Exclusive

Parenthood Exclusive: All American Rejects' Tyson Ritter Books Major Season 5 Role

tyson ritter parenthoodParenthood is taking an All American Reject under its wing in Season 5, booking the group’s frontman, Tyson Ritter, for a recurring role in Season 5, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Ritter will play Oliver Rome, the immature, egomaniacal, tantrum-prone lead singer of a hot new rock band that is recording at the Luncheonette. However, underneath the attitude, Oliver is actually a decent guy.

RELATED | Parenthood Season 5 Spoilers: Is Somebody Getting Married?

The Parenthood job marks Ritter’s first major TV gig. He previously guest-starred (as himself) on 90210 and House. He also appeared in the 2008 Anna Faris pic The House Bunny.

Parenthood‘s fifth season premieres Thursday, Sept. 26 at 10/9c.

1. Toni says:

I usually never correct, but since it was on TV all last weekend – his first major acting gig was co-starring in the movie “The House Bunny” with Anna Faris, Emma Stone and Colin Hanks. He played a frat boy who Emma was in love with and he had a sizable role.

2. Alexia says:

Woah, that face!

• jest saying says:

I know, right? His eyes are so piercing. I love dark hair and light eyes. Surprised that he hasn’t a role in a supernatural genre yet… i also wonder how parenthood has survived this long. I watched a few eps the first season and then gave it up because i found none of the characters interesting to me and was just either bored or annoyed by everyone each episode. To be fair, I felt the same about Brothers and Sisters so perhaps I’m just not into these simpering family dramas.

• JustMy2Cents says:

None of them interesting? Bored and annoyed? You HAD to have been watching a different show. Or maybe your ears were plugged? Your eyes crossed? You’re missing out.

• He’s still attractive, but in person he doesn’t look the same anymore. When I met him he looked like he had aged by ten years. He could have just been exhausted from touring because he looks much better in pictures I’ve seen recently. I don’t watch Parenthood, but I’m glad he is getting another acting role.

3. Cher says:

As long as he stays away from Amber!

4. ggny says:

Surprised this is his first gig since The House Bunny. He was pretty good in that movie

5. Whatever says:

His eyes are amazing

6. Guess Tyson Ritter frontman of The All American Rejects is not related to series guest star Jason Ritter isn’t it?

7. TV Gord says:

I wish we knew the real reason Sarah Ramos is gone from Parenthood. I still love the show, but I really miss Haddie’s involvement in the family dynamic,

• Miss VCI says:

it took the realistic approach of what happens when a kid goes off to college and doesn’t see their family everyday, she’ll be recurring again in season 5.
      and it’s not like the written her off and pretended she never existed in some tv shows when a child actor.

• Aulty says:

iirc not only her character but the actress herself started college and its difficult to fit filming and lessons into one schedule.

8. Bearoness says:

He looks amazingly like Berton Averre of The Knack, back in the day. The cheekbones, especially.

9. ABBY says:

I really hope his not for Amber I was liking Amber/Ryan.

10. lariet50 says:

That picture scares the crap out of me.

11. liz says:

Guess they couldn’t be without a Ritter eh. Never seen anything he’s done, but Katims + Co wouldn’t hire him if he didn’t have some serious chops, so I’m looking forward to it. Always enjoy seeing musicians cross over into acting.

12. sweeet says:

This. Is. Amazing.!!!!! I love him and AMR so much. He’s gonna rock on Parenthood!

13. Joey says:

Great news! I love All American Rejects and Parenthood. I can’t wait to see Tyson in the new season.

14. Fabe says:

I wish Sarah Ramos (Haddie) would come back to Parenthood full time too. It was nice to see how two different girls of the same age in the same family could go down different paths.

15. betty lou says:

Wonder if he will be for Haddie?

16. Sophie says:

This is not an ‘EXLUSIVE’… The Huffington Post first reported the news ;)

17. Karen says:

Is this to make a live triangle for Amber and Ryan? I think it would be good to see what happens to A and R if they don’t go down the love triangle complication – how about young love that stays true?

18. Beth says:

Oh my gosh! I’ve been watching Parenthood, thinking he looks and sounds very familiar… kind of All American Reject’s lead singer :) And he is, I’m so happy I was right

• Key says:

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Glad I wasn’t the only one. Kind of disappointed that he doesn’t look so good, though. Is it age or the effects of touring heavily? In any event, he’s pretty good.