chemistry. Jack and Emily’s love story is timeless- childhood lovers separated but drawn together as adults. It’s such a classic (ever seen Sleeping Beauty) and its one of the biggest drives of the show. Jack and Emily are endgame so maybe you should find another show to watch.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you. Well written.

Comment by veronica – August 13, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU I THINK SHE HAS CHEMISTRY WITH DANIEL N AIDEN

Comment by CHICHI BLESSINGS – September 5, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barry Sloane (Aiden) has already hinted on Twitter that he’ll only be seen in flashbacks.

Comment by EJ – August 5, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not true. Aiden will kind of change in the next season.

Comment by Genevieve – August 7, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh! I can’t stand either Jack or Aiden. I was really rooting for Daniel b/c he’s not like his parents. Of the two, I hope it’s Jack since Aiden is even more annoying than Jack. I just have never understood her “love” for Jack cause she was like 9 when she knew him. Pining all these years…really??? I just don’t think so but it’s not my show. I watch for the revenge and Nolan…lol.

Comment by GS – August 5, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She fell in love w/ Jack as an adult, It appeared when she learned he named his boat after her, the feelings became stronger for him, I think it is much more than their childhood relationship

Comment by nosey – August 5, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If all it takes to make Emily fall in love is to name a boat after her, then that’s not saying much about her.

Comment by Susan – August 5, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If all it took for Emily to fall in love was a rich douchebag (who still lives in his parents poolhouse) buying her affection then that wouldn’t say much about her either. Emily has never loved Daniel and never will.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I did not say that was all it took, I said this is when it “appeared” the feelings became stronger. I will add that this is when I saw that she actually loved him, Before that moment I did not realize there were any feelings there, I just thought they were childhood friends not even sweethearts(still don’t think they were really sweethearts, 12 & 9 year old, hard for me to believe). But all I was saying is that she actually does love Jack, and the look she gave when she found out he named his boat after her is when I noticed, from that point on, it appeared the feelings just became stronger the more they were together, Therefore I think the feelings are beyond their childhood relationship. I haven’t seen an episode were I thought, oh she really does love Daniel or she really does love Aiden, but this can definitely change.

Comment by nosey – August 13, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Daniel is actually alot like his parents. He just chooses to believe that he’s not.

Comment by Alichat – August 5, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe, but Emily is like Victoria!

Comment by allen – August 19, 2013 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • To some extent. The motivations are different. Both will get their hands dirty to do what they want. But I think Emily is driven by revenge and protecting those she considers family. Victoria is 90% of the time out for Victoria. The remaining 10% is to protect her kids….but mostly, it’s about protecting the life she has.

Comment by Alichat – August 19, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Different motivation or not she’s like Victoria. You have plenty excuses for Emily and none for Victoria or Daniel. By the way, we have only Emily’s revenge side story not the Grayson’s full side. Don’t you see the jigsaw is uncompleted.

Comment by allen – August 21, 2013 03:50 PM PDT
          • allen – I believe you mean the ‘jigsaw is incomplete,’ and I don’t agree with that. I believe we’ve learned Victoria’s side of things as these two seasons have progressed. just as we’ve learned Emily’s side. Also, I’m not making excuses for Emily. I’m defining their motivations, Emily’s and Victoria’s, which I said was what made them different. I said to some extent they are alike, but the big difference is their motivations.

Comment by Alichat – August 21, 2013 04:26 PM PDT
          • Ok message received: yes, incomplete… We’ll see next season. Thanks for this exchange.

Comment by allen – August 21, 2013 05:39 PM PDT
          • You got me, and message received: “incomplete story”. We’ll see next season. Thanks for this exchange.

Comment by allen – August 21, 2013 05:45 PM PDT
    • Um, Daniels is well on his way to becoming just like his parents, have you not been watching? They’re cute together, but his character is becoming douchey. And he dated her friend. Frenemy. Doucheville alert.

Comment by veronica – August 13, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I prefer Daniel to either of them, as long as the show gets back to its season one quality, I don’t care who she’s with. But also they should get rid of Aiden.

Comment by a – August 5, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you want Adien gone, then you do care a little.

Comment by SAK – August 5, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just love the chemistry between her and Daniel. What the hell are these writers doing? Daniel and Emily have the best chemistry.

Comment by CHICHI BLESSINGS – September 5, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good to know, i can finally stop watching then. both jack and aiden are insufferable. There’s only so much man-pain i can handle and this show has exceeded my limit. Too bad bc i really enjoy the big plot point of this show, but i am def not here for all this boy drama. In the beginning i didn’t even know if emily could love anyone (she seemed a bit of a sociopath to me) and i was fine with that bc i liked that she was so messed up but still being presented as a heroin. Now it’s all about the guys and her and…. no thanks. If i had to choose a guy for her to be with, daniel was definitely my pick, but oh well. bye bye revenge!

Comment by Dani – August 5, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol you’re embarrassing yourself with this comment.

Comment by Imember – August 5, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I also watch for the vengeful Emily against the Graysons, not for drama boy.

Comment by Nick – September 11, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. Daniel is the only one she has chemistry with.

Comment by Guy – August 5, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that Daniel is not in the running. Team Aiden!!! I just wish Emily would kick Daniel out for good.

Comment by Lyn – August 5, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo. She has such chemistry with Daniel, especially compared to Aiden or Jack.

Comment by jess k – August 5, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering they’re together in real life, I’d hope they’d have some chemistry! ;-). I like Daniel as endgame maybe but for now I like seeing her with Aidan. But sadly I think I’m going to be disappointed because I’m sure she’ll end up with boring, whiny, woe -is-me, my brother just died, everyone lied to me Jack.

Comment by Julie – August 5, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Real life chemistry doesn’t translate onto the screen- that comes on it’s own. Josh Bowman has a British accent in real life and is a charming and decent person. Daniel on the other hand is a smarmy and entitled douche- his chemistry with Emily Thorne is thus non-existent.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The plot with Daniel was the most interesting of the three. If she’s not emotionally compromised, it loses complexity.

I agree that the Aiden character/storyline is a washout, but would like to add that the actor is talented & handsome – he deserves a better role on a better show.

Comment by Sally – August 5, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was emotionally compromised but they can’t go back and forth with this Emily/Daniel thing forever so I understand why they’d cut ties with it this season but it really sucks because he’s the only person she’s interesting to watch with. Their chemistry is insane.

Comment by dude – August 5, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hate Aiden, he’s been a terrible addition to the show and I juts want him off the show.

Comment by Gerald – August 5, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep your mouth shut your comments make no sense! Aiden is number one!!! Get over it! You are freaking jealous!

Comment by EdwardTINY – August 19, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aiden was supposed to be on the show for a short time but the writers loved him, the fans loved him (I’m sorry you’re in a minority here) and I for one, would have stopped watching if he hadn’t returned for s03. He’s the only one who really knows Amanda, not the child she was that Jack knew, but the revengy, hard woman she is now! They belong together! She and Jack may have been the intended end game but I think the writers know better than anyone else what’s good for the story!

Comment by Rose – August 19, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I will never forget the first thing Emily said to Nolan “Amanda Clarke doesn’t exist.” That’s the girl Jack knew. And no amount of loving from good-pure-honest Jack will bring that girl back. Jack & that girl might have worked but Jack & Emily Thorne, no way. Aiden knows Emily Thorne. I believe we will see that he knows her beyond just revenge.

Comment by deme – August 20, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The unfortunate thing is, she has the best chemistry with Daniel (for obvious reasons) so I can’t not want them together. It really sucks that Jack is suppose to be her epic love because her and Nick have zero romantic chemistry. He was better off with Faux-manda.

Comment by dude – August 5, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why? That is the worst decision they could have made, she has the most chemistry with Daniel. And his redemption/ their love story was just getting good!

Comment by Torontogirl98 – August 5, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh with Aiden! Not a Daniel and Emily fan, but he is a better 3rd of the triangle that Aiden. Ultimately I want Jack and Emily.

Comment by Diane – August 5, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That seems to make the most sense.

Comment by liz – August 5, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agh I like Aiden and i agree, there is no chemistry between Jack and Emily…. She used yo have it in season 1 with Daniel but his character is annoying now!!! Maybe they should try with Patrick but later, maybe in other season, the show would be more about love than revenge

Comment by Aylín – August 5, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually do like her and Daniel together but not because she has genuine affection for him, more because it is entertaining to watch her manipulate him for the greater revengagenda. I enjoyed Aiden quite a bit and am glad he’ll be back but I agree with others in that I’m over Jack and Amanda. Way over.

Comment by Daisy – August 5, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the one thing I like about the Daniel relationship too. Talk about a spineless man. I almost feel sorry for him because his nose is wide open concerning her. I await the day he discover who she really is.

Comment by deme – August 6, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought she had chemistry with Jack in S1 but last season kind of ruined it for me. They totally messed up that relationship, IMO. Aiden never did a thing for me either.

Comment by megan – August 5, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course, they decide Emily’s not in love with Daniel when he’s the one guy I want her to be with.

Comment by Matt – August 5, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please bring back FauxManda – she and Jack actually had chemistry. Honestly, the show needed someone with REAL emotion. Hopefully, she’ll “resurface” and the battle will begin. Hopefully with Patrick coming on the show, Daniel will be shipped off somewhere far, far away. He should’ve died in the first season.

Comment by Chicago Dan – August 5, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second your suggestion to bring back FauxManda. She provided a nice counterpoint to Emily and had good chemistry with Jack.

Comment by Valerie – August 6, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree- I would love to see Fauxmanda back. I cried when she died! I am not sure how that would work though ‘cuz she seed pretty dead :(

Comment by JeKneeBee – August 7, 2013 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that’s too bad. The dynamic between her and Daniel is the most interesting one among the three.

Comment by Louise – August 5, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that sucks… IMO Emily had the most chemistry with Daniel. Aiden is totally unnecessary & I see zero chemistry with her and Jack.

I was looking forward to see the changes for this new season. But not so much anymore. We’ll see…

Anyway, with Ashley gone, they need another 20/30 something female in that cast. There’s already too many men. We have Jack, Daniel, Aiden, Nolan and now Victoria’s other son.

Comment by Lisa – August 5, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree wholeheartedly about needing more 20/30ish women on the show- How is Emily supposed to have time for any “revenge” while juggling all of those men. I am soooo disappointed they are getting rid of Ashley. KEEP ASHLEY!! Loved her- she hooked up with everyone!

Comment by JeKneeBee – August 7, 2013 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So glad Ashley will be gone. She was a pain in the butt and just irritated me, constantly looking smug.

Comment by veronica – August 13, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, there are way too many men compared to females in the cast. It’s ridiculous. Getting rid of Ashley definitely feels like a mistake.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i RATHER SEE EMiLY WiTH AiDEN OR DANiEL THAN JACK. i DON’T THiNK THAT EMiLY AND JACK BELONG TOGETHER. i DON’T SEE THE CHEMiSTRY BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM. SO HOPEFULLY SHE DOESN’T END UP WiTH JACK AT THE END. SHE SHOULD LET JACK GO AND LET HiM FiND SOMEONE ELSE THAT TRULY DESERVES HiM. BUT HOPEFULLY SHE ENDS UP WiTH AiDEN AT THE END. THAT’S iF HE DiDN’T GET KiLLED LAST SEASON BY DANiEL. iF HE DiD THAN EMiLY SHOULD END UP WiTH DANiEL. BUT NOT JACK. TEAM DANiEL OR TEAM AiDEN. DAMN i CAN’T CHOOSE LOVE THEM BOTH. BUT i’LL BE HAPPY iF EMiLY ENDS WiTH EiTHER AiDEN OR DANiEL iN THE END.

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – August 5, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think there’s something wrong with your I’s.

Comment by Bre – August 5, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHY CAUSE i DON’T WRiTE THEM iN CAPiTAL LETTERS LiKE THE REST OF THE LETTERS?

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – August 5, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think she’s 11…

Comment by C – August 7, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • NOT 11 YEARS OLD. MUCH OLDER THAN THAT FOR YOUR iNFORMATiON.

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – August 10, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for encapsulating the intelligence of a typical Jack-hater in a comment.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NOT A JACK HATER BUT i DON’T WANT EMiLY AND JACK TO END UP TOGETHER iN THE END. FOR ME JACK iS EMILY’S CHiLDHOOD LOVE BUT i THiNK THAT SHE iS STRUCK iN THE PAST BECAUSE THOSE WERE THE HAPPY DAYS OF HER LiFE BEFORE HER LiFE TURN UP SiDE DOWN FOR THE WORSE.AND JACK WAS PART OF THAT HAPPY MOMENT OF HER LiFE. SHE SHOULD MOVE ON FROM THE PAST AND MOVE FORWARD TO THE FUTURE .SHE SHOULD FiGURE OUT iF JACK iS HER ONE TRUE LOVE FOR SURE AND NOT CAUSE HE iS HER CHiLDHOOD LOVE.

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – August 10, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW, shocked by these comments. Just because they date in real life doesn’t mean anything. Daniel and Emily have absolutely no chemistry. She doesn’t love him people. Totally bored when they are on.

Comment by Mary – August 5, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I haven’t read one comment saying that Emily and Daniel need to be together because Emily&Josh are dating. I wish those two well, but even if they broke up I would still be a Emily/Daniel fan.

Comment by Mary – August 5, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, just b/c people date in real life, that does not mean their on screen characters belong together, I have seen shows where individuals who date in real life play characters who cannot stand each other on screen. To mean that shows good acting and good writing

Comment by nosey – August 5, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Another thing is, when actors who are dating in real life are paired together on-screen as well, what often ends up happening is they break up IRL and then that sullies their chemistry on the show. (Sometimes one of them requests not to have too many scenes with the other or even tries to get them fired.) As such, when two cast members on the same show are dating, I actually think that’s a reason NOT to pair up their characters.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – August 7, 2013 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I fully agree, whatever chemistry they may have in real life clearly does NOT translate into their characters because Emily and Daniel scenes are boring as grit. Not to mention Emily dated her on-screen brother on Everwood- how did that chemistry translate exactly?

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blurg. Having Emily with genuine feelings for Daniel makes it a much more interesting story, long-term. Shutting it down only makes any plots involving Daniel and their fake relationship lose dimension. I’ve loved Barry Sloane in other projects but Aiden is so dull, and I can’t see how Jack could ever reasonably trust Emily again, at least enough to start a relationship with her.

Comment by Dizzle – August 5, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still want Nolan and Emily to happen*.

Comment by Amadeo – August 5, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EMiLY AND NOLAN HAVE A BROTHER AND SiSTER RELATiONSHiP.WHiCH i LOVE. SO i DON’T SEE THEM HAPPENiNG AT ALL.

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – August 5, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too, wonder how many other ppl like emily/nolan

Comment by Sarah – August 5, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only one Emily has any kind of chemistry with is Nolan, so yes, I very much want that to happen. Aiden is too suffocating and doesn’t really support her motivation, Daniel’s miraculous change of mind is too little, too late and I see nothing at all between Emily and Jack. One can dream of Emily/Nolan even if it seems like a long-shot.

Comment by helvetica547 – August 5, 2013 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Despite their brilliant chemistry, no redemption or further twists are going to justify Emily/Daniel for me (though i love them ofcourse!). Emily/Jack is a case of pure nostalgia. When they both finally outgrow each other is when they will be better friends. Aiden,well, won’t last long. For me, it has always been Emily/Nolan.. Been together since Emily became who she is now, knowing each other inside out, best friends and soulmates in the truest sense. If there is ever a true love for both of them, and if they plan to give as much importance to the romance angle as the revenge track, then eventually they’ll both end up together. Or so i feel :)

Comment by roshni – August 5, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m still fairly certain they are related. I don’t know if it’s siblings or cousins or what but I definitely get a family vibe from those two.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 5, 2013 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • With Jack it’s definitely Nostalgia. Once the Amanda Clarke gets her revenge I don’t think Jack will be capable of handling the emotional weight that is going to follow her around for the rest of her life. She is going to be haunted, paranoia will set in… I don’t see her staying in one place for very long… and that is if her revenge doesn’t kill her… it will consume her mentally.. there is no way she is getting out of this and having a “happy ever after” with Jack. She is going to disappear and Nolan will be the only one who will be able to find her, because she’ll let him.

Out of all the males we’ve been introduced to Nolan is the only one who can stand toe to toe with Emily. (Amanda Clarke)

Comment by Peach – September 13, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hallelujah! Now can we ditch Jack.

Comment by Maria – August 5, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I’d rather she not be with any of them. It would be more fun if she found herself attracted to Victoria’s long lost son, played by Justin Hartley. That would be really interesting.

Comment by Ronnie – August 5, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now, I wish Daniel go back to his ex, so that Emily and Aiden can be together.

Comment by Diane – August 5, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Emily a puppet, who cannot decide by her own, which man she would want to stay with? Daniel didn’t come to Emily, but Emily came to him and seduced him. So don’t be indulgent with Emily by throwing Daniel’s feelings.

Comment by allen – August 19, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re seriously keeping Aiden around? Nobody likes him!

Daniel/Emily/Jack was a perfect triangle. Go back to that.

Comment by james – August 5, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they would get rid of Jack. He is such a bland character, and so boring. He doesn’t deserve Emily at all. They palyed house on the beach when they were kids; that is not love. Aiden is the one for her. He is her lover and portector, and understands her at a level Jack could never. I hope that Sunil doesn’t force Jack/Emily on us. It is just too pathetic to watch.

Comment by dani – August 5, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha thats what YOU think!!! Everybody likes him and is the best thing on the show. NOBODY likes daniel and jack is it really that simple??? the real team is aiden emily together with nolan big best team. You are freaking jealous that thing for sure. Keep your mouth shut if you have no idea what you talking about!

Comment by EdwardTINY – August 19, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m Team Jack, but I like Aidan too. I thought for sure Aidan would be the one that got pushed out, but I’m glad it’s Daniel! I seem to be in the minority here, but he is my least favorite.

Comment by Jen – August 5, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m the same. I’m fully Team Jack but compared to Daniel, I can’t help but see Aiden as a decent guy. Both Jack and Aiden deserve Emily’s love so I’m glad that the triangle will be about them instead of money-grubbing Daniel.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And there went any possibility of me watching this season. The only thing more contrived than Jack/Emily (who, btw, have never had any chemistry whatsover) is this great Aiden/Emiy twoo wub. Aiden is dull, lame, and the actor has zero charisma and charm.

Comment by Bored ex-Revenge Fan – August 5, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is everyone picking on Aiden? He was the best looking guy on the show for 1st & 2nd season. I don’t know how anyone could say that him & Emily don’t have chemistry. Obviously, Emily & Jack will end up together…eventually, but there is no way that is going to happen this season . Emily hosed him over way too bad, so it will take him awhile to recover from that for him.

Comment by JeKneeBee – August 7, 2013 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only Emily and Daniel have much more chemistry than she has with Aiden or Jack (for obvious reasons), I also think that Ems having feelings for Daniel (who is her revenge list) would make things so much more interesting. Having Emily end up with Jack is just another boring story of two people who know each other since childhood and just for this reason are supposedly meant to be.
    As for Aiden, I don’t like his character at all, I was actually hoping he wouldn’t be in Season 3.
    I’m so disappointed right know to read all that.

Comment by Giorgia – August 5, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could never get behind the Emily and Jack epic love story. They knew each other when they were 9 and it was for one summer.

Comment by Mary – August 5, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no it was for at least a couple of summers. This was mentioned in interviews. And the fact that young Amanda has longer hair when she first meets Jack. They knew each other where they little and forged a bond stronger than just summer pals. That’s what it is. If you didn’t look for reasons to dislike something, you would enjoy tv shows much more. It is clear that Jack and Emily will end up together in the end.

Comment by rachel – August 6, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sad that the beautiful simplicity of childhood bonds translating into adulthood romance is lost on you. Falling in love with a childhood friend is a lovely story to tell and is one Revenge tells perfectly.

Comment by GuyAwks – August 10, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You took my words… I did hate to read that. so disappointed with the writers.

Comment by Karine Zanella (@karinezll) – August 6, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh! I can’t stand Jack. He gives stupid and boring bad names. The entire show grinds to a halt every time he comes on screen. And, as others said, he and Emily have no chemistry together.

Comment by Chloe – August 5, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, well apparently we are not watching the same show.

Comment by Radha – August 5, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh man and i was hoping it was jack porter. they have no chemistry whatsoever and the way the story has progressed, let’s be honest, there is no way jack can forgive emily for all the deception. i really do not see them ending up together. as for aiden, yeah he was more like a complication this past season. but judging from the finale, it seems daniel killed aiden. anyhow…ultimately i don’t see emily ending up with any of these men. the path of revenge is a lonely road. but still i hope its emily-daniel for endgame.

Comment by johnny – August 5, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you do not see them ending up together? well, fine. enjoy being wrong. i know he’s not the writer anymore. but the way the original writer always talked about jack and emily; is that they would most definitely end up together. everything is written that way. your indenial if you think theirs a chance that they wont’ be together. actually your in major denial since you think theirs still a chance for emily and daniel after reading this article.

Comment by rachel – August 6, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agreed! Jack needs to move his ass from the show.

Comment by Genevieve – August 7, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I am sooooooo glad that they are considering Aiden… Love him!!! Glad Danny is out of the triangle! Jack & Ems have zero chemistry. Nolan & Ems seem like bro & sis!

Comment by Amy – August 5, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know I am in the minority but I like Aiden however he seems more like a happily ever after for our Emily rather than someone who can play a real role in her revenge plans. I mean he might be dead but I vaguely see a note and plane ticket being left for her to join him when she is ready but right now um Nolan kind of needs both Emily and Aiden’s help more than anything else. I don’t really feel the chemistry betweeb either Daniel or Jack.

Comment by kate – August 5, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well we both are because these are my sentiments as well. If Emily is to get a HEA it wouldn’t make since or be believable at this point with anyone other than Aiden.

Comment by deme – August 5, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand this “childhood love ” thing.. How can two kids really know what love is ???

Comment by Amy – August 5, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Daniel here as well..that sucks..oh well

Comment by mountaineer – August 5, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally hope for her to be w/ Jack, I just hope the writers do an outstanding job with their relationship. . . I think it would be hard to put them together at this point, with all that has happened, I also think it could be clever to put them together w/ all that has happened. I personally like the fact that they sort of drifted apart although the feelings were still there. I think she has the most chemistry w/ Jack, b/c it all honest she is the way she is due to circumstance and not character, and Jack is turning that way too. Both are only the way they are as a result of how the Grayson’s destroyed their lives by taking away a loved one.

Comment by nosey – August 5, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love this comment, I agree with everything you said, I hope the writers do the Jack and Emily story justice.

Comment by Bre – August 5, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I could tell you who I think she should/will end up with but I liked the complexity of her having feelings for Daniel. If she doesn’t have feelings for Daniel then she is just out for Revenge which is fun but in my opinion not as intriguing. I liked season 1 when she seemed to care about Daniel (who seemed less like his parents) somewhat.

Comment by Heidi – August 5, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Jack!

Comment by Shireen – August 5, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to read the article to even remember who THIRD love interest was for Emily. Not a good look for Aiden/the show. I like keeping this dynamic of Emily/Daniel open because I think Daniel is a wild card when it comes to his family- sometimes I think he is just as evil as Mommy and Daddy Dearest whereas other times, I can see Emily eventually telling him everything and them teaming up and taking them DOWN. At any rate, to hear the new show runner close the door on Emily/Daniel makes me sad….and a lot less hopeful for season 3.

Comment by BL – August 5, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks as I thought her chemistry with Daniel was the strongest. I barely see any chemistry between her and Jack.

Comment by Jess (@CrashandBurn9) – August 5, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Jack all the way he’s the love of her life and her salvation!

Comment by Mika02 – August 5, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chemistry is not always superficial. There’s plenty of chemistry between Emily and Jack. They belong together. I wish the dog hadn’t died-he was their link to the past.

Comment by cindy – August 5, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to know we all see different things, but I was rooting for Daniel to not turn out like his parents and for Emily to end up with him. Jack, I just don’t see as a current affection – just a past one, and Aiden seems well over now as well. Seems like they are letting go of the wrong side of the triangle to me.

Comment by MAS – August 5, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the relationship between Jack and Emily. There is no chemistry there and I find the whole relationship just weird. Just because there was a crush between them when they were 8 doesn’t mean they should be together now.

Comment by Sarah – August 5, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for me, that’s kind of ‘whatever’. i love Revenge, but i want Emily more focusing in her ‘revegenda’. In the romance area, i don’t have preferences for Emily. I like her story with Jack, i liked her with Daniel in S1 (only), and i liked some scenes with her and Aiden. but i don’t have preferences for one or another.

Comment by Thiciane Diniz – August 5, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post