Sarah Michelle Gellar On Hubby Freddie Prinze's Forthcoming Bones Date With Ex-Buffy Love David Boreanaz: They Better Not Make Out!

Prinze Gellar Boreanaz BonesSarah Michelle Gellar gave husband Freddie Prinze Jr. her blessing to appear on Bones this season opposite her former Buffy leading man David Boreanaz, but her endorsement came with one tiny caveat.

“As long as they don’t make out I think it’ll be fun,” the actress laughed to TVLine Sunday night at CBS’ Television Critics Assoc. press tour party, where she was promoting her new fall comedy, Crazy Ones.

RELATED | Sarah Michelle Gellar: Playing Ringer Twins as New Mom Was ‘Not My Smartest Day’

All joking aside, Gellar revealed that Prinze’s potentially recurring stint on the Fox drama — in which he’ll play a covert CIA agent and old buddy of Boreanaz’ Booth — was negotiated at the pool.

“This actually all came about from David, Freddie and I hanging out two weeks ago,” she explained. “David sort of [floated the idea to us]. And I was like, ‘Sure!’ And Freddie was like, ‘Yes!’ It was literally a poolside conversation.”

Currently, Prinze is booked for one episode — the show’s Sept. 16 Season 9 opener — but word is there’s potential for a second.

1. Sky Lark says:

Cool, it looks like fun for the actors and that will come across on the screen and Freddie can defo play the part of the CIA old pal of Booth. Looking forward to it. Hope it is recurring for the whole season, sight unseen.

2. Josh says:

I like that Buffy and Angel hang by the pool, only because she always use to think they’re relationship could never work, what with the no sunlight thing.

*Sigh*…Remember when vampires couldn’t go out in the sunlight and vampires weren’t mopey bad boys? Angel loved Buffy enough to leave her so wouldn’t waste her life.

3. Martin says:

I don’t know why but it makes me happy that these two are still friends.

4. Dasha says:

OMG i’m so happy to know that David and Sarah are still friends!!!!! Bangel fan 4ever <3

5. It does my heart good to hear that Buffy and Angel still hang out together.

6. Brought a smile to my face, reading this….love that they are all still friends. I miss Buffy….Kickstarter anyone?! :)

• mia says:

Joss would never do a kickstarter. Pre-Marvel he would have, but now that he’s the King of Marvel he wouldn’t cause he know it would look tacky.

• alistaircrane says:

Just read the Season 8 and Season 9 comics published by Dark Horse. They continue Buffy’s story post-Chosen. The series is executive-produced by Joss, and many issues are written by him as well.

7. Jess says:

1st, of all I think David & Freddie working together on a Bones ep is inspired casting…they have that ole buddy vibe built in already…2nd, just goes to show NO ONE truly knows who celebs are pals with, so finding out that SMG & David are not only pals but hang out together still after all this time, warms my heart and 3rd, Welcome to the Bones family Freddie :)

8. B.Sidney says:

IDK she comes out such annoying sometimes. Weird comments are the worst.

9. Fernanda says:

Now I want to see Emily Deschanel and SMG sharing the spotlight. Remember in a Paley Fest Panel with Bones cast, Emily said that she want to participate in a sitcom after her show ends. If the Crazy Ones is renewed she could be in that show.

• anon says:

I would much rather see David and Sarah share the spotlight again, that would generate a tv media buzz…Emily & SMG are a random and meh pairing, imo.

• Begorrah says:

yes, yes, SMG & David together again, even for 1 ep, as different characters would be win, win and could pump up both shows. Buzz, buzz, buzz. I know, diff nets, would never happen but it’s fun to speculate.

10. Michael says:

Donny Crane

11. douglas says:

I love this girl since Buffy. I hope crazy ones be a great show. ¨sorry my english.. big hi from brazil

12. Dasha says:

I’m dying to see David and Sarah work together again !!!

13. amy says:

I dunno why but for some reason the fact they’re still friends makes me smile. The whole cast seems pretty close still, with Alyson and Alexis married and Amy Acker. I also think Antony Head is still close with Aly and Alexis.

14. Mikael says:

I love that Sarah and David are friends! And since she put the idea in my head, I would actually love to see Freddie and David make out lol.

15. Liz says:

Love the fact that those two are friends! If only Joss had ended the show as it SHOULD have ended, with Buffy & Angel together! After all, we’ve waited for Angel to get his shanshu and be with Buffy… and nothing! *sigh*
    At least, there are fanfictions…

• buffyfan says:

Buffy and Angel together at the end? Not in the Whedonverse. Of his 3 huge shows (BTVS, Angel, Firefly) WHAT COUPLE, TOTALLY IN LOVE, ever ended up together? The minute a couple fell in love, one was doomed! And Buffy and Angel were doomed from the start!

• Tina says:

I suppose Serenity doesn’t technically count, but Simon and Kaylee did at least manage to get together and survive.