Fall TV Preview

Horror Story Vet Denis O'Hare Joins Coven

American Horror Story Cover Cast Denis O'HareDenis O’Hare — who earned an Emmy nod for his American Horror Story Season 1 turn as burn victim Larry Harvey — is returning to the FX spooker for its third cycle, subtitled Coven.

RELATED | Fall TV Wednesday: Horror Story Witches Vs. the New Ironside and Other DVR Dilemmas

Horror Story-teller Ryan Murphy announced the casting coup on Saturday via Twitter, but offered no further details on O’Hare’s role.

O’Hare joins a Coven cast that includes fellow Horror Story alumni Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, Evan Peters and Taissa Farmiga, as well as new blood Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Emma Roberts, Patti LuPone and Gabourey Sidibe.

The actor’s other recent TV credits include The Good Wife, Law & Order: SVU and True Blood.

A premiere date for AHS: Coven has not yet been announced, but with FX’s turn at the Television Critics Association summer press tour coming up on Friday, you should expect news soon.

Comments (10)

• This makes me unbelievably happy. Denis O’Hare is one of my favourite actors and I was disappointed they couldn’t fit him in Asylum, so this is FANTASTIC news!

Comment by Mellie – July 27, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dont know if it was so much they couldnt fit me into Asylum, more that he had a major role over on True Blood.

Comment by Yeahcanwe – July 27, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this guy. Such an amazing actor and so happy he will be on this show. Now if only there was any confirmation he will return to The Good Wife I would be so excited. Love Judge Charles Abernathy!!!

Comment by A – July 27, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news !
    I love Denis O’hare
    True Blood was better when he was part of the cast.

Comment by Whatever – July 27, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was perfect in S01! Really loved his input! The show really need some male cast members!

Comment by Maki – July 27, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope we really get some detailed information on Coven on Friday. They have this stellar cast and Ryan Murphy is frustrating with the secrecy! I also hope the reporters do not go overboard with questions about Cory and keep the focus where it belongs.

Comment by Tori – July 27, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My absolutely favorite part of season 1. Im so excited that he’ll be back. This completed my wish list of people returning though I’d still be open to a little more Lizzie Brochere

Comment by Lisa – July 27, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I LOVE it!

Comment by MrsB – July 27, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome news…Denis O’Hare is *so* amazing. It’s a travesty that he didn’t get an Emmy for his Russell Edgington on TB.

Comment by Aprilcot26 – July 27, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK ZACHARY QUINTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by steven – July 27, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post