Fall TV Preview

Parenthood Exclusive: All American Rejects' Tyson Ritter Books Major Season 5 Role

tyson ritter parenthoodParenthood is taking an All American Reject under its wing in Season 5, booking the group’s frontman, Tyson Ritter, for a recurring role in Season 5, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Ritter will play Oliver Rome, the immature, egomaniacal, tantrum-prone lead singer of a hot new rock band that is recording at the Luncheonette. However, underneath the attitude, Oliver is actually a decent guy.

RELATED | Parenthood Season 5 Spoilers: Is Somebody Getting Married?

The Parenthood job marks Ritter’s first major TV gig. He previously guest-starred (as himself) on 90210 and House. He also appeared in the 2008 Anna Faris pic The House Bunny.

Parenthood‘s fifth season premieres Thursday, Sept. 26 at 10/9c.

Comments (31)

• I usually never correct, but since it was on TV all last weekend – his first major acting gig was co-starring in the movie “The House Bunny” with Anna Faris, Emma Stone and Colin Hanks. He played a frat boy who Emma was in love with and he had a sizable role.

Comment by Toni – August 3, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tweaked!

Comment by Michael Ausiello – August 3, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh! Wow, thank you. :)

Comment by Toni – August 3, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And it was not an “indie.” It was distributed by a major studio.

Comment by Sam – August 3, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woah, that face!

Comment by Alexia – August 3, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? His eyes are so piercing. I love dark hair and light eyes. Surprised that he hasn’t a role in a supernatural genre yet… i also wonder how parenthood has survived this long. I watched a few eps the first season and then gave it up because i found none of the characters interesting to me and was just either bored or annoyed by everyone each episode. To be fair, I felt the same about Brothers and Sisters so perhaps I’m just not into these simpering family dramas.

Comment by jest saying – August 4, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • None of them interesting? Bored and annoyed? You HAD to have been watching a different show. Or maybe your ears were plugged? Your eyes crossed? You’re missing out.

Comment by JustMy2Cents – August 5, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s still attractive, but in person he doesn’t look the same anymore. When I met him he looked like he had aged by ten years. He could have just been exhausted from touring because he looks much better in pictures I’ve seen recently. I don’t watch Parenthood, but I’m glad he is getting another acting role.

Comment by sweetkatilyn21 – August 8, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as he stays away from Amber!

Comment by Cher – August 3, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised this is his first gig since The House Bunny. He was pretty good in that movie

Comment by ggny – August 3, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His eyes are amazing

Comment by Whatever – August 3, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re just blue. I don’t know what’s amazing about that.

Comment by ... – August 3, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s his look, not just his eyes, that look cool in that picture.

Comment by Midori – August 3, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess Tyson Ritter frontman of The All American Rejects is not related to series guest star Jason Ritter isn’t it?

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 3, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think they are cousins. remember reading it in an article somewhere

Comment by Luke Cosh – August 4, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish we knew the real reason Sarah Ramos is gone from Parenthood. I still love the show, but I really miss Haddie’s involvement in the family dynamic,

Comment by TV Gord – August 3, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it took the realistic approach of what happens when a kid goes off to college and doesn’t see their family everyday, she’ll be recurring again in season 5.
      and it’s not like the written her off and pretended she never existed in some tv shows when a child actor.

Comment by Miss VCI – August 3, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • iirc not only her character but the actress herself started college and its difficult to fit filming and lessons into one schedule.

Comment by Aulty – August 6, 2013 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He looks amazingly like Berton Averre of The Knack, back in the day. The cheekbones, especially.

Comment by Bearoness – August 3, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope his not for Amber I was liking Amber/Ryan.

Comment by ABBY – August 3, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That picture scares the crap out of me.

Comment by lariet50 – August 3, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess they couldn’t be without a Ritter eh. Never seen anything he’s done, but Katims + Co wouldn’t hire him if he didn’t have some serious chops, so I’m looking forward to it. Always enjoy seeing musicians cross over into acting.

Comment by liz – August 3, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This. Is. Amazing.!!!!! I love him and AMR so much. He’s gonna rock on Parenthood!

Comment by sweeet – August 3, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I love All American Rejects and Parenthood. I can’t wait to see Tyson in the new season.

Comment by Joey – August 3, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Sarah Ramos (Haddie) would come back to Parenthood full time too. It was nice to see how two different girls of the same age in the same family could go down different paths.

Comment by Fabe – August 3, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They still are. Haddie’s in college and that’s a different path than Amber’s.

Comment by Berit – August 5, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonder if he will be for Haddie?

Comment by betty lou – August 5, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is not an ‘EXLUSIVE’… The Huffington Post first reported the news ;)

Comment by Sophie – August 5, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this to make a live triangle for Amber and Ryan? I think it would be good to see what happens to A and R if they don’t go down the love triangle complication – how about young love that stays true?

Comment by Karen – August 6, 2013 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh! I’ve been watching Parenthood, thinking he looks and sounds very familiar… kind of All American Reject’s lead singer :) And he is, I’m so happy I was right

Comment by Beth – October 29, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Glad I wasn’t the only one. Kind of disappointed that he doesn’t look so good, though. Is it age or the effects of touring heavily? In any event, he’s pretty good.

Comment by Key – November 8, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post