Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, New Girl, Glee, Castle, Flash, NCIS: LA, Scandal, SVU and More

NCIS Tony Ziva SpoilersWill an NCIS love’s exit rock Tony’s world? How might the NCIS: LA premiere torture fans? What loco antics has the New Girl gotten herself into? What aims The Flash at Arrow‘s world? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | NCIS Boss on Cote de Pablo’s Surprising Decision (‘I Really Wasn’t Planning for This’), Hints at ‘Romantic’ Exit Story

On NCIS, do you think “Tiva” will be together in the end? Or do you think it’ll be a kiss and then she leaves? I don’t think I could handle a depressed Tony if they weren’t together. –Samantha
Michael Weatherly hears your concern, and shares his own hope that Cote de Pablo’s double-episode send-off “is as cathartic and therapeutic for the fans as it was for me shooting it.” As for the oft-promised “appropriate closure,” this is all DiNozzo’s portrayer would tease: “When you want something for so long, and you want and you want and you want, and it almost gets warped because you’ve wanted it for maybe longer than anybody should ever want anything, and it’s sitting five feet from you in an office…. When that is dealt with, a dam breaks and it creates a fresh new and most importantly dynamic element to the show. That eight-year ‘holding pattern’ will be dealt with, but more important than that is what happens next. Where does Tony go after that? And [the answer to that] is the most exciting thing I’ve heard in a long time.”

I am looking for a job and I am a huge fan of NCIS. Can I take Ziva’s job? It looks like fun and I sure need that in my life! –Cheryl
Sure, just get behind the 50-year-old lady who’s at the head of the line of candidates.

I would like these ladies to take Ziva’s place: Kate Beckinsale and Milla Jovovich. –Clinton
What, no love for Cheryl above…?

What can NCIS: Los Angeles fans expect in the season premiere? –Anna
In short, “a great episode of television,” raves Eric Christian Olsen. As he elaborated for me, “This is the darkest and the most honest and the most vulnerable and the most heartbreaking episode for Deeks, but also for the other characters. The best scene that has ever been written for [Deeks and Sam] happens in the premiere; we’ve already filmed it, and [LL Cool J] is so good. And the most honest scene that Deeks and Kensi have ever had together happens in the premiere.” (I think I just gave Anna goosebumps.)

Help! All of us Scandal junkies need a fix! Anything? –Maggie
Here is anything, courtesy of Dan Bucatinsky aka Cy’s guy James. “[The season premiere] will feel seamless in terms of giving people exactly what they love about Scandal,” the Emmy-nominated actor/producer shares. “We come back and relationships are just as rich, and just as surprising, and just as tense. That’s what I noticed about the first script.” As for things between James and the hubs specifically, “It’s much as we left it. We are in a good place.”

Please find out any piece of scoop you can about Season 3 of New Girl! -Kas
Make sure your passport is in order (unlike, ahem, Nick’s), because the Fox comedy is heading south of the border for the season opener. The set-up: Jess and Nick embark on a romantic getaway to Mexico, only to meet mishap and misunderstanding after mishap and misunderstanding, resulting in (way) more than one tazing by a zap-happy security guard — which continues even after Schmidt & Co. come to the “rescue.”

RELATED | Castle Season 6 Casts Alphas and 24 Alums

Any new scoop about Castle? –Rachael
Hot off the presses, I’ve got a casting call for the multi-episode role of Frank “Sully” Sullivan, a new NYPD detective in his late 20s/early 30s who’s described as “a guy’s guy.” My question: Is the name Sully a nod to Nathan Fillion’s Monsters University gig? Remind me to ask Fillion tomorrow on set.

Law & Order: SVU addict here! Now that we know Mariska Hargitay renewed her contract for Season 15, is Dennis Duffy Dean Winters returning as well? Or will that relationship fizzle out like all her others? –Bernadette
Winters’ Brian Cassidy will be absolutely in the season premiere, which picks up right where the finale left off. In fact, it’s Cassidy who sounds the proverbial alarm when hours turn into days and (abducted) Benson oddly hasn’t returned any of his calls. Guest star Lauren Ambrose also returns in the two-hour Season 15 premiere, airing Sept. 25 at 9/8c.

How many episodes of Covert Affairs will there be this season before the break? –Deb
The original plan to run all 16 episodes straight has changed, I am told, but you have at least seven more to enjoy before any potential midseason hiatus.

When I first looked up details of this season of The Newsroom, I heard that there would be 12 episodes. But now I saw an article that said there would be only nine! What’s the real amount? –Ross
Sorry, I must say nein to that 12 rumor and confirm it is just nine, with the finale set for Sept. 15.

Do you know if the first three episodes of Glee before the hiatus are going to air in consecutive weeks? –Sofia
So many scheduling Qs this week! Yes, Fox boss Kevin Reilly today confirmed for me/you that Glee will open its season with three consecutive episodes, break for postseason baseball coverage, and then immediately return thereafter with as many as seven straight episodes.

RELATED | Arrow Meets The Flash: Powering Up, Casting Leads and More Questions Answered

I am beyond geeking out over the Arrow/The Flash crossover/spin-off news. Anything more to report? –Charlotte
I’ve got fresh intel on exactly what brings Central City PD CSI Barry Allen to Oliver’s orbit. The would-be speedster travels (not by foot, I assume) to Starling City while investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother’s years-ago murder — a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned.

Is Rookie Blue‘s Diaz really gone? He can’t be! His character was a great balance for the other characters. Also, it was so nice to have Luke back this past week — any chance he will be around for more episodes this summer? –G.D.
You will definitely see Luke again this summer. As for Diaz… well, you’ll just have to stay tuned to find out what happens to him.

Any scoop on my favorite Rookie Blue rookie, Sam? –Danny
This week marks the introduction of Al Sapienza (Person of Interest) as “the man and the police officer that Sam modeled himself on,” says EP Tassie Cameron, “and to hear some of Sam’s backstory through that relationship, and to watch him in a relationship with a father figure he respects very much, [is] very illuminating for that character.” In fact, you’ll even get a flashback of sorts – but no funky, retro wig — via “an old videotape of Sam conducting an early interrogation.”

I love Copper! Could I please get some Corky spoilers? –Jessica
Yes, but mind you, I am just the messenger: I am hearing that Corky is due to soon experience a devastating tragedy that will alter the trajectory of his life.

After Hallie’s death on Chicago Fire, Casey seemed to be holding it together at work, but it turns out he was falling apart in his personal life. Will he reach out for help or continue on his downward spiral? –Stephanie
The answer may not be as dramatic as you envision. Rather, I’m hearing that Casey deals with Hallie’s death privately, and then moves on.

We now know who’s been cast to play Samantha Jones on The CW’s The Carrie Diaries, but is there any scoop on who will play Carrie’s other Manhattan-based BFF, Stanford Blatch? – Dan
I wouldn’t hold your breath for Young Stanford’s arrival. As CW boss Mark Pedowitz said when asked about meeting other familiar faces, “This is the year that Carrie and Samantha first bond, and we’ll see what happens after that. But this is a year about Samantha.”

I would like any information you may have on Dallas and the upcoming Season 3. –Shonda
Josh “John Ross” Henderson took it upon himself to “announce” via Facebook that Season 3 will premiere in late February and air in two chunks — eight winter episodes, followed by seven in the summer. TNT however declined to confirm that news for me, and then Josh’s posting went MIA. Hmmmm.

If there’s a summer or fall show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com!

1. “investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother’s years-ago murder — a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned.” not that surprised.

• FlashFan says:

if anyone wasnt sure, every single DC project will now exist in the new dc 52. what a shame …

• Years ago Johns said that he wanted every version of the DC characters in other media. When it was announced that he was going to write the Arrow episode that introduced Huntress I worried that he would make her the daughter of Batman from Earth 2, which would have been extremely lame. Now I worry that his Barry will be a rehash of the one from the 60s.

• DeLouis says:

Dude I just want to say Ziva can not be replaced. She’s a bad Asssssss!!! It’s suck she had to leave:-(

• MWallace says:

Do you think they can talk ziva into coming back occasionally? It would be good for the fans knowing maybe she would be back on a few shows instead of leaving totally.

2. Andy says:

Matt, when you’re talking to Nathan tomorrow on set, could you ask about this contract dispute of his? I think many, myself included, would like to know what’s going on. We’ve been getting a lot of casting news, and yet we haven’t been distracted from the topic on our minds.

• Nev827 says:

I think that’s nobody business but Nathan’s. And nobody else has been commenting on it, so I doubt he will.

• D-fm says:

Andrew Marlowe alreadt said that the shooting has resumed and is going smoothly; they are all looking forward to a great season six. That’s all we really need to know. Honestly dont hold your breath for any answers esp direct statements now. We’ll probably never really find out the whole truth. Just enjoy the show when it comes back in Sept :)

• scooby says:

Yeah, if Nathan suddenly ends up with a producer credit, that’ll answer that question. Otherwise, I’m not sure we’ll know, and he’ll just give you some canned polite brush off if you ask. I doubt the four day week happens, at least not all the time. He’s the title character, he’s in most scenes, and hour dramas are almost always shooting into the wee hours on Fridays.

3. Aleksalynn says:

A devastating tragedy on Copper? Please tell me they aren’t going to kill Annie….

• CBWBDK1 says:

I was thinking the same thing.

• A.B. says:

Maybe his wife?…

• laniek66 says:

I think its going to be Ellen. I have a feeling she is going to take her own life. So, he will lose her and the baby in one fell swoop. And Maguire will blame him this time for driving her away and over the edge. Copper really has settled in this year to the point where we are starting to learn the characters, their motives and why they do things. Love it.

• kath says:

It seems like there is nothing but devastating tragedies on Copper this season. It’s become such a downer.

• lainiek66 says:

Sometimes you have to be at your lowest to get to your highest point. I for one love the twists in Copper this season. I like that we know enough about characters at this point to understand their motivations and what drives them to act the way they do. With all the darkness, there are still flashes of humor and tender moments too. And, I truly hope we get a Season 3 to keep it going.

• Lisa says:

It’s about the human condition. What about 5 Points living: poverty, hate, civil war, many forms of civil unrest, unsanitary conditions,, dirty dealings and lawlessness make anyone expect Little House On The Prairie type story lines? The characters seem very real to me and I end up caring for all of them. Is the reality for these people much different for the characters of, let’s say, HBO’s ‘The Wire’? Yes and no.

• laniek66 says:

I agree. It is a gritty look at a time and place in Manhattan that is so rarely covered in media. For me, I enjoy the realness and sometimes desperate things that people did during that time to cope and survive. 5 Points was kind of like the Wild Wild West of Manhattan. This week’s ending was particularly gripping. People who are not watching Copper are really missing out.

• Mary S says:

Wasn’t it his wife who committed suicide?? Don’t tell me there will be yet another tragedy!

• Mary S says:

Ok, I am more than a month late in posting this and the tragedy foretold has already happened. That’s what I get for not checking the date on the article. Sorry ’bout that!

4. CJ says:

So Lauren Ambrose will be back on the SVU premiere, but what about Pablo Schreiber’s totally creeptastic villain?

• Jess says:

Pablo is back too. He started filming his scenes for the premiere on Wednesday. He likes to tease SVU fans on twitter.

• CJ says:

Thanks for the info, Jess & svufan :) Pablo Schreiber is such an incredible actor, and with that cliffhanger I figured he’d be back. Could have been tricky with him filming Orange is the New Black though which is why I wasn’t sure.

• svufan says:

Absolutely, the last we saw him he was holding Liv hostage in her apartment..

Not too thrilled that Cassidy is in the premeire but he won’t be in anymore episodes after that, dean has a new show out due this fall, poor Liv was getting bored of him in the finale. After all it’s just a stupid fling not a real romance.

Poor Liv, trapped with this psychopath rapist.

• Bensidy says:

Um, Dean’s pilot didn’t get picked up and there’s a likelihood that he WILL be in more episodes. He’s pretty popular with the fans and him and Liv seem happy together. If she was so bored with him, she would’ve broken it off already. The writers have acknowledged that Olivia and Brian are a good fit and I really hope he stays. They’re adorable together and after the hell Lewis will put her through, she’s going to need him more than ever.

• Marissa says:

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve read regarding that pairing but I guess it fits considering your name on here. You’re obviously not watching the same show I am and the person above.

• JEst says:

They could easily claim that since your opinion differs from theirs it is you and those agree with you who are “obviously not watching the same show.” What it boils down to is a difference of opinion. Just because you apparently think that the world revolves around your views and that opposing ones are dumb, doesn’t mean that that they are.

• Lynne says:

And it says she was abducted..im afraid to watch!

5. Dee says:

Please, for the love of god, please, stop talking about that NCIS topic. Give it a rest.

Move on, there are other characters and story lines to report on.

I beg you :(

• Danyelle says:

Um, the female lead of TV’s biggest show has quit. There are going to be stories, LOL. Click away if you can’t stand them.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

snort – now that’s making it sound like she’s some really important person on the show….ROFL

all she was – a member of an ensemble cast who decided to leave. Bye bye – don’t let the door hit you on the way out

• agentscully514 says:

really important as in the lead female. yes, and the noise is not going to stop any time soon. You might want to a new hobby away from the internet for the next few months.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

Her acting was….unimpressive….
            the tedious tiva tease has been puke worthy for years now. Why the show panders to fans that simply make noise is beyond me.
            If this show is truly aimed to women, they need to focus on their strength.

• srsly says:

Lead female as in lead, the heavy metal that drags stuff down, yes. She was one of an ensemble and that is all. Ciao, Ziva! Now that your scene is done, pack your bags and get out. It’s just too bad it didn’t happen 4 years ago! NCIS can only get better now.

• svufan says:

They did the same when Chris Meloni left SVU, even to this day there’s too many people whining about wanting him to come back. He hasn’t since he left three years ago.

It’s not such a big deal when an actor/actress leaves a tv show, c’mon think about it they want to move onto other projects, it’s not anything against the show or the fans. They want variety and a chance to do other things..

• CA says:

Let them talk about it. After episode 2 of this season, chances are really good TVLine will never do another spoiler or tease or even mention NCIS anyways.
      It was all about wanking ziva and the tiva all the time.
      Ziva is gone!
      R.I.P. to the tiva!

Free Tony!!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Oh, is that your prediction? Care to wager some money on it? ;)

• Darlene says:

I hope you will continue to mention NCIS after Episode 2. Wouldn’t want to bet against you not doing that!

Free Tony!

• NoChance says:

Hi Matt,
          I’ll take your wager. Of course I don’t have an real money to send so how about a large Symphony Chocolate Bar? (no nuts).
          Now of course if you already have insider information all bets are off because that would be cheating.

• NoChance says:

Edit. Just made myself sound like an idiot. I have every faith that you’ll report on ‘NCIS’ for many years to come and hope you’re the one to introduce us to whomever Gibbs eventually chooses to fill the 4th chair.

• Katie says:

I like sassy Matt.

• Mimi says:

I know for sure that, during these years many people (including me) asked you spoiler about Tony and no-tiva related, but you never answer us.
          Surprise us!
          Give us a Tony’s spoiler that has nothing to do with tiva and/or Ziva and we won’t bet against you LOL

• srsly says:

We’d love for you to continue, but you have to understand your track record has been a bit of a disappointment for the rest of us. We understand you get more site hits from such a polarizing thing, but your pandering to a group of nasty, entitled fans for so long is part of what led to the incredibly sociopathic acrimony now. As her own fans so clearly demonstrate, Ziva was never a good role model and the abusive theme running through the T/Z arc was such a deplorable message to encourage.

• agentscully514 says:

considering the waves of upset fans who continue posting on the facebook page by the hour, I’d say this is the dumbest wager ever.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

reading your posts here I’m betting you are a Ziva and a Tiva fan so let me guess – that would be you, your friends and all your various accounts? Whe.never I’ve been to the NCIS FB page, it’s always very general with much love for the whole show

• weatherlywatcher49 says:

Amen – Free Tony! Give him back his relationships with the rest of the cast, especially Gibbs and Abby. The Tony/Gibbs dynamic and friendship is what kept me watching all these years – even though it has been unimpressive of late due to the wanking of certain characters and supposed relationships, and the Abby/Tony scenes have been non-existent. They have wasted the wonderful chemistry between Michael and Pauley, and Mark, and the chemistry Michael has with ALL the characters on NCIS – I myself will be glad when the two eps are over, and NCIS goes on – and Tony will be free!

• Alisa Neely says:

i agree totally…..i hope, that tony moves on from it and can ACTUALLY GROW and be seen as the WONDERFUL AGENT that he is…..there ARE other characters/actors on the show…..how about giving them some SCREEN TIME?

• BJG says:

Amen! RIP Tiva.

6. JAA says:

Matt, will you be interviewing Stana as well?

7. Just one thing says:

So… how many more characters are they planning on adding to Castle? :P I feel like they’re reaching Grey’s Anatomy “Cast of a Thousand Characters” status over there.

• liz says:

its like there’s a challenge in tv land for Most Bloated Cast…. Greys, Once Upon a Time and True Blood seem to be leading the pack. With Glee at their heels.

• eridapa says:

Matt,

Can you also ask this Frank Sullivan if by any chance is he related to a Tim “Sully” Sullivan who used to work for the FBI and came close to winning Brennan’s heart….

Come on… I know “Sully” is a common nickname for Sullivans, but AM and company should do their best to avoid the Bones similarities..

• DarkDefender says:

More likely the new characters are being spread out throughout the season. Beckett says yes, all is well.. But they continue to have real couple issues..
      More ensemble means Castle (and presumable Beckett) isn’t in every scene and NF deserves the compressed work week (as a result) so he doesn’t get burnt out and look fatigued like he seemed to do at the end of season 5…

• LL624 says:

He doesn’t deserve a shortened work week any more than any one else. They already do 12-15 hour days as it is. They would have to add more hours to shorten the days. Too much trouble.

I really don’t want to see a more ensemble show, new characters or old. I hate the Espo/Ryan focused eps. I’m here for Castle & Beckett only, Marlowe. Stick to your bread and butter!

• DarkDefender says:

Result = burnt out actors who can’t hide the fatigue well. No Bueno.
          I want my Caskett energetic, romantic and on the road to happiness (even if there are dramatic road bumps). Most people cannot do what they do, I’m okay if they get paid well for it. An ensemble oriented season allows for this and those “other character focus” episodes have been great.

8. Kristin says:

Chris Diaz is not gone from Rookie Blue. The press release, from ABC, for episode 10 mentions him. He was also seen filming, in uniform, the week that the finale was filmed. The info is out there (specifically the ABC press release), so I don’t know why you can’t just be straight up with people.

9. Darlene says:

Free Tony!

10. Kathy says:

Did “Castle” become a spinoff and I missed the memo? All I’m hearing and seeing is about casting spoilers for guest stars recurring cast. All seemingly having to do w. Beckett’s new job in DC. I feel like the premise of the show is changing. Sorry but I’m not interested in watching Beckett: Federal Agent or back door pilot for a Lisa Elderstein show. *sigh*

• JAA says:

You not only missed the memo but you’re also wrong about Castle turning into Beckett: Federal Heat. You should pay more attention to spoilers.

• Kathy says:

Spoilers thus far have been of the guest star nature so it’s possible I missed any actual s/l spoilers. Other than Beckett will give Castle a yes or no ans. to his proposal {should be no b.c neither is ready for marriage.}.

Also: I said Beckett: Federal Agent not Beckett: Federal Heat.

• Just one thing says:

This Castle casting news is indeed about an NYPD detective not a DC agent, so your concern that the show is focusing too much on Beckett: Federal Agent should hopefully be assuaged…
          It would appear they’re beefing up characters in all three areas:
          1.) Castle loft with Alexis’ new, recurring fling, Pi.
          2.) DC with at least three recurring characters for the first few episodes.
          3.) And now New York, with a guy who may or may not be Beckett’s replacement.
          I’m a bit overwhelmed by the number of new characters, to be honest. And I like ensembles. If anything though, the show isn’t becoming a spin-off, it’s just shifting focus in a major way from the two leads.
          It’ll be interesting to see how the audience responds to that.

• Kathy says:

Yes, I read that s6 will be more ensemble. I have no problem w. that but I would like to be the ensemble cast of characters that I’ve come to love.
            We’re 5 seasons in and still no back story on Lanie. I find that ridiculous. How about flushing out Gates more?
            All I’m saying.

• Just one thing says:

@Kathy —
            I don’t think many fans would disagree with you that focusing on the existing ensemble cast is preferable to doubling the entire cast (at least for the first few episodes).
            It was your comment about the show focusing too much on Beckett and likening it to a spin-off that got my attention. I feel like enough information is out there now for viewers to recognize that this shift is storytelling is a requirement moving forward.
            The Castle character isn’t going anywhere, and it is unlikely the show will go all Beckett.

• D-fm says:

Federal Heat is a joke that comes from the show itself. Castle said it in s2.
          As for the proposal answer, we already know what it is because pictures of them shooting it were leaked.
          But dont think Castle wont be involved in the crime solving. AWM has teased that he will be. So dont worry abt it turning into a federal agent show. Its probably just a story arc.

• Badpenny says:

WE also know it because the guy playing PI leaked his audition practice video onto YouTube where he states it. :)

• Mike says:

Imagine if Columbo, or Magnum P.I. or James Bond decided to make their scripts less about the the main character, the writers would be called crazy! Pushing Castle into a cast of other characters makes no sense! It is causing viewers to turn on the other characters, because they are getting less of Castle. He rolls with the Mayor, he is a multi-millionaire, he has an amazing mind. Kate or who ever does not compare. By making it turn from Castle they are killing the show. Brining in other characters is not c reative, time to bunker down focus on Rick, he is the show!

• G says:

The show stopped being about Castle (or even Kate AND Castle) a long time ago LOL. I started noticing the shift in season 3, and by season 4 it just became ridiculous how much NOT about the title character it got. Since then I only watch it sporadically and looks like it only got worse in that respect (and many other respects too). “Cfstle rolls with the Mayor, he is a multi-millionaire”, he’s a writer, he has friends and fans etc? When you last saw that? In season 3? LOL So it’s not like they are changing it all suddenly for season 6, they stopped doing anything with their title character ages ago. Too bad as I always thought he had the potential to be a far more interesting character than Kate, whose kind is, frankly, a dime a dozen on cop shows.

• KHorn says:

G, I disagree that they haven’t done anything with Castle’s character since Season 3. They’ve made him into a bumbling dufus doormat.

• gg says:

Good one, KHorn.
            Guess that was a piece of “character development” they just couldn’t pass, it was so convenient for their Kate plans LOL.

• gg says:

* that’s me, G. I forgot how many initials I used LOL.

11. Tav says:

I really just need it to be spoiled/leaked whether Tony and Ziva get it on before she leaves. So far there’s been a lot of talk but not much assurance that there’ll be a legit Tiva pay-off.
    Eight years, man, eight years…

• ninamags says:

Pathetic, man, pathetic

• From reading that I’d say they are totes hooking up

• agentscully514 says:

I’m looking forward to the wails from the complainers.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens if they do not ‘hook up’

• John says:

They hooked up in Paris: and from the total lack of apparent follow up they were not impressed. So I’d say the “closure” is a flashback scene of them remarking how glad they were to have gotten THAT out of the way, and then they head to the Paris airport for the flight home…. cleanly explaining all the following years of NOT-Tiva and leaving both characters intact and content. Mopey Tony need not apply.

Whatever they do, just…
      Free Tony! Let him shake those shackles off his feet so he can dance!

• M3rc Nate says:

Amen, its sad that it takes Cody leaving for the show to shake up and actually start making some creative decisions. They would have kept that Tiva “Holding patter” going for another 8 years if they could…but shes leaving so they (writers, showrunner) are forced to make changes and use Ziva leaving to create new story lines and cause character development.

NCIS LA is doing it right, that Densi kiss was right on the spot, i just hope they dont back-track from it or take it SUPER SUPER slow and stretch out their “flirting” and stuff for another 3 seasons….what ECOlsen teases i can totally see being true (considering the kiss, the torture in the season finale) so i cant wait for NCIS LA to come back.

• JC says:

Yes, I loved the Densi kiss. And I agree that the Kensi/Deeks relationship has (so far) been far better done than the Tony/Ziva relationship ever was. I’ve been far more engaged by watching that relationship grow over the last three years than I was in seven years of Tony and Ziva’s holding pattern (I didn’t watch most of S10). Of course, admittedly some of that has to do with the fact that I like Kensi and Deeks as characters individually far more than I ever liked Tony or Ziva. *shrugs*

• srsly says:

Since tiva was never legit to begin with, why would they do it now?

Free Tony!

• charli says:

god let’s hope not! I say, the quicker Ziva leaves, the better… and don’t let the door hit you in the *** when u go

12. Me says:

It’s going to take DAYS before anyone realizes Olivia is missing?!? He had that other woman for 18 hours and he raped, tortured, burned, and branded her. I’m so scared for Liv. Taking her out of her apartment isn’t part of the guy’s MO, though. Then again, he did abduct a cop. All bets are off.

13. katy917 says:

So, so excited about NCIS:LA – can’t wait to see the premiere and really excited for the Deeks/Sam and Deeks/Kensi story lines to play out – LOVED the finale :)

14. Em says:

Only 5 episodes of the newsroom left after Sunday’s airs?! Geez. I’m really enjoying this season, I had the minor issue here and there last season but S2 is proving to be a solid and interesting season. All I can say is that some actual progress on the ‘will x mac’ front would be fantastic. Love to see this season end with s

15. Beth says:

So happy to hear about Chicago Fire and especially Casey. While I am a Dawson/Casey shipper I am glad to hear they are not jumping in right away, but if it takes all season I might get a little impatient :). Can’t wait for season 2!

• HeatherC says:

I’m right there with you! I love Dawson & Casey too but definitely don’t want things to go too fast. Glad to see the CF scoop and bring on season two! =)

• Kate says:

Same. Looking forward to season 2. I can’t believe how many times this darn show made me cry in its first season.

16. Krystal says:

sounds like the haters are sad that Tiva will finally be canon & theres nothing they can do about it. Wonder how they will work that little bit of canon into their Tony/Gibbs BDSM shipping? They can scream ‘Free Tony’ all they want – won’t change the fact that Tiva happens! It must really boil your gourd to see MW say that Tony wants Ziva and has for a VERY long time!

• Darlene says:

Actually, no…though I’m sure you’d love to see our heads explode over it. I really don’t care about Tiva canon as long as Tony is free of her in the end.

Fly, Tony, Fly!

• Anita says:

Darlene,are you sure you are reading the same spoiler? Surprise for you: No free Tony for your BDSM stories.Never was – never will be! Get over.And my prediction – they will keep mentioning Ziva and using Tiva as long as they can to keep part of fans in the show.Why not – it’s business after all.
        And I think I would make more money then you if I wager some on it.Want to try, naive poor hater.

• Darlene says:

Why all the hate, Anita? And why the assumption that I ship Gibbs/Tony? Or is that just your tactic to dismiss/belittle my opinion? How small of you.
          The last time I got into a discussion concerning predictions, I predicted that Cote was leaving NCIS…and got belittling comments complete with ‘lol’s all over the place telling me I was engaging in wishful thinking. Tell me again how that worked out…
          Hey, if it’s your preference to watch every episode of NCIS in Season 11 to see if Ziva is mentioned or if Tony is still in mourning, be my guest. Me? I’ll be celebrating Tony’s freedom.
          Free Tony!

• srsly says:

Because Anita can’t handle that people can not like Ziva because of the actual character. That’s why. It’s a tired, old assumption by the Ziva fans that anyone who disagrees with them is one of only 8 fat, bigoted, lesbians who ship G/D and practice BDSM. LOL!!!! Oh, really?! Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Anita. Give my regards to the rest of your entitled bully buddies. Hey, you can always sign the petition a few more times to make yourself feel better!

• Lydia says:

So sad the way Ziva/tiva fans are clinging to little eensy weensy hopes. Their queen has jumped ship. It’s time to move on to the next shiny object.

• yes, she's gone says:

It’s really sad when you can’t think of another insult than the ones that have been thrown at us for years. Tony is one of my favorites, I don’t write or read BDSM stories. Now that the anvil has been taken away from around Tony’s neck, I’m hoping we can get the “best agent that Gibbs ever worked with” back and we won’t have to wonder what stupid thing the writers will have him do so that z can again look smarter and better than him. Now that the little iva is gone, Tony will be free to be himself instead of the whipping boy he has become because if her.

• Alisa Neely says:

i think MW was MADE to say that…..because all along, he has been AGAINST the idea of TIVA being together…..he know what that can DO to a show…..because he’s seen it with his own 2 eyes on another show he did in the past……we ANTI-TIVA/ZIVA people: are just THRILLED to be rid of the whole mess…..by the end of ziva’s time; she was GIVING the SFA orders as if she was ABOVE him….and they had to dumb down tony, to make her look good……it’s time for the tptb and writers to FOCUS on the OTHER characters, unlike they had done during the time ziva was there.

• srsly says:

I think MW knows what he is saying. It’s all in how you interpret it. Soon, we won’t have to see her ever again and they aren’t going to hamstring one of their main characters with a behind the scenes pairing only a small, nasty contingent want. This change will free the show. I’m hoping the writer changes will also spell new hope for the talented cast of 7.

• JohnB says:

They even had to turn all characters into criminals to make Ziva’s criminal behavior (since her arrivale) look right and her revenge acceptable. Blech!

I hope that S11 ratings debacle (only Tuesday without DVR) made tptb open their eyes and realize that we want to see a show about a team of NCIS Federal Agents and not about a gang of criminals.

• Alisa Neely says:

I agree with ya…ziva DIDN’T help the show….she HURT IT…..and why so many others can’t see that, i’ll never know….when characters have to be changed to the point of being a shell of their former self to make a NEW character look good….then there is something wrong to begin with……i CAN’T honestly believe, that tim would have gone along with turning off his comm while providing backup for tony….if it had been kate or another agent with him…..while tony has played jokes on him…..he has NEVER left him without backup in the field……and the fact that SOME ( not you of course), actually thought it was funny….bothers me GREATLY…..and people wanting tony with someone who’s first thought on how handle things is to go for VIOLENCE….there’s something wrong with that thinking as well.

• Jeox says:

Well, to be fair, the huge amount of Tony/Gibbs fanfic stories out there aren’t ALL BDSM, Krystal ;-). There’s also angst, hurt/comfort, fluff, PWP, and, of course, a TON of plain ol’ loving slashy romance. It’s a massive online ship with a wide variety of fanfic stretching back ten years. It’s the first ship on the show, popular right from the beginning. The BDSM fics are great fun though, Krystal, for sure! All that Tibbsian head slapping on the show over the years has to mean something, right? Thank you for the shout out to our corner of the world! It’s lovely to be mentioned!

• Jeox says:

PS Free Tony! Even if only so Gibbs can put him in a pair of fluffy handcuffs and go all BDSMy on him ;-)

• rotflol says:

ZOMG, so very well put! At least G/D shippers don’t wave their 10+ years as a reason to feel entitled. Other ships aren’t why Ziva is an awful character, she is an awful character by her own demerits.

As for BDSM, these accusations are typically being made by people who do not begin to understand the dynamic of TPE. Besides, don’t knock Tony in fishnets until you ‘see’ it! He’s got great legs! Toodles, Ziva!

Free Tony!

• agentscully514 says:

they want him to remove the shackles, so that Gibbs can tie him up. Me, if I hate a character, I don’t watch the show.

• as524 says:

That would be different if she were the star of the show. Ziva has never been the star of NCIS – the character is unable to carry an episode without really on Gibbs, Tony or whatever guest character she plays with to hold the storyline up

• elana says:

By episode 3 Ziva will be gone. Tiva fans can yell and scream at every cast member and associate of NCIS as much as they like but the actor still quit and the show is still going ahead with her, Tiva fans are just going to have to face the fact that Cote and the rest of the cast have lives and jobs that don’t revolve around tiva and which they all intend to get on with, regardless of the tears, tantrums, paperclips.and death threats being thrown at them. For Tiva fans its definitely time to put on those big girl panties.

• Lauren says:

I don’t know why you assume all people who don’t want Tiva want Tibbs or BDSM, or any ship for that matter. I don’t want *any* ships on the show. But please continue being rude and making base assumptions.

• as524 says:

Many apologies Lauren….but just so you understand – the basis for the assumption is that there are only maybe 10 people out of the entire fandom isn’t a fan of a tiva romance and that’s because of the assumption that she comes between Gibbs & Tony

• Lauren says:

I suspect there are rather more than “10 people” in the entire fandom who don’t want Tiva and aren’t fans of online ships between the characters. That’s another assumption, and one that isn’t quantifiable. I know *at least* 10 people–people who never go online and visit the discussion groups, don’t vote in the online polls, don’t send pro- or anti-ship Tweets to the writers–who don’t want to see Tiva.

• as524 says:

Well YOU know that and I know that…unfortunately there’s just no changing the minds of some. They’ve been catered to and fed by online spoiler sites and 2 showrunners for so long now that they don’t know how to be anything but favored, entitled & demanding.

• Lauren says:

Agreed. In the meantime, all the other characters were back-burnered. For the last several seasons, the other characters were lucky to get their “once-a-season” featured episode, and even then they usually tried to shoehorn in a Tiva scene.

• james says:

Just started reading these comments-At a loss figuring out what BDSM, ship, TPE and PWP refer to????

• charli says:

you sure he was talking about Ziva in that comment…maybe he was talking about Gibbs…lol

17. Jeox says:

“When you want something for so long, and you want and you want and you want, and it almost gets warped because you’ve wanted it for maybe longer than anybody should ever want anything, and it’s sitting five feet from you in an office….”

OH! How LOVELY that Tony is finally going to admit his feelings for Gibbs! I know that’s the love story *I* have been watching for the past 10 years… ;-) ;-) ;-)

MW must feel like a weight has been lifted from his shoulders with the lead weight of Tiva finally going out of his life :-).

FREE TONY!!!

• Dee says:

Oh my goodness!!!! I love your post.

Totally!!! There is a special connection there, isn’t it?

And for Krystal up above: you are doing plenty of assuming. As if Ziva even EXISTS in the fanfiction world. LOL

:P

• Kate says:

Oh my god. Oh my god. I KNEW IT! FINNNAAALLLYYY I’m going to get what I’ve waited TEN YEARS to see happen. It’s the ONLY reason I watch. They OWE it to me! Thank you NCIS for giving me what I deserve!
      FREE TONY!!!

18. Annette Cox says:

This for the people who have not watched NCIS from day 1. I’ve watched the ratings go up to #1 after ziva came on. I love mark Michael pauley Sean & rocky but Ziva has made Tony grow up & Tony has lightened Ziva up. There has been stories for everyone this season, it’s just not satisfying to end what is a unique couple. My wish is that she comes back in guest appearances & at the end of the show. I think this last year of this show to go out on top. This has been my show for 10yrs, I don’t think they should bring on anyone else. Gibbs says this is a family then leave the family alone don’t replace Ziva, focus on the rest of the cast and leave the desk empty.

• Darlene says:

It’s been my show for ten years, too. And I’m looking forward to the various people that will parade through that desk (ala ‘Murphy Brown’ secretaries). I think that will be fun, light-hearted, and return NCIS to the funny, quirky show it used to be, not the heavy, soap opera drama it has become.
      With regard to Tony’s contribution to Ziva’s self-improvement and vice versa – hey, that’s great (though I disagree to a great extent). But our lives are filled with people who are only with us for a season. People move in and out of our lives all the time, and we can be grateful for their contributions to our lives for that moment in time, but in the end, the only thing that matters is…
      Free Tony!!

• Badpenny says:

Viewership really took off in Season 6. That’s when it went from 14th rank to 5th. That’s also the point where the show was now heavily into syndication and millions more people who’d never seen it before started watching it. Syndication bump is huge for a lot of shows. That’s not taking anything away from Ziva, but syndication always buffs good shows in later seasons.

• BJG says:

I started watching NCIS in S6 because of the USA Marathons and it wasn’t because of Ziva, it was because of Gibbs. I couldn’t care less for Ziva or Tiva or the Mossad storyline. I think these all changed the other characters for the worst. Gunny Gibbs became Daddy Gibbs. Tony became the other half of Tiva – not his own person. Abby became baby Abby. McGee became snarky.

I’m really looking forward to S11. And yes, I’m looking forward to Free Tony.

• Badpenny says:

Gibbs became “daddy Gibbs” because he’s old. The guy is going to be 62 next season. He is old enough to be everyone else’s father. That’s why they treat him like a father. :)
          And to be perfectly honest I find it implausible that people would go this long and not be in committed relationships and married; not necessarily to each other, but just in general. Law Enforcement tends to have one of the highest marriage rates, yet if you watch crime procedurals on TV you’d think everyone in them were all monks that hated the other sex. :)

• BJG says:

Jus because you’re old doesn’t put you in a daddy stereotype. He is their BOSS, not their Father. Bring back the former Marine, the former Gunny. He’s someone they could look up too.

Yes 8 years & not in a committed relationship should tell you something that they don’t want to be in a committed relationship. Maybe as they have both pointed out that they are just friends, co-workers, partners. & law enforcement may have the highest marriage rate but I’m going to assume that they also have the most infidelity rate (been there done that; still see it with friends).

• as524 says:

Actually badpenny, you are confusing the actor with the character. Gibbs is not in his 60’s but in his 50’s – per NCIS Field Agent requirements.

Much in the same way Ziva is not the age that Cote is, Tim is not Sean’s age, Tony is not Michael’s age, Abby is not Pauley’s etc

• agentscully514 says:

I watch for Ziva. I couldn’t care less about Gibbs. TONY and Ziva both became better people because of each other. Abby regressed to a 12 year old. Tim has actually been fun to watch.

• elana says:

Ziva joined the team by committing a murder looks like she will be going out because of another one. In what way is she a better person for her 8 years with NCIS?

• Lloyd says:

I agree. This is the problem I have had for several seasons–the complete mangling of previously well-developed characters who were changed to make them fit into the ill-contrived “Tiva” construct. I enjoyed the show more when it was about a team of law enforcement officers investigating Navy and Marine crimes. I hope to see more of that again.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

geez – even Shane Brennan is smart enough to acknowledge that the ratings jumped due to USA and not ziva or tiva

19. Annette says:

It saddens me to here people say free Tony. Please he has had a pretty sexual life on NCIS, like the arms dealers daughter & the many others he has repeatedly talk about. He needs to grow up, he even said that himself about wanting something more. I think in his heart that is Ziva, you heard Michael even say that DeNozzo has wanted Ziva for so long. Maybe they could hook up and when the show ends as I suspect it will, she could come back in the last episode with a little DeNozzo. You never no? Wish she wasn’t leaving. It would have been interesting to see how Gibbs rule of not dating would have played out. Don’t fill the desk, she could come back.

• Darlene says:

I’m sorry you’re so sad. But why should Tony be tied to a character who is gone?!! He needs to acknowledge whatever feelings he has for Ziva, then move on. He needs to be free. That doesn’t mean he is not without love in his life. I’ve seen couples who have been married happily for 50 years and, when one of them dies, the other goes on to find love and fulfillment with another. What’s wrong with that? It happens all the time!

Free Tony!

• ClassicNCISfan says:

the operative word you used is talk…in actuality it appears that ziva has slept with more people on the show than Tony has….must really be true love for tiva considering how faithful she’s been

• Annette says:

Really, you must not watch the same show as I’ve been watching. Don’t slam Ziva, Tony would go into details with Kate until she told him he was gross and a womanizer. Watch the first 2yrs, you will understand then.

• elana says:

Yes. I’ve watched Ziva have a run of one night stands, most of them with murder suspects. Mcgee has had a fair few over the last few years. Tony? not so many. For all his tail pulling of Kate he appears to have by far the strongest moral code of any of them.

• agentscully514 says:

good old double standards. His character IS a womanizer. Ziva has helped him grow up.

• elana says:

If you think a man who sleeps with several women is a womanizer how do you classify a woman who sleeps with even more men and including exchanging sex for information?

• lizzy90 says:

We’ve heard about Tony’s many one-night stands, but we’ve seen Ziva one-night stands. So, if Tony’s a womanizer, what Ziva is? ;)

Ziva didn’t help Tony to grow up.
          She helped him to withdraw into himself more and wear even more mask to defend himself from her meanness and disrespect. To Ziva Tony is “a class-clown” and she “loves him for that”, because a serious, focused Tony makes her (and McGee) look bad.
          Ziva is… was (yesss!) too self-centered to understand the smart, sensitive, complex and amazing man behind the mask. She was too arrogant to acknowledge “the best young Agent” Gibbs “has ever work with that likes to hide behind a face of a clown”.

Free Tony from the burden and let him have his life and his true personality back!

• srsly says:

Which is worse, a man who admits to sleeping around a bit but treats those women with respect and empathy, or a woman who uses men sexually for her own ends and not a care in the world for them whatsoever as long as her needs are met?

There is all kinds of very much expected irony to Tony being attacked by supposed tiva lovers. Further proof of what we’ve known all along; that tiva is all about Ziva and he’s just there to further service the shrill harpy and her minions and nothing else. Free Tony!

20. Mary says:

I started watching “Castle” because I enjoy procedurals and liked the premise of the show, a cop and a writer solving crimes together, the key word being TOGETHER. Now, the premise seems tio be changing, but so far looks to me these new castings are recurring caracthers not regular ones; and I haven´t read anything going further than the first 3 or 4 episodes…so I won´t say much.
    Truth is, if the premise of the show changes too much and we won´t have Castle and Beckett working together along with the precinct anymore, I surely won´t be watching on a regular basis, because the essence of what got my interest will be gone:(

21. Diane says:

NCISLA scoop looks great! Hope we don’t have to wait until one of the stars leave before we get some movement in the Deeks/Kensi relationship.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

I’m sure you’ll be fine with Shane Brennan still in charge there….it was when he was in charge at NCIS that he pushed tiva so far forward that it took over the show

22. Annette says:

This is not a comedy nor is it like Murphy brown. Is is a Drama Series. If you want Tony free then so be it. I am just saying that instead of filling the desk, let it stay empty and give Abby or McGee or even Vance a story. Gibbs could get a love life. Get back to the murders & cases which are dramas. I think this truely is the last season of this show. Its been #1 for sometime now & most shows like to go out on top, look at SUV not #1, but ;if NCIS wants to go out on top this Is the11th season I don’t think they will push it. This my #1 show of all time and I hope I am wrong, but losing as Gibbs puts it a family member you don’t replace them. Yes people come and go in our lives, but there is a huge void left you can’t replace so don’t try. Maybe she will return who no’s. Hopefully what ever happens it stays a Drama series not a comedy show.

• as524 says:

Well it’s been a soap opera for far too many years now….

Days of Our Ziva, bringing you weekly episodes telling the stories of our tragic heroine as she changes her backstory to fit the latest episode, stalking and making eyes at the 2IC like he was a piece of fresh meat while she jumps into bed with the latest suspect – if she doesn’t kill him of course.

23. Many of us don’t care where Tony goes after that…. Maybe if he worked for a network that paid their actresses as well as their actors?

• ncis4evr says:

Pauley P makes the same salary as Michael Weatherly, so what’s your point? You don’t “know” what Ms de Pablo’s contract issues were, so your accusations are simply speculation and have no merit.

• agentscully514 says:

no one knows what she really makes. I doubt VERY much she makes the same as Weatherly. she is only a supporting actress. she doesn’t even have to be on set half the time.

• John says:

Her (Pauley) Q ratings could influence her pay: she’s been the most popular actor in prime time in the Q Ratings in past years

• Annette says:

I agree with you on that. I don’t believe they tried to keep her by throwing money at her. If that happened then I don’t think she would have waited til a week before the show resumed taping to tell them she wasn’t coming back. They are covering their butts to keep the fans happy and put the blame on Cote. Even her cast mates were shocked & did not no til the last minute. Actors do get more money than actresses:(

• Whatever says:

You may not believe it but there is no evidence to contradict their statements. Do you seriously think MH would stand by and not make a statement by now if she was screwed over by the network? Considering CdP’s own management has yet to refute any of the statements made shows they are true. Don’t hold up what happened with Criminal Minds as proof of sexism if you don’t know the facts of the case. You’ll just look foolish. Additionally, since CBS did not gag the actors in the Criminal Minds case, if you use it to *argue* sexism, you cannot use it to prove CBS would have gagged CdP. You can’t have it both ways. I’m looking forward to seeing that fourth seat filled by somebody else. Moving forward! Free Tony!

• Pat says:

I care where Tony goes after that. . . but I know that many “tiva” fans were basically Ziva fans who looked at Tony as a flattering accessory for Ziva rather than the multi dimensional and adult character he originally was.. Since when is $120,000 for 8 days of work not good compensation? And she was offered more, and more again. I know that many of Ziva’s most rabid fans could care less about facts as long as they can whine about her poor poor victimhood, but this gal is NOT a victim.

• agentscully514 says:

I am a fan of Tony and Ziva individually. I am also a fan of their complex relationship. Take one of them away, and two thirds of why I like the show is gone.

• as524 says:

So you’d be completely fine if they left the storyline with them as friends? You don’t NEED to see a tiva relationship before she leaves & to know they are together offscree?

• Lauren says:

People are going on and on about how she left because she wasn’t paid enough but none of us really know why she left. For all we know she was just tired, or wants to start a family, or is tired of playing the same character. As for money, NCIS is her first show and Mark Harmon and the others of the core cast have been in this business for years, so I believe they should be making more money. I don’t think it has anything to do with gender.

• elana says:

Pauley Perette is extremely well paid. She earns far more than Sean for example.

24. ncis4evr says:

This is the first NCIS spoiler that I’ve been excited about in a long time. Looking forward to seeing Tony grow and move forward. It will be great to see the character have his own storylines, and not just the “T” in Tiva. Thanks for the scoop.

• Annie says:

I totally agree ncis4evr. Tony/MW has been limited for many seasons in order that Gibbs, Vance, and mostly Ziva dramas could feature in the dramatic spotlight. This is a sad waste of a genuinely interesting talent for some pretty sad mediocrity. I hope that there is enough talent in the writing staff and vision amongst the showrunner and producers to take this opportunity to take advantage of what is right in front of them, and always 100 percent loyal to this show.

25. NoChance says:

Huh? Where are you getting that Tiva becomes canon? What I got from this and the remarks made by Michael at the TCAs is that all three groups will be satisfied; Pro-Tiva, Anti-Tiva and Ambiguous.
    There are plenty of fans of the show who like Tiva but are in no way involved in campaigns to get Cote back so this can happen, one of them a neighbor of mine. He liked the interplay between the 2 characters but is accepting of her departure and wonders like so many of the roughly 20million people who watch where the show will be going from here.

Michael, in this interview said:
    “That eight-year ‘holding pattern’ will be dealt with, but more important than that is what happens next. Where does Tony go after that? And [the answer to that] is the most exciting thing I’ve heard in a long time.”

“Where does TONY go after that”, not “where do Tony, and the gone Ziva go after that”. What the show has planned for Tony “AZ” (after Ziva) has Michael excited for Tony’s future.

It’s well-known that Michael was never on-board for Tiva.
    With Ms de Pablo gone on to new projects (and I wish her much success in her next projects) it would be stifling for Tony as a character and equally stifling for Michael as an actor to be tied to a character no longer on the show.

26. Annette says:

Free NCIS!!!!!! How about that saying. This is not Tonys show. It Is a group show. So please enough with free tony. Cote made this show to, along with the rest of the cast. I hope she does well and again don’t bring anyone else on the show, its fine the way it is.

• Darlene says:

What does NCIS need freeing from? I’d be interested to hear your views on that.
      I am in no way trying to disparage Cote, and I hope she does well with whatever is next for her. Everyone should have the opportunity to seek an to be the best expression of themselves.
      But the show must go on (and maybe there is just the tiniest bit more understanding on some fans’ part of how people who loved Kate had to deal immediately with her replacement with little mention of her until many seasons later).
      I also know it is not the Tony show, but since I can’t see how or why he should have to be tied to a character who is no longer on the show, I’m compelled to lobby for his freedom from said character.

• Annette says:

Well let me just say that I am tired of it all. NCIS was the one show I never missed I even watched all of the marathons, my point Is there is a whole cast who deserve more stories and I just don’t think they should put anyone in that desk. Let the other cast members have a story.

• Darlene says:

Okay, I can get behind that. That’s more like the first seasons when they actually did function and contribute as a team. I miss them all trekking down to Abby’s lab, and the various combination of character interactions. Keep the three man team and don’t fill the chair, and maybe we can get that interaction vibe back.
          But I’d still like to see the parade of TADs (it could fill that one minute slot that they usually use for what has become the tiresome opening bullpen scene.)

• Liz says:

Exaclty, I miss the early or “original NCIS” so much! It has been turned away from a functional team, where everybody was roughly equal and got the same amount of stories and worked together and where the cases were in the focus and back-stories in the background, into a 3-man-show, that focusses very much on Tony, Ziva and Gibbs and hardly gives anyone else screentime or stories, let alone decent, credible ones, and where predictable cases are dragged out over mutliple episodes and turned into arches that simply aren’t suspenseful (because often nothing case-relevant really happens!). And as if that wasn’t bad enough, in addition to the lack of balance and team-play (Like you said, no one visited Abby in her lab for SEASONS, if anything Gibbs went down a few times, but no one else! Also everyone used to work with everyone, then suddenly Tony and Ziva were always in the field together while Tim either went with Gibbs or, more frequently, was rotting behind his desk rather than doing teamwork with anyone else, like Abby – after all he used to help her with tech-stuff or just work in her lab to have company quite frequently, before the writers seemed to forget what the show was about and what was characteristic for it and it’s components.) some of the characters and storylines have been written so badly out of character that I was wondering if they’d introduced a new person but kept the actor and name because it was clearly not the “original character”. (Someone e.g. mentioned Abby regressing to a 12yo, because right, she used to be flirty, teasing, suggestive and fun, all in an adult way, now she’s been turned into someone whose behaviour is often even childish or immature, which just doesn’t make sense in terms of her original character.) Sometimes I felt like they’d asked someone to write something who’d never ever watched or heard of the show and thus had no idea about the characters and their traits (or at least not about anyone but Ziva, Tony and Gibbs, who seemed to be the only “important bits”).

I honestly hope that, now that Cote has left, they’ll bring back that balance and bring the show back to it’s original goodness. *fingers crossed* It’s one player out of the game, that should be a perfect chance to get back the equality and balance and make sure that everyone is portrayed equally well and often as everyone else. It’s (supposed to be and started out as) a team show, not a show about the writer’s favourites with some occasional, marginal ancillary involvement of other “main characters” because the writers feel bad leaving them out completely but don’t really have (or want to have) ideas for them. If they get lost in extensively exploring the backstory and relationships of a new team member (as soon as they’ve found one) at the expense of the already badly neglected characters like Ducky, Abby and McGee: then they CAN get lost, in my opinion. I think NCIS desperately needs the balance back, but seeing how it would have for many seasons and nothing happened I suppose the writers (and possibly many fans who only care about Tiva and Gibbs) just don’t see it. =(

• Darlene says:

Good points, Liz. I so often approach things from my Tony perspective that I often don’t focus on the fact that not all NCIS fans are into the Tiva, Gibbs, Ziva, or Tony. And that a long time ago, ALL of the characters contributed to the fun, quirky, off beat vibe that made NCIS different from all the other procedurals.

So, I hope TPTB free Tony…and all of the remaining characters – so that ALL of its fans can look forward to every episode.

• lizzy90 says:

Very good points, Liz.
            I agree with you about Abby, McGee (he was a more in the field in his first seasons than now – crazy!), Ducky, Palmer and Vance, but let me say that, though Tony’s been on the screen more than the above mentioned characters all together, it hasn’t been a wonderful screentime for the most part.

Only MW’s amazing talent saved some of the worst scripts in NCIS history.

We went from former cop-smart-strong-brave-funny but not stupid Tony to buffon-idiot-gas mask-Grouch glasses-JT costume-weak Tony. From too old-too fat-what a woman could possibly find in you-you stink Tony to masochist-Tony who wants to thank Orli for the woman Ziva has become, add to all of this an assault in Israel and some of the most nauseating, fake, unbelievable love scenes ever and you’ll feel as sick as all Tony/MW’s fans.

Now Ziva is finally gone and, as you said, tptb have the chance to get back to the real NAVAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIVE SERVICE and ALL OF ITS CHARACTERS.

• Darlene says:

lizzy90, I so agree with you! Restore McGee, liberate the team to be a team again, and Free Tony!

• Liz says:

Thanks Darlene and Lizzy90. I’ve advocated this opinion for many of the previous seasons and it seems only now it is finally talked about in comments sections like these (by anyone else, not just me, that is). Previously I always had the feeling that, whenever I voiced my opinion and said that I missed the “original NCIS”, (if anything) the only response I got was along the lines of “Sod off if you don’t like it! (21 million people can’t be wrong)” etc. – it’s very refreshing and reassuring to (publicly) have people agree with me. Now I can only hope the producers and writers will finally start to listen and act accordingly, too. At least a growing number of “supporters” seems to be a good start… (Compared to people claiming the show was about Tony, Gibbs and Ziva, possibly McGee if I’m lucky, and everyone else was only supporting characters or something like that, which makes me kinda angry, because they’re NOT!)

And yes, I agree, while I’ve never particularly been a fan of Tony (or Gibbs or Ziva, for that matter, I won’t deny that McGee and Abby are what got me hooked and by far my favourite characters) there have been occasions where even I was cringing because of how he was written, how silly/stupid/childish/… he behaved and where I could understand why Tony-fans were upset. So yes, the screentime he’s had wasn’t solely brilliant, yet he still had far more and more stories etc., so I think overall he still had a lot more of good screentime than the other characters had screentime at all. (Because we shouldn’t forget that even the little screentime they had was mostly poorly written, non-credible, out of character and forced/contrived and that even long-term stories like Abby’s adoption or Tim’s family were seemingly “forgotten” for such a long time that when they finally came up again it just wasn’t credible anymore because it didn’t make sense to not mention it for such a long time to then “revive” them at such a late point in time. Also some of their stories don’t seem to make sense in the bigger picture so it appears the writers have written themselves into a corner because either way, whatever they decide to write, it will inevitably contradict one part of the previous story and there’s no way anymore to write anything that won’t contradict some things.) Also it seems to me Tony had a lot more “private”/non-work-related stories, too, while most of the neglected characters’ screentime was devoted to whatever they were “granted” to do on the job, even if that mostly seemed to be marginal, rather “unimportant” work compared to what Tony, Ziva and Gibbs were doing. (Like McGee’s rotting behind his desk or Abby’s labwork that suddenly wasn’t important enough to show anymore, not even if she had a problem, which used to be the point where e.g. McGee came down to help her.)

Our words in the writers’ ears, let’s hope they WILL bring back the “original NCIS” and character balance (with in-character characters, that is). *fingers crossed*

• Lizzy90 says:

More good points, Liz.
            I’m sorry if it looked like I was belittling the hell that the other characters’ fans went through in all of these years. That was not my intention :)
            I really miss the old good NCIS and its unique characters and dynamics.

What about the lab scenes with Abby, Gibbs and Tony in ‘Left for Dead’?
            Or the team work and the Abby/McGee’s scene in Autopsy in ‘See No Evil’?
            Great!
            (and these are just two examples)

I agree with you about scenes and episode completely OOC or that do not make any sense. Often I had the feeling that writers didn’t talk to each other and didn’t know what happened in the episode aired before the one they wrote.
            It seemed that new writers didn’t watch any of the episode before their hiring.

GG should ask all NCIS scriptwriters to rewatch the first two seasons of the show, so then they would know or remember who they’re writing about jmo

• Pat says:

I agree. Free Tony. He’s been chained to tragic super Ziva for years and his character hasn’t been allowed to do much but be the team’s butt monkey, so as to highlight Ziva’s super duperness. MW is such a fun actor to watch. I’d love to see his character do something besides be the joke’s punchline and Ziva’s admirer.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

yes, I agree – FREE NCIS from the awful place it’s been in since SB took over. Now, at last it can be freed from the bondage of ziva and tiva

• annie says:

I for one am thrilled that Ziva is going. I just hope that they don’t continue to stifle Tony by tying him to the idea of her. Geeze, let ZCIS leave with CdP and let Tony have his own story for a nice change.

• Lauren says:

I can’t speak for the others, but personally, my expression of “Free Tony” is the hope that the Tony character will be able to continue with the growth he began in seasons 3 and 4–growth which was put on the back burner to accommodate the Tiva storyline. This character was tied to “The Tiva” for so long that all his scenes were tied to Tiva and his character development otherwise stalled. Having watched NCIS since season 1, I have seen this happen and have hoped all this time to see that growth again. I hope that now it will happen.

27. Katie says:

I read some of the comments from people on here regarding NCIS and I can’t help but laugh. How pathetic is someones life to literally sit on this board ALL day to troll through each comment to only have a sassy answer because it doesn’t fit what that poster sees fit?! Do you argue with your neighbors too when you dislike the color car they buy? Or do that whole nice but clearly rude routine, to your co-workers when you dislike what they like? Get over it. Some people enjoy TIVA… clearly you don’t. We got your memo. Now get ours.

• Darlene says:

Howdy, neighbor! No, I don’t argue with my neighbors, but I do have discussions with them all the time. Some people don’t enjoy Tiva, clearly you do, but here’s the difference. Because my comments in this discussion have not agreed with others, let’s see, I’ve been called a hater, naive, accused of wanting Tony for my BDSM stories (and I don’t even write fan fiction – oh, and I used to ship Tiva until a few seasons back, btw). So who’s being rude?
      Nothin’ but love for you, neighbor!
      Peace!

• Katie says:

I am sorry people have said un-nice words… And I mean that with honesty. No one should say hurtful words.

I like TIVA, yes, but I don’t force anyone else too. While we clearly have different tastes, which is what makes the world go round, I find the having to have the last word, nasty-nice routine a little over the top. I don’t believe every PRO-TIVA post needs a response from a ANTI-TIVA poster, AND vis-versa. I am all for it working both ways. Whatever works for you though, rock on with. I like NCIS and think the writers are amazing. I hope they will find a way to keep the audience they have built for years to come.

I hope your neighbors enjoy those discussions as much as you do.

• ClassicNCISfan says:

Unfortunately the volume of your memo has been flooding the fandom for far too long…It’s past time that sites like this one start addressing the other fans of NCIS and not just feed the tiva fans

• Annette says:

Then why are you on here looking at all the posts your self? Just kind of funny isn’t it.

28. Annette says:

And if Michael was not into the story then why didn’t he speak up. Mark Harmon is an executive producer I am sure he has some pull in writing? I hope NCIS does well, but as a fan they had better stick with the original writers and write for the cast they have now. Free NCIS!!!!

• FreeTony says:

Did you read the “cold sore” interview? I thought he spoke very loudly and clearly about his feelings on the subject in that one.
      Or how about the interview where he said “if Tony and ziva get together it would be a disaster”? That’s pretty much right to the point.
      I don’t know where you got the idea he doesn’t speak up, because the man sure does. Fans of the tiva just refuse to listen.

Free Tony!!

• Annette says:

I am a fan of NCIS, so please don’t speak for me. Yes I would like the tiva story to play out, the writers started this story, I just would like a better ending than one episode. It Is not fair to the fans of the show! Thanks for your input.

• as524 says:

Oh it’s very fair to the fans of the SHOW….that tedious pairing has monopolized more than its share of screen time – both on the show & in interviews.

• Lauren says:

Michael has stated many, many times over the years that he didn’t want the characters together.

29. Joey says:

I’ve kind of weaned myself off of SVU the past season, but I did see that Lauren Ambrose was in the season finale back in May, so now I feel like I’ve got to watch that, as I’ll get a Six Feet Under fix any way I can. Knowing she’s coming back for the premiere makes me that much giddier.

30. ClassicNCISfan says:

Absolutely looking forward to seeing the first 2 episodes of NCIS S11…but even better is seeing Tony freed from only being allowed to be the T in tiva…now that the iva is going he can FINALLY be Tony again

31. A says:

please let Eyal be in at least some of those 7 episodes and all of the episodes after break

32. BL says:

If that spill about Dallas is correct, well I am excited! I love split season shows and Dallas is such good summer soap!

33. Max says:

I’m a little shocked by the SVU info. I thought for sure it’d be 5 minutes of danger and then someone would come running to Olivia’s rescue. But, the guy has her for days? I don’t know how she walks away from this not being completely destroyed.

34. JC says:

Very much looking forward to the NCIS LA premiere – it sounds fantastic. On the other hand, however, I haven’t decided yet whether I’ll be adding original NCIS back to my watch list yet. I am curious to see how they write Ziva out, and who replaces her, but I’m not crazy about Tiva and all the Tiva-related spoilers have dampened my initial curiosity. And I’d really rather not see them do a Sara Sidle with her so if that’s the route they’re going, I may not bother tuning back in.

35. Lydia says:

Seven consecutive episodes of Glee sounds like a good idea for a punishment.

36. Amanda says:

And so in typical fashion the comment section devolved into name calling and ugliness between people who like Ziva or Tiva and those who hate her or the shippers. What will they do when Ziva leaves? I anticipate withdrawal pains from these crazies on both sides.

• Jeox says:

I object, Amanda! You’re assuming we’re incapable of arguing about other things! I, for one, am looking forward to finding many other bones of contention in future :-).

• elana says:

Hopefully we’ll get spoilers that don’t relate to Ziva or Tiva and we can actually discuss the show again.

37. KYMel says:

Thanks for the NCIS spoiler! I am now CAUTIOUSLY optimistic about how Ziva & Tony’s story will play out. It would take a lot of talent to come up with a storyline that pleases all of the fandom – would be awesome if it actually does :)

• Annie says:

I don’t think that it’s going to be possible to please every fan faction. It seems some of the more invested tiva/Ziva fans won’t be happy unless there are declarations of undying love and love making – with Tony permanently tied to an absent Ziva. While anti tiva fans want a friend zoned good bye and clean break, with Tony “freed” to be turned back into a character who moves on and becomes the competent, sexy, talented, and indispensable agent he was before his character was marginalized to accommodate tiva and the super Ziva agenda. I’m personally hoping for the clean break, but IMO the so called chemistry in tiva was purely contrived from around season 6 on. I want the writers to take this opportunity to question their overused and stale formulas and take a few chances.

• Katya says:

Great post, Annie. I’m with you – this is how I’d like it to pan out too. I think it’d be unfair to Tony to chain him to an invisible romantic partner – he needs a clean break so he can continue to develop and mature. I love that MW sounds so excited about the future for Tony. I never got the impression he enjoyed playing Tiva or being asked about Tiva all the time, and having Tony reduced to just the ‘T’ in Tiva by the media and the Tiva fans, so it’ll be nice for him to have some plotlines and character development not related to Ziva or the Tiva relationship finally. He seems really happy and bouncy at the moment – I’m sure he was shocked by Cote’s decision to leave, as all the cast were, but he must have seen all the opportunities opening up for his character as a result of it, instead of having to play more of the same forever, and he seems really happy about that.

• KYMel says:

I don’t believe it is possible either – too many strong feelings on both sides of the debate, but MW’s TCA tour interview has peaked my curiosity…

(on eonline.com…..”In fact, Weatherly is confident that everyone will enjoy the new season, no matter their preferred pairing. “Even if you hate Tiva, even if you love the Tiva, if you’re ambivalent, it’s like a big Christmas stocking on Christmas morning!” he says. “Even if you’re a casual viewer of NCIS, this season premiere and the first couple of episodes, you’re going to want to check out because man alive, if you have found the show compelling at all, this is right down your alley.”).

It is likely hopeful thinking on his part, but I can’t wait to see what they came up with. It would be nice if it could actually happen.

38. Jason says:

Dear Mark Pedowitz: Have you learned so LITTLE in your short tenure at The CW? Carrie Diaries barely moved the needle last season, and you’re planning a narrow “Carrie and Samantha” (gift) season without thoughts of QUICKLY RAMPING UP the drama and characters people know, love, and expect to see?? Seriously, dude, if you want this show to take off, you’d better sidestep the laid-back attitude with it and introduce names / faces that will help viewers of SATC “connect” with this prequel. Otherwise, I fear you’ll never want that 3rd season where you “might” just show us this Blatch guy and other gals. Viewers do NOT have the time or patience to wait anymore; they want immediate gratification, or they turn to a show that will provide it.
    Take a cue from Vampire Diaries and Arrow…….you DON’T WAIT. You hit viewers with your best shot from the start, and keep the momentum going. Slow burns will simply fizzle and die.

39. DreamRose311 says:

I was wondering, are we going to be getting an August calendar? Seems like some summer finales would be coming up… Just wondering! Thanks!

40. Jessa says:

I knew Olivia wasn’t going to just kick this guy’s butt & walk away. First of all she’s already had one close call by another perv I didn’t think they would do that again, AND did anyone else notice the size of this guy? He’s 6 ft’ 4, well 6 ft’ 4 and 3/4! There’s no way she’s just going to fight him off.

41. Martha says:

I’m always amazed by tiva fans.
    It seems impossible that, after 8 years of tiva spoilers that ended in nothing, they still believe in them especially when the come from Mr. Michael ‘I hate tiva from the bottom of my heart’ Weatherly.

Last year, when CBS told Michael to promote the ‘year of tiva’, its fans believe it and what did the get? Nothing.
    Only a small sop in Berlin, just to keep them calm but that was friend-zoned in SF. When tptb decided to not shoot the only real tiva scene (“if it weren’t for this job…”) and friend-zoned tiva with an anticlimactic, no romantic, no hot but very brotherly Tony’s kiss on Ziva’s forehead.

Now we have a new ‘tiva spoiler’ by a man that has always and clearly expressed his adversion for this stoyline and in the end he adds “…but more important than that is what happens next. Where does Tony go after that? And [the answer to that] is the most exciting thing I’ve heard in a long time.”
    Unless you think that Tony will go to a church to marry Ziva, you can clearly understand that Michael’s happy and excited because, after episode 2, he’ll be finally free from Ziva and tiva, and Tony will get back to be a real character (not only the ‘t’ in tiva) with his own plots and life, away from a the heavy burden that has stopped his development for so many years.

I hope no one really thinks that tiva will become canon and Tony’ll be tie to Ziva for the rest of his life, because they’d be really disappointed.
    CBS and NCIS can’t afford to tie one of the two main characters of the show to a dead-story and a dead-character (CdP has left the set three days ago and, after recent events, I really doubt we’ll see her again on NCIS). Tptb need Tony free to meet other women and (maybe) fall in love with his Ms Right, and mostly ready for new adventures with his teammates without Ziva at home waiting for him.

Maybe there will be a kiss (I don’t think so) or a “we could have, but we lost our chance”, but in the end they’ll only be friends or NCIS won’t only lose all tiva fans who have never cared about the show, but it would lose many no-ship fans and many casual viewers too.

ps: I can’t stand tiva and I read any kind of FF, but I do not ship Tibbs, McGibbs, McNozzo, Tabby, McAbby… … … and I find extremely childish to say that people who don’t want tiva, want a slash love story between Tony and Gibbs jmo

• Darlene says:

And that really is the question, isn’t it, Martha. After Season 11, Episode 2 what does Tony do now? The fact that Michael is excited about it has me excited for him as an actor…and for the character he plays. Michael has never been excited about Tiva so that can’t be it. It’s got me intrigued.
      The fact is that the little ‘iva’ in Tiva is gone. Only the big T remains. I can’t imagine that TPTB will write stories for the percentage of the audience who say they are leaving after Episode 2 right along with Ziva. So it only makes sense to…
      Free Tony!

• Martha says:

Exactly.
        Why make some people happy and the most of your viewers un-happy (lol), if you already know that they’ll leave after PP&F? It doesn’t make any sense.
        NCIS is wonderful drama show with seven amazingly talented actors, so why waste their talent and screentime on a dead-story?

After reading MW and GG’s words, I’ve got the feeling that in episode 3, Gibbs will say “Grab your gear!” and all Ziva/tiva story will end up in oblivion as happened to Kate.

42. mopcambm says:

I was heartbroken when they got rid of Kate in a sudden, shocking way. It took a little while, but I grew to love Ziva. The relationship that she has with Tony is that they trust each other with their lives. I am sad to see the beautiful Ziva go, and I do hope that she can come back a few times. It would be great if she were put in as the next head of Mossad. But, I am also interested in seeing more of the other characters, especially Tim and Abby and their friendship. I hope that Tony can continue to mature, but still keep that twinkle in his eye. He is too old for continued one-night stands; he should really find that caring for Ziva for so long has made him ready for a permanent relationship. Vance also needs to find someone because he is a family man. I’d actually like to see Gibbs find someone to fill his emptiness so he doesn’t spend the rest of his life building boats, but that might be a bit too much of a fairy-tale ending. It would be nice if before the end of the show, they let us know how Gibbs gets those boats out of his basement.
    p.s. Darlene, you don’t have to respond to this. It’s ok; we all get your opinion.

• Alisa Neely says:

OMG…..how could tony EVER trust ziva with his LIFE, after knowing that she TURNED OFF HER COMM…..while supposing to be his BACKUP along with MCGEE?…..as well as accusing him of MURDER and shoving him to the GROUND , when he was injured and shoving a LOADED GUN in his chest and happily saying; she’d LOVE to kill him if given the ORDER?…..that is NOT what would make me trust her or anyone……imo, the ONLY reason anyone could possibly want tony with someone like HER…..is if they TRUELY HATE HIM THAT MUCH.

as for kate’s exit: blame that on SASHA…..she asked OUT of her contract….and CBS did to her what they did to RORY from CSI:MIAMI…..they KILLED tim speedle off as well….as PUNISHMENT for BREAKING THE CONTRACT….and HE couldn’t do TV work for the remaining time of his contract with them….not sure about sasha, though.

back to ziva/tony: i for 1 as well as MANY others, are THRILLED to be FREE of the ZIVA;/TIVA crap and want TONY FREE to move on to someone who will RESPECT HIM as a MAN and maybe even as an AGENT.

43. yes, she's gone says:

Matt, it might be nice for you to actually have to write about something on NCIS other than z or tiva. We’ll all be happy to read what you have to say about the show, you remember NCIS, and the other actors especially “The Core 4.”

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Oh, and i have tons from my chat this week with Gary……….

• Alisa Neely says:

GREAT….as long as they DON’T include ziva ot tiva, PLEASE SHARE them.

• Annie says:

I would love to read some NCIS spoilers that aren’t about Ziva as well. Let’s get beyond episode 2 and hope that the team (and especially Tony) is allowed to too.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Send in the right question, who knows WHAT you might get…..

• Martha says:

We’ve sent bunches or ‘right no-tiva/ziva questions’ in the past, but we’ve always been ignored, Matt :( l
            Let’s hope that now that CdP is not part of the show anymore, some of those questions will get an answer and many spoilers about NCIS (the Navy drama show) and its unique characters will tease us and get us excited for S11… double one ;)

• Annie says:

Here are a few questions to ask GG. Is Tony ever going to be featured as Gibbs intelligent, brave, and indispensable second in command again? Will they stop writing him as the team’s butt monkey now that he doesn’t have to be portrayed as idiotic in order to highlight Ziva’s superiority? Will he ever get a juicy undercover assignment which features MW’s versatility as an actor and doesn’t make Tony look stupid? And, will be ever be portrayed as moving into a leadership role?

• Alisa Neely says:

ALL very good questions, Annie…..let’s HOPE, we get some STRAIGHT answers to them…..it NOT just MW/TONY that is getting set FREE with ziva leaving…..but, also the fans and other characters on the show.

• Darlene says:

And will McGee get to go undercover?
            Will we get more Tony and McGee friendship – like we saw in ToC-and get glimpses of every now and then in an episode?

• BJG says:

Can we expect the honorable, former Marine Gunny Gibbs to return, the one who could say a lot with just his stare and Daddy Gibbs put in a closet and locked-away? Can we expect more cases aboard ships, subs & on bases? Can we expect to see McGee out in the field, he is a field agent after all, and not ALWAYS behind his computer? & yes, let’s see more undercover Tony.

• Alisa Neely says:

i don’t have a problem with “daddy gibbs”…..just as long as it’s NOT with ziva…..and i agree, mcgee, needs to do MORE undercover work…..though his talents are more computer then field work….sorry, but it’s the truth…..however, i think he needs to LEARN how it’s really done or was…..maybe spend time with the police force…..and have to do things the OLD WAY….i.e. hitting the streets and such.

• Darlene says:

Will we see that wise potential nanny from Vance’s last interview again?

• Darlene says:

Can you say more about the #1 Villian they’ll face this year on NCIS? Will it be a year long foe or just a few episode arc foe?

• Joni says:

Hi Matt,
            1. Is there any chance “NCIS” might start to write Abby as the smart, sexy, sassy woman she was during earlier seasons? – NoChance
            *****************
            *****************
            2. The team hasn’t really traveled as a group since ‘Chimera’ in Season 5. Could this be rectified in Season XI? – NoChance
            **************
            **************
            3. What can you tell us about this new “Team Gibbs” adversary mentioned by Gary Glasberg? He/She sounds promising given that he/she was compared to Ari. – NoChance

• Lizzy90 says:

- Will we ever see a living mom in NCIS? Will ever see Mrs. McGee and Mrs. Palmer (Jimmy’s mom was alive in S5 and no one told us she died)?
            – Are DiNozzo Sr., Jackson Gibbs and McGee Sr. coming back?
            – Are we going to see Dr. Samantha Ryan (JLC) again? I hope not.

This is not a question, but bunny plot.
            Instead of the usual Christmas episode, it’d be interesting to see a ‘last day of the year/first day of the new year’ where all all characters leave the past behind them and move forward into the future. A sort of “Goodbye, Past! Hello, Future!”

• Anna says:

Sorry but this little old lady is behind times. I’ve watched a lot of NCIS but what or who is Tiva?

• BJG says:

That is GREAT news. It’s been such a looooong time since I’ve looked forward to spoilers! #RIPTiva #FreeTony

• Darlene says:

So the songs we sang at church today were “Freedom”, “Freedom Is Here”, and “Moving Forward”. I couldn’t help but think…wait for it…#FreeTony. :-)

• SallyS says:

Free Tony from Ziva!
          Free NCIS from Mossad!
          Free Mcgee from his desk!

Looking forward to the new season for the first time in a long time. Any spoilers from episode 3 and beyond would be great.

• Katya says:

Hi Matt – I’m very interested in the development of Tony’s character going forward. Do you have any news about that? MW says he’s excited about it so I’m intrigued as to what they’ll do. I would really like him to get over all the moping around he’s been doing for the past few seasons. I’d like for him to sit up and say “You know what, I LOVE my life, my job and my team – I’m exactly where I want to be. THEY are my family.” And I want to see that in action! I want to see his happy friendship with Abby, his goofing off with Tim, his special relationship with Gibbs etc. I don’t want him moping around about a wife/family. Some people are entirely happy single. If he’d wanted a wife and family he could have pursued those things, but he chose not to. That leads me to think he’s happy with his life as it is. Let’s SEE that. Less of soul-searching Tony, and more of upbeat, happy Tony would be great. He’s got a good life – let him enjoy it. I really hope that’s the direction they take. Grow him up enough to recognize that – have him outgrow the fratboy thing and enjoy women’s company when he wants it, treating them well and with respect, but be sensible enough to realize a wife and family are not for him with how he feels about his job and his life, both of which are full and happy. There’s nothing wrong with that – plenty of people make that choice.

44. Ken Wade says:

Tell the writers to get Ziva`s name right,and fox new`s rock`s!.Won`t be long before MSNBC is off the air.To many Left wing Pundit`s and no Reporters……..Al Sharpton?Give me a break!

45. elana says:

At least following episode 2 NCIS spoilers are actually going to have to deal different aspects of the show rather than being entirely about Tiva or Ziva.

46. cas says:

I wish there was some sort of sort option, or filter option so I can block out all the NCIS comments. I would love to read other peoples comments about other shows but I can’t seem to find them.

47. geno p. berardi says:

Why not everyone just leave well enough and see that everyone will not like all the actors roles. The writers are the ones that are responsible ones that create the episodes. No one is perfect.

48. Madeleine says:

What’s up colleagues, how is the whole thing, and what you want to say on the topic of this article,
    in my view its in fact remarkable for me.