Fall TV Preview

Parks and Recreation Exclusive: Sam Elliott Cast as Ron Swanson's Eagleton Doppelganger

Parks and Recreation Sam ElliottParks and Recreation‘s sixth season is shaping up to be seriously bizarro.

Acting vet Sam Elliott has signed on to guest star in an episode of the NBC comedy as Ron Swanson’s aggressively mustached counterpart/doppelganger in neighboring Eagleton, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | Chris Pratt’s Killer New Body: 5 WaysParks and Rec Could Use it in Season 6

Elliott will appear in the same episode that features Kristen Bell as Leslie’s “richer and better dressed” Eagleton equivalent.

Parks kicks off its sixth season on Sept. 26.

Comments (12)

• For a second I thought Chris Elliot and nearly vomited. This guy is a much better choice. Looking forward to this episode. Kristen is one of my fav actresses out there.

Comment by Mark – July 27, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant piece of casting. Besides Tom Selleck, Sam has the only mustache that can hold its own against Ron Swanson.

Comment by Eric – July 27, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting. I can’t wait to see Sam as Ron’s Eagleton Doppelganger.

Comment by Joey – July 27, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I’m excited about Kristen Bell and Sam Elliott, but now I’m wondering – will we have the pleasure of viewing a Donna Doppelgänger/Bizarro Donna (or Tom, or Gerry/Gary) in Eagleton? For the love of Ginuwine..or by the power of Grayskull, whatever “floats one’s boat”!

Comment by Winnie – July 27, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe Gerry/Gary has a twin brother in Eagleton named Barry.

Comment by WyldeMan52 – July 27, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know, is this a waste of a prayer? Too bad, I’m praying for this now!!

Comment by Spencer – July 27, 2013 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • His twin brother should be Gary/Gerry

Comment by 23553 – July 29, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this idea, but I think the eagleton jerry would have to be loved and revered and not a klutz.

Comment by JB Smooove – July 28, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have cast Shahid Khan! That dude has a mustache!

Comment by Mason Thompson – July 29, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I like Ron, he’s got nothing on Sam Elliott. But Leslie definitely has it all over Kristen Bell. I don’t know who Bell has nude photos of (doing God knows what), but that is the only explanation for Hollywood’s continual efforts to shove her down America’s throat.

Comment by Alan Shemper – July 29, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait a minute. I thought Parker Posey was Leslie’s Eagleton counterpart?

Comment by Busey – July 30, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No parker posey was her ex best friend/nemesis.

Comment by desiree – August 11, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post