Fox Confirms Mary Lynn Rajskub for 24 Revival, Announces Broadchurch Adaptation

24 Live Another Day Mary Lynn RajskubGet ready to clock back in, Chloe, because Mary Lynn Rajskub has been confirmed for Fox’s 24: Live Another Day event series airing in spring 2014.

“I am thrilled to be working with [exec producer] Howard [Gordon] and the writers again — ad of course, Kiefer [Sutherland],” Rajskub said in a statement. “I’m going to start sharpening my computer skills now!”

RELATED | 24 Vet Jon Cassar Will Live Another Day

Fox also announced the morning of its Television Critics Assoc. press tour day that it is developing an adaptation of Broadchurch, the popular UK drama revolving around the mysterious death of a young boy. Series creator Chris Chibnall will pen the premiere episode/exec-producer the series, which is eyed for a debut during the 2014-15 TV season.

1. spartan_Cheer says:

yay! well yay providing that she is in for the majority of the season and not “back” like 1/2 the cast in season 5;):) Super excited to have Jack and Chloe back!

2. English says:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!

3. Still no word on whether or not Tony Almeida is coming back?

4. Dick Whitman says:

This is what I needed to get me excited about 24’s resurrection. Can’t wait.

5. Sam says:

Ugh no, just air Broadchurch as it is. It was brilliant!

• johnhelvete says:

Broadchurch will air in the US on BBC America starting August 7. You are right that the show is really great.

• guest says:

agree, no need to spoil a good thing.

• jaimej says:

Amazing show as it is. I’ll skip the remake. Thanks.

• Tania says:

Just saw the first episode on BBCA on Demand and found it very intriguing. While I always prefer to watch the original, I’m not quick to criticize an adaptation. I’ll be curious to see what Executive Producer/Creator Chris Chibnall puts out. The dude can write some compelling stories. So enough with the ‘Ughs’, ‘I’ll skip’ and ‘no need to spoil a good thing’ nonsense. It’s coming out next year for goodness sake.

6. Daveedt says:

Didn’t almeida die?

7. Nicole says:

SO happy that Chloe is on board for ’24’. Jack saving the world is always more fun with Chloe at his virtual side.

8. Jake says:

This is great news!! I hope they give Cherry Jones another chance too. She didn’t get the ending she deserved.

9. Tracey says:

Man why does another US broadcaster trying to bastardize oops I mean Americanize a british production of brilliance??? If you’re lucky enough and you’re in the Great White North the original “Broadchurch” will air here in Canada on Showcase beginning Aug. 4.

• EJ says:

Gee, Tracey, would you rather we “bastardize” Canadian classics like Rookie Blue and Motive?

• Tracey says:

Well EJ considering I watch neither of those programs but I’m guessing you do? My answer would have to be…yes?

• canadian ninja says:

So maybe your first post could be less high & mighty about being in Canada? You see that right?

• Tracey says:

canadian ninja – not being high and mighty I just happen to love my country. Canada is beautiful this time of year so who wouldn’t be lucky to be here on vacation in the summer?

• EJ says:

Yes, Tracey, Canada is a land of great natural beauty, But, uhh…so? It makes awful, bland TV and has NEVER produced a popular classic drama except perhaps Anne of Green Gables which was many years ago and was on PBS here. We happen to make GREAT TV a lot of the time which you and your fellow Canadians devour. The Brits make great TV, too, but I’d argue we’re way ahead of them now in terms of dramas. Your initial post was snotty and well worthy of being challenged. Don’t you need thicker skin up there in the Great White North?

• liz says:

well those are deliberately made to be appealing to American audiences…so US broadcasters will buy them. Nothing to bastardize. Now, if they wanted to bastardize Bomb Girls, or Republic of Doyle, or Lost Girl….actually Canadian things, then maybe we’d have something to complain about.

• James says:

Well, you can ask the people who makes Law and Order UK why they try to Brit-up an American classic. :D

10. JeffDJ says:

Why does Hollywood continually feel the need to remake UK shows? It’s like the bigwigs sit in their offices just waiting for the next big hit overseas, then jump up from their desks and declare “Let’s make our version of that!”
    Here’s a better idea: Why don’t they put their heads together and come up with something truly top tier themselves for a change? Who knows, maybe the Brits will copy Hollywood for a change.

• James says:

The Colombians share the same sentiment when they saw how many times Yo Soy Betty la Fea was remade into more than a dozen versions worldwide, including the American Ugly Betty.

And yeah, the Taiwanese also saw Meteor Garden and It Started with a Kiss getting remakes of their own in Japan, and Korea.

11. I am BEYOND excited. Rajskub was phenomenal on the show and this just pumps me up even more! Here’s hoping it’s an epic event. Spring 2014 can’t come soon enough!

12. johnhelvete says:

Best thing about Broadchurch remake? It proves that Hollywood remade The Killing and The Bridge because of wanting to take something that was a proven success and not because the shows were subtitled. Hated reading threads from Europeans that claimed the shows were remade because Americans refuse to read subtitles. It is because Hollywood is afraid of taking a chance on original ideas.

• The irony of this all is that Europeans do it to. Everyone steals other countries movies and shows and remake them. People just tend to gripe more about the US doing it since US shows tend to be more widely seen.

13. alistaircrane says:

I hope Elisha Cuthbert returns next. I loved Kim Bauer, and Elisha is free now that her sitcom has been cancelled.

• cb says:

I loved looking at Kim Bauer. Elisha is smoking hot would support her coming back.

It’s going to be interesting to see how they explain Jack coming back since the series ended with him fleeing the Russians and Americans

• Len says:

No. No. No.

No Kim.

Smoking hot does not make a good actor. Sorry but I need acting more than I need another piece of eye candy.

14. Keith says:

24 was the best in seasons 1 and 2 and they were Chloe-free

15. rty123 says:

No, a Broadchurch remake NO. Broadchurch is excellent as it is.

• canadian ninja says:

Exactly how would a remake change that? They don’t burn the original you know.

• jaimej says:

I’m a proud American, but the American TV remakes of Skins and The Inbetweeners were just pure ish. I think I am smart enough to translate English spoken in a different dialect, thank you very much.

16. Krethgar says:

Meh, not interested in watching 24:Pout Another Day.

17. xFangirlx says:

I don’t think an American Broadchurch could be nearly as good as the original. Not with David Tennant in the original. It just doesn’t happen. That’s like saying Elementary is better than Sherlock because it doesn’t have Benedict Cumberbatch. Sorry, my fangirl is showing.

18. Sally says:

I literally danced! 24 wouldn’t be the same with Jack saying ‘Dammit Chloe!’ ;)
    She always has his back. I loved the last scene of season 8 with both of them.
    I am just glad the show is gonna come back, Jack Bauer is my all time favorite fictional character.

19. Matt says:

Excellent! IMO best season 5 when Logan was president

20. JJ says:

Remake Broadchurch? Why not? The americanized version of Prime Suspect did so well… [/sarcasam]

21. Maria says:

Maybe we’re not running out of time after all…

22. itsbighead says:

now we just need annie wersching and it will be complete

23. jesse says:

Brilliant news, now bring back kim raver

24. joterri says:

Really looking forward to the return of 24! I hope that it does extremely well and it has a couple of summer runs!!! Go Jack “)

25. RichieS says:

Favorite 24 President ever…..Dennis Haysbert, Greg Itzen, or Cherry Jones ?

26. Bob says:

Geez, Fox, don’t you think you should wait until the original “Broadchurch” airs in the U.S. (starting Aug. 7th on BBC America) before greenlighting a U.S. version?? I guess you can always drop the project if the British version tanks here (which it won’t, but yours might).

27. Lorinorfolk says:

I just “literally” just finished watching the entire series on Netflix, Jack Bauer is addictive, I give you my word. How lucky am I, that I have more to look forward to.