TVLine Items: Doctor Who's Spoiler-Proof 50th Plan, Witches Premiere, Scream News and More

Doctor Who 50th SimulcastIn a bold bid to avoid timey-wimey spoilers spreading ’round the Internet, Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary special will be simulcast worldwide at the same time.

In other words, per RadioTimes.com (which kindly did the math for us), the milestone outing will, for example, air Saturday, Nov. 23 at 7 pm across the pond on BBC1, at 2 pm here in New York City and at 11 am for Whovians in Los Angeles. (Aussies, meanwhile, would first lay eyes on the Matt Smith/David Tennant meet-up that Sunday at 6am.)

RELATED | Matt Smith’s Final Doctor Who Episode — The Emotional Goodbye

Ready for more TV dish? Well….

* Lifetime has announced that The Witches of East End, which is based on the Melissa de la Cruz novel and counts Julia Ormond, Mädchen Amick, Jenna Dewan Tatum, Rachel Boston, Eric Winter, Daniel DiTomasso, Jason George and Virginia Madsen among its cast, will premiere Sunday, Oct. 6.

* MTV’s Scream pilot will be penned by writing/producing partners Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin (Criminal Minds, The Event, Revenge), the cabler revealed on Friday.

* In Loving Color alum Ali Wentworth will guest-star on CBS’ Blue Bloods this fall as a sexpot perpetually kvetching about her neighbors, EW.com reports.

* Disney XD has renewed Lab Rats for a third season, to premiere late in 2014.

1. Poppy says:

I’m very excited about the Doctor Who special being broadcast all around the world at the same time!! This means I won’t have to avoid the internet all afternoon!! Plus I can DVR and watch it again later in the day!

2. Badpenny says:

An interesting tactic. Hopefully I’m free that day. :)

3. Tim says:

Interesting. Cannot wait for it (even though it’s time for a new doctor)

4. Cory says:

Looking forward to Witches of East End, and I wish Kevin Williamson would at least write the pilot of Scream if nothing else.

• Kevin Williamson and SCREAM have broken up forever, I think.

Honestly, I think it’s best that way for both Williamson and SCREAM. Let new writers take SCREAM in something like the wild, fun direction that Jeff Davis took TEEN WOLF, and let Williamson do new things he’s more interested in.

Anyway, the last time Williamson tried to do a weekly slasher series it didn’t really work.

5. jonathon says:

but The Following is going on to season 2 and was a great show. Keep up the great work Williamson. He has definitely moved on from scream.

6. danielle h says:

Wonder what tine slot witches will have….I know it will be 10 but gdi 10 is already grossly overbooked for me.

7. Jared says:

Can’t wait for the SCREAM pilot. This is a perfect franchise to take to MTV. Hopefully it will be just as good as Teen Wolf turned out to be.

8. Sheila says:

Score! Now my internet-downloading brother can’t out-watch me!

9. ben says:

Doctor Who’s Spolier-free plan… Don’t send out DVDs in advance?

10. Smithy says:

Thank you! I was wondering how the worldwide simulcast was going to work. They weren’t kidding. It sounds like it’s going to be a great episode, which is very welcome after a somewhat lackluster season.

11. Mikael says:

I’ll be interested to see Scream.