Fox Confirms Mary Lynn Rajskub for 24 Revival, Announces Broadchurch Adaptation

24 Live Another Day Mary Lynn RajskubGet ready to clock back in, Chloe, because Mary Lynn Rajskub has been confirmed for Fox’s 24: Live Another Day event series airing in spring 2014.

“I am thrilled to be working with [exec producer] Howard [Gordon] and the writers again — ad of course, Kiefer [Sutherland],” Rajskub said in a statement. “I’m going to start sharpening my computer skills now!”

RELATED | 24 Vet Jon Cassar Will Live Another Day

Fox also announced the morning of its Television Critics Assoc. press tour day that it is developing an adaptation of Broadchurch, the popular UK drama revolving around the mysterious death of a young boy. Series creator Chris Chibnall will pen the premiere episode/exec-producer the series, which is eyed for a debut during the 2014-15 TV season.

Comments (52)

• yay! well yay providing that she is in for the majority of the season and not “back” like 1/2 the cast in season 5;):) Super excited to have Jack and Chloe back!

Comment by spartan_Cheer – August 1, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I cant wait to see chloe back and of course the great man Jack Bauer.

Comment by Percy Nicol – August 2, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so glad your coming back, My favorite show, watched every episode

Comment by Debra – August 7, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!

Comment by English – August 1, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still no word on whether or not Tony Almeida is coming back?

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 1, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is what I needed to get me excited about 24′s resurrection. Can’t wait.

Comment by Dick Whitman – August 1, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh no, just air Broadchurch as it is. It was brilliant!

Comment by Sam – August 1, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Broadchurch will air in the US on BBC America starting August 7. You are right that the show is really great.

Comment by johnhelvete – August 1, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree, no need to spoil a good thing.

Comment by guest – August 1, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amazing show as it is. I’ll skip the remake. Thanks.

Comment by jaimej – August 1, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just saw the first episode on BBCA on Demand and found it very intriguing. While I always prefer to watch the original, I’m not quick to criticize an adaptation. I’ll be curious to see what Executive Producer/Creator Chris Chibnall puts out. The dude can write some compelling stories. So enough with the ‘Ughs’, ‘I’ll skip’ and ‘no need to spoil a good thing’ nonsense. It’s coming out next year for goodness sake.

Comment by Tania – August 1, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t almeida die?

Comment by Daveedt – August 1, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, there was the faked death and his return in Season 7 where If I remember correctly jack shot him in the legs.

Comment by RobMF – August 1, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was but they failed to do so. Carlos Bernard’s character should’ve been killed off at the end of Season Seven during that time he turned into a major villain in that particular year.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – August 1, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO happy that Chloe is on board for ’24′. Jack saving the world is always more fun with Chloe at his virtual side.

Comment by Nicole – August 1, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha! +1

Comment by Thea – August 1, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news!! I hope they give Cherry Jones another chance too. She didn’t get the ending she deserved.

Comment by Jake – August 1, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man why does another US broadcaster trying to bastardize oops I mean Americanize a british production of brilliance??? If you’re lucky enough and you’re in the Great White North the original “Broadchurch” will air here in Canada on Showcase beginning Aug. 4.

Comment by Tracey – August 1, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gee, Tracey, would you rather we “bastardize” Canadian classics like Rookie Blue and Motive?

Comment by EJ – August 1, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well EJ considering I watch neither of those programs but I’m guessing you do? My answer would have to be…yes?

Comment by Tracey – August 1, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So maybe your first post could be less high & mighty about being in Canada? You see that right?

Comment by canadian ninja – August 1, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • canadian ninja – not being high and mighty I just happen to love my country. Canada is beautiful this time of year so who wouldn’t be lucky to be here on vacation in the summer?

Comment by Tracey – August 1, 2013 10:34 AM PDT
        • Yes, Tracey, Canada is a land of great natural beauty, But, uhh…so? It makes awful, bland TV and has NEVER produced a popular classic drama except perhaps Anne of Green Gables which was many years ago and was on PBS here. We happen to make GREAT TV a lot of the time which you and your fellow Canadians devour. The Brits make great TV, too, but I’d argue we’re way ahead of them now in terms of dramas. Your initial post was snotty and well worthy of being challenged. Don’t you need thicker skin up there in the Great White North?

Comment by EJ – August 1, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • We are too busy getting rich making all your great US shows.

Comment by Len – August 1, 2013 03:10 PM PDT
      • well those are deliberately made to be appealing to American audiences…so US broadcasters will buy them. Nothing to bastardize. Now, if they wanted to bastardize Bomb Girls, or Republic of Doyle, or Lost Girl….actually Canadian things, then maybe we’d have something to complain about.

Comment by liz – August 1, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, you can ask the people who makes Law and Order UK why they try to Brit-up an American classic. :D

Comment by James – August 2, 2013 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does Hollywood continually feel the need to remake UK shows? It’s like the bigwigs sit in their offices just waiting for the next big hit overseas, then jump up from their desks and declare “Let’s make our version of that!”
    Here’s a better idea: Why don’t they put their heads together and come up with something truly top tier themselves for a change? Who knows, maybe the Brits will copy Hollywood for a change.

Comment by JeffDJ – August 1, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Colombians share the same sentiment when they saw how many times Yo Soy Betty la Fea was remade into more than a dozen versions worldwide, including the American Ugly Betty.

And yeah, the Taiwanese also saw Meteor Garden and It Started with a Kiss getting remakes of their own in Japan, and Korea.

Comment by James – August 2, 2013 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am BEYOND excited. Rajskub was phenomenal on the show and this just pumps me up even more! Here’s hoping it’s an epic event. Spring 2014 can’t come soon enough!

Comment by Nad's Reviews – August 1, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best thing about Broadchurch remake? It proves that Hollywood remade The Killing and The Bridge because of wanting to take something that was a proven success and not because the shows were subtitled. Hated reading threads from Europeans that claimed the shows were remade because Americans refuse to read subtitles. It is because Hollywood is afraid of taking a chance on original ideas.

Comment by johnhelvete – August 1, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The irony of this all is that Europeans do it to. Everyone steals other countries movies and shows and remake them. People just tend to gripe more about the US doing it since US shows tend to be more widely seen.

Comment by writingmyownway – August 1, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Elisha Cuthbert returns next. I loved Kim Bauer, and Elisha is free now that her sitcom has been cancelled.

Comment by alistaircrane – August 1, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved looking at Kim Bauer. Elisha is smoking hot would support her coming back.

It’s going to be interesting to see how they explain Jack coming back since the series ended with him fleeing the Russians and Americans

Comment by cb – August 1, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. No. No.

No Kim.

Smoking hot does not make a good actor. Sorry but I need acting more than I need another piece of eye candy.

Comment by Len – August 1, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 24 was the best in seasons 1 and 2 and they were Chloe-free

Comment by Keith – August 1, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They were good seasons but not because chloe wasn’t in them

Comment by cb – August 1, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, a Broadchurch remake NO. Broadchurch is excellent as it is.

Comment by rty123 – August 1, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly how would a remake change that? They don’t burn the original you know.

Comment by canadian ninja – August 1, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a proud American, but the American TV remakes of Skins and The Inbetweeners were just pure ish. I think I am smart enough to translate English spoken in a different dialect, thank you very much.

Comment by jaimej – August 1, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh, not interested in watching 24:Pout Another Day.

Comment by Krethgar – August 1, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think an American Broadchurch could be nearly as good as the original. Not with David Tennant in the original. It just doesn’t happen. That’s like saying Elementary is better than Sherlock because it doesn’t have Benedict Cumberbatch. Sorry, my fangirl is showing.

Comment by xFangirlx – August 1, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally danced! 24 wouldn’t be the same with Jack saying ‘Dammit Chloe!’ ;)
    She always has his back. I loved the last scene of season 8 with both of them.
    I am just glad the show is gonna come back, Jack Bauer is my all time favorite fictional character.

Comment by Sally – August 1, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent! IMO best season 5 when Logan was president

Comment by Matt – August 1, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remake Broadchurch? Why not? The americanized version of Prime Suspect did so well… [/sarcasam]

Comment by JJ – August 1, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe we’re not running out of time after all…

Comment by Maria – August 1, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • now we just need annie wersching and it will be complete

Comment by itsbighead – August 1, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant news, now bring back kim raver

Comment by jesse – August 1, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to the return of 24! I hope that it does extremely well and it has a couple of summer runs!!! Go Jack “)

Comment by joterri – August 1, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Favorite 24 President ever…..Dennis Haysbert, Greg Itzen, or Cherry Jones ?

Comment by RichieS – August 2, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geez, Fox, don’t you think you should wait until the original “Broadchurch” airs in the U.S. (starting Aug. 7th on BBC America) before greenlighting a U.S. version?? I guess you can always drop the project if the British version tanks here (which it won’t, but yours might).

Comment by Bob – August 2, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just “literally” just finished watching the entire series on Netflix, Jack Bauer is addictive, I give you my word. How lucky am I, that I have more to look forward to.

Comment by Lorinorfolk – October 28, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post