Exclusive

Elementary Exclusive: Smash's Jeremy Jordan to Help Reveal Joan's Mysterious Past

Elementary Season 2 Cast Jeremy JordanSmash alum Jeremy Jordan has found an Elementary new role.

The actor will guest-star in a Season 2 episode of the hit CBS drama as someone with a connection to Joan’s past, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Elementary Season 2 Casts Rhys Ifans as Sherlock’s Brother

Jordan will appear in an October installment as Joey Castoro, the son of the surgical patient who died in Watson’s care. The surgeon-turned-P.I. has an affinity for Joey, but her affections for him are tested when he comes to her with an unexpected request.

“We’re going to… explore Joan’s feelings of guilt,” executive producer Rob Doherty recently told TVLine. “At what point do you tap your guilt and give yourself permission to live a life?”

In addition to playing Smash‘s troubled composer Jimmy, Jordan has appeared on Law & Order: SVU and in the Broadway musical Newsies.

Additionally, Lynn Collins (True Blood) will guest in the episode as a brilliant and beguiling math professor who helps Sherlock and Joan with the investigation of two murdered mathematicians.

1. Steve says:

Gag. I don’t know how he truly is as an actor but his character on Smash was horrendous. Not excited.

2. Yasmin says:

Lame. Zzzzzz.

3. Allen says:

I personally feel like his character was the biggest downfall of Smash season 2…hopefully his Elementary character will be less off putting.

4. Kay says:

Oh dear! His character, for me, was the single biggest factor for the total failure of Smash Season 2.

5. Mark says:

No! (With the voice of Futurama’s Farnsworth). He’s gonna ruin this show too!

6. Pepper says:

He’s not a very good actor. He can’t smile honestly. Every time he smiles, it’s like he’s plotting to murder you.

7. Margaret says:

I hope viewers give him a chance, I’ve seen him live and he’s incredible charismatic. He was really hamstrung by a lousy character in Jimmy. Elementary is a really well done show, I have high hopes!

8. M says:

If he’s not singing, I’m not showing up. Well…maybe I’ll show up. Ok, fine! I’ll show up.

9. ninergrl6 says:

I didn’t like Jimmy but I LOVE Jeremy. I’ll tune in to Sherlock just for him.

10. Josh says:

Please let this only be for only one episode. Only. Just one. Only. Please.

11. Liz says:

You guys do realize you can’t judge this guy based solely on Jimmy from Smash right? Jimmy was the worst. As was Smash as a whole. He just shot a movie with Anna Kendrick so he’s obviously impressing the right people.

12. Jessa says:

On stage he is incredibly charismatic, charming, and electric. Unfortunately, it just doesn’t translate on screen. I watched Joyful Noise (kill me), the episode of SVU he was in, and of course, Smash. It just doesn’t quite work. If you get the opportunity to see him live, I’m sure it will change your mind. He was born to be on stage.

13. Brianne says:

Please don’t judge Jeremy based on Smash. Jimmy was a genuinely awful character that no one could look good playing. But in everything else I’ve seen him in, he is charismatic and expressive. Give him a shot in a role that doesn’t suck.

14. Lauren says:

I liked Jimmy, he was a massive step up from Dev, who was the WORST. And I couldn’t not like a character who could sing like that. I’m excited to see the Last Five Years.
    I’m waiting to watch Elementary until I’m caught up on the British Sherlock, but this definitely gets me more excited to start.

15. Badpenny says:

Does Joan really need a mysterious past? Isn’t it enough that a man she was treating died and she gave up medicine? Does every character need to have 50 skeletons in their closet?

16. Very strange comments here, considering how big an improvement season two of SMASH was over the laughable first season and how Jordan was a big part of that, despite his character being a bit of a tool.

Anyway I’ve seen him live (in NEWSIES) and he is amazing. Can’t wait for Anna Kendrick’s and his THE LAST 5 YEARS film and looking forward to seeing him guest on ELEMENTARY, which I love!

17. Lola says:

This guy was nominated for a Tony, everybody needs to calm down and give him a chance.

18. Anon says:

aahhh….having PTSD flashbacks of Jimmy annoyance!

19. alex says:

as for me u guys are suck n lame on judge others, n great at comment n critics other n make em feel bad about it! HE was a GREAT actor take a good look at JOYFUL NOISE an u will know how great HIS voice’s are!!!