Exclusive

Parks and Recreation Exclusive: Sam Elliott Cast as Ron Swanson's Eagleton Doppelganger

Parks and Recreation Sam ElliottParks and Recreation‘s sixth season is shaping up to be seriously bizarro.

Acting vet Sam Elliott has signed on to guest star in an episode of the NBC comedy as Ron Swanson’s aggressively mustached counterpart/doppelganger in neighboring Eagleton, TVLine has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS | Chris Pratt’s Killer New Body: 5 WaysParks and Rec Could Use it in Season 6

Elliott will appear in the same episode that features Kristen Bell as Leslie’s “richer and better dressed” Eagleton equivalent.

Parks kicks off its sixth season on Sept. 26.

1. Mark says:

For a second I thought Chris Elliot and nearly vomited. This guy is a much better choice. Looking forward to this episode. Kristen is one of my fav actresses out there.

2. Eric says:

Brilliant piece of casting. Besides Tom Selleck, Sam has the only mustache that can hold its own against Ron Swanson.

3. Joey says:

Great casting. I can’t wait to see Sam as Ron’s Eagleton Doppelganger.

4. Winnie says:

Oh, I’m excited about Kristen Bell and Sam Elliott, but now I’m wondering – will we have the pleasure of viewing a Donna Doppelgänger/Bizarro Donna (or Tom, or Gerry/Gary) in Eagleton? For the love of Ginuwine..or by the power of Grayskull, whatever “floats one’s boat”!

5. Mason Thompson says:

They should have cast Shahid Khan! That dude has a mustache!

6. Alan Shemper says:

As much as I like Ron, he’s got nothing on Sam Elliott. But Leslie definitely has it all over Kristen Bell. I don’t know who Bell has nude photos of (doing God knows what), but that is the only explanation for Hollywood’s continual efforts to shove her down America’s throat.

7. Busey says:

Wait a minute. I thought Parker Posey was Leslie’s Eagleton counterpart?