Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Books Ghost Whisperer's David Conrad For Top-Secret Gig

david conrad shieldGhost Whisperer grad David Conrad has landed a Marvel-ous new gig.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the actor is joining ABC’s surefire hit Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a recurring role.

RELATED | HIMYM‘s Cobie Smulders Joins S.H.I.E.L.D. — Plus: Scoop From the Pilot!

As is customary with The Avengers TV offshoot, details about his character are shrouded in secrecy. However, the show has been casting the role of a brilliant and quirky scientist that matches Conrad’s description (i.e., male in his 40s).

ABC declined to comment.

Conrad’s post-Ghost roles include stints on CSI: Miami, The Firm and The Good Wife.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuts Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 8/7c.

Comments (17)

• He is SO HOT.

Comment by april-ann – July 31, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. Guess I’ll be watching this show now!

Comment by Sheila – July 31, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hank Pym? I know there is an Ant-Man movie coming up but introducing him on SHIELD would be an interesting way to develop his character before jumping to the big screen. He’s got loads of story that can be told on a tv series that can only be touched upon in a film.

Comment by Nicole – July 31, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing and it would be a really cool twist for Marvel’s plans. Plus I do remember him being a scientist on “Guiding Light” years ago too.

Comment by Amanda – July 31, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, I hope so!

Comment by Alia – July 31, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought Simon Pegg was playing Ant Man/Pym?

Comment by holden tacos – July 31, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not a chance he’s Hank Pym. there is no way Marvel is putting out an Ant Man movie staring Ghost Whisperer.. now way in H E double Hockey sticks.

Comment by Nick C – July 31, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably not Pym. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t be Scott Lang, though, but I doubt they’re going to go that way.

Comment by Summer – August 1, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love him, so that’s excellent news!!

Comment by TVIsMyPacifier.com (@tvismypacifier) – July 31, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my God. For nearly the whole year I’ve been watching Grimm, I thought he was Renard! The guy that actually plays him and David look and sound exactly alike.

Anyway, really excited for David on SHIELD! I miss Ghost Whisperer.

Comment by Lynn – July 31, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him on Ghost Whisperer and now I will have to PVD Shield to watch it just because of him!

Comment by sarah – July 31, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him on Miss Match with Alicia Silverstone!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – July 31, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was looking pretty good in season 1 of Roswell too

Comment by Mikael – August 1, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • David Conrad is too fine an actor not to be seen regularly. He’s a true natural and I have missed his work so much since “Ghost Whisperer” ended. I can’t believe such a talented actor is not all over TV and films!

Comment by Fay Lee – August 26, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He looks a lot like Danny Rand :)

Comment by Polly – July 31, 2013 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ray parks(darth maul/snake eyes)was originally going to do an iron fist movie.

Comment by David – August 1, 2013 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post